Default Date set to Chinese Character

Hi All,

I need help here. I am running Windows 2000 Pro with Office 2000 SR-1.

Whenever I key in date, Excel will automatically convert it to Chinese
date format. I have set the default language to English International
and the result still the same.

So I checked the location (region) and it was set to Taiwan. So I
changed it to US English and restarted the computer. The result is
still the same, doesn't solve the problem.

Is there any settings that I missed? Please help.

Thank you.

Regards,
ngancs

Date construct with DatePart is kicking my.... well, you know.
Private Sub cmdCreatePath_Click() Dim strDateCons As String <bunch of my code that is (surprisingly) working like it should> strDateCons = DatePart(yyyy, Me.txtDateEntered) & "-" & DatePart(mm, Me.txtDateEntered) & _ "-" & DatePart(dd, Me.txtDateEntered) Debug.Print strDateCons End Sub When I click the magic button... nuffin'! I get an error message that states "Compile error: Variable not defined" and it highlights the 'yyyy' part of my first DatePart statement. What I actually wanted it to do was to take the date ...

How do I increase query field length (>20 characters) ?
I want to exclude 3 or 4 variables from a particular query. Using Not "xx"or"yy" is fine, but when excluding more than this, query fails. I think the problem is that the total text characters is quite large (approx 60 characters in total, from four exclusions). Ideas, please ? 60 characters is not the limit. 1024 characters is the limit. POST the SQL of the query that is not working (View: SQL on the menu) or at a minimum post what you are attempting as the criteria. Also "query fails" does not tell us if you get an error (what is it) or the wrong resul...

setting up account for outlook?
Can anyone help me? Im new at this and would like to e-mail a friend whos over in iraq! Talk to your ISP - they will give you all the information you need to set up your account. We cannot. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rasheem asked: | Can anyone help me? Im new at this and would like to e-mail a friend | whos over in iraq! ...

Favorite Folders reverts to default list when computer shut-down
I have no problem adding, deleting or moving folders in the Favorite Folders pane. The problem is that they all disappear and revert to the default list everytime my computer is shut down. So I have to keep adding the folders back in Is there a way to keep the shortcut folders in the Favorite Folders pane? ...

Changing a text field to a date field
Hi I know this is a problem for lots of people but I still cant find an answer. I have imported a text file into excel with a number field that displays credit card expiry dates as a 4 digit number. example 0408 so month + year. I have converted the number field to a text field so it doesnt drop off the first zero and now I need to convert it to a date field. Any nice easy simple ideas. Any help would be much appreaciated. Or direction to a question the same. Perhaps =DATE(100+RIGHT(A1,2),LEFT(A1,2),1) format as date -- daddylonglegs --------------------------------------------...

Date and time onto a form
Hi, I am designing a form that my client would like the date and time automatically recorded in a field and stored so that when they refer back it shows when the record was done. The 'NOW' function only shows the current date & time and keeps updating. Is there a way of putting the 'NOW' value into a field, then locking it so it doesn't change when the record is reopened. Hope that makes sense! Kazlou The form stores data in a table. You need to add a date/time field to your table to record the date and time a record was last updated. 1. Open the table in desig...

How do I display nonprintable characters
We are running Excel 2000 under Windows XP on 2 different PC's. In a spreadsheet we have imported data from a text file. The data has included some nonprintable characters which show up as squares on my PC but as spaces on my colleagues. We can use the CLEAN function to strip out the squares, but how do we get them displayed as squares on the second PC, so that we know that they are there? Chip Pearson has a very nice addin that will help determine what that character(s) is: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm But the only squares that sometimes disappear for me correspond to c...

