Default file location

Where do I change the setting so that when I go to File -
Open, this open a specific folder.  I know how to change
the dafault Save location, but this doesn't seem to be the
same for the default File - Open location.

Using either Excel 2000 or 2002
0
lynn_1968 (8)

Thanks. The "at startup, open all files in"  doesnt seem
to work.

0
lynn_1968 (8)

Retrieve an External File, pdf, txt, jpeg... etc
I have a generic folder (c:/database/folder/)with a many different files that need to be referenced on a regular basis. The worst part is finding the file that is needed. What I am trying to do is to have the user add on a form the name of the file with the extension (such as .pdf, .doc, .txt, .jpg) where such information is stored. So lets say as an example that we want to retrieve the file name adobe.pdf. Using a form, how can I have a pull the exact file? Again, all files are stored in the same folder and path. Thanks in advanced!! Use the 'standard Windows Fil...

Using .NET XmlDocument Class, How to use a xpath expression on xml document which has a default namespace

Convert old PPT file
My company recently upgrade the office 2003 to office 2007. It works well for most of the users except one. He had thousands of old powerpoint slides which created around year 1996,1997. By using right click to check the file properties, it shows the the application name is 'Microsoft Powerpoint 4.0' .These file can be opened by powerpoint 2003 but can not being opened by powerpoint 2007. Does anyone have idea how I can bulk convert those files to powerpoint 2003 format? Thanks James Steve has a macro here http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00740.htm -- john ATSIGN PPTAl...

Viewing MDI files in Office 2008?
How do you view MDI files in Office 2008? I am a new Mac user so please simplify it for me! MDI files can only be viewed in Microsoft Office Document Imaging, and that application is not available on the Macintosh. On 18/02/08 4:18, in article ee8dd44.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Mac_Newbie@officeformac.com" <Mac_Newbie@officeformac.com> wrote: > How do you view MDI files in Office 2008? I am a new Mac user so please > simplify it for me! -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP Office:mac (Entourage & Word) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** Additional to...

Manual payment with credit card default distributions
When selecting payment type of credit card via a manual payment, I don=92t understand the default distributions of debiting AP and crediting Cash. Why is it crediting cash? Shouldn=92t it be crediting (increasing) the credit card payable account? We now owe money to the credit card company. Hi Jeet, There are two things going on in here 1. There is a payables trx that is being paid through a credit card. Here as far as the trx is concerned it is being cleared off through a credit card payment(as gud as paying cash to the vendor). So in payables the PAY type is getting debited and CASH typ...

coverting pub files to jpeg
How do i convert a multipage publisher file to jpeg so i can send to someone via email who does not have publisher? -- I am new to windows xp and am looking for help and guidance. I appreciate your time. Thanks people Convert it to pdf. You can get a free or inexpensive pdf converting program at: Primopdf at www.Primopdf.com it's free or a low cost program, PDF-XChange at; http://www.docu-track.com/ -- Don Vancouver USA "kezaaa" <kezaaa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8546816-9E55-4BB3-B03F-1D42555F98F6@microsoft.com... > How do i conver...

How to open registry file both ASCII and Unicode versions
Hi, In my program i need to open a windows registry export file (both older ASCII REGEDIT4 and unicode regedit 5 formats) and parse the file for my programs requirements. The project is not and cannot be built as unicode (for other reasons). Once the file is opened I need to parse the file, read keys + values etc... Question is how do i do this? I have used CStdioFile, open as typeBinary and then fgetws(wcBuffer, nMax, importFile.m_pStream) Which works for unicode files, but how do i test whether a file is ASCII or Unicode in the first place? Any help would be much appreaciated, T...

Default Public View has records but columns are blank
A custom entity has a default list view but the entries in the list do not show any values. There are a number of lines in the list with an icon only. If I try to delete one the message says select an entry before attempting operation. I cannot select the lijne either. Have created many views before and never seen this. Other views are ok? Hi Steve, Try publishing the entity and see if this resolves the problem. HTH, Niths "Steve" wrote: > A custom entity has a default list view but the entries in the list do not > show any values. There are a number of lines in the...

Publisher should allow turning off HYPHENATION for entire file.
I do not want hyphenation on for my entire newsletter. Is there a way I can do that? I have searched and searched and cannot find how to do this. Thank you! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx...

Unable to Overwrite Existing Network File
I have been searching in vain for a solution to this problem for quite some time. What happens is that even when running a simple MFC program (i.e. created from the Wizard & run), I cannot overwrite an existing network file. I can create new files on the network without a problem. Also, no other programs installed on my machine have this problem (notpad, Word, etc.). I have checked my network permissions and I have every permission available on the target directory with the exception of "Full Control", "Change Permissions", and "Take Ownership". Does anyo...

Outlook 2003-Cannot delete PST files
I started using trial version of Office Pro 2003. In Outlook, someow I ended up with 3 folders I want to delete at the left column under All Mail Folders. When I try to close them, I get "Operation failed. An object could not be found" message. Similar issue is discussed at KB292022, but it relates to Outlook 2000 and I could not find the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Microsoft Outlook Internet Settings\". I am not sure if I am using IMO or CW. Outlook 2003 does not indicate it at Help-About.... screen. Can anyone h...

Locate a Cell based upon criteria
I'm trying to locate a cell based upon certain criteria. For example: =CELL("row",min(C6:C11)). What doesn't seem to work is using the Min function. Any thoughts on the best way to return a cell location? Many thanks for any help you can provide! Try... =CELL("row",INDEX(C6:C11,MATCH(MIN(C6:C11),C6:C11,0))) Hope this helps! In article <C598DBDD-0D25-48E3-AA44-6B6250176D67@microsoft.com>, "Stan" <Stan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to locate a cell based upon certain criteria. For example: > =CELL("ro...

