Data Validation Dropdown #2

the problem is that the list data is still in the data validation (allo
list) but I don't see the dropdown from the cell. if I go to anyothe
sheet to do the same, then I can see the dropdown on the cell

--
jliu200

MS programmer for financial industr
jliu2000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1521
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26846

To check the obvious things first, if you select the cell, then go to
Data/Validation, is the "in-cell dropdown" box checked?

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 11:06:22 -0500, jliu2000
<jliu2000.1e0tym@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>the problem is that the list data is still in the data validation (allow
>list) but I don't see the dropdown from the cell. if I go to anyother
>sheet to do the same, then I can see the dropdown on the cell.

0
anonymous (74722)
10/12/2004 5:26:52 PM
Hi

i had the exact same problem earlier today ... shutting down excel &
restarting the computer "solved" the problem.

no idea why or how or what went wrong.

- oh one other thing, if the list is based on a range name, choose insert /
name / define from the menu, choose the name and click in the refers to box
.... it might come up and say that it currently evaluates to an error (or
similar) - this could also be your problem

Cheers
JulieD

"jliu2000" <jliu2000.1e0tym@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> the problem is that the list data is still in the data validation (allow
> list) but I don't see the dropdown from the cell. if I go to anyother
> sheet to do the same, then I can see the dropdown on the cell.
>

> --
> jliu2000
>
> MS programmer for financial industry
> jliu2000's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15210
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=268467

0
JulieD1 (2295)

Question #2
Hey I have a pretty complicated question, it's probably easy for wel versed users, but I'm not sure what the cleanest way to do this is Here's what I'm doing. I'm taking a column of numbers, then in th column next to it I want to do the following =(B2/(AVERAGE(B2:B29))*75 I've figured it out to that point, but rather than adjusting each o the other cells when I use the format painter to find this value in th column, I'd like to just be able to format them all the same and hav them all find their value I hope this explains what I'm trying to do well enough,...

Chart Data Recovery
I have a dilemma I have a spreadsheet that only has a chart in it, that was linked to another spreadsheet. The other spreadsheet has disappeared (HD died and data was not recoverable and no backups were made). I can see that the chart still has all of the correct data points in it, because I cna hover the mouse over the line and it will tell me the values. Is there a way to extract the data from the chart so I can rebuild my original spreadsheet. The amount of data is 4 daily readings of 4 different values from the Financial markets over thelast 4 years, so it is a lot of data. Any...

Retrieving data from an inactive Registry
Hi - I recently reinstalled Windows XP clean on a PC, but I did it on a new hard drive. I have the PC's original hard drive, with information in its Registry files that I need to retrieve. How can I export data from these Registry files? Thanks CL Chuck Lavin wrote: > Hi - > > I recently reinstalled Windows XP clean on a PC, but I did it on a new > hard drive. > > I have the PC's original hard drive, with information in its Registry > files that I need to retrieve. > > How can I export data from these Registry files? Use ...

V-Lookup Data Formats Imported from Crystal
When I use data imported from Crystal in a V-Lookup, it appears to be in number or general format, but the lookup function fails. I can make it work cell by cell if I copy from one list to another, but that is slow! Any way to get imported data into the correct format automatically? -- Hudd Hi try after importing: - select an empty cell and copy it - select your importted data - goto 'Edit - Paste Special' and choose 'Add' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Hudd wrote: > When I use data imported from Crystal in a V-Lookup, it appears to be > in number or ...

Get the max value of a column given the current date (this is hard!!!) #2
It's nice that it was able to recognize its reason code and its ma value for the date located at B2, but what if the date at a1 wa changed, let's say the value of a1 is 11/2/04? How can it locate the column of the current date located at a1? an find its max value and its reason code? the value of a1 is the current date. I hope that you can still help me with this one, thanks! Grac -- Shadow_Otix ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Shadow_Otixz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1597 View this thread: ...

Transaction data truncated
When I import data from my financial institution all debit transactions start with "Share Withdrawal ATM *POS*"...and then lists the merchant. Since Money only imports the first 24 characters I can't see who the transaction was to - does anyone know of a way to change the settings so that it can import more characters? I know Quicken imports 32, but I don't like the fuctionality of that program. ...

