Date & Time file was last saved

Is there away to display in a cell the date & time the file was last saved?
I know you can do this in word but is it possible in Excel 2002?

0
John.Doe1 (116)

Here is an UDF

Function DocProps(prop As String)
    application.volatile
    On Error GoTo err_value
    DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties(prop)
    Exit Function
err_value:
    DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue)
End Function

Now you can use the following formula in one of your cells:
=DocProps("Last save time")

Obviously, the file has to have been saved.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"M.Siler" <John.Doe@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
> Is there away to display in a cell the date & time the file was last
saved?
> I know you can do this in word but is it possible in Excel 2002?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Refresh Excel file
After refreshing an Excel file, does the record stay at the one you were working on or does it go back to the first record of the file? This doesn't seem like an Excel question. Maybe you could explain what you're trying to do. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "excel dummy" <excel dummy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3007EE5-7CC7-45F7-B6E0-BCAB71199012@microsoft.com... | After refreshing an Excel file, does the record stay at the one you were | working on or does it go back to the first record of the file? ...

Time Formula #3
I have a two times (ex 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM) I want to figure out the number of hours from the start of one time to the end of the other time. What formula do I use? The formula is =[cell showing 5:30 PM]-[cell showing 8:30 AM]. Format the answer as 0.00 and the formula will show hours and fractions thereof (e.g. 4 1/2 hours will show as 4.50). "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3db001c4a662$2dd276b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I have a two times (ex 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM) I want to > figure out the number of hours from the start of one time...

Backup on file close
Is there any way to make Publisher create a backup copy of a file as you close it after making changes to a publication. I sometimes forget to 'save as' when I have revised a publication so when I close the orginal - which I intended to keep - it gets overwritten. I know it asks if you want to save changes, but I forget that I haven't actually 'saved as' under a new name! Word creates backups - for which I am grateful as I can then open them and re-save. I would suggest doing a Save As when you first start on your revisions rather than at the end. That way it&#...

BP Project Time and and Expense should have a settings page.
Currently in Project Time and Expense, the administrator must use SQL to manipulate PTE settings. A quick look at the PTE admin guide shows the following settings are controlled by manually altering the PmaTimesheetConfig or PmaExpenseConfig tables: 1. Displaying Department, Position, or Pay Code fields in the Task Detail dialog 2. Configuring whether to display a confirmation message when users delete line items on timesheets or expense reports 3. Enabling action notes so users can provide additional information on timesheets or expense reports It seems like we should have a...

Automatic Date in Word Document
I need to create a document that I will be sent as an attachment to an email. I want the document to automatically reflect the date the document was sent. I do want to open the document itself. How do I do this? Thank you. -- valerie The only dates that are available to you are 1. A date that you manually enter into the document 2. The date on which the document was created (by use of the { CREATEDATE } field 3. The date that the document was last saved (by use of the { SAVEDATE } field 4. The date upon which the document was printed ( by use of the { PRINTDATE...

Have free download for Excel for viewing files only.
I have received a file in an email and I cannot view it because I don't have Excel. PowerPoint has a free download so that you can view a presentation. If Excel had this same option, people would be able to view a spreadsheet sent to them for free. If that person wanted to make any changes to the file, THEN they would need to purchase Excel. You can download XL viewer from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN Watch for text wrap, Regards, "CJPrevette" <CJPrevette@discussions.microsoft.co...

Date Selection for Pivot Table
I build some pivot tables for our laboratuary. They contains daily analysis results. I want a solution to: 1-) User can enter week number and then daily analysis for that week appears day by day on a pivot table. Example: Input: 49 Output:29/11/2004---> 05/12/2004 on pivot table and regarding data 2-) User can enter month and than daily analysis for that month appears day by day on a pivot table. Example: Input 11 Output:01/11/2004--->30/11/2004 on pivot table and regarding data Thanks a lot ...

