Date in Header/Footer

Does anyone know how to put the latest "revision date" in
the header or footer.  All I can get is the date printed
or any text I may put in.  I would like it to
automatically update the header/footer with the date any
changes are made.

Please help,

Nick
0
nhaddon (2)

Hi Nick,

Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cacel As Boolean)
    With ActiveWorkbook
        .ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftHeader = "Last saved on: " & _
            Format(.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Last Save Time"), "dd mmm
yyyy")
    End With
End Sub

goes in the ThisWorkbook code module

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Nick" <nhaddon@mtacfl.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to put the latest "revision date" in
> the header or footer.  All I can get is the date printed
> or any text I may put in.  I would like it to
> automatically update the header/footer with the date any
> changes are made.
>
> Please help,
>
> Nick

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
5/13/2004 1:37:46 PM
Hi
you need VBA for this. Put the following code in your
workbook module (not in a standard module):
Dim wkSht As Worksheet
   For Each wkSht In ActiveWindow.Worksheets
     With wkSht.PageSetup
        .LeftHeader = Me.BuiltinDocumentProperties _
          ("last save time")
      End With
   Next wkSht
End Sub

0
frank.kabel (11126)

how to do date 15/06/04 plus 5 months?
hi what formula should i use if i want to work out the date of say the 15/6/04 plus 5 months from now?? thanks : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com the only way i know is to type this formula into the cell: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+6,DAY(A1)) the cell "A1" (or any cell) will be the cell that the original date will be in. just add in the 6 after the MONTH (A1) to get your new date hope that helps >-----Original Message----- >hi what formula should i use if i want to work out the date of say > >the 15/6/04 plus 5 months from now?? ...

a status like "checking" to change to date format when completed
I am creating a DB that is for Tracking engineering drawings. I want to have a status field that has the following 1. not started 2. in process 3. in checking 4 complete / Date completed Is it possible to have the complete status change to a date somehow? I want to avoid having two fields, a status field and a complete field I would suggest that you may want to change that to have four date fields. DateReceived DateStarted DateReviewStarted DateComplete That way you can easily check its status in the process and get a complete timeline. but to answer your speci...

Date format #21
I can't see how to format the date in the UK manner, i.e. 6/12/09, rather than in the US manner 12/6/09. Can anyone help? Excel 2000. Rob Graham Select the range to format Format|Cells|Number tab Choose date and look to see if the day, month year is in the order you like. If it is, you can use that. If it's not, choose Custom and type: dd/mm/yyyy (or what you like) If the values don't change, then your dates aren't really dates. They're plain old text that look like dates. Select your range (one column at a time) data|text to columns Fixed width remove any lines t...

automatically format dates in a cell
Hi All, when I type a date into a cell, it automatically converts it to a date-time variable and formats it according to the system parameters. Is there any way I can turn this off? I don't want my date as a date time variable, nor do I want it to format to what the system format is. thanks stephan I'm not sure what a "date time variable" is, but if you want an XL date, but in the format you specify, preformat the cells with that format. If you don't want the date converted to an XL date at all, then preformat the cells as Text. They will then be left in whatev...

CSVDE Dates in Excel
How do I convert the Active Directory formatted dates exported by CSVDE when viewing in Excel to a readable format? http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&threadm=%23msiz%23Z8DHA.3804%40tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26q%3Dldifde%2B%2522date%2Bformat%2522%26btnG%3DSearch You may have some luck with the dsquery tools by sending the output to a text file. I haven't checked to see if it converts for you or not though. Al "D-a-n_L" <djlajoie@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23Wxhlm6uEHA.2192@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >...

Sales Report filtered by time, Z Report filtered by date
Does anyone have any Z summary reports that can be filtered by day, week, etc Also does anyone have a sales summary report that can be filtered by date and time. (Our liquor store is open untill 1 AM and I can't get the broken out sales over the "two day" period once sales has started on the next day? Thank you so much in advance. There is a combined Z report on the Jean Holland web site (I believe) that does exactly what you want it to do. In regards to (sales) reports by date and time: I asked the same question a week or so ago in this NG but didn't get any soluti...

