Date Reformating Question

This is actually a two part question.

First:  I have more than 650 birth dates arranged on a spreadsheet with the
birth months in column ‘G’, the birth day in  column ’H’ and the birth year
in column ‘I’, is there a way to combine the three columns into one column
eliminating the three separate columns?

Second:  I use this formula    =VLOOKUP(I3,Start!$B$21:$E$27,3,FALSE)    to
arrive at a result based on the year of the birth date (i.e. if cell I3
contained a ‘1996’ then the result would be ‘U16’).

How would I adjust this formula to handle the new date format in the first
part of this question?

This is part of the table from the “Start” work sheet:

 	B	C	D	E
21	1993	17	U18	N
22	1994	16	U18	N
23	1995	15	U16	Y
24	1996	14	U16	Y
25	1997	13	U14	Y
26	1998	12	U14	Y
27	1999	11	U12	Y

Thanks,
Kerry

In Cell J1
=DATE(I1,G1,H1)

=VLOOKUP(YEAR(J1),Start!$B$21:$E$27,3,FALSE)

--
Jacob

"Ksean" wrote:

> This is actually a two part question.
>
> First:  I have more than 650 birth dates arranged on a spreadsheet with the
> birth months in column ‘G’, the birth day in  column ’H’ and the birth year
> in column ‘I’, is there a way to combine the three columns into one column
> eliminating the three separate columns?
>
> Second:  I use this formula    =VLOOKUP(I3,Start!$B$21:$E$27,3,FALSE)    to
> arrive at a result based on the year of the birth date (i.e. if cell I3
> contained a ‘1996’ then the result would be ‘U16’).
>
> How would I adjust this formula to handle the new date format in the first
> part of this question?
>
> This is part of the table from the “Start” work sheet:
>
>  	B	C	D	E
> 21	1993	17	U18	N
> 22	1994	16	U18	N
> 23	1995	15	U16	Y
> 24	1996	14	U16	Y
> 25	1997	13	U14	Y
> 26	1998	12	U14	Y
> 27	1999	11	U12	Y
>
> Thanks,
> Kerry

Works awesome...Thanks!

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

> In Cell J1
> =DATE(I1,G1,H1)
>
> =VLOOKUP(YEAR(J1),Start!$B$21:$E$27,3,FALSE)
>
> --
> Jacob
>

> "Ksean" wrote:
>
> > This is actually a two part question.
> >
> > First:  I have more than 650 birth dates arranged on a spreadsheet with the
> > birth months in column ‘G’, the birth day in  column ’H’ and the birth year
> > in column ‘I’, is there a way to combine the three columns into one column
> > eliminating the three separate columns?
> >
> > Second:  I use this formula    =VLOOKUP(I3,Start!$B$21:$E$27,3,FALSE)    to
> > arrive at a result based on the year of the birth date (i.e. if cell I3
> > contained a ‘1996’ then the result would be ‘U16’).
> >
> > How would I adjust this formula to handle the new date format in the first
> > part of this question?
> >
> > This is part of the table from the “Start” work sheet:
> >
> >  	B	C	D	E
> > 21	1993	17	U18	N
> > 22	1994	16	U18	N
> > 23	1995	15	U16	Y
> > 24	1996	14	U16	Y
> > 25	1997	13	U14	Y
> > 26	1998	12	U14	Y
> > 27	1999	11	U12	Y
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kerry

If any cell in a range is blank question
Hello. I have two sheets in a workbook. One is a Summary sheet, and the next is titled "Bldg 5". What I am trying to make sure is that the range A1:K20 on the Bldg 5 sheet has had data entered to them (ie, they are not blank). The question that corresponds to Summary sheet A1 is "Has the data for Bldg 5 been updated?" If ANY blank in Bldg 5's range A1: K20, then put a "NO" in Summary A1's cell. If ALL of the Bldg 5 range had data in it, then put a "YES" in Summary A1. I also need A1 to update as data is entered into the Bldg 5 range (a...

pswd question
On XP pro sp3, if I start->run and type control userpasswords2 then hit enter I get a UserAccts window, I then click the Advanced Tab, I then go down to the center of the window to the AdvancedUserManagement heading and then look to the right and click the Advanced button, I get another window called LocalUsersAndGroups, if I then click Users->MyAcctName I finally get a window that called MyAcctName Properties, if I look down to the center I see a check box (that is checked) beside a heading that says, "password never expires". Ok.......now I go to ControlPanel(ClassicV...

