Data Validation Dropdown #4

I don't see the dropdown list on one worksheet. if I copy the cell an
paste special Validation to another worksheet, then the dropdown lis
shows.

Tools/options/show All checked. tried restart PC also.

the trouble (dropdown list doesn't show even though Data validatio
object is OK) happens only to one worksheet in this one workbook.

any one interested to see the workbook with the troubled worksheet ca
drop me an email.

thanks al

--
jliu200

MS programmer for financial industr
jliu2000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1521
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26846

Send it on down.

Change the obvious in my munged email address to email me.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 08:38:30 -0500, jliu2000
<jliu2000.1e2hos@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>I don't see the dropdown list on one worksheet. if I copy the cell and
>paste special Validation to another worksheet, then the dropdown list
>shows.
>
>Tools/options/show All checked. tried restart PC also.
>
>the trouble (dropdown list doesn't show even though Data validation
>object is OK) happens only to one worksheet in this one workbook.
>
>any one interested to see the workbook with the troubled worksheet can
>drop me an email.
>
>thanks all

0
Gord

Combining Data #4
I have a spreadsheet with multiple tabs. Is there an automated method I can use to combine all of the data into a single tab? Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "bfarrellnc" <bfarrellnc@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:64C51D0B-FA97-4F5A-9067-D3BBC8DCF0ED@microsoft.com... >I have a spreadsheet with multiple tabs. Is there an automated method I >can > use to combine all of the data into a single tab? ...

Getting Data from Excel Graph onto New Speadsheet
I am trying to get the information that I have plotted, on a scatted graph, off onto the second sheet an splitting the information. I'm not too sure if this is the right place for this thread, but I am hoping that someone can help? The original data that is on the graph is in 3 columns. One has the company name, one is the current value and one is the predicted value. I need this info to come off the graph or from the original data in 2 fields. Customer and predicted value, but they need to be prioritized. 1 needs to be the one with the lowest current and highest potential. 2 needs...

validate data length
I'm using VBA/ADO. I'm using a disconnected recordset. When the user makes changes or adds a new record, I want to validate the data before updating the database. I would like to make sure that none of the data is too large for the fields they'll be stored in. What is the best way to do this? Jennifer Toxalot wrote: > I'm using VBA/ADO. I'm using a disconnected recordset. > > When the user makes changes or adds a new record, I want to validate > the data before updating the database. > > I would like to make sure that none of the data is too large f...

Layout of ODBC Data Import
Hi I have a database table that contains data in the following format: - Category Sub-Category Error Code CAT1 SUBCAT1 ERRCOD1 CAT1 SUBCAT2 ERRCOD2 CAT2 SUBCAT1 ERRCOD1 CAT2 SUBCAT2 ERRCOD1 CAT2 SUBCAT2 ERRCOD2 When imported into Excel I would like it to appear as follows: - CAT1 CAT1 CAT2 CAT2 SUBCAT1 SUBCAT2 SUBCAT1 SUBCAT2 ERRCOD1 Y N Y Y ERRCOD2 N Y N Y Where there is a Y wherever an error code is used for category/sub-category,...

Wave 4 beta stand-alone
Is there a stand-alone installer for the wave 4 beta? I like to have the wlsetup-all.exe file on hand should I ever need to re-install. The full install file is not available from the Live Download site. ....winston ms-mvp mail "T-Man" wrote in message news:eYUOZJ0FLHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... Is there a stand-alone installer for the wave 4 beta? I like to have the wlsetup-all.exe file on hand should I ever need to re-install. ...

Data from .txt file being read in as date, and should be text
I have a macro that reads in data from a .txt file. The data contains user IDs that consist of the first 4 letters of their name and 4 numbers. When names are read in that begin with MARCxxxx (ie MARC1234), excel is formating them as a date, and I lose the original data (even when I try to format them after the import, they are a number and the letters are not there. I've tried to format the column that they data read into before the import, but excel still imports them as a date. How can I make the import be read as text? Here is the code for the section I am reading in data for. Do Whi...