How do I hold email in Exchange Queue to be sent at specific time/date?
Our company is in the process of creating a weekly email newsletter/reminder to be sent out to subscribing customers. I'm using an account on our Exchange 2003 SP2 server to relay emails from our website to the customer. I want to be able to queue up and hold the emails for this account to be sent at a specific time, say Monday mornings at 8am, but I don't want to interfere with the normal operation of the rest of the organization's incoming/outgoing email. How do I go about doing this? I've looked at the SMTP Connectors and it appears as if this is possible, but I do...

Excel: format each worksheet header/footer?
Any ideas on how to EASILY format each worksheet in a workbook so that they are all the same? I see how to do it one-by-one, but it is there an automated way that sets the "master" worksheet and then the other worksheets all copy its header/footer? Thank you. Right click any sheet tab and select all sheets. What ever you do to one will be done to all. In the title bar you will see [Group]. Just be sure to ungroup once you have done whatever it is you need to do. To ungroup simply click any sheet tab. Biff >-----Original Message----- >Any ideas on how to EASILY form...

Sort/Header
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C823A2.BBAB50E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Many times I will sort data and the sort command automatically = recognizes the header. I have a new sheet that Sort does not recognize the header so it mixes = the header in with the dataset. How do I identify or mark row 1 as my header for a data table? Thanks, Minkx ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C823A2.BBAB50E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-pr...

Sorting dates, ignoring year
I have a speadsheet of birthdays which I would like to change to be birthdates. At the moment, everyone's birthdays are specified on one column in the format dd/mm/2002 so that I can sort the worksheet to keep the dtaes in order throughout the year. Is there an easy way to sort a column of dates but ignore the year? Or do I need to split the dates into multiple columns? -- Ian -- You could split the dates into separate columns: =month(a1) =day(a1) and =year(a1) (you wouldn't use the year column) But I'd insert a helper column with formulas like: ...

bcp header row
Hi, is there a switch that I can use so that the first row of the destination text file contains the exported view column names? Any ideas appreciated :-) Many thanks, Jonathan Jonathan (Jonathan@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Hi, is there a switch that I can use so that the first row of the > destination text file contains the exported view column names? No, there isn't. You can compose a UNION ALL query that includes the colunm names, but it can be difficult to ensure that the column names come first. A better solution may be to write a separate file wit...

Finding the difference in days between two dates?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could let me know how I can find the difference in days between two date fields, would appreciate the help. Thanks Damon Damon; Just try this. Enter two dates ( 01/08/2003 and 21/08/2003 ) In another cell subtract the two dates, but format that cell as "General". If all is well, just must find a 20 in that cell. Or is it too simple and not what you want ? Mark Rosenkrantz. More Excel ? www.rosenkrantz.nl or info@rosenkrantz.nl ----------------------------------------------------------------- "Damon" <damon@nospam.co.uk...

Header space above text
I have a macro that puts the filename less .xls (it is a numbered file, i.e. 1234.xls) into the right header and formatted to font 26. The problem is that it is close to the top of the text. Is there a way to have the header print closer to the top of the page, leaving the rest of the page print in the same place. This macro is run on several machines and changing top margins seem like a problem. Thanks On the Margins Tab in the File-->Page Setup dialog, reduce the "Header:" margin. _______________________ Robert Rosenberg R-COR Consulting Services Microsoft MVP - Exce...

How can I create slanted headers?
Hello, At work today I was asked to create a spread sheet with products an they want the colums on the top to say the name of the product in slanted lined format. I am not sure what this is called and I am no sure how to explain it with out showing what I mean. But instead if striaght up and down lines on the top the need to b slanted on an angel when you type the text in the texts types straigh accrossed but when you are done typing it goies up on that angle in th lines. I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to d this. I have a few books on excel yet I can not find the ...

HEADERS & FOOTERS #2
Is there a way to copy a common header or footer from one sheet to another, or from one workbook to another? I'm not sure of an automated way to copy headers and footers between sheets but it is possible to select multiple sheets and add the same header/footer in one operation. Just CTRL-CLICK on each of the sheet tabs that you want to share the same header/footer information. Then go into View > Header/Footer. You can also do this if you have to enter the same information on several sheets. (I.e. if they all will have the same column headings.) Ya gotta be careful about ...

