Date Format #7

I want to display dates in the European format dd/mm/yy.

When I enter dates they appear in the American format mm/dd/yy.

Format Cells > Date in Excel only gives me the American format.

Regional Options in Control Panel are set to English (Ireland) with the
date format dd/mm/yy.

How can I change the date to European format in EXCEL?

Go to format cells, custom format, and enter dd/mm/y

Hi,

> I want to display dates in the European format dd/mm/yy.
>
> When I enter dates they appear in the American format mm/dd/yy.
>
> Format Cells > Date in Excel only gives me the American format.
>
> Regional Options in Control Panel are set to English (Ireland) with the
> date format dd/mm/yy.
>
> How can I change the date to European format in EXCEL?

I guess you're using Excel 97 or 2000.  In which case, you need to do
Format > Cells > Custom and give it a custom format of dd/mm/yyyy.  In
Excel XP and 2003, the first two entries in Format > Cells > Date are
'local' date formats.

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel
www.BMSLtd.co.uk

What is the formula for calculating the age (Expiry Date)
If an product is created on 5th of April and after 5 days i.e., on 10th of April it is considered as out of standard what is the excel based formula i can use.. Dates are just numbers (number of days since 0-Jan-1900) so you can do simple subtractions. E.g, =IF(TODAY()-DATE(2010,4,5)>=5,"Out Of Spec","OK") Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional, Excel, 1998 - 2010 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 10:04:01 -0700, Sanjeev <Sanjeev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If an product ...

SmartList Date Filters
I would like to see the date fields in SmartList reports to include last prior month or last prior period. Currently we can set dates to range from the "beginnging of month" to "end of month" . Auditing reports for prior month are useful. Currently we must change the date for each month and not have it roll forward. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this...

Calendar date shown incorrect
I have a bit of an issue using CRM3.0. One of my users is getting a strange error, when she selects the calendar date picker option to select a date while it correctly shows today as 04/04/2008, the calendar suggests it is a Saturday!! Anyone got any idea? Can you please let us know what time zone did the user set at and what timezone your system is at? That could be a bug in CRM 3.0 and MS might already have the hotfix for it. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Apr 4, 6:43=A0am, Will <W...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a bit of an iss...

Continuous dates and time
I have a instrument collecting data every minutes for many days (20 days). I would like to plot a line graph; however, I can not show the date and time in the chart. I do not want to show all the dates and time but I would like to show at least 4 to 8 dates and time per day. Any suggestion? Stonleyoh wrote on Fri, 27 Jan 2006 13:12:27 -0800: S> I have a instrument collecting data every minutes for many S> days (20 days). I would like to plot a line graph; however, S> I can not show the date and time in the chart. I do not S> want to show all the dates and time but I ...

Combo Box Showing numbers not dates
I have created a combo box with list of dates attached, but when I sellect a date from the list, it appears as a number (not date format). How do I change this? Thanks, Try: Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() With ComboBox1 .Value = Format(.Value, "mm/dd/yy") End With End Sub --- While in design mode, right-click on the combobox and select "View Code". HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have created a combo box with list of dates attached, but when I sellect a >date from the list, it appears as a number (not date format). How do I chan...

General Number Format
The General Number Format on my computer has changed to two decimals. When you enter 1 you get .01. This happens on all brand new worksheets. This is now the default setting for the General Number Format. How do I change it back to the original setting? Paul I believe that you asked this question at 13.03 today, and I responded to it then. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Paul Mc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ae7401c3ec20$d35b23e0$a00...

Outlook Address Book problem using Windows 7
I just got a new laptop with Wiondows 7, and MS Outlook. My Contacts imported fine, but my address book is blank. I have tried just about everything in outlook to straighten it out, but suspect its a problem with Windows 7 User account settings. I created a separate user in Windows 7, and can get the address book to work fine, but this would be a problem to implement becauase of all the customization for other programs. Question, in previous versions of Windows you could change the User preferences and profiles for Mail settings. Can anyone tell me how to do it in Windows ...

