Date Selection for Pivot Table

I build some pivot tables for our laboratuary. They contains daily analysis
results. I want a solution to:
1-) User can enter week number and then daily analysis for that week appears
day by day on a pivot table.
Example: Input: 49   Output:29/11/2004---> 05/12/2004 on pivot table and
regarding data
2-) User can enter month and than daily analysis for that month appears day
by day on a pivot table.
Example: Input 11     Output:01/11/2004--->30/11/2004 on pivot table and
regarding data
Thanks a lot
0
Emer (10)

Date Query: Select all items before 5/Sep/2007
I have a table look like this: ID Name Trade_Date Settle_Date 1 AA Company 20070903 20071005 2 BB Company 20070904 20070910 3 ABC Insitute 20070905 20070913 4 ST Shop 20070906 20071021 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My Question1: I need an SQL Qeury, to select all items where the Trade_date is greater 2007/Sep/05 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Question 2: Do i have to adjust the dat...

Selective Link to Picture
I want to show a linked (not embedded) picture based on entry in a cell. This way, I can keep the excel spreadsheet light. Any help? ...

CListCtrl selected higlight blue color
Hi, I have a clistctrl. I am selecting the first entry in the list control using the following: SetItemState(0, LVIS_SELECTED | LVIS_FOCUSED, LVIS_SELECTED | LVIS_FOCUSED); EnsureVisible(0, FALSE); The item gets highlighted but in grey color. But when I select first item in the list contrl using mouse, the item get highlighted using blue color. So wanted to know what setting I have to do go the blue color on item being selected using the above code. I have read the article at http://www.codeproject.com/KB/list/selectentirerow.aspx. Using OnDrawItem, I am getting the blue color but I need ...

Question about using SUM with a date criteria
Hello, I'm using the following array formula (Thank you again Macropod!) to add Sick/Vacation/Personal leave hours (as simple numbers) in cells that also contain text: =SUM(IF(ISERROR(VALUE(LEFT(B1:B4,FIND(" ",B1:B4)-1))),0,VALUE(LEFT(B1:B4,FIND(" ",B1:B4)-1)))) Is there a way to add a date criteria to this formula so that it will only add those hours as of the current date? In the spreadsheet, Column A contains dates. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Mike You should tell us more about what your data looks like Meanwhile look into SUMPRODUCT http://www.xl...

Get name and create date of files in a directory
Long time developer / total newbie @ C#. I want to retrieve a list of files AND the file create date and load them into an array for further processing… I found the following which works well Directory.GetFiles(sourceDir, "*.*" But I can’t find anything similar to file and file create dates. Do I need to retrieve the create dates one at a time (using foreach or for) based on the results of GetFiles? RJ wrote: > [...] Do I need > to retrieve the create dates one at a time (using foreach or for) based on > the results of GetFiles? Well, you'd n...

Due date and countdown for working days
I have been trying many differnent codes/expessions within a query to setup a database field [DTE_TO_SCH] that will provide a due date 10 working days from the date entered by the user in [DTE_IC_RECVD] field. I can get it to display 10 days from date entered but it includes the non-business days as well. I also need to provide a countdown as to how many working days a user has left until Due date; such as 5 days for remaining or -5 days for over. I guess this second problem would be easy to answer if i knew the answer for the first one. My biggest problem is formatting it for w...

How do make input date by "month/day" in Excel?
I want to input the date 9-Dec by "12/9" in Excel, however it shows 12-Sep. Please help to solve this problem. Try 9/12 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Ringo" <Ringo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F16BFD8F-0627-4D03-8C24-168916504FB9@microsoft.com... > I want to input the date 9-Dec by "12/9" in Excel, however it shows 12-Sep. > Please help to solve this problem. Or you could change your windows short date to look more like mm/dd/yyyy. But this will affect other programs, too. You can ...

Extract Date from line of text
Is there any way I can extract a date from a cell containing a line o text??? Eg: A1: "16-02-04-Received & Completed" How can I extract the date "16-02-04" & display it in Cell B1?? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if your date is always at the beginning of the string and always in the format "DD-MM-YY" try the following in B1 =LEFT(A1,8) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Is there any way I can extract a date from a cell containing a line of > text??? > > Eg: > A1: "16-02-04-Received & Completed&...

