DATA VALIDATION #64

i have enter all my information in my cells for a drop down list ,but every
time i close off the program and restart it the cells have no information in
the cells , i then goto the toolbar and the information is still there when i
push ok it is available again. should this happen? i thought once you saved
it would all stay the same.

thanks michael dap
0
dap (10)

Requesting Data from Old Server Name
We recently switched servers in a company with over 300 workstations. Everyone can get the mail off of the new server. Many outlook clients are requesting data from the old server for some unknown reason. They get that annoying box that pops up in the right corner of the screen. So why are some peoples outlooks requesting data from the old server? how do i fix this? ...

Line graphs with multiple data sets
I need to create a line graph with the following information: The Johnson family is planning a weeklong vacation in California and needs to rent a car. They don’t know exactly how far they will drive, but they estimate between 400 and 800 miles. Here are their options: Weekly Rates Daily Rates $329 per week, unlimited mileage $50 per day, unlimited mileage $219 per week, plus 12 cents per mile $40 per day, plus 3 cents per mile Note: Any partial week will be charged a full week’s price. Note: Any partial day will be charged a full day’s price. Complete the following: Represent the ...

Validating hyperlinks and text for hyperlink
I have an issue where I have hyperlinks that do not match the text that's shown for them. I think what happened is that someone copied the cells down and just changed the text, but not the hyperlink. Here is an example of the problem. Hyperlink displayed: www.microsoft.com Link coded: www.yahoo.com How can we validate which hyperlinks match and which ones don't? Thanks in advance. Barb Reinhardt Barb, The following code will put the each hyperlink's address next to the cell. And some other stuff which you can rem out. Insert four columns after your column of hyp...

default data on form
I want each new form to open already containing some of the data from the previous form. I have seen several ideas but none of them worked for me. I am using Access 2000 It would keep everyone here from wasting our time, Pauline, if you could tell what you've already tried that didn't work for you. There are a number of schemes that work in this situation. -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200705/1 ...

Pivottable data field
I have noticed that when a field with no values is inserted in the layout as data, one of my pivottable shows this field as part of the pivottable, and on another it is excluded. Why the inconsistentcy? ...

[MFC + DAO] Data selection
Hi, I've connection to database ( .mdb file) In one of tabels i've some fields: e.g like those: idTab - Autonumering idWho - Number idOK - Number idBad - Number And what i want to do is: const char pszIDTabFind[] = "idTab = %s "; CString strId - ID taken from another table CString str; str.Format( pszIDTabFind, strID ); RS.FindFirst ( str ); And what i get? An exception:/ !! Sth like : "Operation for this object is not supported" Why i can't find any data? What's more if i search for strings everything goes ok. Could You please tell me how should i...

Cross-Verifying Data in EXCEL #2
Two issues: My data is not in the same order, and cannot be filtered so that it i in the same order. One worksheet has more rows than the other, fo example. And also, I need it to cross-verify two columns. So if in worksheet A the data is, employee1 manager mandy employee2 manager carol employee3 manager andy employee4 manager andrew and in worksheet B the data is, employee1 manager mandy employee3 manager andy employee2 manager alex employee4 manager andrew i want it to cross-verify this type of data. and pinpoint that the dat has discrepencies with employee2 -- Pre ----------------...

how do you read in data from excel spreadsheet for xml
i need to read the data in a spreadsheet and use the data for attribute to put into xml file. i search the web but all the example that i see is to create macro by VBA. can someone give me an example on reading the data on a spreadsheet? let's say i have a spreadsheet with the following data i need the name, address and type. Name Address Type File ENC SUBNET AHU-1 1 22 C:\TEST.XML 1 1 AHU-2 2 22 C:\TEST.XML 1 1 AHU-3 3 22 C:\TEST.XML 1 1 AHU-4 4 22 C:\TEST.XML 1 1 AHU-5 5 22 C:\TEST.XML 1 1 AHU-6 6 22 C:\TEST.XML 1 1 AHU-7 7 22 C:\TEST.XML 1 1 AHU-8 8 22 C:\TEST.XML...

data type mismatch in criteria expression
I have the following query as the source for a combo and I am getting the above error message. SELECT tble_employee.Employee, tble_employee.Dept FROM tble_employee WHERE (((tble_employee.Dept)<>"Operations") AND ((tble_employee.Work)=True)) ORDER BY tble_employee.Dept, Mid([Employee],InStr([Employee]," ")+1); Hi On the face of it the SQL looks ok. From the error message I would want to double check the datatype of the following... tble_employee.Dept - Is this really text? or is it an integer foreign key? tble_employee.Work - Confirm this is yes/no tbl...

