Default font color

How do I change the default color for a sheet such that if
I retype a cell that is currently black, and I want to
make it blue, I don't have to keep going back to the Font
Color button?

Thanks!
0
Onlyeyes (1)

Jason

Conditional formatting will allow you to automatically
change colours based on three conditions.

Choose, Format, Conditional formatting, and enter a first
condition e.g. Cell value > 50 then change the colour
background.

More than three conditions will require a macro.

Regards
Peter

0
anonymous (74722)
10/14/2003 11:51:46 PM
You might be able to use an event macro that looks for changes:

Rightclick on the worksheet that should have this behavior and select View Code.

Paste this in:

Option Explicit

    If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
    With Target
        If .Font.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic _
          Or .Font.ColorIndex = 1 Then
            .Font.ColorIndex = 41
        End If
    End With
End Sub

The xlautomatic and 1 both look black in my test workbook.  And 41 was a light
blue.  Record a macro when you set a test cell to blue, black, and automatic to
get the numbers you want.

But if you hit F2, then enter, excel will see this as a change.  But F2, escape
not do the change.

And be aware that you'll lose Edit|Undo if you use this macro.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Target.Font.ColorIndex = 5
End Sub

-andy

0
anonymous (74722)
10/15/2003 12:07:48 AM
What happens to the cells that were red?  (I thought you really meant that stuff
about the black font.)

glad it worked ok for you.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Help!- Changing cell color
Hi excel gurus... I am trying to figure out how to change a cell color based on th results of color change done by condittional formating (CF). Here's the problem...i have to columns of data column A has actua financial numbers, and column B has forecasted numbers. the forecaste numbers are fixed and can't be changed. the actuals are what the use goes in and changes. in cell A1, i have a conditional format setup. Say if value is les than 100, cell color is highlighted green. if value is greater tha 100, cell color is yellow. Now I want cell B1, (column b is forecaste columns, t...

Change default Due date
Hi, Is it possible to put a default date in any Activity I will create? Thanks, Sylvie ...

Printing color separations without a postscript printer
In the past with Publisher 2003 I was able to print a two color newsletter separating the colors using black print with a standard HP Laser printer (non postscript). We would send the separated colors in black to the printer who was able to create a two color document. Is there a way to do that with Publisher 2007 without a postscript printer? Mark Simonian In Windows SP, install an HP LaserJet PostScript Plus printer. "Mark S" <mms88@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:uFSyZe2sHHA.1416@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > In the past with Publisher 2003 I was able to print a tw...

How to Change Default Format for E-mail Received Column
Can someone tell me if you can change the format for the "Received" column for all mail folders at one time. Cannot find it in Help or any menus. Don't need the day of the week in current format default but changing it for every folder is very annoying. Thanks RJ ...

Formatting background colors
Is there a formula I can use to change the background colors on specific cells? I want to change the color on the even rows of 4 columns (A:D) to gray. I know I can click on the areas to do this, but it is so time consuming. I hope this makes sense. Thanks for any assistance. Select columns (A:D) Format>Conditional Formatting>choose Formula from Condition1 drop down list, formula is =MOD(ROW(A1),2)=0, >Format>Pattern, choose grey color! -- Regards! Stefi „Randy” ezt írta: > Is there a formula I can use to change the background colors on spec...

Default SMTP virtual server Queues
I have one exchange server 2000 and the users are using a mix of Outlook 2000 and 2003. I restarted my exchange server after stopping all the exchange services and since then e-mails are very slow to show up in the inbox of the users. In looking at the Exchange System Manager the Queue under Default SMTP Virtual Server has a lot of messages waiting. The connection state says "retry". I have been right clicking and force connecting, which changes it to "Active" but that doesn't seem to help a lot. E-mails are trickling in but it seems to take 2 or 3 hours. The Pr...

