Database for Purchased goods

Hi

I would like to setup a database for our company that would hold all of our
purchased in parts.

I want to have 3 main headings. "Raw Material Numbers" - "Description" -
"Category"

I want to be able to search by either Raw Material Number or Category. Lets
say I have a RAw material number I want to search. I will input that number
under "Raw Material Numbers" and excel will search the database and find the
number and return the Description and Category. That part I think I have
down, it's the next part that gets me.

I also want to search by category. Lets say I have 5 categories,  "Nuts",
"Bolts","Washers","Cotter Pins", and "Gaskets". I might want to search for a
Washer's "Raw material number". So I select to search by the Category
"Washers", and excel will return all numbers, descriptions in that category.

I am sure this is possible, just have no clue how to do it. Is there already
a template that would work, or that I could modify??

TIA
XP Small Business
0
Troy (46)

Troy,

Let's see if we can help you set up for your setup of a data base.

Make the table, with suitable column headings in one row.  Put the data rows
immediately under the row of headings.

Now set up an Autofilter:  With one cell of your table selected, do Data -
Filter - Autofilter.  Dropdown arrows should appear in your headings.  To
find all the washers, open the category filter (click the dropdown arrow)
and select "washers".  To return to the entire table, open that filter
again, and click "All."
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"Troy" <Troy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I would like to setup a database for our company that would hold all of
> our
> purchased in parts.
>
> I want to have 3 main headings. "Raw Material Numbers" - "Description" -
> "Category"
>
> I want to be able to search by either Raw Material Number or Category.
> Lets
> say I have a RAw material number I want to search. I will input that
> number
> under "Raw Material Numbers" and excel will search the database and find
> the
> number and return the Description and Category. That part I think I have
> down, it's the next part that gets me.
>
> I also want to search by category. Lets say I have 5 categories,  "Nuts",
> "Bolts","Washers","Cotter Pins", and "Gaskets". I might want to search for
> Washer's "Raw material number". So I select to search by the Category
> "Washers", and excel will return all numbers, descriptions in that
> category.
>
> I am sure this is possible, just have no clue how to do it. Is there
> already
> a template that would work, or that I could modify??
>
> TIA
> XP Small Business

0
someone798 (944)
7/14/2005 7:26:24 PM
Oh well that was easy. Thankyou very much

Troy

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote:

> Troy,
>
> Let's see if we can help you set up for your setup of a data base.
>
> Make the table, with suitable column headings in one row.  Put the data rows
> immediately under the row of headings.
>
> Now set up an Autofilter:  With one cell of your table selected, do Data -
> Filter - Autofilter.  Dropdown arrows should appear in your headings.  To
> find all the washers, open the category filter (click the dropdown arrow)
> and select "washers".  To return to the entire table, open that filter
> again, and click "All."
> --
> Earl Kiosterud
> www.smokeylake.com
>
> "Troy" <Troy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I would like to setup a database for our company that would hold all of
> > our
> > purchased in parts.
> >
> > I want to have 3 main headings. "Raw Material Numbers" - "Description" -
> > "Category"
> >
> > I want to be able to search by either Raw Material Number or Category.
> > Lets
> > say I have a RAw material number I want to search. I will input that
> > number
> > under "Raw Material Numbers" and excel will search the database and find
> > the
> > number and return the Description and Category. That part I think I have
> > down, it's the next part that gets me.
> >
> > I also want to search by category. Lets say I have 5 categories,  "Nuts",
> > "Bolts","Washers","Cotter Pins", and "Gaskets". I might want to search for
> > Washer's "Raw material number". So I select to search by the Category
> > "Washers", and excel will return all numbers, descriptions in that
> > category.
> >
> > I am sure this is possible, just have no clue how to do it. Is there
> > already
> > a template that would work, or that I could modify??
> >
> > TIA
> > XP Small Business

0
Troy (46)

Database changes from 1.3 to 2.0 affecting custom reports
I just installed an upgrade from 1.3 to 2.0. The customer has some custom reports that worked fine in 1.3, but don't run anymore in 2.0. I suspect that some of the table or field names are not the same. When we try and run one of the custom reports we get this error: Alter Table VIEWSTOREQTY and Alter Column DAYOFYEAR DATETIME" Then when I hit OK, I get this additional message "(5) Invalid Procedure call or argument." I have a copy of the custom report, but don't know how to identify which table names or fields have changed. Where would I find a list of tabl...

Question about Database Filter Views
Hi All and thanks for such a good resource center! We're trying to understand where all the data resides in Microsoft CRM, we're mainly focusing our attention in the Activity Report that is included as part of the CRM Package. 1st we want to identify what views exactly that report is pulling from so that we can link them correctly, also we wanted to link all the activies with Accounts (in our case Customer#) back to the activity which I believe we'll be putting in the regarding field of the activity view. With all that said, is there some sort of visual database diagram tha...