Global wage data field for employee card
We are a new CAN GP Payroll user and find that having to change each pay code (REG, OT, etc) to their new wage without having it roll down from a master field very time consuming and poses potetial problems if a particular code is left out, calculated wrong, etc. Our previous payroll package was not as good as MGP overall but had a nice feature where changes to salary were made at the employee master card level and changes calculated and rolled down to each associated pay code type that was relevant for that empoyee. In MGP Payroll, if every employee in a company of 300 received a cha...

Outlook Synch - Data Groups
Is there a way to control the Local Data group for each CRM Outlook client from the Admin side? Or do I have to go to each client to update and change Data Groups? Thanks, Jim Unfortunately, you have to go to each client to create the data group. Jo Savidge "James" wrote: > Is there a way to control the Local Data group for each CRM Outlook client > from the Admin side? > > Or do I have to go to each client to update and change Data Groups? > > Thanks, > Jim ...

Excel Data Filters
Can Excel Data Filters be formatted/enlarged so they are easier to read? For instance, can the background color be highlighted...? (It is difficult to see what info is filtered in large worksheets.) There's no way to change the font size in the AutoFilter dropdown. It will appear larger if you increase the Zoom setting. Michael-Roanoke, VA wrote: > Can Excel Data Filters be formatted/enlarged so they are easier to read? > > For instance, can the background color be highlighted...? (It is difficult > to see what info is filtered in large worksheets.) -- Debra Da...

data selected is not what appears on the chart
I am trying to change the range of data but the information I am selecting is not what is showing up on the chart. Right-click on the chart, and select "Source Data". Look at what is in your data series. -- David Biddulph "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2730EF4A-9575-41D5-958F-9C360CFAF4EA@microsoft.com... >I am trying to change the range of data but the information I am selecting >is > not what is showing up on the chart. ...

Customer Sales Data
Is there a way to merge duplicate names while at the same time adding the sales entry associated with the name entry. (Customer/Sales data was imported from Excel. If John Smith was a customer 4 times, there would be four "john smith" rows each with a different sales purchase amount in a separate column. I am trying to combine the 4 rows into a single john smith row but with the combined total sales amount of the 4 different purchases) Thanks! Sure. SELECT name, SUM(sale) FROM tableName GROUP BY name There is a rule for 'group by' or 'total' queries: ...

Cell Validation for Decimals
How can I set the cell validation of a list of cells to have a value(less than 4 Decimal place)? Thanks. Ringo Tan "ringo" <ringo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > How can I set the cell validation of a list of cells to have a > value(less than 4 Decimal place)? (Adapted from a previous post by Ron Rosenfeld) Select the list of cells, say A1:A10 Click Data > Validation > Settings tab Select "Custom" under Allow: Put in the "Formula:" box: =(A1*10^3)=INT(A1*10^3) Click OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <...

Updating data in MS CRM from other places
Hi all We use relationships extensively but find that when using Advanced Find we can't define the joins necessary to create the set of Contacts required for a marketing list. (I think it would be good if I could save an Advanced Find, and then be able to use that within another Advanced Find - like a sub-query - but that's another matter). Anyway, as a quick solution, I have used queries in MS Access to identify the list of Contacts required. I have customised, adding a new field to the Contact table, and want to be able to set this field from in MS Access on those Contact ro...

Forms - Call Data from Another Table
Hi I'm used to using lookups and forms etc but need to do something that I think links queries, VBA (completely new to) and forms: I have a form for creating new applicants I want to build a form that allows the user to search a contacts table on FirstName, MiddleName, Surname; receive a list of matches and then either 1. Select one of the matches which would then populate the applicants table or 2. Reject the matches and create a new record as normal Can you anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks James Sounds like you are asking how to do callbacks. Open a sub form ...