CEdit and disabled color
Hi, I would like to write my own class derived from CEdit class. In fact, i dislike the background and text colors used in CEdit when this component is disabled. I know the the WM_CTLCOLOR could be used, but i also know that exist reflection to make component handle its own messages. Does anybody already use it ? Does it improve speed of message processing ? Does the code from MS help is enough or should it be more ? thx, Maileen "Maileen" <novalid@email.com> wrote in message news:e9IhikzaEHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I would like to write my own cl...

Form as Default
I have created a form in order to have a constant cc recipient every time I open up a new email......how do I make that the default? http://www.slipstick.com/dev/newdefaultform.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Heather asked: | I have created a form in order to have a constant cc | recipient every time I open up a new email......how do I | make that the default? ...

Default File Save As to .docm
At a template or document level (rather than at a group or application level), how can you change the default file save as to be .docm rather than ..docx ? Click Office button | Word Options, Save category. For "Save files in this format," choose the desired format. Click OK. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "DavidB" <DavidB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:716E261F-0216-4509-B966-CB3A1FE2F29F@microsoft.com... > At a template or document level (rather than at a group or application > level), how can you change the de...

font color
Hi everybody, The system freeze each time I try to change the color font or a cell background. Start Excel in safe mode /a did not resolve anything. Thank You in advance for your help. J0s Montreal (Qc) Could be you're too low on system Memory...........if you have other programs running at the same time, try shuting them down and then trying to change the font color.........maybe you need more RAM Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "J0s" <libidule@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:#8xFDXDcFHA.3492@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi everybody, > > The system freeze e...

Setting up "wrap text" as an email default
How can I set a default for wrap text for all e-mails? We don't know since you did not mention your version of Outlook and what message editor you are using. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, shadow asked: | How can I set a default for wrap text for all e-mails? ...

Change the font size of the Column/Row headers?
Hi Is this possible, & if so, could you point out where? I can't find it. Thanks Dave F. Dave Format>Style>Normal>Modify>Font. Set higher or lower and OK your way out. Note: this will initially change all the cells' font to that setting, but you can change those as you wish. The column and row headers will stay at the new setting. This will not affect previously saved workbooks, just the one you're in. To have this as default, save a workbook with these settings as a Template(*.xlt) Name your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XL...

Font formatting in Active X Control boxes
I've created a form using Developer Contols Active X Controls, specifically a text box field. I've highlighted the entire document and set the font at Arial 12 pt. Some of the text box fields fill with Arial 12 pt. and some fill with Times New Roman 12 pt. How do I change the formatting so ALL the fields print using the same font and point size? Make sure Word is in Design mode. Right-click an ActiveX control and choose Properties. Set the desired font in the properties window. Note, however, that ActiveX controls aren't very easy to deal with. (For one thing, mac...

CreatePointFontIndirect and Extremely Large Fonts
Hi, I am writing a CAD application using MFC. I use CreatePointFontIndirect to display text objects from the database. Since the database uses floating point data, I use a very large integer view and scale the data accordingly. This leads to the use of some very large font heights, on the order of 30,000,000. Above a certain height (I don't know exactly where), the text height does not increase and the letters of words are squashed horizontally, roughly filling a square in extents. Does anyone know of limitations on the absolute sizes of fonts and possible workarounds? Thanks! Andrew Wil...

Need new font
I have publisher 2003 installed. My partner has the same but different fonts. I NEED TypeUpright BT installed to share the same info with her. I can not find it online to purchase. Can anyone tell me how to get it? Go to http://www.geocities.com/karrollyn/Misc/Fonts/FontsIUse.html. It'll take a few moments to fully load. Scroll down to Type Upright BT and click on it. It'll start the download as a .zip file. Send payment in the form of two cans of Fancy Feast Grilled Salmon to: Topaz and Phil c/o JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Lorrie" <pnutservr@yah...

default date/time format
Hi, is there a way to change the default date/time format? I'm often opening CSV files with date_time fields in the following format: dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss.00 e.g. 17/10/2002 13:55:49.82 but Excell automatically detects this is a date/time, and dislays it with the format: mm:ss.0 e.g. 55:49.8 I currently have to select the date/time cells and change the cell format to the custom one above. can I change the defaults so that this is the format used automatically? many thanks Pete Curiously it's the presence of the tenths/hundredths of seconds that causes this. Without them (e...