Pivot table #10
I wish to create a pivot table using four columns such as Category Gross GST Nett Phones $200.00 $25.00 $175.00 Vehicle $452.00 $52.01 $399.99 Wages $825.00 $825.00 I drag the category field to the "drop row fields here" area no problem, but the other 3 field options of Gross, GST and Nett do not seem to work when dropped in either of the column fields or data items boxes, what simple mistake am I making. Thanks for any help, Category should go into the row area, and...

Populate Text Box by Selection Dialog
I have a Field called StoredLocation, it will be the saved path of a drawing file. Instead of having the user type this value in, I would like the user to be able to select the file and have the field filled out automatically. How/Where do I start? Its not easy to do and will involve a LOT of code. If you still want to do it, you can probably find it documented via Google. "Thomas Maleski" wrote: > I have a Field called StoredLocation, it will be the saved path of a > drawing file. Instead of having the user type this value in, I would > like the user to be able to sel...

need help selecting a range in a macro
Hello Everyone. I need some help selecting a range. In my macro i'm trying to select a range.. for example..... Range("A2:A40").Select...... My question is how can i replace the A40 with a value that's in another cell. For example I have the value of 82 in cell F2. So I want to say Range("A2:A82").Select. Can this be done. Thanks. Aaron Aaron Russell wrote: > Hello Everyone. I need some help selecting a range. In my macro i'm trying > to select a range.. for example..... > Range("A2:A40").Select...... My question is how can i repla...

Pivot table group dates
I have a pivot table based on a medium sized set of data (5500 rows). In the left column of the pivot table I have regular dates wich gives me almost the same number of row in the pivot table. When I try to group the date field, I get the error message "Cannot group that selection". I have no blanks in the field of date. On some other similar pivot tables it work but for some reason not this one... What causes this and how do I get past it? Thanks in advance, RDW Do you have any text in that field? Are you sure the range you used to build the pivottable didn't go past wha...

Pivot chart or text box?
I am trying to create a form that will show a picture of a cylinder or something like that that has a specific length. There will be specific lenghts taken out of that (representing items being cut from it), or maybe just filling up that specific percentage of the cyliner. This is to optimize product and minimize waste. I would like my employees to just see the size of each thing they have to cut and a picture they can look at and show how many cuts will come out of one full part. I could use some code examples or maybe some data bases that might have some examples I could use as a referen...

Select list box entries in multiple rows?
I have an inventory spreadsheet that consists of several columns of information used to assess the condition of equipment. Each row represents an identified defect in a piece of equipment. In the column 'DefectType' I want to be able to pick from a list of standard defect types (e.g. broken, torn, bent, etc) for each row item. I could create a ListBox in the cell under DefectType column for each row, but that looks pretty ugly and I'd have to do that everytime I created a new row entry for each new defect found. It would be easier to type it, but then I might lose my ...

Rebuilding Table Indexes
I have a MS-Access database that has 20 tables. Each table has several indexes. Is there away to rebuild like SQL Server? Please help me with this task. You can use VBA code or DDL queries (just like in SQL-Server) to drop and recreate indexes. There is usually no advantage to that because compacting rewrites everything anyway. The only time it is really advantages to drop and rebuild indexes is when there are very large amounts of data to append to a table. Dropping the index allows the import to go much faster. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org...

Table View Contacts Gridline
I'm using Outlook 2003. My question is when I have a table view in Contacts and have specified I want a solid line for a gridline, it is so faint I can't hardly see it on the screen and when using it for a table print, it is very, very, very faint. Is there anyway to control the heaviness of the gridline? In earlier versions of Outlook, the gridline was quite heavy and printed very well. ...

Creating a select query using sql in VBA
I have one table called PRICING and 21 other tables that I link separately to this table to create a SELECT query. In other words, instead of creating 21 SELECT queries, I want to be able to use variables within VBA to change the table name that links to the pricing table (fileds within all 21 other tables are named exactly the same). I have been trying to create a VBA procedure to run the SQL statement to temporarily create the SELECT query. I undertsnad that that I can use the DoCmd.RunSQL function, but cannot get the SQL statement right. When I copy and paste the SQL st...

