date in cell comment

Hi all,

I want to put todays date with a certain format (d-m-yy) in the comment of
cell B3. Can't find the proper code. Please help.

TIA

Jack Sons
The Netherlands

0
j.sons (216)

One way:

    Public Sub InsertDateInB3()
        With Range("B3")
            On Error Resume Next
            .Comment.Delete
            On Error GoTo 0
            .AddComment Text:=Format(Date, "d-m-yy")
        End With
    End Sub

In article <eFOqwq6jFHA.576@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
 "Jack Sons" <j.sons@planet.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to put todays date with a certain format (d-m-yy) in the comment of
> cell B3. Can't find the proper code. Please help.
>
> TIA
>
> Jack Sons
> The Netherlands
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
7/23/2005 5:36:59 PM
JE,

Thanks, I treid to get it working with  .AddComment Text:=Date, numberformat
("d-m-yy"), and other things like that, of course to no avail.

Jack.

"JE McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> schreef in bericht
> One way:
>
>    Public Sub InsertDateInB3()
>        With Range("B3")
>            On Error Resume Next
>            .Comment.Delete
>            On Error GoTo 0
>            .AddComment Text:=Format(Date, "d-m-yy")
>        End With
>    End Sub
>

> In article <eFOqwq6jFHA.576@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
> "Jack Sons" <j.sons@planet.nl> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I want to put todays date with a certain format (d-m-yy) in the comment
>> of
>> cell B3. Can't find the proper code. Please help.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Jack Sons
>> The Netherlands

0
j.sons (216)

How do I compare data in two worksheets to find matching cells?
Each day I work with two worksheets. One is a list of numbers that is given to me by someone else. The other list is something I make myself, again it is a list of numbers. I need to know if there is a way I can compare the data to find out if any of the numbers I input on my list match up to the ones on the list I am given. I am aware of the "Find" function, but I'm working with lists of hundreds of numbers, and it's really annoying to take each one and "find" it on another worksheet. Any answers? Hi Gary, See Chip Pearson's Tagging Duplicates page. In ...

What is a cell mark and what does it look like?
I was working with cells while editing and I need to know what a cell mark is and/or looks like to continue. I am working with Office 2000 Professional. Hi Kira, I am not sure what is this "cell mark" could it be a add comment to a cell? or you just a cell address which refer to A1 - A stands for column and 1 stands for row usually when you select any cell in excel it indicates where you are? Goto pulldown menu option you will see Row & Column Headers see where your cursor lands. "Kira" wrote: > I was working with cells while editing and I need to know wha...

Calculating dates & creating reports
I need to design a database that will calculate due dates for evaluations. It will have 5 dates. 4 are calculated. These dates need to be on a form along with the employee's name and other vital info. The user should be able to enter that Start Date and have all the other dates calculate automatically. There are approximately 55 employees! The first date (Start Date) is entered by the user. Example: User enters Start Date: 2/01/07. #2 Next Date is 91 days from 2/1/07, which calculates to 5/03/07. #3 Six Month Date is 182 days from Start Date, which calculates to 8/02...

COUNTIF with DATE Logic
I have an array with hourly data for an entire year. Normally I use CountIf on this array to ascertain how many occurences occur ove certain data ranges over the entire year. So assuming the data is i B1:B8760. I would Count the number of occurences for the whole yea where data is greater than 1: Entire Year =COUNTIF($B$1:$B$8760,>1) However I now want to use this COUNTIF to assess how may occurence occur over certain data ranges in certain months. The easy way to d this is to build 12 separate COUNTIFs and change the array: January =COUNTIF($B$1:$B$744,>1) February =COUNTIF($B$74...

comparing cells in one column to another
I have a column on a spreadsheet and an array of strings. I need to look at the first cell on the spreadsheet and find a matching value in the array of strings. This is how I am doing that With ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(Tracker).Range("Order_Number_Header") For E = 0 To Total_Rows_On_Spreadsheet - 1 For F = 0 To Total_Elements_In_Array - 1 If .Offset(E, 0) = FTS_Order_Number(F) Then msgbox"I Have a Match end if next F next E end with Nothing is matching and I know there are some matches. When I display the value in the fields I see "12345678" for both fields. The f...

Macro to take most recent date in long list?
Okay I have a spread sheet with the follwing columns: Item Warehouse Last Sale A 1 50129 A 1 60625 A 2 51001 A 2 40329 B 1 60515 etc. Can I create a macro that will give me the last Sale for each item in each WH? For example - Item A, WH 1 - 60625, Item A, WH 2 - 51001? I can put the data anywhere (new worksheet, new column, etc) Or maybe I don't need a macro - maybe the...

