Default Data Form

I have a basic worksheet for which I like to use the default data entr
form.   In other words it benefits from using a form but is just no
worth a lot of custom form making.

However while I do have an auto_open macro that moves to the first ne
row in the range after all existing records,  and then ends o
ShowDataForm.  But the default form always opens on the first record i
the list.

Is there a simple way to make the default form open on the row of th
active cell, , instead of at the top of the list ?

Thanks.

Doug Lon

Maybe something like this:

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()

    Dim nextRow As Long
    With Worksheets("sheet1")
        '.Select  'if you want to see the sheet???
        nextRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row + 1
        SendKeys "{DOWN " & nextRow - 2 & "}{TAB 3}"
        Application.DisplayAlerts = False
        .ShowDataForm
        Application.DisplayAlerts = True
    End With

End Sub

djlong3000 wrote:

> I have a basic worksheet for which I like to use the default data entry
> form.   In other words it benefits from using a form but is just not
> worth a lot of custom form making.
>
> However while I do have an auto_open macro that moves to the first new
> row in the range after all existing records,  and then ends on
> ShowDataForm.  But the default form always opens on the first record in
> the list.
>
> Is there a simple way to make the default form open on the row of the
> active cell, , instead of at the top of the list ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Doug Long
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
1/1/2004 7:48:01 PM
I use the following to have a form open to the next blank field....
SendKeys "%w"
Hope this can help.
Rob

"djlong3000" <djlong3000.zd87m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have a basic worksheet for which I like to use the default data entry
> form.   In other words it benefits from using a form but is just not
> worth a lot of custom form making.
>
> However while I do have an auto_open macro that moves to the first new
> row in the range after all existing records,  and then ends on
> ShowDataForm.  But the default form always opens on the first record in
> the list.
>
> Is there a simple way to make the default form open on the row of the
> active cell, , instead of at the top of the list ?
>

> Thanks.
>
> Doug Long
>

> ---

robnobel (213)
1/1/2004 11:33:31 PM
And it's probably safer just sending one keystroke than many.

(I stole my code from an example to open on the active row.)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Thanks for the help.   I tried both of these suggestions and I still
can't get the form to open with anything other than the first record.

Now, on the other hand, I may not have used your suggestions exactly
correctly, too.  But I think I did.

Here is what I have as the auto open macro:

ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Daily").Activate
Range("C2").Select
Selection.End(xlDown).Select
ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm

The sheet has a database of 15 columns, with a header row, and the
first two columns are dates and day of week.  So I go to C2 and select
down to the end of the rows that have records, and then down one more
row to the first empty line.

( This then is the point where I inserted the suggested SendKeys"%W",
in case that's not right.  I put it on the line before ShowDataForm.
)

When the data form appears, it ignores the active cell location and
just opens with the first record displaying in it.  (Row 2 of the
sheet)

Am I missing something here?   :confused:

Doug Long

---

Hi Doug,
I have it working like this in a Control Button and it works good for me.

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
SendKeys "%w"
Sheet10.ShowDataForm 'The sheet that has the data you want to apply the form
to.
End Sub

I can't quite understand why you're  needing to select the next empty cell
as the data form does that anyway.
I think I would just try...

SendKeys "%w"
Sheets("Daily").ShowDataForm
End Sub

Rob

"djlong3000 >" <<djlong3000.zlg5f@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Dave / Rob -
>
> Thanks for the help.   I tried both of these suggestions and I still
> can't get the form to open with anything other than the first record.
>
> Now, on the other hand, I may not have used your suggestions exactly
> correctly, too.  But I think I did.
>
> Here is what I have as the auto open macro:
>
> ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Daily").Activate
> Range("C2").Select
> Selection.End(xlDown).Select
> ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Range("A1").Select
> ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm
>
> The sheet has a database of 15 columns, with a header row, and the
> first two columns are dates and day of week.  So I go to C2 and select
> down to the end of the rows that have records, and then down one more
> row to the first empty line.
>
> ( This then is the point where I inserted the suggested SendKeys"%W",
> in case that's not right.  I put it on the line before ShowDataForm.
> )
>
> When the data form appears, it ignores the active cell location and
> just opens with the first record displaying in it.  (Row 2 of the
> sheet)
>
> Am I missing something here?   :confused:
>
> Doug Long
>