Date and Time setup
I work at a 24 hour job we take readings every hour. I want to have the date autofill a cell as the current date but our sheet changes at 0700 every day. So if the sheet is worked on at 0100 the date needs to be for the past day starting at 0700, if the time for the current day changes to 0800 the cell will display the new date. ie: 0100hrs = 4/18/06 0600hrs = 4/18/06 0800hrs = 4/19/06 etc... =TODAY()-(A1<=TIME(7,0,0))*1 HTH -- AP "Joe" <jdbarnes63@earthlink.net> a �crit dans le message de news:28db731403ef4144bf9b3800591a428e@ureader.com... > I work at a 24 ho...

application.getopenfilename to open a file saved on a server
How do I set the current drive if I wish to us application.getopenfilename to open a file if the folder I wish to vie is on a server -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ChDrive "C:\" -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "dovrox >" <<dovrox.1654sh@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:dovrox.1654sh@excelforum-nospam.com... > How do I set the current drive if I wish to use > application.getopenfilename to open a file if the folder I w...

Can't create file: FAX.TIF
I keep getting this error message when I try to open faxes that come down over our server. Here is the entire message. Can't create file: FAX.TIF. Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. I have checked the properties for the Inbox and for the Office Document Imaging and all of that is fine. We were able to open faxes fine, then one day a Smiley bar appeared in Outlook and then we were not able to open the faxes anymore. Also, I have removed Outlook and reinstalled. I hav...

DATE Formulas #2
Hello, I wrote last time: I want to know what I will get paid TODAY, THIS WEEK or by the MONTH. I don't know how to get the Day (C2),Week (D2) and Month.(E2). Thanks for those who helped. Now: I must add that if today is Thursday I need to know what I will get paid Thursday - Saturday for the week and from the 29th - 30th of the month. In other words for the week and Month calculations it must be going forward from the current day not for the entire week or month if that time has past. If the weekday is Tuesday then I need from Tuesday to Saturday. What formula can I use to accomplish this...

Debug Assertion Failed Message in afx.inl at line122 & afshtml.inl file at line 57
Hi, I am getting some Debug Assertion Failed in afx.inl at line 122 and in afxhtml.inl at line 57 Messages on PCs. If i do "Rebuild all" again on my PC then the code starts working. But it gives "Debug Assertion Failed message of afx.inl file at line 122" on other PC. And if i do "Rebuild All" on that second PC then it gives "Debug Assertion Failed message of afxhtml.inl file at line 57" on my PC. It is a debug build. If i take the exe and create a installer then also the installer works on many PCs but gives the message of afx.inl file. The afx.inl li...

Attach file in header
MS Access 2007. I am having users enter and update data in a split form. I would like to put an Excel Workbook file as an attachment that can be downloaded by users (so that they could populate that template with many rows of data instead of manually entering on Access form). I put an attachment field in the header and attached the file, but that only "stuck" on the record that I was on at the time. How can I make an external file always available for download? ...

Converting Publisher Files to PDF Format
When I try to convert Publisher files to PDF format I get a message that says "The size of the paper you have chosen is too small to show the printer markings", but when my commercial printing guy takes my same Publisher files and converts them, it works. What am I doing wrong. I've already talked to Adobe and they think that my Acrobat Distiller is set up properly. I have Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard, Windows XP Professional, Publisher 2003 and an IBM desktop with 260 gigabytes of memory ediejensen wrote: > When I try to convert Publisher files to PDF format I get a mess...

Changing how Excel INTERPRETS dates
Anybody know how to change the way Excel interprets dates? For the lif of me I can't remember. I don't just mean reformatting a cell. I mean if one would typ "8/11/04" Excel would read this as November 08, 2004 and not August 11 2004. Any hope would be much appreciated, Dav -- dgreenfiel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dgreenfield's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1629 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27689 Hi this is defined in your Windows - Region...

Saving #4
Can someone please tell me the reason that if you save a 97 version spreadsheet as an (for eg) 2000 version that you cannot open the file on a machine that has Office 97 installed. Please don't worry about being technical. Many thanks Andy If you just save as an xls file you should be able to use of both versions except for any 2000 features not supported on 97. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Andy Gee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ea8401c43d0a$0abf4110$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can someone please tell me the reason tha...

