Date Error - HELP!

Hello,

Any help on the following matter would be greatly appreciated...

I recently upgraded from Windows 95 to Windows 98 (yes, I realize the
year is now 2005) and when I tried accessing one of my Excel
spreadsheets, the dates were all whacky...

For instance, what used to show as 05-Feb-2005 now appeared as
"05<>Feb<>2005" (where <> is actually a small square).  When I input a
new date, it treats the entry as text as opposed to a date.  This is
even though I format the cell to recognize the entry as a date.

Has anyone experience this before?

I've been able to find one or two such instances on the group before
but cannot seem to locate a solution.

Like I said, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike
0
gpgmike (1)

The first place I'd look is in:
windows start button|settings|Control panel|regional settings applet
date tab

Check the format for your dates.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Business Portal
Error: Cannot retrieve currency settings for this company. Try configuring your web site again. If the problem persists, contact your server administrator for assistance. Hi, If anybody know the solution for the below error ,please help. Regds, Jothi krishnan "Jay" wrote: > Error: Cannot retrieve currency settings for this company. Try configuring > your web site again. If the problem persists, contact your server > administrator for assistance. ...

Help question answer please up grading from 2000-2003
I am updating from office outlook 2000 to 2003. I am not comp. savy but trying to do a safe update and need some advice. I backed up all office files, contacts e-mails etc to a PST. When I installed 2003 disk it asked me to remove 2000 first. So I asume the procedure I would do is to add/remove 2000 install 2003 and import back the PST. sounds easy I thought since this was a update that it did everything Automactily Should my 2000 PST back up restore to the 2003 office when installed ? If I remove 2000 I have no disks to reinstall if things should go south thats why I am ...

DPM 2010 RC - EUR Issues - Error ID 3123
I have been presented with the following situation: ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Servers OS: 2008 R2 Clients: Vista, Windows 7 Existing DPM: 2010 RC PROBLEM: Unfortunately the network was recovering from a forced-removal of the previous DPM 2007 SP1 Server. The Server was simply removed from the network without de-installation. DPM 2010 RC was subsequently installed and appeared to be working correctly except for EUR (End user Recovery). According to the admin the EUR AD wizard was run successfully. Users are not able to view previo...

errors while trying to send / receive messages thru hotmail (using Outlook 2003)
I use Outlook 2003 I've tried to configure Hotmail on Outlook 2003 I keep getting the following errors while trying to send / receive messages thru hotmail (using Outlook 2003) -------------------------- errors -------------------------- Task 'Hotmail - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' --------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Pivot Chart/Report Help
I need some serious help here. I've been trying to figure this one out for 3 days now and I'm getting nowhere. I've searched google extensively for anyone else that might have been having this issue but come up with nothing. OK, I have a very simple pie chart created in Access 2003. It is basically just a form in which the default view is set to "Pivot Chart." If I view this on the screen, it looks fine. If I print out the form, the chart is upside down and backwards. If I print out the report in which the form is a sub-report, the chart is upside down and backward...

Help in displaying in a cell
I had type in a number of words (< 400 word count based of microsoft works) in a excel spreadsheet, but the cell only display ############ wrap text option is checked, What's the exact problem? Using excel 2007 Is the cell formatted as Text? Apply a General format to it instead. Also, you can insert manual line breaks as you enter the text using Alt-Enter. Hope this helps. Pete On Jul 3, 9:59=A0am, "crapit" <biggerc...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I had type in a number of words (< 400 word count based of microsoft works= ) > in a excel spreadsheet, but the c...

sqlcmd and Error(s) to a file
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms162773.aspx sqlcmd File Names sqlcmd input files can be specified with the -i option or the :r command. Output files can be specified with the -o option or the :Error, :Out and :Perftrace commands. =========above lines are from the URL listed above============= Ok. If I set this command, I get the desired behavior: :Error "./myerrors.txt" (The desired behavior being, if no errors occur, then that file is created, however, it is empty, which is a great indicator for "nothing bad happened") ================= ...