Windows Vista default
I am having Outlook in windows vista. and in windows visata default mail client is windows mail. I dont want that. I want Microsoft Outlook as default mail client. When I click a hyperlinked e-mail address, I get a pop-up that says I haven't set a mail default. How do I set my mail default to open in microsoft outlook with Windows Vista? In Internet Explorer | Tools | Internet Options | Programs | Set Programs... -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com "archie" <archie.dhanu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1177441399.602158....

outlook default file
Help, I am trying to open MS Outlook and I keep getting a pop-up d-fault file message. It also says that it can't find a location to recive e-mail. I am using MS Office 2000 Professional with windows XP Home Edition. Have you created your mail account settings under Control Panel->Mail Icon? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, gracebejarano@yaho...

Etched font
When a control is disabled, the font of its associated label becomes etched (as does its own font). How can I make a label which is not associated with a control appear in the same, greyed, etched font? "Rod" <Rod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:896DC0A9-0BD4-4B9C-91F6-BAF4C1DD14B4@microsoft.com... > When a control is disabled, the font of its associated label becomes > etched > (as does its own font). > > How can I make a label which is not associated with a control appear in > the > same, greyed, etched font? Create a textbox. Set...

change font when sheet is protected
Hi, I am working on a spreadsheet with a lot of formulas in it. I am then protecting it and only leaving the comments parts unprotected. My question is once I've protected the sheet, I cannot change the font size or bold, undeline or italics the words in the comment section. I want the comments column to be unprotected so that anyone can write and change font or color if need to be. Please help !!!! Depends upon which version of Excel you are using. With 2002 and 2003 you can, when protecting the sheet, checkmark "edit objects" which will allow changing fonts and styles i...

Change color of cell after user has input a number
I have a spreadsheet that populates a number of cells. The user has the option to change the cell values. Now, ifthe user changes a value, I want the value to be of a different colour. Say the code-generated value of cell B1 is 137 (black colour) if the user changes the value to 200, I want the colour to be red Is this possible? Thanks in advance... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const WS_RANGE As String = "B1:B10" On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range(WS_RANGE)) Is Nothing Then With T...

unable to open default email folders. The information store could not be opened
When I open Outlook 2003, I get a message that says "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The information store could not be opened" When I go to modify the account and change the server name, it has a FQDN in there that says nvheathorn01.nvheathorn.com and it resolves to a public IP. How can I get it to accept my servers local private IP? If I type in the local address for the exchange server name, it gets changed automatically to the FQDN. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. ...

Can't print Spot Colors to RISO Printer
I have had no success printing one color at a time. This RISO was able to print spot colors in the old Publisher program. Can't get it to work in new. The RISO is not a PostScript printer. Has anyone solved this problem? So far support.microsoft.com hasn't. Which version of Publisher are you using? -- i have the same problem, i have to create a seperated pdf and print to the riso from acrobat ...

Install failing loading default data
Hi, When the server reaches the point of the installation where it is loading the default data into the CRM database, I get an error message saying: Failed to import default data to CRM database. See event log for details. Here are the last two event logs that I think pertain: Event Type: Error Event Source: DMSNAPIN Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 7/29/2003 Time: 10:13:15 AM User: N/A Computer: CRM-SERVER Description: GenerateXslChunks Error : Concurrency violation: the UpdateCommand affected 0 records. , StackTrace : at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Update(DataRow[] dataR...

Default Outlook Profile.NK2
Does anyone know how to add email addresses to the Default Outlook Profile.NK2 file? This is the file that stores frequently used email addresses so that you do not have to always go to the directory and select a name. Thanks, ptm As far as I know, the only way to add to that file is by entering the addresses in the To field in a new mail message (it probably works for the CC and BCC fields too, but I haven't tried those). -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the mes...