Enumerate open file handles of a process
Hello, Can someone please tell me how to enumerate all the open handles of a process. My objective is to write an application that monitors a process and if it acquires a handle to a particular file, I want to close that handle from my monitoring application. Thanks. Get Nebbitt's "Undocumented Windows 2000 API" joe On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 15:27:37 -0700, RedHawk <rajbhumagani@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Can someone please tell me how to enumerate all the open handles of a >process. >My objective is to write an application that monitors a process and i...

Size of files allowed with Outlook 2003
I am having trouble sending large attachments through outlook 2003. Is there a limit to the size you can send. I have one with about 24mb of info. It is stuck in the outbox. I saw how to go offline and delete it but I really don't want to because I scanned it all and don't want to do it again. How can I get this file to go through? Thank you. Pearl King Windows XP, Outlook 2003 Outlook is not in play here. Your mail provider is. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Pearl King" <paking@kc.rr.com> wrote in message news:eCH%23qfpSJHA.5268@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... &g...

Cannot download .pdf files in one webpage only
I've a paid subscription to a newspaper and have problems getting in and downloading subscription via .pdf. Before it used to work fine. I tried with Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer. It doesn't work in any of the two computers at home with any of those browsers. In the office with office computer it works but at home with office computer it doesn't work. I thought then it would be a problem with the connection. Checked first with the Newspaper, then with the Wireless router technical service and last with the internet provider and everything is fine. ...

Saving Outlook Email As Text File Extract
Hello Outlook Group: I'm normally an Access and Excel VBA programmer, but my client wants me to scrape the text from a select email address and insert it into an Access memo column. Does anyone know how to configure Outlook (VBA approach would be fine) so that when an email is received in a selected account, the message would also be extracted to a directory as a text file and then the Outlook message would be moved to some history folder. Once the text file exists in a predefined folder , I will just have Access periodically check the folder for files, grab the text, ...

saving new record in subform
The main form is frmCustomers, with a subform subfrmContacts. The subform has custom navigation buttons, cmdAddContact and cmdDeleteContact. On the subform, AllowAdditions = false. When the user clicks cmdAddContact, I set AllowAdditions = true. On the AfterInsert Event, I set the AllowAdditions back to false. If the user clicks cmdAddContact, then types in the info, then clicks cmdAddContact again, it says, "can't go to the specified record." If I click outside the subform, then back in the subform, I can add a record. I need a better solution! Thank you, Steve S...

cost of Inventory at a past date...? In RMS 2.0
Hi, Does anyone figured out a way of knowing what the invntory was on Dec 31 2009? I can't find a report that would give me that info. RMS 2.0 Thanks, Sacha This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0062_01CAF8F0.C2C6D310 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Sacha, Check with Ryan @ RITE rsakry@rite.us as they have a custom report. = www.rite.us --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w (Stolen from DRS) =3D...

WAV File not downloading properly
I have a application that stores a wav file into the database. I retrieve the wav file through a web service call that gets the file. When I try to send the file through the response stream it seems the file gets changed. If I save the file to disk it works properly. Here is my latest endeavor Response.ClearContent(); Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=" + "test.wav"); BinaryWriter bw = new BinaryWriter(Response.OutputStream); bw.Write(objPromptStorageOut.promptwave); bw.Close(); Response.ContentType = ATACUtility.getMim...

PST Files #3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C3E124.D010CCA0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0039_01C3E124.D010CCA0" ------=_NextPart_001_0039_01C3E124.D010CCA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I copied my pst files to the server. The n I upgraded my workstation from Win 98 to Win 2000. When I try to import my pst file, back to the workstation, it copies = over, but there is no data... Can someone tell me what is happening??? Charles L. Ph...

Sharing an excel file onto webserver?
MS Excel 2002 (SP2) Windows2000/XP/Linux webserver Hi Newbie question: Is it possible to put a spreadsheet up onto a webserver and have different members of our company (who are located in different cities[!]) each access the same file. Ideally it would lock itself if anyone was trying to do edit /update the spreadsheet, so as to stop anyone else from over-writing their content at the same time... - Is this possible... anyone tried it?! Ship Shiperton Henethe I have managed to get two PCs *reading* the same copy of an Excel (2002)...