> ---

robnobel1 (59)
1/6/2004 9:05:49 AM
[COLOR=purple]
Hi, Rob -

thanks again for response (BTW- any idea why I don't get email
notice that there is a response to this post?  The option is
checked, and I even subscribed to the thread ...  :confused: )

Anyway:  I tried both these new suggestions and still no joy.

But interestingly enough, you said:
rob nobel wrote:
> *...
> I can't quite understand why you're  needing to select the next empty
> cell as the data form does that anyway.
> *
That is my problem:  I _don't_ get  that responnse as the
normal form action.  No matter what I do the form opens up on
the first  record - the first row under the field headers.

If I run just your macro, for example, not even selecting moving to
a new row with the active cell,etc, it still opens up with the first
record in the form.

This is a daily report log.  The first colum is the date, second is
the weekday of that date, and then there are colums for the data
that is logged each day.  I want it to go to the first blank record
so the form is opened to the current date.

Also odd, is that there isn't even a shortcut key to go to the last
record in a list.  Ctrl PgUp takes you to the top, but Ctrl PgDn
gives you a new record.  (A new record is appended after the list
I am working in, which has the dates of all 365 days in Col 1)

And BTW, this is the "default data form" not a custom one.  Hope
we're on the same page there.  Anyway, I'm stumped!
[/COLOR]

---

Rob's code worked ok for me, if excel could determine which row had headers.

If it stopped and yelled and said "...can't determine column Labels....", then
the sendkeys was eaten up.

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()
    SendKeys "%w"
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    With Worksheets("sheet1")
        .Range("a1").CurrentRegion.Name = "database"
        .ShowDataForm
    End With
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

Another problem that could occur is where excel looks for your data to use in
the data|form.

If there's not a range called Database or the table doesn't start in A1:B2, then
the macro will fail.

Here's an article that explains how the problem occurs in VBA (with solution)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q110462
XL: ShowDataForm Method Fails If Data Can't Be Found

Did any of this help?

"djlong3000 <" wrote:

> [COLOR=purple]
> Hi, Rob -
>
> thanks again for response (BTW- any idea why I don't get email
> notice that there is a response to this post?  The option is
> checked, and I even subscribed to the thread ...  :confused: )
>
> Anyway:  I tried both these new suggestions and still no joy.
>
> But interestingly enough, you said:
> rob nobel wrote:
> > *...
> > I can't quite understand why you're  needing to select the next empty
> > cell as the data form does that anyway.
> > *
> That is my problem:  I _don't_ get  that responnse as the
> normal form action.  No matter what I do the form opens up on
> the first  record - the first row under the field headers.
>
> If I run just your macro, for example, not even selecting moving to
> a new row with the active cell,etc, it still opens up with the first
> record in the form.
>
> This is a daily report log.  The first colum is the date, second is
> the weekday of that date, and then there are colums for the data
> that is logged each day.  I want it to go to the first blank record
> so the form is opened to the current date.
>
> Also odd, is that there isn't even a shortcut key to go to the last
> record in a list.  Ctrl PgUp takes you to the top, but Ctrl PgDn
> gives you a new record.  (A new record is appended after the list
> I am working in, which has the dates of all 365 days in Col 1)
>
> And BTW, this is the "default data form" not a custom one.  Hope
> we're on the same page there.  Anyway, I'm stumped!
> [/COLOR]
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
1/7/2004 12:04:28 AM
Fraid this is getting out of my league now, Doug.  But I'm sure Dave will be
able to help you further.
Rob

0
robnobel1 (59)
1/7/2004 1:59:44 AM
hahaha.  Good one.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Once again thanks loads for the help.

