Date format problem #2

Dear All,
Please suggest me the solution of my problem,
as i m handling data for 60,000 in no.Some body in data
entry has enter the date in a cell in gernal format e.g
20.03.2003 tht is 20th march 2003, i wnt to convert in the
date fomat,like 3/20/03.. i tried ..but i failed to tht
please suggest some alternative solution for tht..becoz it
is not possible to do it mannually

waiting for the response
Thanks
NISHANT

Nishant

Try using Data/Text to Columns. and assign the information as a date.

Andy.

"Nishant" <nishant.khare@wipro.com> wrote in message
> Dear All,
> Please suggest me the solution of my problem,
> as i m handling data for 60,000 in no.Some body in data
> entry has enter the date in a cell in gernal format e.g
> 20.03.2003 tht is 20th march 2003, i wnt to convert in the
> date fomat,like 3/20/03.. i tried ..but i failed to tht
> please suggest some alternative solution for tht..becoz it
> is not possible to do it mannually
>
> waiting for the response
> Thanks
> NISHANT

0
andy2763 (218)
9/17/2003 7:45:35 AM
That's a lot of data for a spreadsheet!
If you can change the dates from 20.03.2003 to 20/03/2003
then Excel will recognise them as dates. You can then
change the Format of the cells using

Format > Cells > Number > Custom > mm/dd/yy

0
markem411 (20)
9/17/2003 8:22:10 AM
Andy!  You da Man!
I'm going to use this!
It'll save me a ton of work!

I'd check my windows regional settings first.

Make sure the short date format is set to show dmy (in that order).

If my short date were mdy (typical USA), then after the change, the value was
still text.

If I changed my regional settings and did the change, it worked fine.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Excel button problem

Linking files 2 ways

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Question -Problem

conditional formatting sort

AD Sync problem

More Columns #2

WCF Client serialization problem

Contacts in Exchange #2

message delivery problems

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

outlook 97 and express email problems

Having problem with spoofing email

Problem with Range

Goal Seek #2

number format with leading 0

Increment A2 from A1 and A2 Sum #2

sys menu problem in MDI
I have an MDI with 3 childwnd. Whenever group of views from chiuldwnd type X is shown the childwnd Y views and childwnd Z views are hidden via ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) when changing the activate frame. it works. But when I press the minimize box on the ChildWnd sys menu, i C all the views no matter what type are them. I want that when I press the system menu the other views types will still be hidden and the views of the vurrent type will be shown as minimize, how di I do it ? 10x. J. ...

Problem sending encrypted email in OLXP

Date/Day
Hi, How do I make Excell tell me the day that the Date corresponds to. Example: If I have 8/7/03 in a column, I want to be able to enter a formula in the next column such that Excell would tell me it is Thursday Thx Omer Omer, Look at the WEEKDAY function. From Help Syntax WEEKDAY(serial_number,return_type) Serial_number is a sequential number that represents the date of the day you are trying to find. Dates may be entered as text strings within quotation marks (for example, "1/30/1998" or "1998/01/30"), as serial numbers (for example, 35825, which represents...