Date query

Hi everyone,

Im trying to do a timesheet for a uni project but i am having grea
diffuclty with one thing!

The current coding meanms that when something is selected in A1, D
shows todays date (2ndJune) which is what i want.

The problem is that the next day(3rd) when i then say select A2, D
shows the 3rd but changes A1 to todays date.

Can anyone help, im desperate to get this right!!!

Thanks steve;

Hi,

Can you show us a snippet of the code? or post a small
version of your sheet?

I'm having difficulty envisioning what is causing the
A1 to change....

Thx,
jeff

having great
>diffuclty with one thing!
>
>The current coding meanms that when something is
selected in A1, D1
>shows todays date (2ndJune) which is what i want.
>
>The problem is that the next day(3rd) when i then say
select A2, D1
>shows the 3rd but changes A1 to todays date.
>
>Can anyone help, im desperate to get this right!!!
>
>Thanks steve;)
>

>---
>
>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Enter Sales tansactions with previous dates when connected to netw
Enter Sales tansactions with previous dates when connected to network Hello, How can I enter invoices with previous dates in POS? When I change the date on the terminal, the system still gets the date from the server. And even when I tried offline mode, I could not use the store account tender. Any workaround? Thanks for your suggestions. ...

need excel worksheet help, running total based on date
I am trying to add a series of numbers in different worksheets(same spreadsheet) based upon the date. I don't want the future numbers in the total until the date they are associated with is passed. i.e. in A1 of each worksheet is 200. Each worksheet is titled by date (Mar 5, Mar 19, etc) I want the running total to reflect the amount to the current date. If it's March 18th, the totals would be only thru the worksheet of Mar 5. Any help is appreciated. My solution needs 2 cells, one of which may already be in use: You need a cell on each of the dated sheets that...

VB lookup date, then copy and paste
Hi All, I'm looking for some help on creating a macro for the following: Using cell A1 in Workbook 1 (contains a date in format dd/mm/yy), match this date with the same date in Column A in Workbook 2. Column A in Worksheet 2, starts with 31/01/10 in cell A2 and continues to 31/12/20 in cell A3989 (in date order). This end date may increase so I would like the macro to locate the end of column. When a match is found, I would like the macro to copy the content in Workbook 1 Row 1. This row starts at A1 and ends LJ, but again I would like this to be flexible. This data should be pasted ...

Creating new table columns and maintaining joins in another query
Hi, I have a table with alot of account information. However, to report on certain accounts, I have to manipulate a few of the column data and create a new column with the correct information. Once I have this new column, I do another query and get the information that I need out of that new column. The problem is when I'm querying from that new column, I'm join'ing that information to another column of information and it works the way I want it to work. But when I get more data, I have to run the original script that manipulates the data and creates a new column, agai...

how do I restrict cell input to dates only?
how do I restrict cell input to dates only? I want a message to be displayed informing the user that only dates are allowed in the cell. Try data|validation. On the settings tab, you can specify that the cell wants dates. James E Slack wrote: > > how do I restrict cell input to dates only? I want a message to be displayed > informing the user that only dates are allowed in the cell. -- Dave Peterson Have a look at Data > Validation Under the "Allow" drop down choose date -- Cutter ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cutter&...

Inserting dates
Is this possible? I have two cells which are filled in by choosing from drop-down lists. A1 is January, February etc and B1 is 2006, 2007 etc. Once the user chooses the month & year I would like Excel to automatically fill in some fields further down the sheet - showing the Friday dates in the month/year chosen. EG Choosing March 2007 would give: Friday 2 Friday 9 Friday 16 Friday 23 Friday 30 or August 2006 would give: Friday 4 Friday 11 Friday 18 Friday 25 (and then a blank cell as only 4 Fridays in this month) I can type "Friday" in as text in eg A15-A19 and then use...

Output Query as an Excel file
I am trying to output a query as an excel file and save it to a specific location. Here is my code. DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "Qry:SKU_ALL_2", acFormatXLS, _ "C:\RH DOC\LCM_PROJECT\LCM_QRY" & "\" & "LCM_QRY" & "_" & "PERIOD" & "_" & ([Forms]![LCM_DATA]![PER]) & ".xls", False I get a run time error '2306' that states there too many rows to output, based on the limitation specified by the output format or by Microsoft Access. There are 36,464 records. When I take...

date calculation #2
Hi, I want to prepare a Excel spreadsheet which calculates the balance of good in a store as, for eaxmple, follows. A B 1 Brought forward 200 2 manufactured 10 3 Sales 15 4 Balance =B1+B2-B3 I need to know wehther it is possible to change automatically b/f value in cell B1 to the Balance value in cell B4 at the start of everyday. ...