Dave:  yes I ran into that "-What- data range do you want a
a form for, bub?" message, myself.  But only if the active cell was
not in close enough proximimty to the list for Excel to be able to
guess.  My original macro was avoiding that by landing just one
row below the last record.

Anyway:  Yesterday I left Rob's SendKeys in the autoopen macro
by accident, and when I opened it this AM, sure enough I had a
blank form.  However, it was appending records _below_  the
whole range that comprises my list.

Hmmm.

Playing around with it, this is what I found:

My sheet had a first column with each date from 1 jan to 31 Dec
in it.  The second colum was a formula to show the weekday of
the date to the left.  Then the next bunch of colums was where
the daily log data went.

I set it up this way (with a line for each date) because I thought it
was needed in order to maintain the formula in the second column
For some reason, with the sheet set up that way, the form would
always open up with the first record of the list in it, as I said i
the
last post - even with the SendKeys in it, when I stepped through
it in the VB editor.

But today, it decided to open a completely blank form several
rows under the existing list. (!?)   So I deleted the blank rows and
closed and opened the book.  It now opened under the last row
of the list -but it showed the sedond field (column B) with no
space to  enter data - and when I appended the new record the
formula was copied down from the record above! -

So, I deleted all the rows with the pre-entered dates in Column A
and now it works prefectly:  the form opens up with a blank, new
record, but my formula copies forward.

Still no idea why it consistently opened up on the first record and
not a new record form before, but that's a different balrog in the
woodpile.

Thanks again for your help.  Turns out you had it right all along,
Rob.  I just had to help Excel append to an existing list, and
_not_ help it figure out I wanted that formula in each record
by pre-installing the formulas in column B.  It's a pretty smart
program, eh?

[now, as a parting request:
I still can't seem to get email noticed that there are new posts on
this thread - even with that option set to on and even with sub
scribing to the thread.  In fact, when I went to the User CP, it said
"no new posts to the thread" though you had both posted to it.
Sure would like to know what's up with that.]

But, even if I have to manually check in daily to look for any new
posts, it well worth the effort.  You guys are terrific.

Thanks again

I've had trouble when excel couldn't figure out which row held the headers for
each column.  Sometimes just bolding that row will enable excel to find the
correct row.

And I could confuse excel with formulas that evaluated to "" and converted to
values.

I've never used excelforum.com to post messages.  I think you'll have to ask
that at the site (or is that what User CP is??)

If you're going to hang around here for any time, you may want to connect
directly to the MS NewsServers.  I find them updated quicker (and easier to
use).

If you have Outlook Express installed, try clicking on these links (or copy and
paste into MSIE).

(You can always connect to more later)

Here are some links that explain it better:

Chip Pearson has some notes written by Leonard Meads at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DirectConnect.htm

David McRitchie's notes at:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlnews.htm
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/oe6.htm
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/oe6nws01.htm

Tushar Mehta's notes at:
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/misc_tutorials/oe_ng/index.htm

And if you're looking for old posts:

Or you can use google (maybe a few hours behind) to search for stuff you've
posted (and find the replies, too)

http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*Excel*&num=100

Ron de Bruin has an excel addin that you may like:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm

"djlong3000 <" wrote:

