Data validation to prevent duplicate entry.

with refer to this link:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213185
you can use this formula =COUNTIF(A:A,A1)=1
for data validation to prevent duplicate entry.  This is very simple and
easy to understand.
0
vishu (48)

insert data into table
Hi There, I'm using following code to insert data into my DB but it doesn't work: try { int tmp = 0; tmp = this.routeTableAdapter1.InsertRoute(Int32.Parse(this.DestNum.Text), this.Destination.Text, Int32.Parse(this.LineNum.Text)); MessageBox.Show("inserted " + tmp.ToString() + " elements into the route table."); MessageBox.Show("Update() returns: " + routeTableAdapter1.Update(myPID_DB_DataSet).ToString()); myPID_DB_DataSet.AcceptChanges();...

How to prevent mails from getting into Badmail folder
In the folder Badmail there are mails from four of our trusted customers we would like to get into our mailboxes instead. How do I prevent Exchange 2003 (Windows 2003 server) from putting future mails into the Badmail folder, and instead put them into the correct mailboxes? Notice: It is not spam these customers are sending us, but just normal mails. Is this happening very frequently? Do you have Exchange 2003 SP1 installed? Have you opened the messages from the badmail folder (using Outlook Express or notepad) and checked if they look ok? Anything in the event log? You can turn ...

ampersand in subject prevents e-mail from being read using exchange web server
Hi, I have an e-mail which I sent which has an ampersand in the subject, now I can't view it from my sent items, and others can't read the e-mail. We're using the exchange server and accessing it via an intranet connection through a web browser. Thanks, Rob Have you run the IIS lockdown tool on the Exchange server, in particular the URLScan part as this will disable specific characters found in the Subject Line (Usually produces a error on 404) "Rob Erwin" <rob.erwin@lpl.com> wrote in message news:03be01c34a65$9c213480$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > ...

How to calculate based on Validation LOV items?
Is there a function or VB script that could help with calculations based on the items in a Validation LOV? I'm looking for something similar to the "switch()" and "case()" functionality found in C that will work in Excel 2003. In "switch" and "case", the programmer takes a parameter and checks its value, performing different operations based on different values (cases). For my Excel example, I've got a Validation LOV consisting of multiple values, let's say: "Yes" "No" "Unsure" I use this Validation LOV in a ce...

Resize the Data table in the Pivot chart.
I have a prepared a chart where there are count of 15-20 items displayed in the chart and I have also shown the data table for the same. But the data table do not fit in all teh 15-20 items. Could some one help in with a method where I can fit all the data in the data table along with the chart. Earliest help much appreciate. Regars GS Hi, You have very little control of data tables - your only solutions are to make the font size smaller, and to enlarge the entire chart. I recommend you place the equivalent of a data table below the chart, in the spreadsheet, where you have 100% contro...

entry for report
I have a report that will be printed out monthly. I would like it so that when the you open the report, it prompts the individual to enter his name and the date that he/she would like printed on the report. How can I do this? In the Report RecordSource you can create a filter that will prompt the user to insert the parameters Select * From TableName Where [NameField] = [Please select a name] And [DateFieldName] = [Please select a date] When the report will be open the user will be prompt with two messages: 1. [Please select a name] 2. [Please select a date] -- Good Luck BS"D ...

Changing Graph Data Series
I have about 12 graphs each with 4 data sets that I have to change the data set range on each month to display the next months data as it is accumulated through the month. This is a very time consuming task. Is there a way to set the data range to key off of a formula (using current month and a vlookup for example) or off of a range supplied from key input cells? Ultimately I would like to be able to specify a data range (from jan1 through Dec 31) and have the graph update the data series for the range and display. But for now I'll settle on a faster method to change the data range each...

Intercompany in Payables Transaction Entry
Hi, We are using BizTalk Server 2004 to process data files (positional) created by a Mainframe system and then use eConnect 9.0 to post the data to the Dynamics Great Plains (DGP) 9.0 Company database. We are currently using this solution to automatically create Payables data in DGP based on data that we receive in the positional data files generated by the Mainframe system. For certain Account Numbers (i.e. Accounts that begin with "25-") we want the Payables Transaction Entry in DGP to be created with the "Intercompany" checkbox enabled (i.e. checked). Listed b...