Pivot Table question #4
Hi I have spreadsheets that take data via a pivot table from an OLAP cube that is held on a terminal server. The spreadsheets hold figures entered by me and figures obtain from the pivot table. I want to enable the automatic update on the pivot table but the pivot table is sorted by a project number obtained from the OLAP cube. My problem is if a new project is added to the OLAP cube then it is automatically selected from the drop down list. I want to be able to turn this off so that it only selects the project I have previously chosed. For example if I have selected the filter nu...

Remote Server Question
Right customer wants to acces his win2k8 server remotely. IT is using a generic printer from the server. At the office the printer is on a network. Terminal Services are being used to access the server remotely. What needs to be done to get said printer working? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee UK Time for a Common Sense change vote Liberal Democrat / Alliance Whether "at the o...

x-y Line Graph question
I have a line graph. X is dates and Y is numeric data. I am plotting 12/1/2005 through 1/30/2006. The problems is my series does not start at the "left most" point of 12/1/2005, it is shifted slightly. And the line does not end at the "right most" point of 1/30/2006. Any ideas will be appreciated. thanks! XL has two distinct chart types even though they look similar, the XY Scatter chart and the Line chart. There is no XY Line graph. I believe you have a Line graph. Double-click the x-axis and from the Scale tab uncheck the 'Value (Y) axis crosses betwe...

AD Computer object question
Hello, I have computer object within Active Directory for a specific server. Due to an issue, the link between the two has been broken. Is there any way to recreate the link without delete the AD object and join back the server into the domain? Thanks for your help, It's a really urgent matter, please help Dark Hello darkbol, Which kind of machine is it, Domain controller or member server or workstation? What is the exact error message? Did something happened before or is it just out of the blue? Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is pro...

GP Extender Tables Question (GP9)
I have created an Extender window with 3 Fields (let’s just say price 1, price 2, price 3). I can see where it got created in table EXT40100, field User_Defined_Prompts_1 etc and I can also see where the data is stored in EXT00103. What I don’t see is where the prompts from EXT40100 are in its own rows so that you can link them to EXT00103 for reporting purposes. I know I can hard code the flags to their proper values in Crystal or set up my own custom table to do it but I would have thought that Extender will have a table like that. Am I just not seeing it? -- Pieter The prompts ...

Question on Formats...
This ought to be quite simple to answer. Is it possible to format the contents of a combobox? On sheet1 I have text in cells A1 to A8 e.g A1 = John, A2 = Steve, A3 = Claire etc. I have a combobox on a chart that displays those names when I click the down arrow. The default is lower case, black lettering. Can I make the names appear in bold and green for example? I have tried modifying the original names but that makes no difference. If I right click the combobox and select <Format Control> I cannot see a way to format my data entries. Maybe you can't do it. And I want to ...

Date on Template
I created some templates and am choosing to bring over a date to be shown in the template when it is run. I have selected this attribute to be date only and not date & time. Every time I run the template it still shows date+time+time zone. Is there a way to show only the date and not the rest of the data. Thanks for any help anyone can provide. ...

Chart
Hello, I created a line column chart on 2 axis. I have four data sets. The first 3 should go on the primary Y axis as columns and the 4th should go on the secondary Y axis as a line. However, Excel wants to automatically put both the 3rd and 4th data sets on the secondary axis as lines. I cannot find any command to change the 3rd data set to go onto the primary axis as a column. Any suggestions would be most appreciated! -Patty On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:27:33 -0800, Patty = <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I created a line column chart on 2 ...