> Hi guys -
>
> Once again thanks loads for the help.
>
> Dave:  yes I ran into that "-What- data range do you want a
> a form for, bub?" message, myself.  But only if the active cell was
> not in close enough proximimty to the list for Excel to be able to
> guess.  My original macro was avoiding that by landing just one
> row below the last record.
>
> Anyway:  Yesterday I left Rob's SendKeys in the autoopen macro
> by accident, and when I opened it this AM, sure enough I had a
> blank form.  However, it was appending records _below_  the
> whole range that comprises my list.
>
> Hmmm.
>
> Playing around with it, this is what I found:
>
> My sheet had a first column with each date from 1 jan to 31 Dec
> in it.  The second colum was a formula to show the weekday of
> the date to the left.  Then the next bunch of colums was where
> the daily log data went.
>
> I set it up this way (with a line for each date) because I thought it
> was needed in order to maintain the formula in the second column
> For some reason, with the sheet set up that way, the form would
> always open up with the first record of the list in it, as I said in
> the
> last post - even with the SendKeys in it, when I stepped through
> it in the VB editor.
>
> But today, it decided to open a completely blank form several
> rows under the existing list. (!?)   So I deleted the blank rows and
> closed and opened the book.  It now opened under the last row
> of the list -but it showed the sedond field (column B) with no
> space to  enter data - and when I appended the new record the
> formula was copied down from the record above! -
>
> So, I deleted all the rows with the pre-entered dates in Column A
> and now it works prefectly:  the form opens up with a blank, new
> record, but my formula copies forward.
>
> Still no idea why it consistently opened up on the first record and
> not a new record form before, but that's a different balrog in the
> woodpile.
>
> Thanks again for your help.  Turns out you had it right all along,
> Rob.  I just had to help Excel append to an existing list, and
> _not_ help it figure out I wanted that formula in each record
> by pre-installing the formulas in column B.  It's a pretty smart
> program, eh?
>
> [now, as a parting request:
> I still can't seem to get email noticed that there are new posts on
> this thread - even with that option set to on and even with sub
> scribing to the thread.  In fact, when I went to the User CP, it said
> "no new posts to the thread" though you had both posted to it.
> Sure would like to know what's up with that.]
>
> But, even if I have to manually check in daily to look for any new
> posts, it well worth the effort.  You guys are terrific.
>
> Thanks again!
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
1/8/2004 12:11:37 AM
Yes, I like it's "simplicity" in operation as long as you don't confuse it.
I'm glad its doing its thing for you.
I've found too, that fiddling with VBA procedures and/or formulas that
sometimes you need to shut and reopen Excel down completely for the changes
to be incorporated correctly.  Don't ask me why!
I think, (as Dave has pointed out to me), is that Excel has a memory and
even though it's bigger than ours it can also get confused  ;)

Rob

"djlong3000 >" <<djlong3000.zobc0@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys -
>
> Once again thanks loads for the help.
>
> Dave:  yes I ran into that "-What- data range do you want a
> a form for, bub?" message, myself.  But only if the active cell was
> not in close enough proximimty to the list for Excel to be able to
> guess.  My original macro was avoiding that by landing just one
> row below the last record.
>
> Anyway:  Yesterday I left Rob's SendKeys in the autoopen macro
> by accident, and when I opened it this AM, sure enough I had a
> blank form.  However, it was appending records _below_  the
> whole range that comprises my list.
>
> Hmmm.
>
> Playing around with it, this is what I found:
>
> My sheet had a first column with each date from 1 jan to 31 Dec
> in it.  The second colum was a formula to show the weekday of
> the date to the left.  Then the next bunch of colums was where
> the daily log data went.
>
> I set it up this way (with a line for each date) because I thought it
> was needed in order to maintain the formula in the second column
> For some reason, with the sheet set up that way, the form would
> always open up with the first record of the list in it, as I said in
> the
> last post - even with the SendKeys in it, when I stepped through
> it in the VB editor.
>
> But today, it decided to open a completely blank form several
> rows under the existing list. (!?)   So I deleted the blank rows and
> closed and opened the book.  It now opened under the last row
> of the list -but it showed the sedond field (column B) with no
> space to  enter data - and when I appended the new record the
> formula was copied down from the record above! -
>
> So, I deleted all the rows with the pre-entered dates in Column A
> and now it works prefectly:  the form opens up with a blank, new
> record, but my formula copies forward.
>
> Still no idea why it consistently opened up on the first record and
> not a new record form before, but that's a different balrog in the
> woodpile.
>
> Thanks again for your help.  Turns out you had it right all along,
> Rob.  I just had to help Excel append to an existing list, and
> _not_ help it figure out I wanted that formula in each record
> by pre-installing the formulas in column B.  It's a pretty smart
> program, eh?
>
> [now, as a parting request:
> I still can't seem to get email noticed that there are new posts on
> this thread - even with that option set to on and even with sub
> scribing to the thread.  In fact, when I went to the User CP, it said
> "no new posts to the thread" though you had both posted to it.
> Sure would like to know what's up with that.]
>
> But, even if I have to manually check in daily to look for any new
> posts, it well worth the effort.  You guys are terrific.
>
> Thanks again!
>

