Date format #26

Our financial system uses the date format DD/MM/YYYY.
We can ODBC link to tables in the financial system databases and run queries
in MSAccess 2000. We can export data from the tables to MSEXCEL2000 and
maintain above date format.

If we export the same data from other applications (ie a report writer) to
MSExcel 2000, then the date changes to right justified MM/DD/YYYY where
DD<=12  and remain unchanged and left justified where DD>12. It is the actual
value of the date that changes.

Example:
1/7/2004 becomes 7/1/2004 (value changed from 38169 to 37993)
13/7/2004 remains unchanged.

Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know a consistant fix?

MK
0
MK1 (60)

insert DATE automatically #3
I have a worksheet,that has to be updated everyworking day of my company.How to insert today's date below yesterday's(or last working day) date in date column,what function will insert today's date automatically after 12 in midnight by considering the date is working day or not? Hi Tungana, See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm#autodate You should read the material at top as well, but it is an Event macro and is installed differently than other macros. Right Click on the workseet tab, View Code, plop in the code from the above. When you type something into ...

Change Date format
Hi we receive raw data in this date format. i tried using the format cells--> date --> choose the mm/dd/yy format ..but it does no work. Could there be something wrong with my excel settings (exce 2000). Thanks for your time. Apr 10 2004 2:55PM regards.... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Excel has stored the values probably as 'Text' after the import. Try the following: 1. format the cells with the format MMM DD YYYY hh:mm AM 2. Select an empty cell 3. copy this empty cell and select your range with the imported values 4. goto 'Edit - Paste Special...

Compare Now() to a European date
This is driving me nuts, I have a list of certificates. In column B their expiry dates are entered as Europeans, some at least, do. Like today would be 20080524. I want these cells to change colour with conditional formating. For instance becoming yellow when there is less than three months between now and the expiry date, and then becoming red when there is less than one month to expiry. Else they should remain without colour. I have read through a hundred posts dealing with similar needs and seemingly fine replies, but I get nowhere with my particular sheet. When I format my B cell as ...

Formula for date field
1.I have simple dates in one column (say column A) . 2.In the next column(Column B) I would like the date five months after Column A to be displayed.Eg if Column A has an entry of 9th June 2007,Column B should display 8th November,2007. 3.A simple formula does not do the job as this does not take into account the different number of days in different months! regards S.Sanatani Your post is a bit ambiguous since you don't really say how the different number of days in months should be handled. One way: A1: <date> B1: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+5,DAY(A1)-1) In articl...

Date Format turn to Year
Hi, I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years later. =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. Your help would be much apprecated. Thanks What's in A1? Are you sure it's a real date? "learning_codes@hotmail.com" wrote: > > Hi, > > I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years > later. > > =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. > > I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. > > Your ...

Opening and formating a CSV file?
Could someone remind me how to handle CSV files please? I had assumed the Text Import Wizard would pop-up when I use File|Open, but the data goes straight into the worksheet. (Presumably because it is not 'delimited'?) Without the Wizard at my side, how do I get each comma-separated field in its own column? -- Terry, West Sussex, UK Try renaming your .csv file to .txt Terry Pinnell wrote: > > Could someone remind me how to handle CSV files please? I had assumed > the Text Import Wizard would pop-up when I use File|Open, but the data > goes straight into the worksheet...

Formatting Cells in Excel 97

using dates Part 2

Today's date on an Active X Calendar
Could anyone tell me how to set the properties so that the ActiveX calendar I have in the database, displays the current date when the program is openend. I thought this would have been easy, but obviously not! Thanks for any help. CEL504 wrote: > Could anyone tell me how to set the properties so that the ActiveX calendar I > have in the database, displays the current date when the program is openend. > > I thought this would have been easy, but obviously not! > > Thanks for any help. http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.ms-access/msg/1564d683ede98f8c Jame...

Problem access variable in On Format
Hi, I'm using Access via Office XP Pro. I am trying to format the Zip Code on the detail line of my report. I have tried the following lines of code in both the On Format event and the On Print event: If len([PostalCode]) > 5 Then : : end if or if len(Me.PostalCode) > 5 Then : : end if In both events and either code, I receive the error message: Access can't find the field 'PostalCode' referred to in your expression. If I put "PostalCode" as the source of the report's control...

format a CD
Hi, how can I format a cd+rw re writeable disc aga ...

Excel keeps crashing when I try to format any cells?
Every time I try to format a cell in excel the program crashes on me. I've run a virus check and I can't find any viruses. I seem to have enough space on my computer. What could be the problem?? Does this occur only on one file, or any? If only on one, does it occur with that file if it is run on another machine? Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "AFlatt" wrote: > Every time I try to format a cell in excel the program crashes on me. I've > run a virus check and I can't find any viruses. I seem to have enough space > on my computer. What could be ...

Getting right date value
I setup my DTPicker control to be used only as a date control, yet I'm noticing that sometimes it will give back a date AND a time all in the same "value" variable. Since it appears that a variable of type "Date" can give back both a date and time, how can I eliminate the time half of a date value??? I might not be able to exactly control the DTPicker control to give me JUST a date, so I'm just curious what to do if it gives me back both a date & time. thank u Hi, Try this : Dim x as date x = cdate(clng(DTPicker1.value)) &qu...