Can I set up a calendar lookup for date selection
Is it possible to lookup a calendar for date selection on a cell. I cannot find any reference to it in the help. try this url http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm ================= "Tangoxray" <Tangoxray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72D4DB63-1D7F-477A-93C7-2F767A207B26@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to lookup a calendar for date selection on a cell. I cannot > find any reference to it in the help. ...

Sure this is simple (date type prob)
Hi all, I have a cell with a date in it representing hours worked. eg 34:58 34 hours and 58 minutes. I need to multiply it by an hourly wage, e 4.52 and get the amount earned. Unfortuantely I do not know how to d this. Can anyone help? -- Cheers -- SO ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com where i5 is 34:58 and j4 is 4.50 = $157.35 =I5*24*$J$4 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "SOL-ion" <SOL-ion.x9rbb@excelforum-nospam.com>...

Report to Filter on Next Date Per File
I have a docketing report which reports any action due for a particular file. Theses actions are future dates. A file can have multiple actions due. For example: File ABC12345 Action 6/1/2010 Letter to Client Action 6/9/2010 Payment Due Action 12/10/2010 Status Check File CYO4457 Action 3/1/2011 Letter re Exam Action 6/4/2011 Annuity Due I need to write a report which will only give me the next action due. Using my example the output would be like the following: File ABC12345 Action 6/1/2010 Letter to Client Fil...

Can you automatically date stamp emails that you send out? #2
My emails need a date stamp on them as I send them. It does not appear that you can do this..does someone have an idea to do this? Thanks ...

Date range for report
Hi, I tried to set up controls in a form in order to prompt for date criteria in a report. I added textboxes to the report, with references to the forms controls, in the controlsources for those boxes. When I try to run the report it doesn't prompt for the dates, it just puts #Name? where those controls are. If I open the form and enter the dates directly into the form and click ok it brings up the report with the proper filters though. Is there a way to make the report open the form to prompt for the dates, rather than having to open the form itself? ...

Summing numbers between a date range
I need to sum values in a row of data where the date in the column of the row falls within a certain date range. Here is an example of the data. The data to be summed is in sheet one and the dates used for the criteria are in sheet 2. Sheet_1: col a col b col c col d Nov 15/92 Feb 15/93 Sep 15/93 Feb 15/94 15.00 20.00 30.00 10.00 Sheet_2: col a col b Jan 1/93 Dec 31/93 Jan 2/94 Dec 31/94 I basically want to sum the data in Sheet_1 that is between a date range based on Sheet_2. For example, sum values in sheet_...

Mass change of same cell in multiple files??????
I have about 180 files that are price pages from a company we sell products from. The same cell in every file, Sheet 1 P1 is a factor that is used in formulas through out the files. I guess I am wondering if there are 1 of 2 solutions. 1) Can I mass change that P1 cell in all 180 files to be a different number instead of 1.0? or 2) Can I mass change any reference to that cell in any sheet to point to one cell that we can change anytime and only do 1 update for all 180 files? Thanks in advance Hi Jim You can do this with a macro http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy4.htm You can use a form...

Cells losing formatting
This is driving me nuts! I use excel 2000. From time to time certain cells (usually blocks of cells or an entir row) containing numerical data lose all formatting. Excel no longe recognizes the data as numbers and will not sort them etc. Selectin the cell(s) and changing the formatting has no effect. Copying, the "paste special / values" only works sometimes. Manually retyping th data over the old usually works but I am dealing with a spreadshee with about 1000 records. I just had this happen with a row containing date / time stamps. Each cell has an entry like "7/26/04 9:5...

Document Date vs. Batch Date
Can someone explain to me the difference between document date and batch date. The way I understand it, the document date refers to the date the item will hit the subledger and the batch date (if batch date is the posting option) refers to the date the transaction will hit the general ledger. Is this correct? Does this mean that if I have all my periods open for a year and I enter a cash receipt transaction with a document date of 05/01/04 in a batch with a batch date of 06/01/04 that my subledger will not balance to my general ledger for that month? Elizabeth, You've got it ...

DATE #10
Feb 28,2008 ---> 2008-2-28 Feb 1,2008 ---> 2008-2-1 Format? "����" <cola@hz.cn> wrote in message news:OOQhTbRaKHA.5472@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Feb 28,2008 ---> 2008-2-28 > Feb 1,2008 ---> 2008-2-1 > See your other post "ÎÞÃû" wrote: > Feb 28,2008 ---> 2008-2-28 > Feb 1,2008 ---> 2008-2-1 > > > . > Hi, Highlight the cell, right click in the mouse, cell format, custom format and enter yyyy-mm-dd "ÎÞÃû" wrote: > Fe...