OWA Display Settings
Is there a method to clear the Web Access Display Settings (i.e. Color Schemes, Preview Pane setup) from the server side of the application for either a single user or all OWA users? Also, I've had several users report that if they've attempted to access their OWA mailbox in FireFox, they lose the way messages are normally displayed in the OWA client where each message basically has two lines, one line for who it came from and when and the next line for the subject. After logging to OWA with Firefox, all of the information is displayed on a single line. This is on a Windows...

date #4
Hi All I live in South Africa, and I have an interesting problem that persists in Excel 2003 and 2007. =TEXT(NOW(),"dd mmm yyyy") returns 15 Dec 2006 =month(now()) returns 12 =text(month(now()),"MMMM") returns January =year(now()) returns 2006 =text(year(now()),"yyyy") returns 1905 Why would this be? Thanks Chris Chris, =text(month(now()),"MMMM") should be =text(now(),"MMMM") and =text(year(now()),"yyyy") should be =text(now(),"yyyy") or just =year(now()) Otherwise, you are calcing the month of the 12th day afte...

Date question 01-14-10
Can anyone help with this function: =IF[Date Parts Ordered Completed]+ [Date Part Completed]+[Date Purchasing Completed],not blank,=Date The goal is that is all three fields have a date in them, then put in today's date in the final field. If one of the dates is missing, then the final date is blank. The only problem is if I open up that form I do not want it to change the date to today. I want it to stay the date of the actual completion. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, P-Chu -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Try this -- Completion_...

How to show the month of the referenced cell (containing a date)
If a cell holds the date "2/1/08", what formula can I use that will give me the following result: "Feb - 08" I tried =Month(a2)......but I just get the number of the month. Thanks. =TEXT(A2,"mmm - yy") Or simply =A2 with the cell custom formatted mmm - yy HTH. Best wishes Harald "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> skrev i melding news:165b03da-19ba-40b8-b9fe-77b17ef045b5@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > If a cell holds the date "2/1/08", what formula can I use that will > give me the following result: > > "Feb - 08&...

set a reminder to print or edit in an excel document
Is there a way to set a reminder to print part of a workbook or edit a workbook on a certain day. I need to print and edit a workbook on a certain day at a certain time, but I can never remember to do this. Is there any way of setting a reminder alarm or notification. Thanks > Is there a way to set a reminder to print part of a workbook or edit a > workbook on a certain day. ... If you have Excel, you might be using Outlook also. Both are part of Office 2003. Outlook has a "calendar" feature that pops up reminders the user can schedule. I use it all the ti...

GL Posting date is missing or invalid error message
Hello, When trying to post a Sales order through Sales transactions entry window, we get an error message 'General ledger posting date is invalid or missing' The dates seem correct. The fiscal periods are all set up correctly. This happens whether we try to post an individual transcation or a batch. The batch looks like it is posting, but all the posting reports have zero mamounts in them & the batch still sits there even after posting as if it has never been posted. We are running GP 8.00g34 What is causing this & how do we fix it? Thanks Did you recently change your pos...

entering Unicode characters
Hi everybody, I have a MFC app with a dialog with a Rich Edit control. I need to enter Unicode characters. When I enter Alt+nnn, I get the corresponding Unicode character (for example Alt+937 gives the greek letter omega). When I do the same with a normal edit field (not Rich Edit) I get another character (looks like french e) - probably it gets converted to ANSI. I need to be able to enter Unicode characters in the standard edit fields using the Alt+nnn method. How can I achieve that? Can I enable it somehow or do I have to implement it? I am using Windows 2000, VS 6.0. thanks for a...

And introducing... The Default Text Box Add-in!!
Default Text Box for Publisher 2002/2003 allows you to save defaults for text boxes in Publisher 2002 (which before now has been impossible) and to save these defaults for use in future publications (which isn't even possible with Publisher 2003!) Download it now from http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/add-ins.htm Go on, give it a go - it's free! -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm I don't want add-ons for 2002 - I want 2003! "Ed Bennett" <...

start app without setting focus
Hi, i want to start my app (modless dialog) and I do not want, that my application gets the focus. How can I realize that? I tried such tings like GetForeGroundWindow()->SetFocus, but nothing worked. Everytime my app has the focus (wether running hidden with tray icon or showed). Does anybody has some ideas how I can do that? thanks a lot, Holger -- www.kreissl.info In CDialog::OnInitDialog() return FALSE instead of TRUE -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I Believe this will Help" "Holger Krei�l" <n...