2/4 rounded corners?
I wan to create boxes (both text and image) that have the top right and bottom left corners rounded; retaining sharp corners on the top left and bottom right. Can this be done in Publisher? Autoshapes, create a rounded box, copy/paste special as a .wmf. Select the image, Arrange, ungroup, yes, ungroup again, edit points, hold down control, delete the corner points, adjust your lines. You cannot do this with a text box, but you can use your new creation as a border for a text box. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com &q...

Data conversion tool
We planned to upgrade 1.2 to 3.0 directly, but met some problem of stopping CrystalAPS service. Later on, we found the issue in ReadMe.html, but too late, we had have installed a new 3.0. The question is can we find a way to convert the current 1.2 database into 3,0 by a standalone tool, because I just don't want to roll back to 1.2 and upgrade again. ...

creating drop down menus #2
Still relatively new at REALLY using excel. I would like to ideally create a drop down menu containing several choices, and then based on that highlighted selaection, more selections are displayed in another drop down menu. For example, the drop down menu would first list several systems (systemA, systemB, and systemC). If systemA is highlighted by the user, then another menu pops up for them to select more choices from. Same with systemB and systemC. Kinda like a "cascading" menu effect. How do I do this? Please help!!! I have a workbook that does this for any number of link...

Changes not getting saved to data source
Hi. I'm kinda new with ADO .NET. I'm having trouble saving edit and delete changes back to the data source. Adding new record is fine. Only edits and deletes don't work. Here's my code: Dim r As DataSet1.PeopleRow OleDbDataAdapter1.Fill(DataSet11) r = DataSet11.People.Rows(0) r.Name = "Kevin" r.AcceptChanges() Dim ret As Integer = OleDbDataAdapter1.Update(DataSet11) My DataAdapter and Dataset are strongly typed and they were created through VS 2008 data wizard. By the way, I'm using an MS A...

When I copy a formula to other cells, it displays the data ....
in the field I copied from. I did NOT use absolute in the formula. If I double click on the cell with the incorrect data then press enter, the data is updated and correct. What is going on here, I have never had this happen before? Thanks in advance to any answers... -- Jeff Hi goto 'Tools - options - Calculate' and enable 'Automatic Calculation' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "jay" <jay@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:46B66AFC-512C-45AD-A073-AA2FBB1A606D@microsoft.com... > in the field I copied from. I did NO...

Contract Relationships #2
Hi, I am trying to create various many-to-many relationships to the Contract entity. One example is linking Contracts and Contacts via an intermediate custom entity called Contract Contact. A Contract can have many Contract Contacts and a Contact can have many Contract Contacts, so this should achieve the many-to-many relationship required. However, when I create my new Contract Contact entity and create a relationship to both Contract and Contact entities I encounter some problems: Firstly, I cannot create a new Contract Contact from a Contract, I don't get the new button, but I can ...

Access 2007 What is up with correcting my spelling when I put data in a field?
Why on earth would a database (storage device) ever want to correct the spelling of something I put into it? Here is my problem. I created a table with a field as a test for someone and in one of the rows I entered a field with the word Cafe When I queried the database to find all instances of the word 'Cafe' I found 0 results. When I went back into the table to see what was going on, I discovered that the data in the field was change to Caf´┐Ż This to me makes no sense. And even if I can turn off spell checking, why would anyone change the information I'm telling it to sto...

make 2 cell in once
in cell a1 john in cell b1 smith, i want to have in cell c1 both names how do i make it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In C1 type =A1 & " " & B1 or =B1 & ", " & A1 depending on what you want your names to look like however, this is now a formula, if you delete column A or B you will have a problem so you then need to select column C copy it, choose edit / paste special - select values and click OK Regards JulieD "yoem >" <<yoem.1ah3xc@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:yoem.1ah3xc@excelforum-nospam.com.....

How do i download or acquire the data analysis plus tool for Excel
I am using office 2003. There are on the CD; put Excel or Office CD in drive do Start:Control Panel | Add/Remove click on Microsoft Office 2003; then on the Change button specify you want Tool Pac -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Lamont" <Lamont@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39249022-B3B4-4D6D-9D7E-C6B7AB9BBF81@microsoft.com... >I am using office 2003. Lamont - "Data Analysis Plus" is an add-in for Excel that has some features beyond those included in Excel's Analysis ToolPak. "Data ...

