dATES IN BOXES

hi All:

THis is just killing me;  why is it that when I enter in a
number into my spreadsheet the it comes up with month
attached.  For examply when I enter in the number 4 it
populates the field with 4-Jan.  Please help this is just
a real pain in  the asss
0
MMCFADDEN (1)

Mark,

Does this happen in every cell or just a few.  The formatting of
the cell is probably set to a date format.  Select the problematic
cells, go to the Format menu, choose Cells, then the Number tab,
and choose General.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"mARK" <MMCFADDEN@AMR-EMS.COM> wrote in message
> hi All:
>
> THis is just killing me;  why is it that when I enter in a
> number into my spreadsheet the it comes up with month
> attached.  For examply when I enter in the number 4 it
> populates the field with 4-Jan.  Please help this is just
> a real pain in  the asss

0
chip1 (1821)
7/21/2003 3:49:30 PM
I've only got one cell for the week number in the spreed
sheet. Like I said that it worked correctly for a few
years in Windows95. Now it doesn't but now I'm using XP
Pro.

I've tried what you said but it still does not work I get
the same error #NAME?

Mark Maiden

How do you automatically record a revision date
Hi, Whenever a worksheet is revised I need to automatically record a new revision date. The next time the worksheet is edited a new date automatically replaces the old date. Thanks for the help, jerry And that's a bad thing?? I don't get the picture. Ideally what you want is a column of revision dates?? It seems that what you want to do is to show the most recent revision date if it's recorded in only one place. What good is an old revision date. As you can see I just don't understand. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >Whenever a worksheet is revised I need to a...

Microsoft Rich Text Box registration
I�m trying to insert a Microsoft Rich Text Box control (RICHTX32.OCX) on an Excel user form. It does it once, but on the second time Excel uninstalls it and posts a �The subject is not trusted for the specified action.� My security level is low and I have checked the Trust all installed add-ins and templates. I am baffled! -- raypayette ------------------------------------------------------------------------ raypayette's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29569 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496799 ...

Update Promised Date on Item Quantities Maintenance
I don't know why, but when the Promised Date is changed on a Purchase Order, the Promised Date displayed on the Item Quantities Maintenance screen does not get updated. This date is important for our salespeople to see to let customers know when we are expecting certain items in, and it should always be up to date. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the sug...

Counting Distinct Dates with Criteria
I need to count the number of days that correspond to two other criteria. The following formula will count the distinct number of dates: =SUMPRODUCT(--(B605:B3000<>"")/COUNTIF(B605:B3000,B605:B3000&"")) But if I put that into a formula like the following it doesn't do what I want: =SUMPRODUCT(--(H605:H3000=B9),--(G605:G3000=C9),--(B605:B3000<>"")/COUNTIF(B605:B3000,B605:B3000&"")) 10/17 ven x 10/17 ven x 10/18 ven y 10/19 ven z 10/19 ven x 10/20 ven x 10/20 ven x 10/20 ven x 10/20 ven z Here'...

Q: date convert
Hello, How can I convert the date with the format YYYYMMDD to MM/DD/YYYY with a formula? Thanks, Hi With date in A1 =DATE(LEFT(A1,4),MID(A1,5,2),RIGHT(A1,2)) and format in any valid date format -- Arvi Laanemets ( My real mail address: arvil<at>tarkon.ee ) "JIM.H." <JIMH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B26BAFEA-7815-4504-9CDC-1BBA2789D2FF@microsoft.com... > Hello, > How can I convert the date with the format YYYYMMDD to MM/DD/YYYY with a > formula? > Thanks, > Hi Jim Try =MID(A1,5,2)&"/"&LEFT(A1,4)&"...

Can Excel notify me when a date is due?
I am currently setting up an Excel spreadsheet to calculate dates, and I was wondering whether Excel could notify me somehow 2 days before a date I have calculated, or to somehow flash up that the date is due. Does anyone know how to do this, or would I somehow have-to transfer the dates I have calculated in Excel into Outlook? Hi Claire Use a helper cell with A1-2 and use that cell in the change event Try this http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/change.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Claire Chandler" <Claire Chandler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

How do I stop today() from updating date on saved spreadsheets?
I have a template that automatically populates the date field with the current date when opened, using today(). Users then Save As to have an archive copy of their spreadsheet. However, when they go back to access their saved sheet, the date changes from the created date to the current date. How do I stop this in Excel? I know that Word lets you do this by changing the code from {DATE} to {CREATEDATE}, but I can't find a similar setting in Excel. Please help and thank you! have it do range("a1")=date -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "lionmark&...

