Date last edited

I would like to enter a field into the footer of an Excel document that
automatically displays the date and time the document was last edited. This
is possible in Word and Visio, but I can't find a way to do it in Excel. Is
it possible?
0
Sharp (2)

Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cacel As Boolean)
    With ActiveWorkbook
        .ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftHFooter = "Last saved on: " & _
            Format(.BuiltinDocumentPropert�ies("Last Save Time"), _

                "dd mmm yyyy")
    End With
End Sub

goes in the ThisWorkbook code module.

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"Mike Sharp" <Mike Sharp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like to enter a field into the footer of an Excel document that
> automatically displays the date and time the document was last edited.
This
> is possible in Word and Visio, but I can't find a way to do it in Excel.
Is
> it possible?

0
phillips1 (803)

NESTED IF STATEMENT USING DATE
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C7B250.64254380 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello! Can some review the following IF statement. The error is stating that = there are too many arguments. =3DIF((TEXT((D2),"yyyy")=3D"2007"),"2007",if(TEXT(d2),"yyyy")=3D"2006","2= 006","2005 & Before") If the year of the date is 2007, state "2007", If the year of the date = is 2006, state "2006", otherw...

Empty cells showing that they are default formated to "Date"
I created a spead sheet with one column set as a date the first to the end of the month. The other columns have various in text and accounting info. If I click on a empty cell it show in the format section on the bar the the cell is set up to have a date entry. This is all over the page. Can any one tell me why this is happening? -- Fred You can correct that by setting the formating for the other columns. Simply click on the column(s) then right click and select Format cells, or select the column(s) then go to Format and then Cells. In the selection list choose any option bes...

use macro to change dates
I have never used macros before but am trying to convert dates using excel 2003. The dates are in the format of +1.123.456.1234 and I would like to change that to 123-456-1234. There are also some listed as 123.456.1234 and would like them to be the same as the first ones, that is, 123-456-1234. I tried using the "start recording" method and "stop recording" but the cursor just jumps back to the original cell when I try to use the recorded macro. I have 2000 cells to change. Anybody have a suggestion on how to change these? I looked at the VBE, but don't kno...

line graph-need to pick up dates as values for the x axis?
How do you get a line graph to pick up and show dates as the values on the x axis, not starting at zero nor at the first of the month. There doesn't seem to be anywhere for x-axis data to be transferred to the x- axis. I did put the dates into a row of cells and highlight them. i am using MS office 2000. Go to Source Data on the Chart menu. On the Series tab, select the series, then click in the XValues box, clear it if necessary, and select the range that contains your dates. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions ht...

Last value in column before blank
Hi, My data in one column A:A - Where V100 &V101 are product codes, dates run down the column and Blank is a blank cell befor each new product code. V100 1-Sep-09 2-Sep-09 Blank V101 1-Oct-09 5-Oct-09 10-Oct-09 Blank Question is how do i return the date value for the last entry (eg before the blank) for each product code I want to find. Note also the last date entry is always the max value date. Eg V100 = 2-Sep and V101 =10-Oct. Thks Craig One formulas play ... Assume your source data running in A2 down Put these in B2:D2 In B2: =IF(LEFT(A2)="V",A2,IF(A2=&...

Parameter Query using date ranges
I am creating a parameter query where I want to pull data between 2 dates. In the date criteria of my query, if I write between #01/01/2008# and #01/31/2008# +1, I will get all data for January. If I use a form to enter the dates and have Between [Forms]![autoexec]![start] And [Forms]![autoexec]![end] +1 in the date criteria, I get an error. Does anyone know what I should put in the criteria to make the query work? Are you entering your dates as m/d/y? What happens if you try: DateAdd("d", 1, [Forms]![autoexec]![end]) Is the form open? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access...

Locking Edits
Hi people, I need to share a notebook on OneNote, but keep it locked for editing, so people can sync any changes I make, but not make any changes themselves. I have tried changing the files to read only files, but they don't seem to sync properly to other computers once I've changed them. The files are also stored on a shared sever if that makes a difference (I'm not too worried about people changing anything directly on the server, it's more editing in OneNote I'm worried about.) Miss George wrote: I need to share a notebook on OneNote, but keep it locke...

Static Date and Time in Excel 2007
Hello all, I have googled around and have not been able to find the answer on the following: I am looking to have a cell that automatically populates the current date and time and leave that information STATIC in that cell once populated when an adjacent cell has a value entered into it. The only answers I fould were for excel 2000 and 2003. I am using 2007 and I am totally lost with the new menu system that has been implemented here. If this requires a macro, please help me walk through how to enter the area where the macros is to be enter along with any supporting code. Thanks to a...

Fill null fields from last record non-null in that field
Access 2000 -- I have a database table which is built from an import from a text file. I want to fill blank fields in records from the last previous record that has a value in that, and then when Access encounters a new record with a value in it, have this pasted into the fields below it. Now, it looks like this: 1 "0010099" 2 3 5 "0010100" 6 7 8 9 10 "0010101" 11 12 I want it to look like this: 1 "0010099" 2 "0010099 3 "0010099 5 "0010100" 6 "0010100" 7 "0010100" 8 "0010100" 9 "0...

Is there a way to change the effective date on EFT transmit files?
I'm trying to determine if there is a way to adjust the effective date that is located on the transmit file for EFT file transmissions. Our transmit files show the current date as the effective date for our batches. We'd like to see a day or 2 later. I believe the location of this "effective date" is between characters 70 and 75 on the 5 record (company/batch header for all entries). ...