Indicator for tasks extending beyond project completion date
1. Our project has a targetted completion of June 30, 2010. 2. For visual purposes, I created a milestone 'Project complete - target June 30, 2010' which has a deadline of June 30 and a 'Must Finish On' June 30 constraint (knowing that this is an inflexible constraint) so that I can visualize the milestone and deadline on the same June 30 date. 3. How do I have indicators appear against tasks that end beyond the targeted project end date? Thanks Hi, Link the task to the projected end and they will show negative slack (whihc, through a simple formula in a ...

Pop up Form to set parameter of query to generate a report
I have a pop up form that opens when I run a report via a macro. The query searchs for an item (drug) that has 2 different mnemonics. (fields are mnemonic2 and mnemonic3 from table PDM) I cannot append the table fields into a new column because the table is on a server that does not allow changes. The problem is that I cannot figure out a way to attach [Forms]![frm_mnemonic]![lstbox] ---the combobox I am using on the form ----to mnemonic2 and mnemonic3 so it it will search both since they are both text values. I can attach it to one or the other field and it works fine, but when I attach it ...

Queries?
Is it possible to make an "update query" to roll back year to date overtime hours? I have an tblhours that totals all overtime hours worked and refused in which I have ran queries to sum all of those. Once a year we have to rollback the year to date overtime hours which means we take the lowest employee, he goes to "0" and we subtract the lowest employees hours from the highest employees hours. I was trying to do this in an update query, but everything I try subtracts, for example, 10 hours from every line of overtime in the tblhours table. I know you are no...

Stored Procedure details in one query
Hi all, can anyone help in getting below information from all stored procedure from one DB we have 100 procedure in one DB of sql server 2005.instead if of manully getting info for each procedure i want all below details in one shot or one query Procedure Name : Input Parameter : Output Parameter : Called By : Calls : Dependent tables : Thanks in advance Abhi (bawejaji@gmail.com) writes: > can anyone help in getting below information from all stored > procedure > from one DB > we have 100 procedure in one DB ...

Date for latest Update
Hi I want a cell show today() Date when somebody has change something in the document...Also the date will only change when I saving the document.... How I do that ?? //Sokoban ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) ThisWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="LastSaved", _ RefersToR1C1:="=""" & _ Format(Now, "mmm-dd-yyyy hh:mm") & "&qu...

extract numbers, convert to date
I imported a comma delimined .txt file into Excel. One column is formated (for example) 070794MEFKMAG. This is a person's birthday (mmddyy) and then parts of their name. I want to extract the birthdate numbers, convert them to a date and subtract that date from todays date. I've been able to extract the numbers [=MID(A12,ROW($1:$9),6)] giving me 070794, but haven't been able to convert them to any date that makes sense. Any suggestions I used the following formula =TODAY() - CONCATENATE(MID(F11,1,2),"/",MID(F11,3,2),"/",MID(F11,5,2)) F11 = 070794 I h...

Switch off date autotext in Outlook 2007
When I type a date in Outlook 2007 a date autotext option appears – how do I switch this feature off in Outlook 2007? ...

Conditional formatting based on matching record in separate query
I would like to conditionally format a patient's name (e.g., Bold) in a report, based on whether it finds that name in a separate query of New Admissions. How can I make my condition look for matching data in the query? The table name is Today'sList, and the query name is Admissions. The matching field name containing the patient's name is "Field1". Do I need to construct an expression using IIf (I'm assuming)? My question is, somehow I need my conditional expression to say "If Field1 matches any record's Field1 in this other query (Admissions),...

Printing Drafts emails Shows a "Sent time and Date"
Hi we have recently upgraded one of our clients to windows 7 / Office 2007. One of the users have reported that when printing draft emails there is a sent time and date that gets added to the top of the email even though the message has not been sent. I have looked through the outlook settings but cannot seem to find a way of turning this off. Any help on this would be appreciated. I have test the same on my own machine which is vista SP2 with office 2007 but get the same issue. I have noticed a date and time being put on draft emails, this started approximately 3 weeks ago. Co...