Exchange 2k to 2K3 on same box but clean install
I am tasked with upgrading our Exchange server from 2000 to 2003. I just got AD upgraded to 2003 so I have the environment ready. I am not getting any new hardware for this upgrade. But I also want to do a clean install of the OS and Exchange just in case there are dormant viruses/spyware/whatever. My thinking was to somehow export the mailbox stores. Blow away the email server, then rebuild it with Win 2003 and Exchange 2003. Then import the database. Is this possible? Is there a better way? If you want to start fresh with clean Exchange databases then yes that is the way to g...

Questions on combo boxes and list boxes.
Combination boxes allow editing or data entry correct? List do not - correct? I need to be able to edit the table that I get my list information from is that possible? Also when an item is chosen from the list - a particular product - I need the price of that product to be entered into the price column. I have found many one to many list but I just need to do a 1 for 1. Is the easiest way to set up a bunch of "IF" statements? I also need to know how to delete a combo box. I had one that was no problem to remove but I can't get rid of the other one. Marc you cant edit a d...

Formulas
I want the daily average to appear at the point when the date changes. Is there a way to do this? For example, lets say I want to use columns A, B, and C. A will obviously contain the date, B will contain the data, and C will contain the average up to (and including) the date it belongs to... Here is an example: 5 Oct | 50 6 Oct | 100 The above example shows columns A and B, and for C1 I want it to average only B1, which would be 50. For C2 I want it to average B2 and everything that occured before then, so B2 and B1 >> 50+100=150 / 2 = 75 (It found the av...

Excel file modification date
In Excel 2002 SP3 on Win XP, the workbook's file modification date changes to the current date and time as soon as the Excel workbook is opened, even if there are no changes applied to the file. If you close the workbook without changing any of its contents, the file modification date reverts back to the original value. Is there any way for the file modification date to remain unchanged until afte the Excel workbook has been modified? Does this behavior occur in newer versions of Excel? It has been that way for as long as I can remember and I don't think it's changed in XL20...

I need to add two text boxes from two different reports.
I am adding a value from one monthly report to another monthly report. I keep getting #name. Please help! "Shawna" <Shawna@discussions.microsoft.com> > I am adding a value from one monthly report to another monthly report. I > keep getting #name. Please help! Give us a few more details. What are you typing into your text boxes? You can't actually add up things in 2 different reports - reports are just ways of showing data - I'm guessing that you are really adding up things from a table. A common cause of the #name error is when you are trying to refer to a...

Combine Text Boxes
Hi I am using 2007. I have a a form that is based on a table. We import into the table data from excel file In the table we have these fields that are relevant to my question. [DOB] [DOBDay] [DOBMn] [DobYr] When we import the data the following fields have data in them. [DOBDay] [DOBMn] [DobYr] What I would like to do is on the form that corresponds to this table is when the form is opened the data in these fields, text boxes [DOBDay], [DOBMn],[DobYr] are combined in the text box [DOB] and stored in the field [DOB]. I have tried this in various places as wel...

condition format based on lapsed dates
I want to format a group of cell based on days old. The days is based on the "value" in cell I8 =Now() and cell J10 (j11,j12...) on is the submission date. Therefore number of days that has passed is in cell I10 (i11,i12...) =$I$8-J10" in the cell, this is the number of days that has lapsed. So if 90 days has passed I want to grey out cells k5,l5,m5, and n5. I am unable to get this to work, what do I need to do to make this work? I am assuming that the value is not showing correctly in the formula portion of the conditional format: if cell(I10)>= 90 then [grey out cell...

Finding most recent date for each customer
I have a simple list, the left column is the customer number, the right column is the date of every sale made to the customer. I need to filter this list to show the most recent date only for each customer. The list has many hundreds of customer numbers with between 1 and 200 dates per customer. There are no blanks in the list eg. 1234 25/10/2009 1234 26/10/2009 1234 03/03/2010 1356 23/12/2009 1356 25/04/2010 1999 06/02/2009 2157 09/05/2009 2157 10/06/2009 2157 25/11/2009 2157 23/04/2010 result would be 1234 03/03/2010 1356 25/04/2010 1999 06/02/2009...

actual posting date payables management
They would like to have the ability to view the system date/actual date when the payables transaction was posted. Currently the 2 posting dates in the PM20000 is not the actual date. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolu...

pasting text into a text box
For some reason I am unable to paste text into a chart text box, (with excel 2007). Is there a trick to this? Gary K. Five minutes with Excel 2007 show that there is no obvious way to paste copied text into the embedded text box. Aren't you glad you upgraded? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Gklass" <gmklass@ilstu.edu> wrote in message news:1180231963.336906.112430@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > For some reason I am unable to paste text into a chart ...

