Date Formats #4

I'm trying to change the date format from an American to
an Australian format. I've tried to change the format in
format/cells, but checking the AU option doesn't apply
the changes and the example doesn't change as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Sammy!

Best may be to change your Regional Settings:

Start > Control Panel > Regional options
Change the country
Review the date forms offered
Apply

For a one off situation you can always pre-format with the Australian
date system by using Custom formats.

I believe that the setting of locale in Format > Cells only changes
the various options that are available. It doesn't change the default
for General format.

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
"Sammy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to change the date format from an American to
> an Australian format. I've tried to change the format in
> format/cells, but checking the AU option doesn't apply
> the changes and the example doesn't change as well.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance

0
njharker (1646)

WLM 4 -- Still Stepping On Itself
The recover unused space window opens up, upon the user's closing WLM -- for the designated periodicity. But then a file is apparently still being used and a warning window pops up if the user tries to immediately exercise the option to recover said space. This was fixed at one point in WLM 3 -- now it reappears. Bad Show. Can't this be rectified quickly? Delay the recover space window's opening until after the other file has closed. Thanks. Nancy This is not an ideal solution to this problem, which has existed since the days of Outlook Express. How...

changing the format of dates
I store dates in my database in a field with yymmdd as the format. Is it possible to then have a seperate column that displays the month of the entry as the 3 letter designator for the month? For example if the date column reads 071121, can the next column read "NOV"? thanks for the help ben -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com If you are storing dates as 6 digits (yymmdd) in a *Text* field, create a query and type an expression like this into the Field row: TheMonth: Format(DateSerial(Left([d],2), Mid([d],3,2), Right([d],2)), "MMM") Replace the [d]...

Date Format Problem
I have a worksheet with a column formatted as 022008 which is suppose to mean Feb 2008 or 02/2008. I can't seem to figure out how to change the cell format to reflect this. I want it to display 02/2008. In another cell enter: =LEFT(A1,2) & "/" & RIGHT(A1,4) or =DATE(RIGHT(A1,4),LEFT(A1,2),1) and format as mm/yyyy -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "Alain" wrote: > I have a worksheet with a column formatted as 022008 which is suppose to mean > Feb 2008 or 02/2008. I can't seem to figure out how to change the cell format ...

Now Date in IF statement
Hi all, I would like to be able to control the Complition Date on the form according to the Status field, that meens that: when the Status is "Completed", Completed Date Field will uptade the corrent date Or else leave blank. I have tried to put the calculation on the control source on the field properties: =iif([Status]="Completed",=Now(),"") But it doesn't work. I have tried also to put it as After Update Event Procedure: Private Sub Completion_Date_AfterUpdate() If Me.Status = "Comp-Completed" Then Completion_Date = Now() End If End Sub But t...

auto posting dates
Excel 97. I am printing labels for time cards. One side of the TC is for week 1 and the other for week 2. Each label shows the week start date and week end date (w1 -'10/23/05-10/30/05', w2 -'10/31/05-11/05/05'). Right now I key in the two date ranges on an info sheet to be inserted into the appropriate cells in the label sheets. I am trying to enter only one date and have the other three calculated, then inserted in the appropriate cells on the label pages (enter 10/23/05 and have the other three dates auto calculated, then insert 10/23/05-10/30/05 on side one label a...

BOM changes using out date
Is it possible to change the quantity on a compnent item in a BOM and have that change be date sensitive? We have a situation where the current BOM calls for 3 of an item. Begining on a certain date that quantit will change to 2 and a new item will be added to the BOM. Haven't found a way to handle this yet, other than remembering to change the particular BOM on the specific date. Any ideas? -- Jim@TurboChef Jim, Have you tried using the Effective and Obsolete Dates? Make the item with quantity of 3 obsolete on a specific date. Add the item to the BOM a second time with a q...

Conditional Formatting Again
Hi Everyone, I've looked around and so far I don't think I can have more than 3 items for conditions for my control on my report and I also read that you can't have wild cards for this but I thought I would give it a shot. There is a thread below with my exact question from the 20th but I can only see part of the thread. I was hoping I could perhaps work around the rule without using code. My field is called TherapyType. I want the control shaded in grey if these are the values.... "Vent", "Vent NCPAP", "HFNC Vent", "Ossilator Vent&qu...