Cannot edit field in a joined table-subquery query
Hi all! I need help creating a query that allows me to edit a field on the grid. I'm in query design view and I import the table ORDERS and the query QRY_SUMOF_ORDERDETAILS as a subquery. I joined the PK of table with the FK of subquery. The field I would like to edit is Comment, located on the one-side of the relation. The many-side is the subquery (QRY_SUMOF_ORDERDETAILS), which is just a query that groups and sums the related (many-side) records of the table ORDERDETAILS. The final result of this subquery is one record per each ORDER. I want to be able to edit the Comment field...

create new field in query not working?
Hello I am using RenewalCost: IIf([1118] Is Not Null,[renewal-costs].school_1118,"0") the idea being to create a new field called RenwalCost such that if the 1118 field is set to yes (a yes/no field), then the value for the renewal cost is taken from the field school_118 in the table called renewal-costs. I'm not sure that I have the correct way of detecting a "yes" and there may well be other errors! Cheers Geoff > Hello > > I am using > > RenewalCost: IIf([1118] Is Not Null,[renewal-costs].school_1118,"0") > > the idea being to cr...

Query design question?
Query1 retrieves data for 2,000 records from a series of linked tables that have about 100,000 recordset Query2 retrieves data for 5,000 records from another series of linked tables that has about a 100,000 recordset as well. Query1 and Query2 are linked on a customer ID (e.g.) Should there be a simple join between Query1 and Query2 on Customer ID, or would there there be a benefit to limiting the records in Query2 first? Yes, SQL Server app - have an old stopwatch, but didn't know if some general guidelines applied. "Jerry Whittle" <JerryWhittle@discussions.micros...

Extracting Date of Lowest Value from List
Hi - I have a list of daily $Amounts for ea day of the year. ie --Month-- --Date-- --Amount-- In a summary table, I extract the highest AMOUNT for a particular month with {=MAX(IF(Month="Dec",'9am'!Amount))} I extract the DATE of the higest AMOUNT for thyat month, Dec, with {=MAX(((Month)="Dec")*(Amount=MAX(((Month)="Dec")*Amount))*Date)} I can successfully get the highest AMOUNT and DATE for a particular MONTH, but modifying the second formula to get the DATE of the lowest AMOUNT will not work. It fails because it will return the DATE of the lowest A...

time and date charting
Whats the best way to chart date/time and percent values from say 7/12/06 until whenever. I want the chart to autoupdate as the data is entered? Ed -- changetires ------------------------------------------------------------------------ changetires's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35414 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=569922 ...

Importing dates from text file
I have counter data from a windows 2000 servers which I am trying t graph. The text file has data in the format below. "(PDH-CSV 4.0) (GMT Dayligh Time)(-60)","\\SERVER1\Memory\Pages/sec","\\SERVER1\PhysicalDisk(_Total)\Avg Disk Queue Length","\\SERVER1\Processor(_Total)\% Processor Time" "03/31/200 23:59:41.115","0","0.0012533333333333333","0.52083333333333703" "03/31/200 23:59:56.115","0","0.0020799999999999998","1.041666666666663" "04/01/2004 00:00:11.115",&quo...

Date format problem #10
Hello I am having great difficulty in converting American date format int dd/mm/yy. I have used both the date format option and also the custo option, this has not been sucessful. I have attached a small dat sample and I would greatly appreciate if someone could provide som assistance in converting these dates. The dates are exported from an ERP system which operates the julia date system...unsure if this is the reason why I can't sucessfull convert all dates???! regards A Attachment filename: date format.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/...

Problem formatting date as "dd/mm/yyyy"
Hi, I am formatting cells using the following code: sws1 is the source sheet and dws is the destination sheet. dws.Cells(datarow, 3) = Format(sws1.Cells(j, 6), "dd/mm/yyyy") The value of "31-03-2010" in sws1 is displayed as "31-03-2010" in dws and not as "31/03/2010" as desired. The cell in dws is formatted as general The value of "12-03-2010" in sws1 is displayed as "03-12-10" in dws and not as "12/03/2010" The cell in dws is formatted as date. The dates in the sws1 sheet are formatted as dates Pleas...