> ---

robnobel1 (59)

Use Copied Outlook PST file as default...How?
If I copy a PST file on my PC, how can I configure my Laptop Outlook to use that copied file as its default. Is it possible to copy new Defined Views in Contacts from one computer to another. Dmahanay <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I copy a PST file on my PC, how can I configure my > Laptop Outlook to use that copied file as its default. Outlook version? > Is it possible to copy new Defined Views in Contacts from > one computer to another. I think views are registry items and not kept in the PST. -- Brian Tillman My outlook version is 2002. >--...

Hidden data when pasting from html page into Excel?
I have a situation where I copy a report, which is generated as an html page, into Excel for analysis. When a new copy/version of the report is available, I copy and paste the new data over top of the old in Excel. I've noticed that the size of my Excel file is growing after each copy/paste situation. To manage this, I can delete the worksheet where I paste the data and reconstruct it. After doing nothing else, saving the workbook results in an immediate reduction of file size. If I simply select everything on the sheet and delete, the file size does NOT go down; I have to delet...

Outlook 2002 and Retrieving Data Error Message
OS is Windows XP SP1 Email - Outlook 2002 SP3 Error Message: Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server <server name>. You can cancel the request or minimize this message to the Windows taskbar until Outlook closes the message automatically. Other Related Issues: At times, the message displays the correct server name and sometime it does not. At times, it displays the name of an active directory server. This only happens to workstations located in an remote office connecting to the exchange server via ADSL\VPN connection. We have one exchange 2003 server - public...

map data (x-y axis) with diffent series name
I have a set of x-y coordinate data set and i would like to plot them showing the respective series name. Is there an automatic way of doing this without haing to plot the data points separately. eg Name x y A 1 6 B 2 3 C 3 4 D 4 2 E 5 5 .. . . .. . . .. . . I will like to have a plot of x and y with A, B, C as series name without having to plot the points one after the other. Hi, Here are a couple of free addins that allow you to link data labels to cells. Rob Bovey's Char...

How do I add a detail section to the form?
I have found instructions on how to add a header/footer but can't find how to add a detail section. A form always has a detail section. It can have only one detail section. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "kjv77" wrote: > I have found instructions on how to add a header/footer but can't find how to > add a detail section. ...

Noob Question For Selecting Multiple Fields On A Form
Hello... In versions earlier than 2007 I would be able to go to the Menu Bar and click Edit -> Select All to select all fields on the form. Now, my question is... where in 2007 did the put that functionality? If Microsoft removed it from there... where did they recreate it? Thanks! Squirrel "SQLSQUIRREL" <SQLSQUIRREL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:333547A1-9C6A-422B-9CD5-97D79D6037DF@microsoft.com... > Hello... > > In versions earlier than 2007 I would be able to go to the Menu Bar and > click Edit -> Select All to se...

Separating Recipients with semicolon by default
How can I set up outlook 2007 to automatically separate email address with a semicolon instead of a comma by default? Where are you looking? Is this from a message you are composing or did you receive it? Outlook uses the semicolon separator by default and optionally supports a comma as well. Also take a look at your list operator settings in your Regional Settings; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/274 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www...