Open database
I would like to know if you can automate an existing database (db1) in the same path, to run a query from db 2 then export table to db 1. If this can be done, can it be done with macros? If so can you give me a start? Thank you. Dear Totally Confused: You have earned your screen name. Please post how this is related to Outlook. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, TotallyConfused asked: | I would like to know if you can automate an...

Database of Companies
Hi, Does anybody have the list/ database of companies either in US/ Europe or any other country involved in GP Consulting? I am a GP Consultant was was interested to have this information, Thanks, Steve ...

Where can I find RMS database security information?
I have developed a custom application for our company that automatically queries a RMS database, creates a custom report and then FTPs it to our server once a month. It is working fine on my developemnt machine agains a demo copy of RMS with a customer's database that I restored. The database doesn't seem to care what UN and PW I use to connect. I am wondering what type of security I am going to run into out in the real world. Is the database open so that no UN or PW is required? Where can I find information about RMS database security and developing third party applications...

changing system password in EPM front and backend database server
I have implemented EPM in my company .with two server installation . One is front end and second is backend . and during installation of all tools i have used domain id and password . now i want to change that password . changing of password will effect at any working of EPM tools and will create any problems ? kindly reply me soon. -- Regards Basim Khalid Alvi Infrastructure Consultant MCP,MCTS,MCITP,Microsoft Enterprise Project Manager Hi Basim, To change service account details (I am assuming Project Server 2007) you will need to change the details for a nu...

Purchase orders at HQ
When doing purchase order worksheets by restock and reorder points the PO is picking up items that don't have either restock and reorder information and the stock is at 0 what would be causing this? (the version is 1.3) I am having this same problem, but only when one particular supplier is selected. The items put one the PO are even flagged as inactive. It's not even all the products from that supplier, just a few particular ones. Craig "Kirsten" <Kirsten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44E94F5E-E7A6-4CE2-9E8F-2EE0FE0E5FF4@microsoft.com... > ...

Add-ons for Purchase Order Generator
Hello: Are there any add-ons for the PO Generator? I am looking for something that could possibly look at the Document ID of any SOP order. Does something like that exist? I'm running GP 9. Thanks. -J On Dec 10, 2:26=A0pm, Joseph Markovich <joejoe...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello: > > Are there any add-ons for the PO Generator? =A0I am looking for > something that could possibly look at the Document ID of any SOP > order. > > Does something like that exist? > > I'm running GP 9. > > Thanks. > > -J Hello, I ha...

Table SY00800 in DYNAMICS Database
Working in Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 Tools>>Utilities>>Purchasing>>Reconcile Process I get the messages: You can’t complete this process while transactions are being edited. I’m tried to reconcile because any time access Purchases Order Entry I get the message: Purchase Order Processing setup information is missing. Also access Batch Inquiry Inquiry>>System>>Batch show me the Purch. Order Entry Status Edit, but I don’t know how delete or change the status. Looking in SQL I found SY00800 in DYNAMICS Database that has the records all with 0 in posting’s colum...

CRM 1.2: copy database to different domain for upgrade tests
Hi! I've read so far, that it is officially not possible to copy crmdatabases to different domains. well, there exist special tools of microsoft to make a new admin account, but they also fail. I will only need one/the admin user functional to test the upgrade. I've manually added a new admin-user in the systemuserbase table and also internaladdress, systemuserroles, usersettingsbase, systemuserlicenses Do you have any further ideas? Where is the connex between database and AD The securitydescriptorfield?, the loginname?, what else? the registry-guidbinding-value points to the pr...

Message when database is already open by another user
Hello, Question-1: If a multi-user database is already opened by somebody I want that, when another person opens the same database, he (the second one) get an popupmessage "Database Already In Use". This message is only for info. The second user is also allowed to edit. Question-2: (Nice to have) Is it possible that the first user can get also a message that another user opens the database so he knows that he's not the only one in the database at that moment ?? regards, johan <jmslab@xs4all.nl> wrote: >If a multi-user database is already opened by somebody I want t...

Suggest a good registry class
I have discovered some weird behavior in the module I have used in the past for registry manipulation. Can someone please suggest a registry class or module thats known to work well? I briefly looked at the vbAccelerator registry class and it seems a bit over blown. Thanks "nop90" <bjones_calif@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Xns9CD7712C5DC8Bbjonescalif@69.16.186.7... >I have discovered some weird behavior in the module I have used in the past > for registry manipulation. > > Can someone please suggest a registry class or module thats known t...

Problems updating Access 2003 Database
We currently use an Access 2003 data base to create and send forms within the organization. We are seeing instances where the new records are not appending and believe it may be the query that is causing the issue. The INSERT query is: INSERT INTO table_headerdata ( wso_num ) SELECT Max([table_headerdata]![wso_num])+1 AS Expr1 FROM table_headerdata WHERE wso_num < 1000000; We would appreciate any help to resolve this issue. On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 16:50:00 -0800, ehess00 <ehess00@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We currently use an Access 2003 data base to create and send for...