Macro Help #4
Hi I am trying to write a Macro that opens another workbook (test.csv) and copies the data from and places into the workbook with the macro (testenabled.xmls) which will run on a scheduled task. I keep running into this error run time error '9' subscript out of range Here is the code - I would really appreciate some help. Sub test() ' ' test Macro ' ' ChDir "C:\Users\j.dibble.CTS\Desktop" Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\Users\j.dibble.CTS\Desktop\test.csv" Range("A1:B5").Select Selection.Copy Windows("Book1"...

Conditional Query Data in a Report
Is there a way to include the search criteria from a query in a report? More specifically, I use a date condition in a query to produce a report, and I'd like to add the date entered in the message box to the report. Is there a way to do that? If you are trying to do this using only a query and a report, I'm not familiar with a way. If you want to do this, the one way I know of is to use a form to "collect" the criteria that your query uses, then refer to the value entered in the form from within the report. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "sil...

vba #4
i want to create a vba routine that tell me the data in a specific cell has gone over a limit and warn me of it, if it hasnt gone over the limit then not to warn me can any1 tell me how this is done Maybe a simple IF() will do? Assume the specific cell is A2, with limit not to exceed 25 Put in say B2: =IF(A2>25,"Alert!","") B2 will remain blank until the value in A2 exceeds 25, wherein the phrase "Alert" will appear in B2 -- Rgds Max xl 97 -- Please respond, in newsgroup xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com --- "Squibbly" <notreal@addy....

Modifying user defined data type
Hi How can I modify a user defined data type which is assigned to several fields across db? Thanks Regards You can't, I'm afraid. -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi "John" <info@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:#IntyI3xKHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi > > How can I modify a user defined data type which is assigned to several > fields across db? > > Thanks > > Regards > > > Basically, what Tibor...

saving excel files #4
thank u so much frnd...thanks a ton -- Vnagpal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Vnagpal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15104 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267346 ...

If "yes" then require data in another field
I have two fields on a form: one a "check box" and another a "combo list" If the check box = Yes, then I want the field for the combo list to require data. I can make it go the field that I want the date inserted, but I cannot seem to figure out how to make it mandatory for the user to insert data from the drop down list if the check box = yes. Use the Exit event of the ComboBox and Cancel = True If Len(Me.ComboBox & "") = 0 Sheryl wrote: >I have two fields on a form: one a "check box" and another a "combo list" > >If t...

How to summarize Access query data?
I have a table and a resulting query with 1,400 records. I would like a summary page for a given category. For example, there are 20 people and each has a number of work orders they are responsible for. Each work orders has a discrete identification number. I want two numbers per person: (1) the number of orders they have (a count) and (2) the sum of all the "Remaining Hours" each person has associated with their associated orders. (The existing query takes the estimated hours and subtracts the actual hours with the result being the "Remaining Hours.") This is...

limit validation list to prevent dups
I am using a validation list and need to restrict it so that for each column in a worksheet, the items in the list may only be used once. The validation list is used for 14 columns but these columns are used to create a list in another worksheet and I need to ensure that the same value is not used twice in any given column. Hi Sonya, Try the following link from Mr. Excel : http://www.mrexcel.com/tip008.shtml Step by step instructions and it's very useful ! Cheers, Kevin Lehrbass kevin@spreadsheetsolutions4u.com www.spreadsheetsolutions4u.com "Sonya" wrote: > I am u...

Stacking data to show same number but different colors
I am needing to show two sets of data on a stacked bar that will reflect the total of the denominator. Example. I have 13 cases out of which 1 has a complication. I want the total on the bar to only reflect 13 but the coloring of the bars show both data points (13 and 1). Can this be done? Your stack total must be 13, so your differently formatted stacks have to be 12 and 1. Alternatively you could plot 13 and 1 as clustered columns, and set the overlap to 100. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ wiggy wrote: > I am needing to sh...

I have created a custom table for SIC (standard industrial codes). I am using this table via a 'lookup' for the account and contact entities. I want to load all SIC codes into the table. Can I load the codes into the table using a straight SQL statement, or do I really need to write a program using the SDK. This data will be loaded on a one-time basis and does not change? Will doing a load directly using SQL cause a problem later on? I know that Microsoft would say to only utilize the SDK to load the data, but why? The reason why you should not directly update the da...