Dynamic Date Ranges
One one sheet I have a time series of data sorted by month. How do I go about (on a different sheet) using some sort of dropdown box (either through data validation or a combo box), so that the user can select a beginning date and end date, and the spreadsheet will display only the information in that time period. The number of columns would have to dynamically adjust I believe. Thanks! -- jc94321 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jc94321's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27258 View this thread: http://ww...

Date sorting problem
Using Excel 2002 - we have huge list of dates that often have no DAY, or that only have a year. We have to sort them and don't know how. Such as: 12/31/02 12/00/02 2002 Thank you, Ardell You need to make some simple assumptions. For example, if there is no day, then assume the day=1. If there is no month and no day, then assume 1 jan. Then re-format the data. Then sort in the usual fashion -- Gary's Student "Ardell" wrote: > Using Excel 2002 - we have huge list of dates that often have no DAY, or > that only have a year. We have to sort them and don'...

Difference in years and months between 2 dates
Hi, Does anyone know how I can get the number of years and months between 2 dates? (Using Office 2000) Thanx Subtract one from the other "Els" <Els@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E54C0D76-1313-40EF-922C-FCB0780AD992@microsoft.com... : Hi, : : Does anyone know how I can get the number of years and months between 2 : dates? (Using Office 2000) : : Thanx Hi see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Does anyone know how I can get the number of years and months between 2 >dates? (Using Office 200...

outlook express shows header info in html mail
Hi i've sent an email thoruh a form in a php page; in some outlook express client the mail is shown with some header info and with html tag as they were plain text. I receive the email just as it should be, while my collegue (which is beside me in the same office) and my client don't. I already unchecked the 'Read message in plain text' checkbox. Has anyone any idea about it? NB: i used the phpmailer class in php. Thanks Vitto I presume that you are talking about something like Yahoo Groups where you send a message to the group and it is then sent to as...

auto date
Can someone tell me how to turn off the auto date part of excel? I need to insert different dates but everytime I try to input a date such as 6/02, 06/02, June 02, it always changes it to 6-05, 06-05, June-05. Any time I try any year after 2000 it does this. Thanks Luke ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- Hi Luke, You indicate what you entered not what it is supposed to mean, we don...

show attachment in e-mail header
I would like to cosutomize the e-mail header that it shows the e-mail as example below: "from:" "sent:" "to:" "Subject" "Attachment" Thanks, Ursula A. and here's the question: At present my e-mail settings do not show the "Attachment", so when I send out an attachment it is not mentioned. How can I add this item? >-----Original Message----- >I would like to cosutomize the e-mail header that it >shows the e-mail as example below: >"from:" >"sent:" >"to:" >"Subject"...

Detail record prints on top of group header subreport
Hello, I have a report with a subreport in the group header. Both the detail and subreport have two columns (width 3"). Column layout across, then down. The first record of the detail section prints in the header section on the right side, on top of the second record of the subreport. Thanks in advance for your help. Ellen ...

printing the saved date/time
is the a field code or something to print the save date in a footer i.e there is a field code for the current date in excel &[date], but i would like it to be the last date it was saved thanks in advance!!! You need VBA to do this If you copy this in the ThisWorkbook module it will print the Last Save Time in the RightFooter of every sheet you print Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets wkSht.PageSetup.RightFooter = "&8Last Saved : " & _ ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDoc...

perl Win32::OLE excel date
I need help retrieving the date from excel using the Win32::OLE pm. here is my program... use strict; use Win32::OLE qw(in with); use Win32::OLE::Const 'Microsoft Excel'; $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3; # die on errors... my $Excel = Win32::OLE->GetActiveObject('Excel.Application') || Win32::OLE->new('Excel.Application', 'Quit'); # get already active Excel # application or open new my $Book = $Excel->Workbooks->Open("C:\\TMP\\test1.xls"); # open Excel file my ...

how do I specify a date range = date(2010,4,1 thru 30)
I am trying to use a header in a formula. In A1 I have the month and year (April 2010). I want to bring in a calculation result from a second page (Daily Log) So I want to know how many guest in the month of April visited. But it has to look up April from the year list. I guess this is what I am trying to accomplish Lookup (A1) April (1-30) 2010 from April Stats sheet on Daily log sheet (A column) add guests logged in (D Column) and result to April Stats B5 I record numbers daily and want to have the totals from one page brought to another page, but need the data to be found...