List box and command button to display results in new form
I am missing something. In Access 2003 I never had this problem, but now I am using 2007. In a form I would create a list box that would display one column from a table. Then I would create a command button using the button wizard that would then open a form which would only display certain records, then I would link the list box to the appropriate column in the table and it would display the correct results according to what was selected in the list box. In 2007 I can not link the listbox to the appropriate column in the table in the wizard. Am I missing something when I create t...

Save As Box Appears When I Hit the = sign!
Every single time I try to use the = sign in Excel 2003 to enter a formula the save as box appears. It is super annoying and I have no idea why this is happening. I even removed Excel and reinstalled it and it still does the same thing. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated, thank you. It sounds as though you have a modified sendkey! look in your VBA project for sendkey{=} or something like that. -- Simon Lloyd Regards, Simon Lloyd 'The Code Cage' (http://www.thecodecage.com) ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Si...

Divide a a range of dates into intervals starting with the current date or the latest date in the range of dates
Could someone please advise if the following is possible. I have a table of dates not all dates are represented. I would like to group these dates into regular intervals, perhaps using the GROUP BY statement. For example the table may hold 1 year of dates, there may be multiple dates for the one day and there may be in some cases no entry for a particular day. The interval must always start from the current date, the interval may be say 20 days. The idea is to divide the data into 20 intervals from the date the query is run and then count up the entries if the date falls into ...

vba input box with restriction on what can be entered.
In an XL2003 spreadsheet I have the following code which places a number in cell... Sub DecimalSelect() Dim answer As Variant Dim result As Long answer = Application.InputBox("Enter 2 or 3 for the number of Decimals." & vbCrLf & "Your MUST be2 or 3.", "Get Number", Type:=1) If TypeName(answer) = "Boolean" Then Exit Sub ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="time" Range("R9") = answer ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True _ , AllowFormattingCells:=True, Password:="time" The...

Export the quote date to a Word document.
Hi. After composing a Quote, users wants to "export" the data in a Ms Word document, merging the quote data with the company pre-formated Quotes Form. In the word document users wants data form the quote record (ie the Customer Address) and data form the quote/product record (ie quote item, quantity and price). What is the correct path to offer this (common required) function ? I am looking for a "stupit user friendly" solution, please don't answer "go to report --> quote -> Apply a filter based on the quote name" or so on. Please don't answer &l...

Colour formatting rows having dates in a particular Column
Please, is there a way that one can have a whole Row highlighted when a Cell (with a date) is filled in? I have various situations where I need to have the Rows highlighted (for example: 1. When a Contract is signed (Green), 2. When a Report is received (Blue), 3. When an invoice is paid (Yellow). Appreciate your advice Friendly yours, Prav Hi Prabha You can use conditional formatting http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html If you need more help post back -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Prabha" <Prabha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

How do I prepare a template with default line thickness for boxes?
I am using Publisher2000. I have designed a template with some text formatting attributes. Now I want to include a default “thin line thickness” when I use the drawing tool for drawing a rectangle on the page. Regards Jorgen From Help 1. On the Objects toolbar, click the tool that creates the type of frame or object you want to set the default formats for. Do not create an object at this point; just click the tool and go on to step 2. 2. Choose the commands, dialog box options, or toolbar buttons for the formatting you want. Now each time you use this tool in the current publication, th...

enable lookup combo box to query a key field of table and populate
I create a combo box in a Form which query a table and get the queried result key value but I don't know how I can populate the whole record based on that key value on this Form. e.g. When I select a surname in combo box in a form, the whole record in a table is not populated on the text boxes which I create in the Form. I don't why these text boxes do not update with the values in the table as soon as I choose the selected value in combo box. Any idea. how can this be achieved? Chu888 wrote: > I create a combo box in a Form which query a table and get the > queried r...