Error after Outlook reinstall
This would pop up. Error - Could not obtain Microsoft Outlook version Also, I can't install the microsoft updates to outlook because it says because it doesn't know it's version. -- Kate So what version of Outlook did you re-install -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "SFKate" <SFKate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F6F470A-D977-42CE-A342-909DAA07FE2A@microsoft.com... > This would pop up. Error - Could not obtain Microsoft Out...

database error SNOW LEOPARD
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel have just installed snow leopard which crashed my comp and required a format of disc. On reinstallation of software - OFFICE . I cannot open Entourage 08. When I attempt to do so, it tells me I have to rebuild the database in utility and then it shuts down. When I go to the database utility, there is not database listed. If I choose rebuild, my only option is to quit. Therefore, Entourage will not open. I do receive the same data rebuild message in Excel and Word Hi David, Entourage needs its database in ~/Documen...

GP BOM should be able to select variable BOM from date or range
I had a request from prospect to see if GP could allow their Mfg Mgrs to create a cutoff or date range from which to select different BOMs. For example: They wish to change ingredients used in a dietary supplement starting Tuesday. Work orders from Tues onward would use an alternate BOM. All work orders prior to Tuesday would used the original BOM. There are other similar scenarios. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the...

cannot change part of a merged cell
This is the error a user receives when he tries to copy one cell into another made up of 3 merged cells. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. Is this a fluke? thanks, dominique Copying one cell to a merge of three cells should work. Are you "sure" it is only one cell that is being copied each time? Maybe "sometimes" it is one cell and "other times" more than one. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 14:02:57 -0400, "Dominique Schroeder" <dmschroe@woodmeistercorp.com> wrote: >This is the error a user receives when he...

Unable to send e-mail and get error message when opening live mail
This is the message I get Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'pic' Server: 'post.camtel.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No I call server and all is well. Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting change...

Please help me with my Excel
I have got a new lap top and I have a good antivirus and spyware. my pc works good but once I open Excel my CPU jumps up to %100 and the strange thing is that when I click on other programs my CPU comes back to %4. The more strange thing is that when for example I press F2 to edit a cell , CPU works good but when I press Enter, again it goes back to %100. Here our IT man reinstalled my MS-Office and he did some other exotic operations but there was not any slightest change and the problem is still existing and going on my nerve. Please scientists help me ! I work with Excel 7 hrs per day ...

Strange 5.2.1 error
Greets, Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003. I have a public folder that is e-mail enabled, that certain users send to. Everything works fine, except for one user, who gets a 5.2.1 error when she sends to that public folder. I have obtained the Hot Fix referenced in 870585, but that did not fix it. Further, I have verified that every group that she is a member, the Exchange Enterprise Servers group has read perms to. I have cross-referenced group memberships comparing users who CAN send to the folder with her perms, and narrowed it down to possible groups. I am going to remove he...

HELP PLEASE #6
i HAVE JUST SET UP OUTLOOK... I got a memo today, a pop up that said that Outlook can get rid of your spam.I thought it was from Microsoft. Now I have another tool bar on my internet and I hate it. Worse than that, I keep getting pop ups. How do I remove it.It is called SpamBlockerUtility. Relamb111@aol.com thanks look for spamblockerutilityblockerutility "rhory" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4a0d01c47396$e1bdd6a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > i HAVE JUST SET UP OUTLOOK... I got a memo today, a pop > up that said that Outlook can get rid o...

Subquery help PLEASE! :P
Hi all. I'm about to throw in the towel on this subquery. I've checked it and rechecked it. OK, as an overview, I have two tables, one of names of industries (automotive, energy, etc) named tblIndustries. I have another table of stock market company symbols, called tblSymbolsMain. This table has an industry type as a field for each stock symbol. I've written a function (that works great) called MultiDayPerfClose that returns a performance in terms of percentage of a stock. What I'd like to do is get an average of performance returns for each industry. I'm usin...

Unable to open html attachment in outlook 2000 (Please help)
Currently using outlook 2000. Got an attachment html link. Click open, a new windows --> system32 opened. Click onto the attachment again, Click save as, into my computer, double click the link, then it able to open in IE. Q: Why can't I open it directly, instead I have to save the attachment before open the html file. Please help. Thanks & Regards James something is messed up if it's opening a windows explorer window. I think you'll need to reregister IE. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for ...

