date format within a cell containing a formula

I am trying to display the date as 1/21/05 in a cell that contains a formula
with the date nested between text... i.e.

="The contractor will provide insurance by "&(Cell A8)&" and start work....

I have a front page where I input all my project criteria including dates
and then I have documents that have similar verbage as above and have dates
within in them...  I  currently stop my text right before the cell where the
date will be displayed and then start the text after the date cell...  I dont
like doing it this way.
0
Brushie76 (1)

="The contractor will provide insurance by " & TEXT(A8,"m/d/yyyy") & " and
start work.."

Hope this helps,
Gary Brown