[more of a 'c' question really] Converting doubles to strings without getting scientific notation
Hello hello.. I'm using _gcvt in a dialog to display a double, but when it gets small the string appears in scientific notation ie 0.02 become 2e-02 Is there another conversion routine I can use to prevent this? I have a not terribly scientific customer who would prefer a straight forward decimal display. Thanks "Zardoz" <thing@thing.thing> wrote in message news:122lvvkvicks85nka58iugok64ba0plpem@4ax.com... > Hello hello.. > > > I'm using _gcvt in a dialog to display a double, but when it gets > small the string appears in scientific notation ...

CRM v3.0 Questions
Hello, Is the fuctionality to unshare multiple records available in v3.0. The 1.2 documentation shows this functionality but it seems to be missing from the actual product. When you re-assign a record in v1.2 the record maintains a share relationship with the prior owner. Does v3.0 function the same way. Are there any tricks (other than using SCRIBE) when importing new records to link multiple contacts to a single lead. Has any new flexibilty been added to the Microsoft record importer. Thanks, Ron In 3.0 if you go to the settings > Organization Settings > System Settings th...

Calculate Dates with If Then Else Statements
I need to calculate total years’ full time experience (i.e. 2.5 years, 3.25 years, etc.) in an Access 2003 database form. This is what I am trying to do: If the Full-Time End Date is Blank, use Today's Date, ELSE if the Full-Time End Date has a Date, use that Date. Separately, these two formulas work: =DateDiff("m",[FullTimeStartDate],Now())/12 =DateDiff("m",[FullTimeStartDate],[FullTimeEndDate])/12 My problem is writing a statement to calculate using the END DATE if one is entered, or NOW, if there is no end date. I have tried many combinations, but can’t ge...

OL 2003; Question about two default attachments in HTMLMessage Format
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C51E85.7F26CCA0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0010_01C51E85.7F26CCA0" ------=_NextPart_001_0010_01C51E85.7F26CCA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Outlook 2003, XPP SP2=20 Hello, When I send an e-mail message in HTML message format, the recipient = (even when I send to myself) also receives two default attachments, = image001.png and image002.png. The first image is a what I would guess a = Microsoft ...

Filter Date
Hi, I have a form which contains a listbox (holding the values Process Date and Quantity) and I have a textbox which displayed the current month. What I want to do is when I click on a command button (cmdMonthDown) and the textbox value changes from May to April I want the values in the listbox to be filtered so that only those values are disiplayed that were entered in April. If I'm not making sense please let me know otherwise your help would be appreciated. Thanks Reference the text box as a parameter in the list box's RowSourcee, e.g. if the text box shows the month name in fu...

Task start/end dates from MS project to Workspace site
We are currently running MSPS 2007 with WSS 3.0. I am trying to create a list in one of the project work spaces. I would like to auto-populate two columns in that list with the start and end date of certain tasks from the Project Plan in MS project. I am thinking we can do this by linking these columns to the the project SQL database fields. So, 1) Do I use the published SQL databse for this? 2) Which fields in the SQL database would I have to link to get the Start and End dates? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice AutoList in ASP.Net http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...

Date Format when incoming date can be 0
I have a date fiels yyyymmdd which can have a value of 0 or a valid date in recent past. Excel displays the 0 date as 01/01/1900 and the non zero dates as expected. Cant figure this out , any help would be appreciated. Excel uses a sequencial number from either 1/1/1900, or 1/1/1904 (depending on your options) as the date value for Example 6/3/2005 is 38506 using the 1/1/1900 if the cell is formatted as a date it is responding with the date it thinks you mean. If you want the cell to display a zero =if(Date=0,"0",date) "DP NY10601" wrote: > I have a date fiels y...