Date range for a report
Hi I am trying to run a query and can't seem to nail down the right code. We use the access database to track files, incoming/outgoing correspondence dates etc. I am trying to run a query that show me files with dates in a follow up field of -60 days to +7 days, so essentially any follow ups missed in the last 2 months and up coming in the next week. This report is run on a weekly basis. Appreciate any help Thanks Assuming that the follow up field is actually a date/time data type, try this in the criteria: Between Date() - 60 and Date() + 7 -- Jerry Whittle, ...

Outlook keeps making itself Default
Hi, Everytime I start Outlook it takes over as default for email and addresses even though I have that option unchecked in outlook, and in IE I set OE Express as default, yet each time I launch outlook it takes over as Default, any ideas TIA Wayne ...

need basic help setting up a graph
Hello, I am trying to set up a chart of days and times. The X- axis shoul have the days of the week (mon, tues, etc) and the Y - axis should hav various times of the day. I would like to have a line from on specific time on one day to another specific time on the next. So, point would be monday at 10:00 and the next would be tuesday at 1:00 followed by wednesday at 12:00, etc. Any suggestions?? Thanks fo your help Davi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi David, See my attachment. Is that the situation you explained? I use formula =IF(B2<0.5,B2+1,B2) in column ...

Set Left and Right Margins in Headers and Footers
How do I set the left and right margins in headers and footers in Excel Select, File, Page Setup and the Margins tab. Bob Flanagan Macro Systems http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and downloadable books on VB macros for Excel "Simon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAD168AF-D83F-418A-8A72-4C0C28E8A192@microsoft.com... > How do I set the left and right margins in headers and footers in Excel Thank you for your response While I can see that this sets the Vertical position (Top and Bottom) of the headers and footers it does not set the...

Coping Saw w/ 5 Pc Blade Set
Price:$5.99 Image: http://thediscountlocator.info/image.php?id=B0006UOV8G Best deal: http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B0006UOV8G Coping Saw w/ 5 Pc Blade Set Zinc plated steel body construction. 3 ½ Lacquered hardwood handle is small enough not to get in the way yet large enough to get a good grip. Very thin and compact design makes it easy to get into tight areas. 5 tempered blades: 1- medium for cutting woods, 1-fine for thick metal or hardwood, 1- extra fine for thin metal or thin woods, 2- hacksaw blades for all metals. Blades are easy to replace, just unscrew the ha...

Free/Busy data setting in OWA
We implemented Exchange 2003 and pushed a client setting to all users to extend the number of months available in free/busy to 12 months with a group policy. It works fine if everyone is using the outlook client when they are in the office. But, if a user works at home one day or goes to a conference and does anything that updates the free/busy data, the OWA overwrites the users free/busy data setting it back to 2 months of free/busy available. Where can I set the free/busy data number of months available, in OWA? Is it a policy setting? On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:54:01 -0800, SKS <sks...

Date Formula #3
I am having difficulty with the "NOW" formula. What I would like for it to do is when I enter a value in one cell have it update in another cell the date when the information was entered and that date stay permanenty. What I am having is the date changes to the current date everyday. Is this possible to do? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Todd You can do it with the change event of the worksheet This example will place the date/time in the B column if you change a cell in the range A1:A20. Place the code in the Sheet module Right click on a sheet tab and choose ...

Set a value on a form
I use the following code to open a form DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria Is there any way to pass data to the form (through the constructor) or to set the value of a label on the form Thank you, Samuel You can use the OpenArgs argument to pass a value to the new form, and then use the new form's Load event to read the value and put it into a control on itself. First step -- pass the value: DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria, , "ValueToPass" Second step - read the value and use it; this code goes with the Load event of the stDocName form: ...

Cannot use default SMTP Virtual Server
Hello All, I this problem since yesterday Actually I post this already and get some reply but that doesnt solve it. Again my problem is: I have newly setuo exhcange 2003 (SBS 2003) everythng works fine until I test for open relay (using telnet om port 25) and found that it was indeed open. So I check KB and follow intruction to allo only this IP block to relay mail 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 but when I try to telnet again the server on port 25 I cannot connecto it anymore. I restarted the service even the server itself but still I cannot connect to it. NOTE: I can connect with port...