Original Report format
We are about to upgrade our GP system to 9.0. Some of the reports/forms were modified before and the person in charge no longer with our company. We would like to compare the default GP reports/forms with our current reports/forms so as to determine if it is necessary to convert those modified reports/forms. Is there any way to get the original reports/forms just for comparison? Thanks Couple of ways to do this: 1) Create a new user and do not give them security tot he modified reports. Run the same reports and compare. 2) Change an existing users security so they no longer have se...

Message formats and errors
I have certain outside email recipients complain that they receive blank messages from our users. We have Exchange 2003 servers. Some email admin sent me email informing that I have one of my servers adding MIME preamble to the message which is causing errors. What is confusing is when I send them some test message with different formats (plain text, rich text, html) they get all messages but some are with blank bodies and I get same messages (I'm CC on it) on my home account fine. Have anyone come across this? From my test it would seem it's not our email system and rather the...

Using Dates As Column Headings
Hello, This is for Access 2003. I have a table, tblDates, that contains the following Fields that I want to use as the source for a report. pkProjDayID fkProjID dteProjDay What I want to do is to use dteProjDay as my column headings. Currenly I have the following dates that I want to use. 4/2/2010 4/5/2010 4/7/2010 4/9/2010 4/12/2010 4/14/2010 4/16/2010 4/19/2010 4/21/2010 4/23/2010 4/26/2010 4/28/2010 4/30/2010 Each of these dates needs to become a column heading. Additionally, I only want to use the day from each of these dates so that the headings are as ...

text format to date format
I have 2 question: 1. I export data from excel 4.0 to Access 2003, in Excel my data have text format, I want change data to date format... example my data in excel like this 2009-11-23-08.25.24 I want change to date format 23-11-2009 08:25:24 2. I have data like this CPN09003947-1-1-CPN31000006 and I want take that data until after "-", but some time count of data is different example HSJA22160061-1-1-SJA20900332 please help me,,, what can I do???? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/201004/1 ...

Can I prevent Excel converting to date format?
I was wondering if there was a setting or any way to prevent Excel from converting certain numbers to dates. e.g. 11/7 will be converted automatically to 11/07/2005. This appears as 11-Jul in the cell. This problem also happens with 11-7. This is very annoying because it would appear that there is actually no way of having two numbers (which happen to be low enough numbers to be dates) separated by a forward slash or a hyphen. Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet? If you're typing these values into the cell, you can either prefix them with a leading apostrophe: '11/7 ...

week No to date
Hi I have some data with the date reprisented by a week No I want to make a date on the Monday of that week in a seperate colum any advise please Hello Jon, As given by some guy called daddylonglegs: [citation from http://www.excelforum.com/excel-general/588185-formula-for-getting-data-from-week-number-reverse-weeknum.html ] =DATE(A1,1,A2*7-2)-WEEKDAY(DATE(A1,1,3)) A1: Year A2: Weeknum in year (ISO) Regards, Bernd Sorted Ta "Bernd P" wrote: > Hello Jon, > > As given by some guy called daddylonglegs: > [citation from > http://www.excelf...

losing dates after a few entries
Hello Group: I'm new, so this may sound stupid. (The Help program didn't help, but I did try). I'm setting up a very simple table, no formulas. Just names in column 1, and other data in subsequent columns. Problem: My second column is "date of procedure". I did not change the date format defaults. Everything goes fine for about 4 rows, then suddenly when I type in the date and go to the next cell, I get a series of double crosses where the date was. If I hover the mouse, the date shows. I tried deleting the whole column and starting again, but it does the same thing. T...

Conditional Formatting #66
Hello, I would like to apply a conditional formatting to certain cells and make the change colors if their values differs from "functional". However, I don't want this rule to apply to cells that have nothing entered in them yet. I use the Cell Value Is not equal to ="Functional" with the appropriate settings to format the text. My problem is that null cells get formatted as well. How can I get around this. Only color those cells that have non null value that are not eual to "functional"?? Thanks, Daniel Try the following... 1) Select your ran...

can someone tell me why this isnt working? #4
yea, i tried what you said earlier... still to no avail -- samccun ----------------------------------------------------------------------- samccune's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1459 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26365 ...

sumproduct and dates
How do you include dates ranges in a sumproduct formula and what's the format. eg: Column A has many dates in the format 08/11/04. I want to sum the values in column B where the dates in A are in the range 01/01/04 to 31/12/04. Many thanks Peter London, UK Hi =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100>=DATE(2004,1,1)),--(A1:A100<=DATE(2004,12,31)),B1:B100) or =SUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR(A1:A100)=2004),B1:B100) or =SUMIF(A1:A100,">=" & DATE(2004,1,1),B1:B100)-SUMIF(A1:100,">" & DATE(204,12,31),B1:B100) "Peter" wrote: > How do you include dates ranges in a su...