SUMMARIZING DATA BASED ON DATES GROUPED IN WEEKS
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C6ED3C.00C7C2B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello! 1) The RAW DATA SHEET is where I maintain a cash receipt register in a = list form on a daily basis. Any date may have multiple entries due to = different customer payment. 2) The SUMMARY SHEET shows how I want to summarize the data contained in = RAW DATA SHEET. Basically the summary sheet is summing based on the date = grouped in weeks. =20 RAW DATA SHEET DATE DAY CUSTOMER AMOUNT=20 ...

Date range in months from month and year fields
In our database we track consultants work dates in four seperate fields, starting month, starting year, ending month, ending year. Is there anyway to calculate the range of months they have worked with this set up? So if someone started March 2004 and ended July 2007 is there a formula to calculate the 40 months they worked? DateDiff("m",[starting month] & "/" & "01" & "/" & [starting year],[ending month] & "/" & "01" & "/" & [ending year]) "monkeycr84" wrote: > In our da...

Home Page Content Item: Important Dates (repost)
I asked this question 3 days ago and have received no replies so I'm repeating it. Perhaps the subject name I used: "Important Dates" was too short or sounded like spam. In any case my experience on this board is that even if no one has a solution, someone usually responds saying that he can't reproduce the problem, or that it doesn't work for him either, or that the poster misunderstands what this function is supposed to do. Not having received any response at all, I beg your indulgence with this repost: ***** Money 2006. No Passport. XP Home SP2. P4 3.0 GHz. 1G...

XSD/Schema: Who do I set a default for a date-type element?
If I specify a default value in an .xsd-File like this ... <xs:element name="element1" type="xs:dateTime" minOccurs="0" default="2004-02-10T00:00:00.0000000+01:00" /> .... and try to build a dataset with xsd /d Dataset.xsd, i receive an "value doesn't fit the datatype" error. I tried already formats like "2001-01-01" or "2000/01/01" with the same result. Does someone know the right format? This is my original file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <xs:schema id="Dataset1...

Getting local Time and date for the local computer(vista OS)
Hi I am working with Vista(one of a kind), and have a MFC application and would like to add small code that will get current time and date from the local compuetr. i meet an example in MSDN : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa390423(VS.85).aspx but it looks too long for what i am looking, is there a 1 function API that returns the Date and the time ? thanks for your time Zack >Hi I am working with Vista(one of a kind), >and have a MFC application and would like to add small code that will get >current time and date from the local compuetr. >i meet an example in MSDN...

Date Serial Problem
I have a querry in which I am using the Date Serial in the querry criteria as follows Between DateSerial([Enter Year:],[Enter Month:],1) And DateSerial([Enter Year:],[Enter Month:]+1,0) the result i get is for a a perticular month in a year. What I want is: 1. if i want to get the results between june to november 2009. how can i do it? 2. If i want to get the restult of 2008 only e.g. from 01 Jan 2008 (or any year) upto 31 December 2008. This should give result only for 1 year only. not by months like from june 2008 to june 2009 Please help me fix this querry ...

Navigating to Referenced Cell
I run Excel 2002 with SP-2. I finally discovered how to move to a referenced cell ( Control +[ ). I saw somebody else do it with a simple double click of a cell that had a reference in it. Mine, however, doesn't work that way (is there a way to make the double click method work?). The real question is this: After I get to a referenced cell with Control +[ is there a way to QUICKLY get back to where I started? Jeannine I'm surprised you didn't try the obvious: <Ctrl> <]> BTW, double click should work if you; <Tools> <Options> *UNCHECK* "Edit Di...

date in database compare with the current date
Is that possible to create an alert function, that gives an alert message when a date in Access database is going to expired soon So I need this function to compare the date in database with current date when the dates are the same, it gives an warning msg on the web browser and is that possible to achieve that using Microsoft script editor? Hi, Sure, but you need to write code. The basic idea would be to check when the next event should occur, and run Schedule Tasks, or other tool, appropriately. Sure, you have to check that when the db is loaded, when a record is appended, modified, o...

Exchange Server 2003 - pop3 connector
Hello all Our Exchange Server 2003 calls our ISP hourly and downloads all email for our domain from a catch-all pop3 account. When users are reading mail the time stamp which appears is the time which the email was downloaded by our server. What we want to be able to see is the time the email was created by the sender. Does anybody know how to do this? Many thanks Fin The way to go is to use SMTP rather than POP. You'll then see the time that the mail was received into the system, which will be a better representation. If you need to know where a delay was you can look at th...