dATES IN BOXES

hi All:

THis is just killing me;  why is it that when I enter in a
number into my spreadsheet the it comes up with month
attached.  For examply when I enter in the number 4 it
populates the field with 4-Jan.  Please help this is just
a real pain in  the asss
0
MMCFADDEN (1)

Mark,

Does this happen in every cell or just a few.  The formatting of
the cell is probably set to a date format.  Select the problematic
cells, go to the Format menu, choose Cells, then the Number tab,
and choose General.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"mARK" <MMCFADDEN@AMR-EMS.COM> wrote in message
> hi All:
>
> THis is just killing me;  why is it that when I enter in a
> number into my spreadsheet the it comes up with month
> attached.  For examply when I enter in the number 4 it
> populates the field with 4-Jan.  Please help this is just
> a real pain in  the asss

0
chip1 (1821)
7/21/2003 3:49:30 PM
I've only got one cell for the week number in the spreed
sheet. Like I said that it worked correctly for a few
years in Windows95. Now it doesn't but now I'm using XP
Pro.

I've tried what you said but it still does not work I get
the same error #NAME?

Mark Maiden

IE8 Instant search box
Hi All I finally succumbed to the temptation to download IE8. I have spent the last 3/4 of an hour trying to regain control of my browser :-) I have switched off all accelerators and all that other stuff - even figured out how to stop the browser popping up the accelerator icon EVEN though I'd switched them off . . . I am happy to use the instant search box. (It's in a convenient place...). I DO NOT WANT any kind of suggestion from IE8 about what I'm looking for. I KNOW what I'm looking for - and the computer hasn't got a clue . . . So managed to sw...

Problem with Date Manipulation
Okay.. Im not a kid, 36, been working with excel for years & last year did up to intermediate courses in Access. However, that being said because you guys are very keen in here, so I dont want to sound stupid, whilst my understanding on alot of excel is generally on the layman terms! Heres my problem. Im making a simple spreadsheet. I have a widget that enters my facility on one date, it then exits another. I know by setting up EXIT - ENTER = DAYS I have my duration in the facility. BUT---> I dont want the weekends to count as days! Material arrives every weekday & exits the...

Need an unbound text box and command button (Search)
I need to create an unbound text box with a command button (Search) on my form which will enable the user to find the current record for a space no. I would like the user to only have to type in the space no. My fields are: SpaceNo Current "Yes" I am not experienced at writing code. Thanks so much. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200911/1 On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 23:09:36 GMT, "Uschi via AccessMonster.com" <u25116@uwe> wrote: If you don't write code, it may be easier to instruc...

Want Input boxes to accept unicode strings on Standard Windows XP
I have a MFC application that is currently built with MBCS mode. If I run the program on a Chinese OS (Windows XP), the input boxes (Edit Controls) can accept Chinese chars and display correctly. If I run it on a standard English XP, the input boxes won't accept Chinese chars (display as "????") -- please note that I have already installed CKJ on the system and IE and Outlook can display Chinese correctly. Is this just because of different MFC libraries used for the application? Can I force the application running on Standard XP to use the unicode libraries so ...

Calculating totals by month from whole date
I'm trying to figure out the proper calculation to pull totals by dat in Excel. Here's my problem: I have a workbook with 2 worksheets; one is the main data, the other i the statistics from the main data. Within the main data, there is column titled "date paid" and another column titled "total paid" (ther are a bunch more columns, but they don't matter for this problem). Th "date paid" column will contain dates such as 1/1/04, 5/15/04 etc. O the stats page, I have columns titled for each month of the year an would like each to include how much was pa...

Does Multi-Field Index Work For Date/Time Values Only
I created a MS-Access DB table with the following 3 columns: ColID - PRIMARY KEY Col1 - Number Col2 - Date/Time Next I created a multi-field index using Col1 & Col2. I entered the following row in the 1st row: 1 5/10/2007 Next when I tried to add the above row again, as expected, I wasn't allowed to enter the same row. Next I entered the following 2 rows: 1 5/11/2007 2 5/10/2007 Both the rows were accepted. After this I deleted the 3 records, went back to the design view & changed the data type of Col2 from Date/Time to Number keeping the multi-field index...