E000000*.log files
I have an awful lot of these files in c:\program files\exchsrvr\mdbdata\ Can I simply delete them? No - Do a full Exchange Aware backup (such as NTBackup) and it will remove them. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Hades" <no@spam.ta> wrote in message news:40333f6b$0$7066$ed9e5944@reading.news.pipex.net...

Save file as readonly with password
is there a way for access to export a file to word (.rtf) as a read only file with a built in password to unprotect it? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Print to a file
My program has some methods that print to a printer OK. But I need to put labels on those files afterwards so it would be better to print them to a file first. The program calls GetPrinterDC() before starting the printing. Is there some update that will permit the user to print to a file? Thanks, E-Jo Hello E-Jo, Glad to see you. Generally speaking, if you want to save and add the information in current dc to a file, you can create a dc from a bmp and blt all informaiton from the src dc to the bmp. I notice you would like to put labels on a file after it is printed. I am afraid I...

Taking Ownership/Deleting Files on NTFS drive
A little background.... I work at a college and we've always redirected our user's desktop and My Documents to another drive letter on the computer (D:). When the next user logs in our login script deletes the directories and recreates them for the new user. We do this so that student's can store files under their profile when exams run. Under XP the D: drive is/was a FAT32 drive and we just used a file system object to delete the files and folders. Under Windows 7 you have to redirect directories to a location that can be indexed which a FAT 32 drive can't b...

Access 2003 file format advange?
We're upgrading our system from Access 2000 to Access 2003. I'm aware that version 2000 databases can be opened in Access 2003 without conversion, and it did, in fact open, but are there any benefits to converting the database to version 2003? Or, are there reasons why our 2000 database should NOT be converted to 2003? It's hard to beleive that it wouldn't matter one way or the other, and think there must be some advantage to converting to a file format of "2003" if we're using Access 2003. Many thanks in advance. On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:31:13 -0500, Si...

Cursor Location
I'm creating a questionnaire that will allow the user to input data in selected fields. How can I make the cursor advance to the next open cell if the user tabs or hits the enter button? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated First unlock the cells where the user will be entering their response (Format>Cells>Protection>Locked) Then protect the sheet. When you press tab, each of the unlocked cells will be accessed in turn. You could put an instruction to the user to that effect. "Glen" wrote: > I'm creating a questionnaire that will allow the user ...

Cant open saved files in Publisher Beta2 new version. Any advise
I have tried to open several save files in the new version of Publisher Beta 2, but alas it seems impossible. When clicking on recent files they can't find them and I have to browse for them, but when I find them I get the message cant open the file (s). Somebody having a good advise? Have you installed the beta refresh? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=B07A3387-01CF-4BC3-821A-0BB10E7A59FA&displayLang=en&oRef=blockedReferrer There are a number of fixes in the refresh. I cannot duplicate your error, Publisher 2007 opens all my files. Do you have Norton...

print spool large files
When we send a print job to our color laser printer, the original job is 67MB but it gets blown up after we send it to the printer to over 2GB. This makes the print job take forever to print the 10 page brochure. We have tried new drivers and different printers and we have all service packs installled. Thanks for any help that you may offer. Tony How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to print to a local printer by using Office programs in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870622/en-us Can you add RAM to your printer? Have you looked at the printe...

Reading file properties
I've got an install program that I packaged with PackageForTheWeb program. If you go to the properties of the file you have different tabs available showing you information (file versions, company name, etc) that was set during the creation of the package file. Is there a C++ or C api function to access any of this information? Thanks Ray >I've got an install program that I packaged with PackageForTheWeb program. >If you go to the properties of the file you have different tabs available >showing you information (file versions, company name, etc) that was set >d...

outlook 2002 on xp pro: default format style for new emails
Whenever I start a new email in Outlook, the format style is set to Paragraph, not Normal as with most, if not all, other computers. Actually a user is patched through CITRIX, piped into the citrix server, using his session's Outlook. Don't let that throw you; I'd like at least to know if there's a way to change the default. Thank you! ...

File format is not valid #2
Can anyone help me with this. I tried to open an existing file (which a number of people have access to) and it has come up with this error. Can it be fixed? Thanks heaps. Is it an xls file? "FB" wrote: > Can anyone help me with this. I tried to open an existing file (which a > number of people have access to) and it has come up with this error. > Can it be fixed? > Thanks heaps. Yes. And it worked just fine a week ago prior to someone doing something to the file. "exceluserforeman" wrote: > Is it an xls file? > > "FB" wrote: >...

howto only create a .lib file instead of creating/linking a complete dll
hi all, i have a librariy around here that gets compiled and linked to a dll. at the time of linking, visual studio 6 also creates a .lib file. how can i split that compiling/linking ? what i want to achieve is just only to generate this .lib file (because at that time i cant completly link my libs because of its dependencies) i already tried to export the dsp to a makefile and run: nmake -d mylib.dsp /MAKE "mylib - Win32 release but it seems that this also wants to create a .lib and a .dll file at the same time so i tried to run: nmake -d mylib.dsp /MAKE mylib.lib "mylib - Win3...

how do i sync multiple copies of the same excel file?
Looking for a way to sincronize multiple copies of the same Excel file automaticly. Each time one is changes, copy it over all the others. (use VBA code). -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "graphicdoug" <graphicdoug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D48C804-EC45-4F5E-BC77-DBBF295177A7@microsoft.com... > Looking for a way to sincronize multiple copies of the same Excel file > automaticly. ...