CRM 4.0 Queue
Hi, I am trying to setup a simple Queue in CRM. I associated an e-mail to the queue. The queue shows up in router configuration tool and I was able to run the forwarding rule on it. When I send an e-mail to mailbox associated with the queue, everything seems to be working fine at the router end - the e-mail gets forwarded to the forward mailbox and then gets processed. However, nothing shows up under the queue in CRM. What am I missing? Is there some specific steps I need to follow within exchange to setup the queue e-mail? Thoughts? Thanks, Shikhar Did you set Convert to e-mail a...

Excel PivotTable sort of dates
I have used pivot tables quite a bit in the last year. I have a pivot table with dates and can't get the sorting to work the way I would like. I want it to sort in ascending or descending order, but it is sorting like this: 9/19/2005 9/2/2005 9/20/2005 9/21/2005 9/23/2005 9/3/2005 9/4/2005 I have tried formatting the data source, and it is formatted using the mm/dd/yyyy format. Can anyone help? I would even be willing to send you the excel workbook if needed. Thanks. Todd Excel is probably seeing the dates in the source table as text. There are some techniques here that you c...

Mail Merge in CRM 4.0 #2
Hi We are in the process of testing the mail merge functionality in CRM 4.0. When we use the 'Print quote for customer' button all data is merged with MS Word successfully. However if we have multiple products or multiple line items, the additional product details are added on a seperate page and as different receipents. Does anyone know why this occurs and what a possible solution might be? I cannot believe that this would not be provided for correctly. Many Thanks Regards Mark Hi Mark, looks like your template gone south. I would carefully double-check the template to ma...

display date
i wanted to display ( 01-jan-1999 05-jan-1999 .......30-jan-1999 01-feb-1999 05-feb-1999 .. ... ...30-feb-1999 .. .. ....30-dec-2006) in a column of excel i know that there will be no 30th feb,but it's a requirement pls help Hi If you enter the dates as Text, rather than Excel dates you can do this. Prefix you entry with a single quote to force it to be text '30-feb-1999 -- Regards Roger Govier "eesh" <eesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C6E3828-9E16-4FE1-B509-072C877DCB49@microsoft.com... >i wanted to display > ( 01-jan-1999 > 0...

sumproduct using a date range
this is the formula that I've used before but not needing dates so I'm having trouble. =SUMPRODUCT(--('PO Numbers'!$K$4:$K$240=17407),--('PO Numbers'!$A$4:$A$240=1/0/7),'PO Numbers'!$J$4:$J$240) I need it to calculate if column K = 17407 and if in column A the date is between 7/1/2007 to 7/31/2007 to pull the numbers in column J. So my attempt at that is the =1/0/07 in the formula above. someone help. One way: =SUMPRODUCT(--('PO Numbers'!$K$4:$K$240=17407), --('PO Numbers'!$A$4:$A$240>=DATE(2007,7,1)), --('PO Numbers'!$...

How do I change dates on an inserted calendar in Publisher?
Publisher 2003 had an easy way to just change the month on an already formatted calendar. How do I do this in Publisher 2007? New, on the Format Publication task pane, click Apply a Template. Select calendars. All your choices are on the right. You may have to scroll down to see the "Set Calendar Dates...". -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "RonMGEe" <RonMGEe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC47AF6D-715E-4ABD-9752-05D634FD9C69@microsoft.com... > Publisher 2003 had an eas...

Display the Date not Week Number
Basic question (I hope). I have a report that groups meetings by week - currently the group header uses this: =Format$([MeetingDate],"ww",0,0) Naturally what you see on the report is the week number (like 44, 45, etc..). What I want dsiplayed is "Week Starting 11/4/2007" "Week Starting 11/11/2007" and so on... What do I need to do in order to accomplish this? Peter wrote: >Basic question (I hope). I have a report that groups meetings by week - >currently the group header uses this: >=Format$([MeetingDate],"ww",0,0) >Naturally what you ...

Formatting cells according to arrays
I want to create arrays out of columns (One array for each column) and format cells in the whole workbook according to these arrays. Meaning, whatever is in array 1 will have format x; whatever is in array 2 will have format y and so on. I also want to clear the format of any cell that its content is not in any of the arrays Can anyone help me? I new to this´┐Ż Hi if you only have 3 arrays you may take a look at conditional format and enter a formula like =COUNTIF(array1,your_cell)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mickey wrote: > I want to create arrays out of columns (One...