List of questions
Hi, I have some questions in outlook 2003, can anyone help me? 1-how can i in the appointment type a subject with special format (red, bold..) 2-whent a task is 100% completed, how can be deleted automatically. 3- I need to filter only the available time on a specific day. ex if i have 2 appointments today on a specific time, what i need to see is the available time for other new appointments. 4-If I have a lot of appointments on a specific date that are colored with labels and have a specific show time as (busy,tentative), when i go to print this calendar with the "calendar detai...

how to calculate the substraction between two dates
hi, i have two cells ,in which there are two dates. (for instance ,one cel l 08/02 ,the other 07/30) if the gap of the two dates is 2 days , something will be set to do. but it is difficult to judge the the substraction between two dates any good ideas. thanks Perhaps this might be of help .. Assume the *dates* "2-Aug-2004" and "30-Jul-2004" are input in A1 and B1, and A1:B1 is custom formatted as: mm/dd viz. it'll show as: In A1: 08/02 In B1: 07/30 Try in C1: =DAY(ABS(A1-B1))-1 Format C1 as: General or Number C1 will return: 2 i.e. the number of days...

Date Range
Hi, When I want the date rage appeared on the report header, I use textbox and put (qry criteria) in its recordsource. It works fine. However, For this time, I got a message like this ‘First([Between [From this date] And [To this date]])" Is there something wrong with the qry criteria? Would you please show me how to fix the problem? Thanks Chi It's very hard to understand the crtieria, can you post the full SQL What is the First in the beginning? Why there are to square brackes in the end And in the beinning? First([Between [From this date] And [To this date]])" T...

Rounding Up question
Hi, A1 has the ROUNDUP Function referenced to B1: ROUNDUP(B1,0). Example: B1 says: 6.2 A1 will roundup to 7. Perfect! This works 99% of the time. But in a special case B1 says 6.0 - A1 still rounds up to 7. I expanded B1 decimal places and found B1 in this case really says: 6.00044. Hence the reason for A1 rounding to 7. Is there anyway to tell the A1 ROUNDUP function to not round up when the first decimal place says zero? Or to only go out one decimal place when rounding up? Hope I worded my question that it can be understood. Thanx in advance, Amy. Hel...

Easy formula question
=IF(D4>D5:D6:D7:D8:D9:D10:D11:D12:D13:D14:D15:D16,"Leader","---") :confused: I am trying to get a cell to say the word Leader if cell D4 is greate than the other cells in the list or if D4 is not greater than the cell in the list to say --- but obviously I have the formula above wron because it is not working. Help ASAP please!!!! Thanks in advance for any help with this, Mik -- mikeee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikeeee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1461 View this thread: htt...

Treeview Control Question
Hello, I am using a treeview Control in a form that has a tab control. The treeview control is located on one of the tabs. When the form loads it populates the treeview control(has checkboxes enabled on treeview), bolds certain text based on the SQL table it's pulling from, and then checks any items that were checked last time the record was saved. The problem that I am having is that when I move to another tab and go back to it, all of the bolds and checks are gone. I've tried redoing the query on tab control and page click actions as well as trying to set focus on the treeview ...

Question about MFC source code.
Hi, all, I find that there are some redefinitions in afxHH.h. Something looks like this: #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E110 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E111 // aliases: MRU_2 - MRU_16 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E112 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E113 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E114 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E115 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E116 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E117 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FIL...

download the Credit Card transaction date not the the posting date
Then I download a statement from a Credit card and import it in to MS Money I always get the Posting Date not the Transaction date. Do I need another column in the register, help does not tell me how to do that? Or is the only solution changing each entry by hand? ( that doesn't make sense) This credit card offers downloads in either QIF or spreadsheet. In microsoft.public.money, riskymanr wrote: >Then I download a statement from a Credit card and import it in to MS Money I >always get the Posting Date not the Transaction date. Do you mean you first enter the transactions by...