Stacked Column Chart #4
Date Event type Total 01-01-2006 A 10 01-01-2006 B 15 01-01-2006 C 12 02-01-2006 A 5 02-01-2006 B 7 02-02-2006 C 8 03-02-2006 A 5 03-02-2006 B 15 I would to generate a automatic stacked column (without having to mak manual selections) with the example above.The final result should b the date in the x axis and the column composed by the event typ (A,B,C) with the respective total. Note: the information is displayed as shown above. How can i do this? Thanks, Regards Andr -- vilacov ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vilacova's Profile: http://www.ex...

Upgrading MS CRM 3.0 to MS CRM 4.0
We have an MS CRM 3.0 setup and running well for quite long time. We would like to upgrade it to MS CRM 4.0. Current setup is, 1. Lot of reports added & customized for user needs 2. Lot of entities added & customized for user needs 3. Lot of forms added & customized for user needs 4. Lot of custom developed pages added (developed in ASP.NET 1.1). Of course it's running on separate site but integrated inside the MS CRM 3.0 (so typically used MS CRM 3.0 service calls) 5. Lot of Stored Procedure's & View's added 6. Customized the settings based on user needs My do...

Chart non consecutive data
Is it possible to chart non-consecutive data. I haven't been successful in my attempts so far. Data is in same row, ie. row 4; columns needed are H4 and J4 (need to be stacked), next series is K4 , L4 & M4. Unfortunately, I can not rearrange the cells to make this easier. Any help or suggestion would be appreciated. I haven't done that much charting with Excel (2003). TIA XL doesn't stack data in the same series. It stacks one series on top of the previous. You can simulate the effect you want as follows. Select H4:J4 and create a stacked column chart. In step ...

newbie Question: Data exchange between Dialog and my own data structure
HI, I'm designing a program which has many CDialog(as docking control bar) and user data structures. I want to do some data exchange on those. For example: //================================================================== class CConfigDlg : public CDialog { .... //many common control such as CEdit... } class CMyData{ .... //many data members... } //================================================================== When I initialize the dialog, or some data hase changed in working thread,I want to update UI in using UpdateData(false); When I made some modification on the UI control...

Data Migration Framework and Contracts
Hi everyone. Anybody knows when the contracts will be included into Data Migration Framework? Exist any patch for import them? Thanks in advance. Bea. ...

Export Data in Excel
Hi again, another Problem our customer have, is to export data in Excel. All the time, they want to export more the 10,000 objects o excel, the get only the first 10,000 and the others missing. Have someone a idea why the can't export more the 10,000 contacts or accounts? Thanks, Andre OK, I reslove it with the SDK. I have create the "maxrecordsforexporttoexcel" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM. Andre "Andre Grumbach" <andre.grumbach@no.spam> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OoO%23cevVGHA.6048@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi again, > anoth...

Updating external data tables
Hello, Using WinXP and Xl-2007; I've tried to format a table where there is an external link (from text) but it seems Excel does not allow that. Is there a way to refresh the data in a defined table with an external data link? I'd prefer not to use a macro but will try it if it's the only way. Thank you for any advice. David K. ...

Is it possible to chart series data from multiple rows in a table?
I am trying to chart a series of data from multiple rows - ref the following table: YEAR JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC 1992 164278 164864 164221 165084 165920 166544 167284 168184 170158 170859 171531 173598 1993 175683 174121 172829 176710 178999 178772 180987 180996 182227 183233 185266 186538 1994 185948 188562 191756 192275 191300 193606 194229 196568 197876 200281 200301 201139 Can this be done without reformating the table? If so how? Thanks in advance for your help! Rule of thumb: If you spend five minutes fixing up your data, you will save five hours of frustr...

how can i transfer data from one sheet to another without blank li
Dear All I have extracted data from a system to a sheet including blank lines between the data. Any idea of how i can transfer the data from one sheet to another without any blank lines, in order to do my job using excel functions? Thanks in advance If you mean blank rows why dont you just sort the data? In case you need to retain the order (you can use a temporary column); insert an additional column say A. Number 1,2,....till the end in cells a1,a2 ...... Sort col B. Delete the blank rows..and then sort by ColA...Remove ColA -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Manos&q...