UserForm Data to Spreadsheet
Is it possible when writing Userform data elements to a spreadsheet to specify exactly the cell you want the first piece of data to populate. I have tried a number of methods which allocate the data to the first available free cell or row but this is not exactly what I want to do here. For example, I would like to specify Cell "C4" to receive the first piece of data from the userform with subsequent pieces of data from that submission populating "D4,E4,F4" etc. The next time data is submitted from the Userform I would like it to start at "C5". Sorry for ...

Excel Import goes thru without any data
Experts, I have been importing excel data to Project for years and never seen this problem. Today I was helping one of our users to import a list of assignments from Excel to a project schedule. We opened the excel file and went through the import wizard until we got to Finish. it went through but no data came in. I tried the same excel and same project files on my computer and everything worked fine. I did see that he did not have the "allow files with legacy format to open", but when I checked it didnt help either. what ami missing Hadi Hadi, What did you ...

Color of data when I paste
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Whenever I paste an email address from Mail into and Excel cell, the default color is gray and I would like it to be black. Any ideas? ...

summarizing selected data on a grid
I have a grid that I use to define attributes. I want to summarize only the selected "types" (i'm just using "x" to select on my grid). For example, by taking: A B C Type1 x Type2 x x Type3 x Type4 x x Type5 x x I want to output: A Type1 Type2 Type5 With similar output's for B & C. I could do it with if statements, but it's a pretty big grid, so I have a lot of blank rows. Is there a better way? Thanks. Hi! Have a look at your post: I suspect it has not reproduced as yo intended. The table of x's doesn't seem to match the scri...

Data Migration Framework can't run
HI. I had installed the Data Migration Framework 3.0 on my crm 3.0 server,but when I run the Data Migration Framework,a System.File.IOException raised. On commandline mode,run Microsoft.Crm.DataMigration.CdfMigrationTool.exe, it's same,here is the exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: can't find��Micros ..Crm" File Name: ��Microsoft.Crm�� at Microsoft.Crm.DataMigration.CdfMigrationTool.CDFtoCRM.Main(String[] args anybody can help me? "Bill Lee" <bill77189@163.com> д���ʼ� news:%23MmJLFMWGHA.1192@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > HI. > I had installed the...

Can't enter data in query datasheet
I have a query (involving multiple tables) that I want to execute and then use to enter/change data via the datasheet which results from the query. On most queries, I am able to do that. One this one, I can't. What is the criteria for determining what queries will allow data entry and which queries won't? What do I have to do to this query to allow data entry? SELECT [4GateMeetingTimes].Time, ActivityTbl.Activity_ActivityKey, ActivityTbl.Activity_Deployment, ActivityTbl.Activity_Name, ActivityTbl.Activity_Status, ActivityTbl.Activity_Type, ActivityTbl.Activity_Pl...

DSUM not pulling the data
Using Excel XP. =============== I'm setting up a budget workbook, and one sheet (5 Year Strategic Plan) has a DSUM in it under a column labeled "2007": =DSUM(Capital,'Capital Projects'!$P$3,$E$39:$F$42)*12+DSUM(Capital,'Capital Projects'!$P$3,$V$17:$W$23) It shows "zero" as the value pulled, yet when I look at the sheet labeled "Capital Projects", I see 2 values that should have been pulled (just dummy data for now): $1500 on Jan 2007 and $2000 on June 2007. $E$39:$F$42 corresponds to: Capital Timing Land Monthly Buildings M...

Total from SubReport Data But Not in SubReport
Hello, This is probably pretty simple, but I have created a report where the main display is a subreport of items ordered by the customer order and price. I would like to total the prices in the main report, but not from a total on the subreport. The price field is called Expr5. I have tried =Sum([Expr5]), but this gives and #Error I can't figure out what you are asking. If you don't want the total from the subreport, what do you want? Values displayed in a report must come from somewhere. "Expr5" means nothing to any of us other than you haven't taken the time ...