Automatic Dates
I don't even know what to call it....Sorry. What I want to do is... Put an initial date in one column, and have dates automatically calculated for 2 and 6-month increments. For instance.... Input date 2mo Review Date 6mo Review Date Any help would be appreciated by my co-workers and I. :D Debra Is this what you're looking for? Assuming that your input date is in cell A1: 2 Month Review Cell B1 =IF(DAY(A1)>DAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+3,1)-1),DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+3,1) -1,DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+2,DAY(A1))) 6 Month Review Cell C1 =IF(DAY(A1)>DAY(DATE(YEAR(A1)...

how to sort between 2 date
Hi there Please tell me how to data sorted between 2 date by advanced filter. I can only have data larger or smaller than a date but I can't make data in between two date. regards lalaexcel -- lalaexcel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lalaexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30585 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=533114 Create a helper column that tests the date to be between the ranges =AND(C2>=datevalue1,C2<=datevalue2) and sort by that column -- ...

How to insert the date the file was last altered on PP slide
In slide master ... I know how to get the current date that the file is being printed to appear on the slides, but how do I get the date that the file was last altered (or saved) to appear on the slides? The current date I am printing the document is really irrelevant if you have the last saved/altered date. I am not a programmer, just a frequent user of PowerPoint. What version of PPT? The wrong information is readily available in the meta data for the file. The last update date is usually when it was last opened. The best way to get this would be to set up a save event ca...

Negatives in SOP 7.5
No negatives are allowed in SOP 7.5? that's right if you want a negative, enter a return document HS <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:092401c4ad4f$8b872cd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > No negatives are allowed in SOP 7.5? Every order we process has a negative. We are trying to come up with alternatives for this but that is also requiring me to write a report, if possible, that gives me item number and g/l distribution and amount. Any ideas? >-----Original Message----- >that's right >if you want a negative, enter a return document >HS &g...

Upgrading Collections Management from 7.5 to 8.0
I'm trying to upgrade GP 7.5 to 8.0. Everything upgrades except collections management. I installed 8.0 SP3 before I did the upgrade (as instructed), but I keep getting invalid column lengths with Collections Management. Is there a way to manually run the upgrade process? I read the hot topic that said to install sp2 before you upgrade and it will automatically upgrade when you log into GP.... ...

Calculate Days between 2 dates
Hiya, I'm using the simple option =A1-A2 to calculate the days (in cell A3) between 2 dates. Now I want to do the same but if A2 is blank the cell A3 has to stay bank too. How will I do this in a nice option? =IF(ISBLANK(A2),"",A1-A2) Regards, Stefi „MR.WJCA” ezt írta: > Hiya, > > I'm using the simple option =A1-A2 to calculate the days (in cell A3) > between 2 dates. > Now I want to do the same but if A2 is blank the cell A3 has to stay bank too. > How will I do this in a nice option? > ...

Currency format
Hi, Using Excel 2000. Is it possible to make the 'Currency' button behave in the following way ? Format the number � sign leading, but not left justified. e.g. Typing in 1.34 into a cell (make it 300 pixels wide), it gives '� 1.34'. I'd prefer it simply to display the number � sign leading, immediately followed by the value (irrespective of how wide the cell/column is). i.e. �1.34 I know it picks up the rule from the Regional Settings, but it doesn't make the 'currency' button that useful at the end of the day. There's only 4 different types of...

Row Formatting #2
How can you have the text in every cell of a row change to a certain color based on the value of the first cell in the row? Example; IF A1= Rentals then the whole row's text would be in red and if A1 = Boats then it would be in Blue. Thanks, Chance Hi try the following: - select row 1 - goto 'Format - Conditional Format' - enter the following formula =$A1="Rentals" - choose your format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Chance" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:023b01c48f92$298e3800$a401280a@phx.gbl... > ...

VBA Code to select and format range
Hi All, I want to select a range of cells and format the range of cells based on a "offset" feature... The last couple lines in my code are: ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(R[-4]C:R[-1]C)" Where the active cell reference is a moving target depending on the amount of data in the worksheet. How do I now say - select this cell, plus other cells in this range of cells and format them with a border, and a color? I can't get the syntax right. I I record the macro, it only gives me this: range("I32:L37&q...