New data won't update chart
I have a spreadsheet with formulas set to update a bar graph every time something is typed into a box in a certain column of my workbook. There are 697 entires into the chart, now it refuses to update a 698th entry. Any suggestions? ...

Date Entry Question
I want to enter JUST the month and year and have Excel recognize it as such. Unfortunately, Excel decides the year I am entering is a day of a month and uses the current year to complete the date. For example, I enter Feb-03 into a date-formatted cell (Mmm-yy) and Excel shows Feb-04 as the output. If I click on the cell, the value is 2/3/2004. Is there anyway around this? Excel will always treat a date as mm/dd/yyyy format (at least in the U.S.). So if you enter 02/2004, Excel will show 2/1/2004 in the formula bar. The only thing you can do (I think) is format the cell as mm/yyyy o...

How to place a colored rectangle BEHIND some data cells?
I have various cells in use but I want a graduated colored background behind all of them. If I use a colored rectangle, it covers them. Can I move the rectangle to the back, so it only shows where no data cells are in use? Don't think that's possible since it floats above the cells. Perhaps an alternative way to get the visual that you're after (in xl2003): Select and copy the cell(s). Hold down Shift key, click Edit > paste picture link. This creates a linked picture object that can be formatted with graduated fills. Right click on the linked picture object > Form...

How can I create a dashboard guage that reflects data?
It should look similar to a car dashboard guage. For example, if I wanted to show 50 out of 100 there should be a line point straight up with zero on the left and 100 on a right in a semi-circle shape. I know I can draw it but is there anyway of automating it? For example, using excel? Visit http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/SpeedometerXP.html Found using a Google search < Excel chart dashboard > (there were 1.14 million hits) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "VicUSC" <VicUSC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Outlook 2000 Error message
This is a repost. Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] began to help me but that didn't work. I tried your suggestion and downloaded MDAC 2.8 but was politely informed that either MDAC 2.8 was not compatible with my system or that all modules where already present. Probably due to having Windows AUTO Update enabled. I have also updated to Outlook Sp-3 without any improvement. What does MPR.dll do and does it interact with any other programs. Also my Pocket PC will not Synch with the TASKS list, does that info help or hinder?? Occasionally (about 1 in 20 restarts) Windows gives me the same er...

Data table without graoh details
hi I am using a 100% stacked column graph to show the details of % late against % on-time delivered, for each week. To obtain these figures I had the, total delivered and late delivered volumes and did the necessary sums. Q. how do I show the late and delivered volumes as well as the precentages in the Data Table below the chart, but only show the required 100% stack chart for % late against % on-time Help appricaiated Regards Brian -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-chart/200806/1 You could format the unwanted series so as to hide them ...

Trouble with hidden data
Hello, Here's the situiation. I have a sheet with vlookup functions whic displays data from another sheet. Often the data displayed is prett large . When data is entered into cells that vlookup is retrieving the cells automatically expand to show all data entered. When vlooku displays that same data on the other sheet, the cells don't expand. have to manually resize the cell to fix. Is there a way around thi problem?? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com maybe autofit the rows and columns after each calculation? rightclick on the worksheet tab that sho...

exporting excel data into visio
I am having trouble taking an excel 2000 database and importing its contents into visio 2002. I am not sure if this is possible, because I continue to have trouble even if I try and import it into a gantt chart. I would like to be able to link the files together so the visio would update when the excel database is updated, but I can't even get the data into the visio file at all. Any suggestions would help. ...

Automatically preserving historical data
I have hit a wall trying to figure out the most effiecient way to automate the recording of historical data (interest rates in this case). Say I have 15 different lenders, each of which has a different interest rate, and each rate changes at a unique time, and under unique conditions. I have each lender set up on its own sheet to calculate the current rate, no problem there. But I am trying to build a single "historical rates' page that will list each lender across the top, and each day down column A. How can I best automate the process of recording each days interest rate ...

