Date Formula Needed-Business Days

I need a formula that calculates business days, but the NETWORKDAYS function
is not adequate.  I need the formula to return the number of days between two
dates, excluding a range of holidays.  Since my store is open seven days a
week, the NETWORKDAYS function will not suffice.  When I used Quattro Pro in
the past, it had a BDAY function, and it accepted parameters to indicate if
weedends were to be included or not.  Is there a comparable function in Excel?

I am trying to calculate the number of days the store is open every week.  I
thought of using NETWORKDAYS and simply adding 2 (Saturday and Sunday).
However, when holidays occur on a weekend, my formula returns the incorrect
number of days.
0
MauiTim (1)

So you only need to subtract holidays from your dates?
Put the holiday dates in let's say H1:H10 (adapt if there are more or less
holidays than 10)

=A2-A1-(SUMPRODUCT(--(H1:H10>=A1),--(H1:H10<=A2)))

with start date in A1 and end date in A2

depending on how you count you might want to include one day, if so

=((A2-A1)+1)-(SUMPRODUCT(--(H1:H10>=A1),--(H1:H10<=A2)))

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"MauiTim" <MauiTim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need a formula that calculates business days, but the NETWORKDAYS
>function
> is not adequate.  I need the formula to return the number of days between
> two
> dates, excluding a range of holidays.  Since my store is open seven days a
> week, the NETWORKDAYS function will not suffice.  When I used Quattro Pro
> in
> the past, it had a BDAY function, and it accepted parameters to indicate
> if
> weedends were to be included or not.  Is there a comparable function in
> Excel?
>
> I am trying to calculate the number of days the store is open every week.
> thought of using NETWORKDAYS and simply adding 2 (Saturday and Sunday).
> However, when holidays occur on a weekend, my formula returns the
> incorrect
> number of days.

0
terre081 (3244)
11/25/2005 8:24:06 PM
Hi!

A1 = start date
B1 = end date
C1:C10 = list of holiday dates

=B1-A1-SUMPRODUCT(--(C1:C10>=A1),--(C1:C10<=B1))+1

Biff

"MauiTim" <MauiTim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need a formula that calculates business days, but the NETWORKDAYS
>function
> is not adequate.  I need the formula to return the number of days between
> two
> dates, excluding a range of holidays.  Since my store is open seven days a
> week, the NETWORKDAYS function will not suffice.  When I used Quattro Pro
> in
> the past, it had a BDAY function, and it accepted parameters to indicate
> if
> weedends were to be included or not.  Is there a comparable function in
> Excel?
>
> I am trying to calculate the number of days the store is open every week.
> thought of using NETWORKDAYS and simply adding 2 (Saturday and Sunday).
> However, when holidays occur on a weekend, my formula returns the
> incorrect
> number of days.

0
biffinpitt (3172)

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Oldest date for Duplicate Cust. #

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Dates #9

Qrp Date functions

Extending formulas
Subject: Extending formulas Hi, For my application that uses Excel for calculations. I need to be able to extend the forula base of Excell with complex scientifc functions. Is there a way to add new functions to the Excel function base? Thanks Spx. MS has provided Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to customize Excel with new functions, commands, forms, menus, etc. Tools|Macro|Visual Basic Editor From the VBA editor Insert Module Then write your functions in VBA. Details of writting functions in VBA is a very big topic, http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut01.htm may help y...

date tracking

Need HELP! for Linking data

Short time vs short date

Date Calculation

Symbol Updating Only Every Few Days (if at all)
Using Money 2006, and have a symbol "VLO" that is only updating every few days. This stock was a duplicate (downloaded transaction created a new version of the same stock - my fault not clicking correct choice when asked). I've removed the symbol from the stock entry that was downloaded, renamed this entry to something bogus, deleting this renamed stock "from all accounts", then added the symbol back to the original VLO stock that I've been tracking for years. Now the stock just says "unch" in the portfolio view, and the price history is only updat...

Need to add to current formula

date modified

Date function quit working

Doesn't show busy,when scheduling meeting
Hello I have a user, who has meetings scheduled and shows up in her Calendar fine. But, when she or someone else tries to schedule new meeting, invite her, it doesn't show her busy schedule. It indicates as if she is available all time. Secondly, when she edits the meeting and marks as "Out of Office", than it shows up as busy. Her Out of Office is Off. Outlook 2000 with Exchange corporate setup. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks ...

sort by day of the week?
Excel 2002 I have 10 years of grain prices...one price for each trading day of th year. In 'A' we have the date, in 'B' the price. What I need to do i get a list of prices for Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, etc... Possible? (I really, really don't want to do this manually) Than -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com add a column = weekday(a1,1) etc and do a sort on this colum -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Thank you. You saved me 3 or 4 hours of excruciating data entry. Thi was the last step of a vital report. Now I can do my char...

Date format 04-11-06

Need macro help to close excel

Formula Problem?
I am using Excel 2000 with Windows XP. I am having a problem. I am on Sheet 2 of my workbook. I have SSN on a sheet named Employees in the same workbook. I need to take the numbers on the Employees Sheet and transfer it to the sheet 2. I know how to do this. It just won't work. This is a copy of my formula. =SUM(Employees!C3) This should take the SSN that is in the C3 cell on the employees sheet and place it at the cell where the formula is typed. When I put this formula in the cell I am getting just a "0". Please help. =Employees!C3 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten...

formula auditing/macro
Can anyone give me the sytax to goto - special - precedents so I can create a macro so I can assign to a hotkey and dont have to go through 4 steps ? Thanks, Yosef With A1=1 and D2=2*A1, and D1 as active cell: I recorded a macro for these steps: Edit|GoTo->Special->Precedence And the macro contained just one line: Selection.DirectPrecedents.Select best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "ynissel" <ynissel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA544BDE-3717-4953-A5E3-06191BC28373@microsoft.com... > Can anyone...

SQL query / Formula for Reorder Point?

How to Identify Records with Overlapping Dates
I need to be able to systematically identify any instance where there are overlapping date ranges in a data set. I need to pull records like those listed below out of a larger data set. I previously posted a question similar to this and was advised to pull the same table in a query, match on Member Number, and qualify that the product code from TableA did not match product code in TableA_1 where the Begin Date TableA was < Term date TableA_1 and TableA_1 Begin Date < TableA End Date. Which worked great for me finding overlapping records where the product was different, bu...