WIndow 7 Outlook 2007
Can anyone help please? In Outlook 2007 when setting up a calendar appointment the recurrence has been set as the default, so I cannot make 1 meeting, only a recurrence of the event. How can I change the default setting to 1 appointment as I do not have an option to change the recurrence when setting up. The only way around this currently is to set up a meeting as a recurrence, then go and change it later! Thanks Does this also happen when you use Outlook in Safe Mode? Start-> type; outlook.exe /safe If not, it is probably caused by an add-in that you have installed. For ...

RowFilter on Date field
I have loaded an xml file to a dataset and one of the fields being "UserDate" and has date values like <UserDate>2005-01-01T00:00:00.0000000-05:00</UserDate> I am trying to apply a row filter to this field and it doesn't seem to work dvCMonth.RowFilter = "Month(UserDate)=" & Now().Month dvCMonth.RowFilter = "Month(UserDate)='4'" no matter what I try, it doesn't work however, Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance. Manoj Das ...

Date Format 12-07-09
Dear Expert, Maybe for you,it's easy ... but I really cannot make it. Cell A1 is Date 21-Feb-1994 Cell B1 is Date 23-Mar-1994 I used A1&"/"&A2. I give a chance of numbers. I just want to display 21-Feb-1994/23-Mar-1994. Can you advise how to? =TEXT(A1,"dd-mmm-yyyy")&"/"&TEXT(A2,"dd-mmm-yyyy") .... or B1 if you want that instead of A2 ... -- David Biddulph "Elton Law" <EltonLaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE4F7265-3CAE-416A-8AF6-42A5B22AB408@microsoft.com... > Dear Expert, &...

Comment Formatting
I would like the default for my comments to be 8pt Ariel regular face and for the comment box to open without my name. How can I set the default for comments or where can I find information on setting the default for comments. I appreciate your help. WMD in Houston Hi WMD! To change default font size in comments: Start > Control Panel > Display > Appearance In Windows XP you need to click Advanced From the Dropdown select ToolTip and change font and size But be aware that this affects ToolTips generally and not just comments. Without VBA you can change the name using: T...

Page # format changes when I convert to web publication
I can't figure out how to change my page number format back to Arabic in my web publication. It changed to Roman numerals when I converted from print to web. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. PS - I'm using Publisher 2003 ...

Currency format won't centre
I have totals formatted as currency, no decimal positions. However, I cannot centre them too. Any ideas? Using Excel XP. Deborah Hi Deborah, You should be able to center the cell via Format>Cells>, click the Alignment Tab, and choose Center in the Horizontal box -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Deborah" <dmowry@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:6ff92db.0402230723.5a0b5673@posting.google.com... > I have totals formatted as currency, no decimal positions. However, I > cannot centre them too. Any ideas? > Using Excel XP. > Deborah &...

storing custom resource data in text format #2
Hi, When I try to insert a resource file, I can choose among standard resource types such as icon, bitmap, dialog, cursor and HTML. I wish to store some SQL text. When I try to insert this as a custom resource, it always assumes it to be binary data, which makes editing it from within the resource editor a pain in the ... So currently I am storing this under "HTML" type, as it is the only resource type that lets me insert text files. Is there some way for me to insert my own "SQL" resource type, and let the resource editor know that this category is "text" en no...

Re: Trying to Calculate a Projected Date
Hi! Doh! Must get to bed! =WORKDAY(Start_Date,15*5,Holidays) It's a 75 day course net of holidays and weekends. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "Norman Harker" <njharker@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:... > Hi jedicris! > > It looks to me like you want: > > =WORKDAY(Start_Date,15*7,Holidays) > > I think that the problem with the earlier method was playing around > yourself with working days....

Table of cells contains comingled text (A,B,C,1,2,3)-formated as .
Have a "Log sheet" of digital photo file numbers which has a column formated as text with alpha & numerical (formated as text) entries to designate the printing instructions for each file. So a cell may contain a single entry as "A" or "C" or "1" or "5" etc. or it could contain multiple combintations as "B,3" or "D,1,1" which give the lab instructions on what to print and how many of each unit to print. Need to total the number of "A" or "B" or "1" or "3" entries that occur ...