Date Format when incoming date can be 0

I have a date fiels yyyymmdd which can have a value of 0 or a valid date in
recent past.
Excel displays the 0 date as 01/01/1900 and the non zero dates as expected.

Cant figure this out ,  any help would be appreciated.
0
NY10601 (1)

Excel uses a sequencial number from either 1/1/1900, or 1/1/1904 (depending
on your options) as the date value
for Example 6/3/2005 is 38506 using the 1/1/1900
if the cell is formatted as a date it is responding with the date it thinks
you mean.
If you want the cell to display a zero
=if(Date=0,"0",date)

"DP NY10601" wrote:

> I have a date fiels yyyymmdd which can have a value of 0 or a valid date in
> recent past.
> Excel displays the 0 date as 01/01/1900 and the non zero dates as expected.
>
> Cant figure this out ,  any help would be appreciated.
0
BJ (832)
6/3/2005 9:26:02 PM
yyyymmdd is not a valid excel date format, excel needs date deimiters or else
it will treat it as a number.. Excel year zero started on Jan 0 1900 so if you
put 0 in a cell it will return 01/00/1900, 1 will be 01/01/1900

If you get a date in yyyymmdd format, select it, do data>text to columns and
click next twice, select Date under column data format and from dropdown
select YMD
and click finish and it will be converted to a real excel date

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"DP NY10601" wrote:

> I have a date fiels yyyymmdd which can have a value of 0 or a valid date in
> recent past.
> Excel displays the 0 date as 01/01/1900 and the non zero dates as expected.
>
> Cant figure this out ,  any help would be appreciated.
0
PeoSjoblom (789)
6/3/2005 9:27:01 PM
Just to add to Peo's instructions.

Before you do the Data|Text to columns and before you format that column as a
date,

Edit|Replace
what: 0
with: (leave blank)
replace all

It's less typing than:
Edit|Replace
what: 01/00/1900
with: (leave blank)
replace all

--

Dave Peterson
0

can't send or receive emails

Access 97 can't resize database window

Showing 0 after decimal with ROUND

How can I get 32-bit Integers?

Date display in Excel

Can you delete Business Alerts?

Office 2007 forms

C# Adding Days to a Date
Hello, I have 2 objects: objContract.activeon and objContract.expireson. I am trying to add 364 days to objContract.activeon and assign it to the value of objContractexpireson. ---------------------------------------------------------- // Contract Start Date DateTime dt = DateTime.Now; objContract.activeon = new CrmDateTime(); int iFound = 0; string sTemp = ""; if (objAccount.paymenttermscode.Value == 1) // due on receipt - use Todays Date { objContract.activeon = objInvoice.CFDinvoicedate; } else // ...

formatting auto replies
Does anyone know of a method that allows outlook 2k2 to format automatic replies regardless of the format of the original message? I setup this automatic response rule that replies with a template, but problem is, when replying to http clients (hotmail or yahoo), the message at the receiver's end has words totally misplaced, all over the page. Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

Paragraph formating jumps to defaults.
Hi, We are using Office/Outlook 2007 We have an email signature script that is run when users login, it´s working ok except for two things; If the default paragraph settings in Word 2007 for a user matches those in the signature script, the signature will use the "Base defaults" of Word 2007, that is SpaceAfter = 10 and LineSpacing = "Multiple" with a value of 1,15. So if I change the script to use SpaceAfter=0 and the user has set his/her Word 2007 to use SpaceAfter=0, the result will be SpaceAfter=10. If the script is set to SpaceAfter=0 and the us...

can I snap wrap points to a text box

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Why ClassWiard can't see my Class?
I created a class(Class-A), derived a class(Class-B) which derived from CWnd class. When I used mouse right-click on the new-created class, it shows a popup-command-menu which missing "add virtual function" and "add windows message handler". From ClassWizard I couldn't see the new-created class either. I tried to delete myprogram.clw & re-issue ClassWizard, but it doesn't help. Anyone can help ? Thanks, Eagle "EagleChen" <xx@xx> wrote in message news:uRGde941DHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I created a class(Class-A), derived a class(C...

Formatting a subtotal line with a macro

Format for credit card numbers

Where is the lasso feature in 2008? (was in formatting palette in 2004)

Publisher can not save file