Tasks with no due date at the bottom?
Is there any way to convince Outlook 2000 to show tasks with no due date at the bottom of the task list -- when the sort is on by due date, ascending? I know if it's sorted by due date descending, the no-due-date tasks will be at the bottom, but that's just not it; what I need is a view sorted by due date, ascending, with no-due-date tasks at the bottom. I suppose it seems quite logical: the closes due dates on top, the farthest due dates lower down the list, the ones without due dates at the very bottom. I would love to do the same with Outlook 2003. I think the answer is that...

space then date causes error
On my spreadsheet they have to type in a date and other calculations are taken from this point. Of the hundreds that have used it there have been no problems, however as always there will always be one....... When they fill in the date they type a space and then type the date, this throws up errors in the other calculations. Not altogether important but is there an easy fix for this, so that if anyone types a space it is ignored, I dont want to get involved in VBA/macro stuff. Right click the sheet tab>view code>insert this>modify range to suit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(By...

Edit the notes field
Hello, is it possible to edit the display of notes in the notes field? I thinkt there is too much overhead, so I would remove the "title" and the "created from" for example. How is this possible? Thank you! Regards, Uwe Hi again, isnt this possible? As our notes get more and more, the two additional lines of information per note produce a lot of overhead. Thank you! Regards, Uwe On 25 Apr., 15:12, Uwe Braunholz <uwe.braunh...@hotmail.de> wrote: > Hello, > > is it possible to edit the display of notes in the notes field? > I thinkt there is too muc...

Line chart: Dates in uneven intervalls on x-achsis #3
Great! I've just tried it out: You two were completely right. It work now like I had thought. Thank you so much! Have a great weekend! Gil -- gdavid ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gdavids's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1589 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27378 ...

Date functions
Our database represents dates by giving the day number within a year. For example, day number 1 is January 1, and day number 365 is December 31. Is there a function to convert day number to mmm-dd? =TEXT(DATE(2005,1,A1),"mmm-dd") where cell A1 holds the day of the year "Kirk P." <KirkP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:847D34F3-CA15-4BA2-A5EB-578DBBB42E6A@microsoft.com... > Our database represents dates by giving the day number within a year. For > example, day number 1 is January 1, and day number 365 is December 31. Is > there a fun...

Autoarchive email date selection logic
I have noticed that my Outlook 2003 Autoarchive is not deleting my old email. I have checked my global Autoarchive setting and it is turned on. I have set folder specific Autoarchive settings. Most of these are to operate on email older than 4 months, either sending it to the Autoarchive .pst file, or deleting it. This is not happening; I have email much older than a year. I looked this up and read that the Autoarchive process for email goes by the "received date or the last modification date/time, whichever is later." So I looked at both dates for all my email. The probl...

Formatting a cell for the computer's system date
I've set up a monthly expenses spreadsheet to track my payments, due dates, paid dates, balances, etc. I need to have A1 accept the computer's system date when I make changes and print it out. Help!! ...

Comparing first and last names in two lists #3

Date Criteria 06-08-07
Hi! What criteria should be placed in the query so that it should look up values in the field that start from Date1 to Date2. I have this criteria: "Between [Forms]![Form1]![StartDate] And [Forms]![Form1]![LastDate]" which only looks for values in between (I know, it only includes the values in between the dates because of the 'Between', that's why I'm asking for help.) the dates and not including the StartDate and LastDate. What should i put instead of 'Between'? Thanks for those who would help! Any help would be gladly appreciated! -- ai® M...

Recovering Date a Document Was Created
When I inserted a date in my Word 2003 document, I put a check mark in "Update automatically." Now I need to know when the document was created. Is that information available somewhere in the document, and can I recover that creation date? "Guy Delaney" <delaney@suddenlink.net> wrote in message news:ujbUwNhjKHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > When I inserted a date in my Word 2003 document, I put a check mark in > "Update automatically." Now I need to know when the document was created. > Is that information available somewhere ...

Cell format requires manual edit
I have a problem with changing the format of a pure number in a cell formatted as a text. After the type is changed to a number (actually it's changed to special - 000000), the cell refuses to change until after the cell is edited (with or without changes) and the ENTER key is pressed. Is there an easy way around this? A similar thing happens with a cell has a special enter character. Editing the cell and pressing enter changes the cell format to word wrap and to recognize the special character, though the character is not usually desired. I know how to delete the special characters wi...

Date delimiter changes

the last one to three characters of Y-axis label cannot be display
I am using Sony VAIO laptop (Model PCG-K23). The y-axis labe cannot be display fully in Excel 2003, Excel XP, and even Excel Work that came with this laptop. The Sony customer care guys attribute this problem to MS software problem. Does any one know how I can solve this problem? I have updated my Office2003, Window XP, and even graphic driver (ATI Radeon IGP). ...

Editing Entourage mail display
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop I've recently taken over a new position and the lap-top that comes with the role. A new mail account has been set up in my name, but even though it looks like I've changed the display name to my own (under accounts), the old one still appears when people send emails to me - how can I change? <br> Thanks! On 2/1/10 9:22 AM, in article 59bb20a0.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Mandabach@officeformac.com" <Mandabach@officeformac.com> wrote: > A new mail account has been set up i...

insert date
Hello, Excel 2000. How might I insert the document last saved date into header or footer? Not into a cell. You need a sub to do this This will only work if you are using Excel 2000 or higher Place this in the thisworkbook module Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets wkSht.RightFooter = "&8Last Saved : " & _ ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Last Save Time") Next wkSht End Sub If you use Excel 97 post back -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rond...