Date Formulas #3

How can I make a cell correct the year of a date
0
charlene (12)

Hi Charlene

not really sure what you're after here
if you have
1/1/05
and you want to display just
2005
then right mouse click on the cell and choose format cells / on the numbers
tab, choose custom and then type
yyyy
in the white line and and click OK.

however, this just displays the date showing only the year, if you want to
extract the year only to another cell you can use
=year(A1)
where A1 contains the date

if you're after something else, please type a few examples of the data you
have and what you want to see.

Cheers
JulieD

"Charlene" <Charlene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I make a cell correct the year of a date

0
JulieD1 (2295)
1/6/2005 3:32:22 PM
Hi

With the date of your birth in cell A1, this formula in another cell will
return this year's birthday:
=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1))

HTH. best wishes Harald

"Charlene" <Charlene@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
> How can I make a cell correct the year of a date

0
stf (176)
1/6/2005 3:33:21 PM
thank you for your reply Harald, but I don't think I explained myself very
well.

My employees use Excel to enter timesheet info.  If they accidentially enter
the year 2004 instead of 2005, is there a way Excel can automatically change
the year to 2005?

"Harald Staff" wrote:

> Hi
>
> With the date of your birth in cell A1, this formula in another cell will
> return this year's birthday:
> =DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1))
>
> HTH. best wishes Harald
>
> "Charlene" <Charlene@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
> > How can I make a cell correct the year of a date

0
charlene (12)
1/6/2005 4:13:07 PM
Hi Charlene

what cell(s) are they typing the date into in the timesheet structure?

> thank you for your reply Harald, but I don't think I explained myself very
> well.
>
> My employees use Excel to enter timesheet info.  If they accidentially
> enter
> the year 2004 instead of 2005, is there a way Excel can automatically
> change
> the year to 2005?
>
> "Harald Staff" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> With the date of your birth in cell A1, this formula in another cell will
>> return this year's birthday:
>> =DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1))
>>
>> HTH. best wishes Harald
>>
>> "Charlene" <Charlene@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
>> > How can I make a cell correct the year of a date

0
JulieD1 (2295)
1/6/2005 4:15:57 PM
Use data > validation to restrict the entry to dates greater than or equal
to 1/1/2005.

Carlos

"Charlene" <Charlene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> thank you for your reply Harald, but I don't think I explained myself very
> well.
>
> My employees use Excel to enter timesheet info.  If they accidentially
enter
> the year 2004 instead of 2005, is there a way Excel can automatically
change
> the year to 2005?
>
> "Harald Staff" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > With the date of your birth in cell A1, this formula in another cell
will
> > return this year's birthday:
> > =DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1))
> >
> > HTH. best wishes Harald
> >
> > "Charlene" <Charlene@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
> > > How can I make a cell correct the year of a date

0
nunayo (95)
1/6/2005 4:39:12 PM
Carlos, thank you, that is exactly what I want to do, but I don't know how to
do it.  Can you help?

"CarlosAntenna" wrote:

> Use data > validation to restrict the entry to dates greater than or equal
> to 1/1/2005.
>
> Carlos
>
> "Charlene" <Charlene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > thank you for your reply Harald, but I don't think I explained myself very
> > well.
> >
> > My employees use Excel to enter timesheet info.  If they accidentially
> enter
> > the year 2004 instead of 2005, is there a way Excel can automatically
> change
> > the year to 2005?
> >
> > "Harald Staff" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > With the date of your birth in cell A1, this formula in another cell
> will
> > > return this year's birthday:
> > > =DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1))
> > >
> > > HTH. best wishes Harald
> > >
> > > "Charlene" <Charlene@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding

0
charlene (12)
1/6/2005 7:47:04 PM
1) Select the cell or range of cells you want to restrict.
2) Pull down the Data menu.
3) Choose Validation...
4) Settings Tab, Allow: Date, Data: Greater than or equal to , Start Date:
1/1/2005
5) Error Alert Tab, Error message: It's 2005, Dummy.
6) OK button
7) Check behavior by entering good and bad dates.

Carlos

> Carlos, thank you, that is exactly what I want to do, but I don't know how
> do it.  Can you help?
>
> "CarlosAntenna" wrote:
>
>> Use data > validation to restrict the entry to dates greater than or
>> equal
>> to 1/1/2005.
>>
>> Carlos
>>
>> "Charlene" <Charlene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > thank you for your reply Harald, but I don't think I explained myself
>> > very
>> > well.
>> >
>> > My employees use Excel to enter timesheet info.  If they accidentially
>> enter
>> > the year 2004 instead of 2005, is there a way Excel can automatically
>> change
>> > the year to 2005?

>> will

CRM 3.0 Implementation

Oldest date for Duplicate Cust. #

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Dates #9

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Qrp Date functions

Extending formulas
Subject: Extending formulas Hi, For my application that uses Excel for calculations. I need to be able to extend the forula base of Excell with complex scientifc functions. Is there a way to add new functions to the Excel function base? Thanks Spx. MS has provided Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to customize Excel with new functions, commands, forms, menus, etc. Tools|Macro|Visual Basic Editor From the VBA editor Insert Module Then write your functions in VBA. Details of writting functions in VBA is a very big topic, http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut01.htm may help y...

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Showing 3:54PM instead of 3:54:03PM

Hyperlink problem #3

date tracking

Outlook Client #3

Rounding Numbers #3

Short time vs short date

SetWindowsHookEx #3
Hi there. Could someone explane to me what is the purpose of dwThreadId, the last member of SetWindowsHookEx function? I've expected that this is a thread id with which hooks is associated. That means that hook is getting only messages produced by this particular thread. But it looks like I'm getting system wide messages anyway. so could somone make it clear for me? In fact I need to process a mesages of only one window. I know the thread id of that window. But! this thread is not in my process! And I don't want a real system wide hook because it slows down the box. Ok, I think ...

Date Calculation

date modified

Date function quit working

Need to add to current formula

Date format 04-11-06

Formula Problem?
I am using Excel 2000 with Windows XP. I am having a problem. I am on Sheet 2 of my workbook. I have SSN on a sheet named Employees in the same workbook. I need to take the numbers on the Employees Sheet and transfer it to the sheet 2. I know how to do this. It just won't work. This is a copy of my formula. =SUM(Employees!C3) This should take the SSN that is in the C3 cell on the employees sheet and place it at the cell where the formula is typed. When I put this formula in the cell I am getting just a "0". Please help. =Employees!C3 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten...

formula auditing/macro
Can anyone give me the sytax to goto - special - precedents so I can create a macro so I can assign to a hotkey and dont have to go through 4 steps ? Thanks, Yosef With A1=1 and D2=2*A1, and D1 as active cell: I recorded a macro for these steps: Edit|GoTo->Special->Precedence And the macro contained just one line: Selection.DirectPrecedents.Select best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "ynissel" <ynissel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA544BDE-3717-4953-A5E3-06191BC28373@microsoft.com... > Can anyone...