date calculation #4

I am using excel for a inventory list and need to track the number o
days an item has been in-stock. How can I create a formula to show m
the number of days from the date entered to today's current date

try
=today()-e8 formatted as a number
or datedif
=DATEDIF(E8,TODAY(),"d")

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"steveb1 >" <<steveb1.1bgere@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I am using excel for a inventory list and need to track the number of
> days an item has been in-stock. How can I create a formula to show me
> the number of days from the date entered to today's current date?
>

> ---

Don
8/23/2004 6:42:05 PM
if your Date Entered was j5 then
=sum(now()- J5
or
=sum(Date-J5)
Now() = mm:dd:yy hh:mm:ss
Date = mm:dd:yy

0
anonymous (74722)
8/23/2004 6:43:22 PM
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:43:22 -0700, "Frank Stone"

>if your Date Entered was j5 then
>=sum(now()- J5
>or
>=sum(Date-J5)
>Now() = mm:dd:yy hh:mm:ss
>Date = mm:dd:yy

Entering "sum" is unnecessary.

=today()-Date_Entered

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)

Inventory Transfer Out #4
Hi can someone tell me how to solve a problem where you have Store A doing an inter store transfer to store B and when the store connects the transfer is not received by Store B. I have issued and committed the transfer and still nothing happens. Please someone help me. Thanks. -- Kay Make sure in HQ Configuration both "Automatically create inter-store.." options are checked. Also allow 401 to run for the store A first and then for the Store B. "Kay" <Kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A5A22B2-1B69-4965-A6E2-926F725BBA33@microsoft.com... &...

Error when add new user #4
Hi, dont know when it happened. When I add new user to production MSCRM 4, there is an error message (An error Has occurred.....). However, when I try to add this user to my test CRM, it can successfully add without any problem. Both servers are running the same spec and version. I tried to add different users to production but all failed. I have set the deverror to ON but the error message still appear as An error has occurs. Apart from that, I have used CRM diagostic Tool but cannot see anything unusual from the log. I have even run the repair but effort is all wasted. Please He...

Chapter 4 favorite feature
My Favorite feacture on Windows Vista is that the system lets you know when something is going to download onto your computer by making you answer yes or no, if you want it to download or not. We're glad you are happy. "Bruce Schuety" <cschuety@clearwire.net> wrote in message news:%236$VOzZrKHA.1800@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > My Favorite feacture on Windows Vista is that the system lets you know > when something is going to download onto your computer by making you > answer yes or no, if you want it to download or not. And this has what to do...

Calculated Control Refers to Multiple Reports
I have five reports, which for formatting reasons cannot be combined into one. They all open automatically with one command and need to be paginated as if they are one report. The number of pages for each report will differ depending on the data entered for each record. Pagination for each report sums the total number of pages ([Pages]) for the previous reports. The calculated control in the reports looks like this: report name: Report 2 control name: NewPage control source: =[Reports]![Report1]![Pages]+1 report name: Report 3 control name: NewPage control source: =[Reports]![Report1...

Formulas for race game (position calculation after each round)
Hi. I have a worksheet like the following: Player's Name-----Round1(R1)-----R2-----R3...-----Total Score====Position after R1-----Pos.(R2)-----Pos.(R3)... Position is calculated based on the score accumalted (the more scores, the better) so far. Eg: Postion after R1 depends on score got in R1. Position after R2 depends on score got in R1 & R2. Position after R3 depends on score got in R1 & R2 & R3. Q: What formulas should I use to calculate the positions up to different rounds? I think I can use RANK functions, but it seems I need to set SUM formulas to calculate total scores...

Formula for calculating Gross Profit with muktiple discounts #2
List Price less Disc1 less Disc2 equals Net Price. Sell price less net price equal profit divided by sell price equal gross margin percentage. $10 less 50% less 10% =$4.50. Sell for $12.50. $6.00 less $4.50 =$1.50. $1.50/6.00 = 25% GP. All of these figures are in cells of their own. Cannot get this to calculate correcly. Please help! Urgent CARM Wrote: > List Price less Disc1 less Disc2 equals Net Price. Sell price less net > price equal profit divided by sell price equal gross margi > percentage. > > $10 less 50% less 10% =$4.50. Sell for $12.50. $6.00 less > $4....

Dates in Formulae
Dear all, Suppose I want to create a basic formula eg one which adds 6 months to a date, how would I do it? Doing it by date + 6 months worth of days will obviously not work as the number of days in 6 months will vary. Any thoughts? Thanks, Danny Hi Danny, =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+6,DAY(A1)) But do think about what you want the day to be in case the source date is, for example, august 31. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Aardvark" <djurmann@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23cU8IWF0DHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Dear all, > > ...

