dates in excel #2

hi all
need help with the date function
this is the situation
i use excel daily to create a report. as this report is
printed out i just save changes made.
except at the weekend when i also make backups so that my
boss can send the report by email on monday mornings.
in the report we use the NOW function to display the date.
when we used to open the backups the date never used to
change ie if saturdays backup was opened on monday morning
it used to still display saturdays date.
now for some reason the date is automatically updating.
anybody know how to prevent this happening
0
anonymous (74722)

You probably had the Manual checkbox checked in
Tools/Options/Calculation.

In article <036301c395e9$a53a3600$a401280a@phx.gbl>,
 "pentex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> hi all
> need help with the date function
> this is the situation
> i use excel daily to create a report. as this report is
> printed out i just save changes made.
> except at the weekend when i also make backups so that my
> boss can send the report by email on monday mornings.
> in the report we use the NOW function to display the date.
> when we used to open the backups the date never used to
> change ie if saturdays backup was opened on monday morning
> it used to still display saturdays date.
> now for some reason the date is automatically updating.
> anybody know how to prevent this happening
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)