Find and delete text in a table
Hi all, I have a table say 10 columns long by 5 columns high. There may be text repeated sporadically throughout the table. As an example, if I decide that row 1 is "negative" then I want each text field (10 columns) in row one and all the text fields like them thoughout the table to be deleted. But, alas, I can't figure out how to do it. Any ideas? Thanks, Dave On Nov 18, 10:29=A0am, Dave <Dave.Bea...@lhsc.on.ca> wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a table say 10 columns long by 5 columns high. There may be > text repeated sporadically throughout the table. As an ...

How can I set month/quarter/annual date intervals
I have data collected on a daily basis (for work days) over several years, and I want to plot it on an X-Y plot versus date. I would like the monthly intervals showing on the scale to be like 1/1/04, 2/1/04, 3/1/04, etc. Similarly, for annual intervals, 1/1/03, 1/1/04, 1/1/05, etc. Excel just wants to put in the same number of days for the intervals. Any suggestions? It sounds like you are using an XY chart. For XY trend charts, I often run into the issue you are talking about frequently. I use a few formatting tricks: For my X Axis number format I double click the X axis to get Forma...

Pivot Table Wizard in 2007
I've recently started using Office 2007. I have 3 pivot tables that I need to update the data source each month. I was able to do this through the options page, however, 2 of the tables are swapping some data and I wanted to look at the wizard (that I'm familiar with) to see what the issue is, but I can't make it appear. Thanks, Jane N;703332 Wrote: > I've recently started using Office 2007. I have 3 pivot tables that I need > to update the data source each month. I was able to do this through the > options page, however, 2 of the tables are sw...

Excel retain data and date
I am developing a excel day planner I am using dropdown menus to select the day, month, and year how do I get it to piece day, month, and year how to I get it to do something like this Wedensday, 14 December 2005 and place that into another cell, and retain the data once it is populated. -- Robb =date(a1,b1,c1) =date(yearcell, monthcell, daycell) Give it a custom format of dddd, dd mmmm yyyy You may want to even check first: =if(count(a1,b1,c1)<3,"",date(a1,b1,c1)) Robb @ FLW wrote: > > I am developing a excel day planner I am using dropdown menus to select the &g...

Pivot link changes...why?
I have three pivot tables in a workbook, each on a different sheet. I linked two tables (A, B) to the third table (C), which is externally linked to a database; however, at some point, table (A)'s link to (C) breaks and it (A) relinks to the external source that (C) is linked to. What might be causing this link change? PS: I link (A) and (B) to (C) using the pivot wizard..."link to another pivot". ...

autocomplete tables
I know I am being dumb, and probably a little lazy, but it's too early in the morning for me. What are the tables that autocomplete stores it's information in? Thanks and I appreciate the help. Mike According to KB article 898982, the Autocomplete entries are stored in two files: AutoCmpl.dat and AutoCmpl.idx. You can view the contents with a text editor, but as far as I know you can't change them. They appear to be some sort of database file, but I don't know what kind. You can find them in the following location: Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Micros...

Word Table into Excel
When I copy a row of text (divided into a number of columns) from a wor table and paste in Excel - it copies down all information from acros the columns down into ONE column (col A) instead of across int seperate columns. Is there any way I can copy over details from table in word to cells into Excel without writing VB -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com you can create a table in Word that is the same size as the excel information that you are trying to move and then simply copy and paste (when pasting make sure that you highlight the entire table though.) >-----Origi...

Calculate date
Hi all, I have the following MyTable: ID SSN DATE the date is in the form of 4/10/1970. Month, Day Year. My question is it display the ID & SSN if date is older than 6 years. Here is my sql but I am not picking up all the records. SELECT ID, SSNI from MyTable: where MyTable.date < Date() - 3900 I came up with 3900 by multiplying 365(days) * 6(years). thanks in advance for all your input 365 * 6 = 2190. Instead, try SELECT ID, SSNI from MyTable: where MyTable.date < DateAdd("yyyy", -6, Date()) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/Do...