Converting a Date
I have a column with dates in the format mm/dd/yyyy. I would like to have an additional column the will give me only the month and another only the year, all from the above date column Pls Advise. Thankyou. Do not store the month and year in other columns. Instead extract the month and years using the Month() and Year() functions. They will give you number of both. For example today (March 19, 2010) will show up as 3 for the month. If you need to see March instead of 3, use the Format Function something like below: Format([TheDateColumn], "MMMM") -- Jerry Whi...

Date Changes to 01/00/00 when i enter any date.
Using XL2003, I have a problem. When i enter a date in cell, such as 08/25/10, or use the shortcut Ctrl ;, XL displays 01/00/00 in the cell instead. I have formatted the cell as a date. What can I do to fix this problem? Thank you so much. Tonso ...

Create Formula
I need to create a formula where I add a set number of Networkdays to a start date. Example: Start Date = 1/2/07 Number of Networkdays = 21 End Date = Is calculated If Start = 1/2/07 and 21 Networkdays are added, what is the retured end date???? I can only find example of Networkdays where I would be providing the Start and End Dates, and it will calculate the Networkdays. I can't find example where End Date is calculated based on the number of networkdays from start date. Can anyone help with a valid formula for this? Thanks!! ...

Contract Date Issue
Basically, you create a contract normally. However, when you go to add a contract line, you get a date error. Apparently, the system thinks that the contract line start and/or end dates are outside the contract start and end dates, even though the contract line defaults to the using the contract start and end dates (i.e. the dates on the line match those on the contract). I know this must be a data type issue with the datetime values. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix? On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:08:14 -0500, "Tim Powers" <tim.powers@rimrock.com> wrote: ...

Activity without date
In my current project plan I know a few activities that will be conducted, more specifically meetings that are important. Now, I don't know the date they will happen yet and I want to indicate that by adding the activity but not entering a date. Is that allowed in MS Project? Since Project is designed to calculate dates, not only can you enter a task without a date, you should be entering ALL tasks without dates and then Project tells you when you should schedule them. -- Steve House MS Project Trainer & Consultant "Hertsh" <Hertsh@discussions.microsoft....

Archiving broke
Outlook is not archiving most of my deleted and sent items. Yes, I've read about making sure the modification date is within range as well as making sure these folders are set to archive. THE SETTINGS ARE CORRECT. I heard somewhere that if the msgs modification date is "none", then Outlook interprets this a 1/1/4501 (and empty date) and therefore things don't get archived (my deleted and sent items). Anyone heard if this is true...and if so, is there a workaround?????? Amil Why are you keeping deleted items? If you need to keep them they should be in a specific Folder...

Excel importing dates from a RTF in a macro
If I open a RTF with a date in, the date appears as it does in the original RTF. If however, if I run Office 2000 and record the above event using a macro, when played the date swaps the mm and dd round (without changing the properties, so in fact the mm is now the dd and the dd is now the mm) This only occurs if the dd is 12 or below in value for obvious reasons. I then tried to open the RTF date column as text, and then change the column properties after it is imported. This does work fine, but I am using the Application.Filesearch and am not sure how to integrate the OpenText function whic...

Combining date and time into one cell
I have the date (m/dd/yy) in one cell and time (hh:mm) in another cell. How can I merge these two in one cell with the format m/dd/yy hh:mm ? Thanks. Date in A1, time in B1, combined in C1: formula is =A1+B1 and format as you describe. On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 14:03:02 -0800, "Kelly C" <KellyC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have the date (m/dd/yy) in one cell and time (hh:mm) in another cell. How >can I merge these two in one cell with the format m/dd/yy hh:mm ? > >Thanks. =TEXT(A1,"m/dd/yy ")&TEXT(B1,"hh:mm") is one way -- HT...

Using SUMIF to add data between a range of dates
Hi, I am developing a cashflow spreadsheet, and need to add a range of values (in column B) based on the criteria that they are relating to a set week, ie in column B has the amount to be paid, and column C has the date the amount is due. I need to find out the total amount due between 2 dates. Does anyone know how I can do this? Hi With start date in B20 and end date in B21 try this: =SUMIF(C2:C5,">=" &B20,B2:B5)-SUMIF(C2:C5,"<="&B21,B2:B5) Regards, Per "Jaspa" <Jaspa@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen news...

Issue Migrating Attachments in CRM 4.0
Hi, We are migrating data to MSCRM 4.0. We're using the Data Migration Manager and everything seems to be mapping/migrating fine correctly except for attachments. We have followed the suggested steps in preparting notes/attachments to be migrated, including: 1) Creating the Notes.csv file with and entity column, a unique id column, and a filename column (filename of the attachment). 2) We have placed all the files that are to be attached, in a sub-folder of the folder that contains the Notes.csv file, and named the sub-folder "Attachments". The files are not that large an...