Selecting Text Box
Is there a keyboard command that one can use with the mouse to select the text box (frame) rather than trigger the Edit Text mode? When there are many objects on the page, getting the mouse to click on the right frame can be a real problem. But if the cursor is in the right box, some keyboard command (with or without the mouse) should help select the right object. Thanks! ...

converting dates
Hi All I have a couple of excel problems to do with dates (Excel XP/2002). I have a formula that displays one date minus another and displays the answer as the number of days. Firstly, is it possible to convert the data to display as year and days (375 displays as 1 year and 10 days) as it displays as a decimal point when I divide by 365. Secondly does anyone know a formula that sorts out leap years (see above). Any help, suggestions or tutorial links greatly appreciated Rexmann As long as you assume 1 year is always 365 days =INT(A1/365)&" year(s) "&MOD(A1,365)&&q...

Can I display the current date in a text box?
I know how to display the current date in a cell, but can I display it in a text box? And how would I do that? You would have to have some code to load it, such as Textbox1.Text = Format(Date,"dd mmm yyyy") or link the texbox to a cell with the formula =TODAY() -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "stephiebrady" <stephiebrady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C78C4C78-C12C-4A8F-9121-E377ACAE3B5B@microsoft.com... > I know how to display the current date in a cell, but can I display it in a > text box? And ...

Use Datedif but for future dates
I have a formula for identifying years, months, days from a past date to now. DATEDIF(C6,NOW(),"y")&" Y, "& DATEDIF(C6,NOW(),"ym")& " M, " & DATEDIF(C6,NOW(),"md") & " D" I'd like a formula that can produce the same format (years, months, days) between now and a future date. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Bart Hi Bart Try this with the date in A2 =IF(TODAY()<=A2,DATEDIF(TODAY(),A2,"Y") & " y " & DATEDIF(TODAY(),A2,"ym") & " m","-"&...

Advanced Find should let me search records between two dates
When searching the system for records, many times I need to search for records that came in between two dates. For instance, I would like to be able to pull all records input in CRM between March 1 and March 15. In 3.0 you can only query specific dates like "Last X days," "Last X Months," "On," "On or After," etc., but you cannot search the date fields between two dates. The functionality was available in 1.2 but is not available in 3.0. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the...

Sort search results by date
It would be nice if i could sort my search results in this forum by date. I would like to see my most recent questions at the top. -- Sheri Salomone THANKS! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroup...

check boxes
I downloaded and worked on a template on someone elses computer using check boxes. I sent that template to my laptop to complete working on the template and the check boxes now show up like this: {form check box} How do I get this to go back to a check box? Hi JOLOJO58, Simple: Press Alt-F9 to toggle the field code view. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "JOLOJO58" <JOLOJO58@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C83A55C-B768-43BE-A171-762EEA78DEAC@microsoft.com... >I downloaded and worked on a template on someone elses computer...

Auto insert of date
I'm trying to input some datas using preparedStatement and among those coiumns one column is of type "smalldatetime" i wish to input the current date and time at which i execute this query, how can i achieve this in JDBC or what is the sql query for this. I'm not sure if we're talking JET SQL or T-SQL or something else here? In JET SQL you want the Date() function, something like ... INSERT INTO Table1 ( TestDate ) SELECT Date() AS Expr1; If you're using T-SQL you want the GETDATE() function, something like ... INSERT INTO dbo.Table1 (Test...

Combo box #18
Hi I'd like to have a drop-down list in one cell and based on the selection in this cell, there needs to be another list of drop downs in an adjacent cell. How do i do this? Eg - first cell would have drop down - A, B , C If A is selected, the drop-down needed in anotehr cell is AA, AB, AC, AD. And if B is selected, the second cell should drop down BA, BB, BC, BD. Pls help. thanks > I'd like to have a drop-down list in one cell and based on > the selection in this cell, there needs to be another list > of drop downs in an adjacent cell. How do i do this? See here h...

Access 2007-Table not displaying the values from a combo box
I have built a database to schedule senior/disabled transportation appointments. I have created two tables and associated forms for data entry. I placed a combo box in the Schedule form so end users choose a client and fields complete on the form with client name, address, city, and home phone number. I did instruct Access to store the data in the SeniorIntakeID field in the Schedule table. I wrote a report that staff execute to see what is scheduled for a given date, for each driver. On the report I want to see the actual client's name, address, city, and home phone n...