I want to change the series shown in a chart by using a dropdown b
I have 4 series on a graph and I would like to be able to change which series is displayed (i.e. 1 of 4, or 2 of 4, 3 of 4, or all 4). I would like to do it by drop down menu if possible. Is this possible? Send me a sample file and I will show how. Remove TRUENORTH -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Jamie" <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04DDBC1C-0558-4A89-83B7-517F7F6F404C@microsoft.com... >I have 4 series on a graph and I would like to be able to change which >series > is displayed (i.e. 1 of 4, or ...

Filter data #3
I want to filter the data on a sheet, basing on the value in a particular cell - say A1. What I have done so far is: 1) I have generated code to filter the list 2) I have provided a pick list in Cell A1 3) I have created a command button, clicking on which will execute the code I mentioned in step (1) above. Instead of clicking on the command button each time, is there a way to filter the list, as soon as the value in Cell A1 is changed? Which event should I use in my code for that? Regards, Murthy Hi Murthy You can use the change event to run your sub. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ev...

unwanted border appear on 2 sides of inserted pictures
When I insert a picture in MS Word 2007 or PowerPoint 2007, save and close the file. When I re-open the file a border apear on the top and left of the picture. It only happens once you have closed the application and re-opend it. Please help. I have the same problem. Have you been able to fix it? Yes - I have the solution !!! Right click on the picture. Then go to "Format Picture..." Then choose "3-D format". In that folder make sure that the depth and the contour color is white. If it still doesn't work use the crop tool. Left click on the image, that you will...

recovering emails #2
I had to reinstall outlook express and I can't see my old emails, folders, contacts. Can I recover these items? "mark" <mark@srta.net> wrote in message news:027801c3af91$6801c110$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I had to reinstall outlook express and I can't see my old > emails, folders, contacts. Can I recover these items? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.publ...

Defined name range disappears from Data Range field
Help! I am charting data using defined name ranges for the Source Data - > Data Range. It works great... it plots the data fine. But when I go back into the Data Range field, the define name has been changed to the literal cell references. This is not helpful if I want to redefine the named range to represent a different set of cells. Any suggestion? Thanks. John - To use a dynamic range for your chart, you need to define names for the X and Y values of each series in the chart. This means you can use dynamic ranges to vary the number of points in a series, but not the number of s...

Sub form validations
Hi All: I am pretty new to this stuff, but need to figure out how control data flow in a form with a bunch of tabbed sub forms. I will try to see if I can make this make sense: We have a foirm with a bunch of tabbed sub forms used for dataentry. We need to control thins so that if someone enters data in a field of one of the sub forms, they cannot exit the form without clicking the save button and therefor cannot click on another tab in the master form until the data is saved. For instance, tab a calls for first name and last name. Once data is entered into either field, the us...

Export payroll/employee data
Is it possible to export payroll/employee data in a development/test company and import it into a production company? Thanks much! Absolutely and there are many ways to do it. You can use SQL Server tools, MS Access, SmartList, Integration Manager, to name a few tools. -- Charles Allen, MVP "chad.buser@ncsi.cc" wrote: > Is it possible to export payroll/employee data in a development/test company > and import it into a production company? > > Thanks much! ...

Pie Chart Data Labels #2
Is there a way to add more information to a pie chart data label other than manually edit, as this disables the link to source aspect. Yes, You might want to check out these resources: John Walkenbach's Chart Labeler: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm Rob Bobey's Chart Labeler: http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm A VBA routine to add custom labels: http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/add_text_range_as_chart_labels/ Finally, you can select the individual data label by clicking on it until it looks like there is a box around it. Go to the Sta...

Can the MSDN version of CRM 1.2 be converted to a production system without losing any data?
I have the MSDN version of CRM. If I install it and configure a pilot system, can I later convert it to a full licensed system without losing any data? Does it require a new installation or just change the Company Name and License Key? Bill Walter Bill, You would need to migrate the data to the new install. The AD objects & DB Names are tied to the Org Name so you can't change them once they're installed. You're best bet would probably be to use the DMF to load the data to the new install. BTW, I believe, technically, that using the MSDN license for a Pilot is not allow...

dual screens #2