How can I eliminate rows that contain the same data as the row ab.
How can I compare rows in Excel aand eliminate those rows that have duplicate information in them? Use data>filter>advanced filter, select unique records only -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "mjlucas49" <mjlucas49@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56E5DD0C-E9D0-4C25-8956-C96F285D320B@microsoft.com... > How can I compare rows in Excel aand eliminate those rows that have duplicate > information in them? ...

VISIO 2007 Calendar
PLEASE HELP - This is driving me crazy!!! I am trying to get data from a SQL Table into a VISIO 2007 calendar. The data is being pulled from a view: alter VIEW [dbo].[LQ_CLIENT_FILE_DELIVERY_CALENDAR] as SELECT CONVERT(varchar(10), DATEADD(dd, DJS.I_EXPECTED_FREQUENCY, DJS.D_LOAD_FINISHED), 101) AS [Date to Display], CONVERT(varchar(10), DATEADD(dd, DJS.I_EXPECTED_FREQUENCY, DJS.D_LOAD_FINISHED), 101) AS [Start date], CONVERT(varchar(10), DATEADD(dd, DJS.I_EXPECTED_FREQUENCY, DJS.D_LOAD_FINISHED), 101) AS [End date], LEFT(DJS.VC_NOTE, 50) AS [Subject] FROM dbo.TBL_LOOKUP_...

Editing Data source from imported web query
Hi, I've currently got an Excel sheet with a table I've imported from a web page I've created. This was done using the Data->Import External Data->New Web Query. The page itself is a CGI script and as such takes arguments in the address. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can alter that URL from a cell in Excel. Specifically I want to be able to change the hostname in a cell in Excel and the corresponding ?hostname='blah' to change. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Jim It seems to me that you'll need a macro to do what you're trying to accomp...

VS2008 complains about T[ ] data = ...
I have been seeing code samples using notation like this: ... T[] data = source.ToArray(); ... When I try the sample in VS2008 -- I get the following error message: "The type or namespace name 'T' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?" Is the notation above a VS2010 thing? If yes, is there an equivalent for VS2008? If no, what do I need to add so that VS2008 does not complain about T[] something = ... ? Thanks Rich *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** "Rich P" <rpng12...

How to Foolproof data entry? DataForm
I am trying to make a worksheet protected from users manuall entering/editing data. I would like them to ONLY be able to Add/Edit data through the Data - Form utility. Does anyone know if there is a way to only allow inputting/editing o cells to only be done by Data -> Form? (if you protect the worksheetm DataForm won't allow Add/Edit either) Thanks : ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Not totally sure about forms, but i presume there is some sort...

Selection of data #2
Hi Thanks for the reply but iit did not work in my case, let me explai it. I have the data area B8:F20. If letter 'x' finds in col B, then tha is the last cell. Suppose the 'x' is in B12 then my data will b B8:F11. I need to select that area and copy and paste in anothe sheet. Hope it is clear for you. Thanks icestationzbra Wrote: > i found your question a little ambiguous. howmuchever i coul > understand, here is a macro that does what i thought you needed. modif > according to your requirement. > > Option Explicit > > Sub CopyPasteOnX() > ...

can i sort certain entries from a big excel sheet
I have made a no. of entries while entering the names of files and registers in a department. I have entered in an alphabetical order eg. Audit file in 'A', Budget (B.Sc.), in 'B', admission registers in 'A', security money register in 'S'. Now i want all registers to be shifted under alphabet 'R'. Is there any way this could be possible. Thanks in anticipation, jay Hi "...Now i want all registers to be shifted under alphabet 'R'. " So you have things identified as Registers in various columns and you want to put them al...

Removing duplicate rows in a query
i have a database that is pretty large and everything is based off a site location. i am running a query where i have users first name, last name, email address and site location. but some of the users are at multiple sites. how do i create a query to not show duplicate contacts for the user? Remove site location from the fields that are returned. Or use a query that returns only one site per individual - Which one do you want? SELECT FirstName, LastName, Email, First(Location) as SomeLocation FROM YourTable GROUP BY FirstName, LastName, Email Or perhaps SELECT FirstName, LastName, E...