Help: Transferring sent items to IMAP 'sent' folder
Hi, Someone somewhere must know an easy fix for this. The University in which I work is looking to change it's default e-mail program for staff from OE6 to either Outlook XP or 2003. The problem we're trying to find a solution to is the transferral of sent messages to an IMAP 'sent' folder. There is a Microsoft KB article ( 198852) that instructs how to set up a rule using the 'Rule Wizard' which will perform the task. The article says it only applies to OL '98 but we've tested it and it works for OL XP. What we need to know now is how to automate the appli...

An error accurs while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM
Dear all, i have a problem in uploading the report in CRM 3.0 I had already 'full' reinstall CRM, but the error still occurs. I also cannot create a new categories of reports. When i click 'OK' it cannot appears in the categories list!! Here is the error message. "Error Uploading report! An error accurs while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM. Try adding the report again, if this problem continues, contact your system administrator" I use Win2003 Server Standard Edition with SQL 2000 Server, develope with Visual Studio 2003 and SQL Reporting Services. I a...

Access 2007 error when sending email through Outlook 2007
I send email using this module: Sub sbSendMessage(argRecipient, argFrom, argSubject, argBody, argUserKey, argNbrEmail) Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim objOutlookMsg As Outlook.MailItem Dim objOutlookRecip As Outlook.Recipient Dim objOutlookAttach As Outlook.Attachment Dim tmpRecipient As String Dim tmpSubject As String Dim tmpBody As String Dim tmpFrom As String Dim tmpUserKey As Long Dim tmpNbrEmail As Integer tmpRecipient = argRecipient tmpSubject = argSubject tmpBody = argBody tmpFrom = argFrom tmpUserKey = argUserKey ...

Unable to display folder error message--HELP
Since having Windows XP reinstalled last week, I have a new problem with Outlook 2002. I've used Outlook for several months for contacts and calendar, which I hotsync with a Palm. I do not use Outlook for email, as I use Netscape. I am not on a network. This is the problem. Both the Calendar and Contacts work fine for awhile and then I get the following message when I either click on Calendar or Contacts: C:\Documents & Settings\username\Local Setting\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is already in use by the maximum number of applications. Close some of these app...

Error with the Deployment Manager- access to the file \CRM\_xslfiles\1_Create.xsl refused
Dear all, Dear all, Configuration: CRM 1.2 on a SBS2003 with the rollup 1.2 I 'm unable to deploy my customization . Indeed, as usual i created some new customization fields through the deployment manager and i added them to the account form. No problem with this. But when i launched the Deployment Manager for publishing it failed after a while and it seems there is a problem to access to the following ..xsl file: ...\CRM\_xslfiles\1_Create.xsl. Before i didn't have this problem. Strange? In the event log i have the message: "Erreur ProcessImportWorkItem : Access to the file &...

Date calculations
I have a pre-given date and want to know the resulting date after adding a certain number of days in pre-given date. Mathematically it is like: pre-given date + days = resulting date Pregiven date is in one cell of a table on presentation and days and resultings date are in their own cells each. Thanx in anticipation EXCEL 2007 Cell A1:- 01/04/2010 Cell B1:- 10 Cell C1:- =(A1+B1) This gives the answer 11/04/2010 in cell C1. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "kharal" wrote: > I have a pre-given ...

integration manager error: Scrolling window link table not on form
We've had this integration running for the last couple of years and today it stopped. I get this error: "DOC 1 ERROR: Scrolling window link table not on form." regardless of whether I run it on new or processed data. I think this causes the balance of the documents to fail. Here is the full log. Integration Log Integration: AR Sale Invoice Upload (ID: 41) Action: None Start Time: 8/16/2006 12:40:03 PM 8/16/2006 12:40:03 PM Source: IIntegrationEngine_Run, Status Code: 0 Opening source query... 8/16/2006 12:40:03 PM Source: IIntegrationEngine_Run, Status Code: 0 ...

Thumbnails: Entourage and MS Word help screens
I use OS 10.3 and Office 2004 for Mac 11.2.1 (recently downloaded the upgrade). For several weeks, Entourage messages and Microsoft Word help screens have been previewing and printing only as thumbnails. I know that Preview tends to reduce the size of documents so they will show in the small viewing window, but on my machine Entourage messages and Microsoft Word help screens preview in microscopic text--and print that way, too. The text is about 2 pts. This happens when I use any of the three printers in our office. I've noticed that while the preview PDFs are up on screen the "actu...