Purchased Money Plus H&B and Taxcut software as a package
I never received a confirmation email (checked junk and deleted items folders). I received the disc and my CC was billed. I tried the findmyorder with digital river, but it does not show up on there. My problem is that Taxcut wants a code to be able to file electronically, and it should have been included on my confirmation email. Is there any way to find out that code so I do not have to pay twice? I needed the filing code and called TaxCut customer service and got the efile key. Customer service was fast and quite knowledgeable. Al "dherlocker" <dherlocker@discussio...

Inventory Database Merger
We are just setting up our first brick & morter store and we have over 10K items to enter into inventory. It would go faster if we could enter these on 2 or 3 different computers which means 2 or 3 different databases then merge them all. Is this possible. I know nothing of SQL databases. Thanks, All three computers can be pointed to the same database, just make sure that each person has unique items to enter so as to not cause any mix-ups. One computer(or a server)would hold the database, and the other machines would be networked with the machine holding the database. Give each mac...

Excel databases. I'm lost. Curses.
G'day. A few years back, I created an excel database. First I created a from and I could toggle to the database via a tool button. If I clicked on the row I could toggle back to that data entries in form mode. Something else. I changed the row and column headings. The headings became the headings on the form instead of A, G, C, D, etc. Instead of these grey cell references automatically given by excel, not names in a cell underneath. Hope that makes sense. Now that I need to create something similar again for personal use, I can't remember how I did it. It's driving me insane...

Historical Purchase Orders
The "remove completed purchase order" routine was run several weeks ago to move PO's into History. Due to some customizations, I need to get these PO's changed back to OPEN. Does anyone know how to do this? -- Laura They were moved to the history tables and there is no way to put them back into the open tables without a lot of pain. ...

Template Wizard, why aren't records being created in database
When creating a template using the Template Wizard, the database is being created but only the field headings are created. Why aren't the records being created in the database? ...

DAO Check If Database Has Password
I'm writing some VB6 code against an Acess97 Database. What I want to do is check and see if the database has a password. If not, allow user to proceed, otherwise prompt for user name and password. Using DAO how do you check for an Access Password to see if one exists on the DB? One would have to open the database to you check for the existence of the password. Instead do what I do with most error handling and that is when you have a problem similar to this you just go ahead and try and open it and you will get an error if there is a password and then you can just ...

Printing Retail Price on Purchase Orders
Hi When producing a Purchase Order on RMS, is thier anyway that The retail price can also be shown on the purchase order. I have a cleansweep stocktake coming up and after the s/take I need to keep a weekly figure of how much retail value and cost value of stock I have in store. Any help or ideas appreciated. Kols If you change the qty on hand for proper values and start receiving purchase orders properly (correct qty ,ilc and cost) , you can run "Item Value" report on weekly bases and it gives you retail value and cost. Kolsballs wrote: > Hi > > When producing ...

VB code to access to outlook databases
I'm new to VB program and was wondering if any one has some code snippets that shows how one access outlook data bases. I'm using outlook 2000 One of the data bases is the blocked sender list. The other is the subject line words, normaly accessable in the rule wizard and additional one is the rule data base, and the abality to add to this database I would like to read and write to each database under VB program control. Any Help would be appreciated TTT The junk mail list is kept in a text file but that doesn't do any good for changing it since the actual list that ...

Shared databases
We have multiple Access 2003 databases on our server which are used my multiple people. All of a sudden, each database can only be opened by one user at a time. We don't get a message saying that the database is in use by another person; Access simply won't open at all. You click on it or say open file and nothing happens. If the other person closes the database, then you can open it. I've checked all of the databases and they are all coded to be shared and no tables or records are locked. I've also checked all of the server folders to make sure that they are all...

Stop a user from opening an already-open database
Hello! Any way so that when the database is use, if a second user tries to access it, they get a message that says "The database is already being used by User_______. Please try again later" and then the database does not open. I don't want more than one user at a time, and I would like the 2nd user to be able to pointpoint who the other user is so they can talk. Thanks! VR/Lost One approach would be to have a table to which users write when they open the database. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285822/ shows how to read the ldb file to determine who'...

Disappearing Databases?
Has anyone ever seen the datafiles for a database just disappear? I saw this on my development box the other day and just thought I messed something up. Now, I see it again on another box. In MSS Mgmt Studio I see the icon for the database in question, but it will not expand. I goto to look for the data and log files and they are gone. I do know that this server ran out of space the other day, but that should just prevent the log from growing. Besides, while the database is active I wouldn't be able to delete the files for it. I would need to detach the database fi...

Database Collation (URGENT PLEASE)
Hi, I installed RMS Ver 2.0 with SP2 in VISTA BUSUNESS , after i created the store database , the database collation showing as below Server Collation : latin1_General_Cl_AS Database Collation: SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_Cl_AS New Collation: latin1_General_Cl_AS please help me in this collation error Vijay Go to Administrator - Utility and run Collation seting. If it si different press Enter to make the two the same. If you have HQ your Store and HQ must be the same collation setting. Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = = = = "vijay"...