Formating, paragraph marks, boxes etc, how do I get rid of them?
One day I opened up excel and it had all these marks for formating in my form. This also happened in word. How do I get rid of them? Josh: In Word, paragraph marks can be turned on/off by clicking the paragraph icon (looks like a capital P but with two, vertical strokes instead of one). I just finished wandering through Excel 2000 looking for the same icon and the only mention of the paragraph mark is related to object linking and embedding. I've also done a lot of forms in Excel and don't remember ever running into paragraph marks. Are you using OLE in the spreadsheet...

how do i subtract one date from another and get an age in years
i am trying to subtract a date of birth from today's date and get an age in years. Can anyone help me? http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "ucastores" <ucastores@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE331F27-C314-42D4-A390-9DA97E0E493D@microsoft.com... >i am trying to subtract a date of birth from today's date and get an age in > years. Can anyone help me? > Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm#Age -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ucastores" &l...

calculating dates #2
What formula do i use??? here is my problem... i have 3 columns A- Qty of days eg: 6, B-start date, eg: 10/12/07 C -end date, , (formula i am using, (colummn (C) =A+B+1 (copied down the column) this gives me an end date by adding A and B which i use in a gantt chart, eg; "but" some dates do not have a start date yet and the end result will read (C) 05/01/00, how can i get column (C) to remain blank until i put a start date in???? =IF(A1="","",A1+B1+1) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "spudpeeps" <spudpeeps@discussions.mic...

Formatting the Date in Excel
Is there any way in Excel that I can format the Date so I don't have to type any slashes between the month and day? In other words, I would like to be able to type in 0714 press "enter" and have excel recognize that this is 07/14/2005 without typing in 07/14. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Short of writing code, you could enter your numerics only date in cell A1, for instance: 07142005. Then in B1 write a formula: =mid(A1,1,2)&"/"&mid(A1,3,2)&"/"&left(A1,4) Then you could copy column B and paste as values into their req...

Using combo boxes
I am trying to use a combo box control to access a list of data. i am having problems 'pointing' the combo box to the list of data I would like to use. Where do I tell the box where to look ??? thanks PS I cannot use the 'forms' combo box as this has does not allow me to type in the combo box. Look at the Listfillrange property. On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 "Disco" <stuart_langan@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: >I am trying to use a combo box control to access a list of >data. >i am having problems 'pointing' the combo box to the list >of data I would l...

Date field behavior differs between forms
I have two forms with seemingly identical date fields. In one, if I place my cursor in the middle of it, the first number I type gets put in the far left of the field. In the field on the other form, if I place the cursor in the middle, it starts typing right where I am. Any ideas? I have thoroughly looked through the properties of each field and each form and I cannot find what is causing this behavior. I would love to get both of them to start placing typed characters at the far left instead of where the cursor is. Thanks! Check the Text Alignment property of both controls (not ...

2 queries, a date range and a report?!
I'm pretty much a novice access user, and am designing my DB with the frequent assistance of these forums. However I'm now trying to do something that I can't find any reference to - Can anyone advise? I have a report that is to be printed from a form using a print control button. The report consists of 2 queries which look up 2 different types of "item" by date range. I want to be able to prompt the user once for the start and end date. If I put a start/end request on both of the queries, then the user has to enter the dates twice, and when you choose...

Is date in between
I have a table 'tbl_scheduled_locations' with three fields 'sl_id','sl_date' and 'sl_loc' so basically the data is 1 12/01/2009 Detroit 2 12/05/2009 New York 3 12/17/2009 California Now I need to build a query that tells me the location based on a date. Therefore, if I used as a criteria 12/04/2009 it would return New York and if I used 12/07/2009 it would return California. How would I build such a query? Thank you, QB The easiest query to get the date would be SELECT TOP 1 SL_Date FROM tbl_scheduled_locations WHERE ...

Schema Manager
Hi Guys, I have added 2 fields in the Schema manager, both of type "Date & Time". After publishing the Customizations, i add these into the CRM, but cannot use them in the Workflow Manager? Does anyone know why? Rgds Jefferson Jefferson, Unfortunately, in CRM 1.2, NO dates (custom or otherwise) are available in the workflow manager. They are supposed to be in CRM 3.0. Sorry for the news, Dave ------------------------------------------------- David L. Carr, President Visionary Software Consulting, Inc. Main #: 971-327-6944 To download a fully functional trial version of V...