Case Form
Hi, What is the best way to capture both the Account and Contact on the Case form. We need to capture both when creating a case. Assuming you want to see the Parent Account, you have the "customer' lookup field and you can add the 'responsible contact' field to the form which will create a lookup to a contact. "Donna Edwards" wrote: > Hi, > > What is the best way to capture both the Account and Contact on the Case > form. We need to capture both when creating a case. Thanks Chad, greatly appreciated!! I overlooked that field. Donna "...

Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange Ser
Hi I keep getting a msg saying "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange" everytime i try and send a mail... the mail then gets stuck in my outbox. I still receive all email and this only happends over one particular broadband connection??? If i use dial up it works and if i go to some other broadband connection it works... any ideas? _VERITAS_ wrote: > Hi > I keep getting a msg saying "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from > the Microsoft Exchange" everytime i try and send a mail... the mail > then gets stuck in my outbox. I s...

Saving data #2
Hi all, I need to save data (results) from a base spread sheet program that i use on a weekly basis. i am in the middle of building this program, and have just discovered macros, but this, along with links is about my current knowledge of excel how can i automate to accumulate data from the base spread sheet (program) when i clear all data from the program to produce fresh results the following week, and to keep past data up to date and available for further use. Any help would be appreciated. legepe With a combination of formulas and dynamic named ranges, it is possible to just add the ...

Auto Filling fields in form
I am new at creating code and would like to have two fields populated when the record is reviewed. One is the user name and the other is the date reviewed. There is a form which contains the Member Name and ID number. I would like to add the two auto fill fields in the Parent form and have it fill in the subform fields for that particular member using a trigger of some sort. Any advice would be appreciated. Bev Access forms display data... Access tables store it. If you want to see data from a record in a table in your form, your controls in the form need to be poin...

Automating transfer of data in cells
I have a time management spreadsheet with data stored against work type and date. I need to transfer this data into a similar but more comprehensive spreadsheet and wonder whether it is possible to automate this task by using the work types and dates in a macro (I have almost 10 months of data to transfer), along the lines of check date, check worktype, where argument is true enter data from cell. I think I need to use visual basic, but I can't find out how in the help screens. Any advice is much appreciated. This is not difficult providing you keep your data in simple tables...

Publisher 07 Default Folder
I have Publisher 2007, how do I set the startup folder to something other than "MyDocuments"? I edited the properties and set the "Start-in Directory" to the desired one, but when I launch Publisher and attempt to open a file, it goes right back to "MyDocuments" Thanks Charliec ****************************************************** Charliec Change the name of the My Documents folder Do the following in these 2007 Microsoft Office system programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Access Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Save As. InfoPath, Project, Pub...

Word default paper size- networked user accounts
Word 2004- processors various, OS 10.5 How do I get Word to default to A4 (instead of US letter) for networked accounts? Hi Jeremy: The succinct answer to this is "By ensuring that your operating system locality preferences are set correctly before you install." Microsoft Office picks up all its global settings from the "Language and Text" system preferences in OS 10.6 (I think they were called something else in 10.5). If this has been done wrongly at installation, you need to set the System Preferences correctly and then delete the individual user's...

Get Access Data into Excel
Hi All, I am using excel macro to get data from access database. My sql query gives me 5 records or more than that. I am able to pull it different cells. But I want all the 5 results in single cell. Please help im not exactly sure what your trying to do, but maybe something like this will do the trick dim accval as string accval=rs!:XXX rs.movenext accval=accval & " " & rs!:xxx loop it till rs.eof=true hth dmoney "fi.or.jp.de" wrote: > Hi All, > > I am using excel macro to get data from access database. >...

Return the name of the object I click on in a form
Hi, How do I go about returning the name of an object on a form. For example if I set the "On Click" event procedure on a rectangle object to return: MsgBox Me.Name I get the form name. What I want to do is click on the object and be abe to reference it's properties such as Tag to run other code based in these values. As always any assistance is greatly appreciated. Regards, John Dumay For the name of the control try Screen.ActiveControl.Name For the control itself use Screen.ActiveControl -- AG Email: discussATadhdataDOTcom "John Dumay" <JohnDumay@dis...