International date formats
When performing an Edit, replace on the cell value 10.09.03 (a system genereated date vale of 10th Sep 03) replaceing the . with /, Excel (and in VBA when recorded as a macro) sometimes changes the cell value to 09/10/03 (9th October 03). This is driving me potty and have spent a vast amount of time on it trying to work out what Excel is doing!!!! My Regional settings are set fro the UK. Any ideas anyone? "Mike" <michael.may@npower.com> wrote in message news:2d44701c39483$97f77730$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When performing an Edit, replace on the cell value > 10.09.0...

Auto fill cells with dates, exclude weekends?
What I'm doing is filling in multiple cells with dates (by dragging and filling) automatically. I was wondering if there was anyway for it to skip the weekends within the dates? Thanks in advance. Hi Sam rather than dragging with the left mouse button down, drag with the right .... when you let go you'll see an option for fill weekdays. Cheers JulieD "Sam Weber" <sam@hostradius.com> wrote in message news:af3901c4796d$85dff660$a501280a@phx.gbl... > What I'm doing is filling in multiple cells with dates > (by dragging and filling) automatically. I was wo...

Entourage 2008 (12.2.4 update) meeting invites
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I can't seem to send meeting invites from Entourage. I click on &quot;Invites&quot; and then enter an email address the &quot;send now&quot; button gets greyed out. Also, when an invite is received from Outlook the &quot;accept, decline and tentative&quot; buttons are greyed out as well. Right click option is the same too. We are using Exchange 2007 and any help would be appreciated... On 3/15/10 3:55 PM, Maunir@officeformac.com wrote: > I can't...

Using AVERAGEIFS to calculate average rating for programs-Reposted (was unclear)
Here is an example for the Rating database: Date Start Time End Time Channel 1 Channel 2 Channel 3 Channel 4 Channel 5 Channel 6 Channel 7 Channel 8 Channel 9 Channel 10 1/2/2010 06:00 06:15 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1/2/2010 06:15 06:30 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1/2/2010 06:30 06:45 0.1 0.1 0.1 0.1 0.1 0 0.1 0.2 0.2 0.1 1/2/2010 06:45 07:00 0.2 0.2 0.1 0.2 0.2 0.1 0.2 0.1 0.1 0.1 1/2/2010 07:00 07:15 0.2 0.1 0.2 0.2 0.2 0.2 0 0 0.1 0.1 1/2/2010 07:15 07:30 2.5 0.1 0.2 0.2 0.2 0.2 0 0 0.1 0.3 1/2/2010 07:30 07:45 2 0.1 0.2 0.2 0.2 0.2 0 0 0.1 0.2 1/2/2010 07:45 08:00 3 4 0.2 4 0...

downloaded transaction date
There used to be a setting in prior versions of Money to not overwrite your money file with the downloaded transaction dates when matching transactions. Does anybody know how to make that change in Money 2005? I've not had any luck finding it. Thanks. -z I found the setting - tools/settings/online services/uncheck the 'overwrite transactions' box. Cheers, -z "zender" <anonymous@aol.com> wrote in message news:uelFWDVuEHA.2788@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > There used to be a setting in prior versions of Money to not overwrite > your money file with t...

Automatic date editing
Hi When I edit a cell, I would like to know if the last editing date could be shown automaticly next to it example ID Value Last date value was edite Refrigerator $945.00 12/1/200 Thanks... Hi Marcio You can do it with the change event of the worksheet This example will place the date/time in the B column if you change a cell in the range A1:A20. Place the code in the Sheet module Right click on a sheet tab and choose view code Paste the code there Alt-Q to go back to Excel Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Tar...

Excel Re-calculation 2000 compared to 2003
My company has recently deployed MS Office 2003. The previously deployed version was Office 2000. One of our users has an 11MB financial workbook that contains lots of formula. Mostly of IF, SUMIF and SUM calculations. There are plenty of links between the 25 worksheets within the one workbook but no links to other workbooks. Entering data into the workbook using Excel 2000 is nearly instantaneous. However entering data into Excel 2003 takes about 15 seconds each time I press enter (or direction key) as the workbook recalculates each time. The settings for calculation are identical with cal...

Serial Dates
Hi everyone, Recently a co-worker came to me with a work sheet that she had been using to track dates that invoices were received. She told me the sheet was working fine one day. The next day, when she entered a date, the cell would only return the serial date no matter how she formatted the cell. The actual date would appear correct in the formula bar, but the cell showed only the serial date. We have tried everything I can think of to get the cells to format to show the date but have not had any success. I finally solved her delima by copying all the data to another new worksheet...