Pivot Table formatting #6
When I format my pivot tables I have "preserve formatting" checked under "PivotTable Options", and "Autoformat Table" unchecked. Even so, I either lose portions of my formatting, or different formatting is applied when I refresh. Does anyone know what I am doing incorrectly or have any other suggestions? Thanks, Phil Other things to try -- if they don't work, you could record a macro as you refresh and reformat the pivot table. Then, run that when you want to update. --Instead of selecting the cells to format the numbers, right-click the field but...

Custom cell formatting
I need to create a custom format for a series of cells that will begin like this. I can't figure out what the code character is fora volitile potentially alpha character. Can anyone help me?? -Monica, Dallas 000000 000001 000002 .... 000009 00000A 00000B 000010 000011 ...... Monica something like this might work for you but you'll need to put all the leading digits in for the entry with the alpha character Regards Trevor "MDavison" <davison@fr.com> wrote in message news:#SD0tUzTEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I need to create a custom format for a series ...

Auto formatting features: How do I align page numbers in publicati
I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can someone help me? Cissy99 wrote: > I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to > the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can > someone help me? You need to create a two-page master rather than a one-page master. What version of Publisher are you running? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Keyboard shortcut for current date and time
Hi, Ctrl+ ; inserts current date and Ctrl+Shift+; inserts current ti me Ctrl+Shift+; inserts the current time with the date serial as 0 and not the current date's date serial. Presently I am adding the two (ie current date and time) to get the current date and time. Is there a keyboard shortcut that does this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Raj CTRL+; then SPACE then CTRL+SHIFT+; -or- =Now() -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware "Raj" <rspai9@gmail.com> wrote in message Hi, Ctrl+ ; inserts current dat...

Formatting
I've always used MS Word as my email editor in Outlook. Is this possible in Live Mail. Nope. I'm afraid that's only possible using Outlook. In WLM you have to use the built in editor. Is there anything in particular that's lacking from the built in editor that you're looking for? Colin Brown WL MVP "jrchambe" <jrchambe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5EC21892-D39F-4219-AB0F-47BC14E1CD36@microsoft.com... > I've always used MS Word as my email editor in Outlook. Is this possible > in > Live Mail. "...

Formating
Hi, In a Column 'A' sales Commission is calculated and resulta is as 250, 200, 300, 330. I wanted to format a cell with a Blinking colours where value is 100 to 250, 250 to 300, 300 to 350 and 350 & above. please help to format my sheet ... thanks Ismail, Getting your cells to "blink" is not in the standard Excel formats What you want would require some extensive programming, certainly, ou of my capabilities. However, there are some great things you can do with Excel' CONDITIONAL FORMATTING. Let's say in column A you have numbers that are the result of formu...

Transaction dates a day early
Hello, Using M06 with direct connect & bill pay to my bank, the downloaded transaction dates entered are a day early in Money. If I view my account through my bank's web interface, the date would show as I'd expect (e.g. 11/21) for a given transaction. But when viewing my account in M06 (again directly connected/downloaded from bank), that same transaction has a date of 11/20. All transactions from this bank seem to "post" a day early in Money. I do let Money change the transaction date from what I entered to what the bank says (that's the way I want it). I a...

input date
hi all, is this possible: i will type 011005 and then excel will automatically format it as 01/10/05 and will be treated as date? thanks. Rufino Only with VBA code or a function in another cell, there is no way with the user interface of doing this automatically -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "rufino palacol jr" <rufinojr54@gawab.com> wrote in message news:%23Ve5wjg%23EHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi all, > > is this possible: i will type 011005 and then excel will automatically > fo...

Date Elimination
I have a worksheet with mainly dates in column A in the format of '25 Aug 2008'. Is it possible with a macro or similar to delete lines beyond a certain date (2 years hence)? Basically, I'm not interested in data more than 2 years old. This would eliminate a lot of data and make for a more viewable worksheet. try this Sub del_date() ActiveCell.Range("A1").Select Do Until ActiveCell.Value =3D "" dt =3D Date - 730 If ActiveCell.Value <=3D dt Then ActiveCell.ClearContents ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select Else ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select End If Loop End ...

Extraneous formatting codes in Index
Hi, Strange problem. I'm indexing a 500 page book. There are a couple hundred index entries. Maybe a half dozen of the entries come through in bold. There is no visible reason for this. The original entries in the text do not have a bold code anywhere near them. Suggestions? Hello Jim Jim Speiser wrote: > Strange problem. I'm indexing a 500 page book. There are a couple hundred > index entries. Maybe a half dozen of the entries come through in bold. > There is no visible reason for this. The original entries in the text do not > have a bold ...

sort special text/numbers in format with many dots
Hi I need your help with sorting in Excel! I have mani Text fields with numbers into it. As example: 1 5.1 1.2 10.2.1 1.2.3 2 2.1.5 3 3.2.1.1 3.3.1.1.1 And it should sorted like this 1 1.2 1.2.3 2 2.1.5 3 3.2.1.1 3.3.1.1.1 5.1 10.2.1 How can I sort this like numbers? My problem is, that not all Numbers have the same format as x.x.x.x! And I can't change this Text-Fields to Numbers, because 10.6.1 looks the like 37052 :-( Any suggestions? Thx Marco Hi With your data in column A, insert a blank column at B. In B1 enter =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND(".",A1)),LEFT(A1,FIND(".&q...