Cut'n'Pasting data
Greetings ! I have a CSV data file wot looks something like this - "1529.17698720957","133.597550559965" "1685.21901149326","132.817184396522" "1900.00000000000","130.300887834893" "2193.34485206410","121.730777157435" "2363.17295960769","114.937652855693" "2523.01169878763","108.544103288496" "3240.77088467590","87.805735336415" "3590.69860622591","81.680775462264" "4229.19543928027","78.487652800160" This data i...

Slow when closing a form
Environment: 1. Front-End - MS Access 2003 2. Back-End - SQL Server 2005 3. OS - Windows XP I cannot understand why it takes a 5-7 seconds to close our Invoice form. The Invoice form has several data components in it that retrieves data. The code in the "Done" button of the form perform the following: a. Me.Requery b. Check other loaded forms "IsLoaded()" c. DoCmd.Close The form has also a code in the "Close" event which only checks for loaded forms again "IsLoaded()". Thanks, Ben "Ben" <pillars4@sbcglobal.net> wr...

How to access data buffers in a completion routine for a KMDF driv
I'm porting a WDM upper filter driver to KMDF version. I have two questions about data accessing in a completion routine. 1. In the completion routine of my WDM upper filter driver, it was able to retrieve data from Irp->AssociatedIrp.SystemBuffer( The IRP is using Method Neither I/O, and the data was set by function driver). How to do this for my KMDF driver? 2. In the completion routine of my WDM upper filter driver, it was able to retrieve data by calling MmGetSystemAddressForMdlSafe(Irp->MdlAddress, NormalPagePriority)( The IRP is using Method Neither I/O, and t...

Automatically moving data #4

Making sure data is saved on closing application
Hi, I have built myself the following application from 'Teach Yourself Visual C++ in 21 Days' chapter 'Day 14 - Retrieving Data from an ODBC Database' http://serghei.net/docs/programming/c++/ty%20visualC++6%2021%20days/ch14/ch14.htm The application lets you edit and add records to a database (as well as just retreive them). The application uses recordset flags in code to make sure that data is saved if you edit one record and move to another. However, there is no code to make sure new or edited data is saved when the application is exited. After having poked about, I have...

refer to data on multiple worksheets using hlookup/look up data on many worksheets?
Hi I have data on many worksheets in the same workbook. Is it possible to look up data on multiple worksheets using Hlookup, which means can the second argument in the formula refer to multiple sources? If it is not possible, is there any other way I can do so? I would like to select and display data according to a fixed order, whereby the data is located in one of many worksheets in the same workbook. For eg, I have stock returns of many firms in many worksheets. Say I would like to display in a single worksheet the returns of Firm D, Firm Z, Firm R; whereby the data of these 3 fir...

2003 Keeps the default workbook open
When I start Excel, it starts up with a blank workbook. If I immediately open a saved file, it closes the blank workbook... All good... except mine has stopped closing the blank one. So I always end up with 2 workbooks open, the one I opened and a blank one that I'm not interested in! Is this a setting? if so where? Can I fix it? thanks... M Did you or someone create a default workbook (ie, Book.xltx or Book.xltm) and save it in "C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART"? On 5/9/2010 4:17 AM, Michelle wrote: > When I start...

Cannot view http://sitename only http://sitename/default.aspx
We recently installed SharePoint services 3.0 and many of our existing sites and links no longer work. If I or any user browses to http://servername the page will time out with a 404 error. If I type in http://servername/default.aspx it works no problem. This is the same for every site on my server as well as any old links. Any ideas would be appreciated. Would love to help but a bit unsure of what you are saying here. Did you have standard websites on the server prior to SharePoint and now these are no longer working because you installed SharePoint on the box? -- Dan...