Data transfer

I am receiving data by a plc access program into a cell.How do I move it down
a list as fresh data arrives.
0
Leicester (1)

Copying data to a blank column
I would like to copy data from 1 column in sheet1 starting at row 12 to the first empty column starting at row 8 in sheet2. sub trythis()'SAS untested sc=2 slr=sheets("sheet1").cells(rows.count,sc).end(xlup).row with sheets("sheet2") dlc=.cells(1,columns.count).end(xltoleft).column+1 sheets("sheet1").cells(12,sc).resize(slr) copy .cells(8,dlc) end with end sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Ed Davis" <ed.davis1@verizon.net> wrote in message news:6F9BC9EC-E48E-42CC-84D8-01C007B0C6E8@micr...

Transpose & offset data from a table
I have the following table and I would like to have each item on one row # Acc# Dr Cr # Count Info 1271 1030 4.67 1 3 Cr 2200 0.27 1 3 Dr 6050 4.41 1 3 Dr 1288 1030 7.87 2 2 Cr 6090 7.87 2 2 Dr 1617 1030 61.9 3 4 Cr 2200 2.59 3 4 Dr 6050 4.11 3 4 Dr 6550 55.2 3 4 Dr 1958 1000 45.9 4 5 Cr 1000 39.2 4 5 Cr 2200 4.01 4 5 Dr 6310 37.4 4 5 Dr 6630 43.7 4 5 Dr There is info that can help with determining items Count - checks how many items should be transposed Info - provides the information whea...

Matching data in two spreadsheets
I have 2 spreadsheets. In spreadsheet A I have a column of e-mail addresses 500 names long. In spreadsheet B, I have these same e-mail addresses plus 800 more all randomly listed in a column. I want to sort the long B list such that the e-mails that match the short A list are noted or the non-matches are deleted or whatever is appropriate. I'm using Excel for the Mac v X One way .. Assume the data is in col A, A1 down in both sheets A and B And Sheet A is the "master" reference, so as to speak In sheet: B ------------ Put in B1: =IF(A1="","",IF(MA...

Import data from Adobe Acrobat PDF Files
How can I import text as data from acrobat pdf files? Open the file in Acrobat Reader, then Select all text > Ctrl-C then move to cell A1 on a new worksheet and do Ctrl-V This will put all the text in column A....... It can be then broken out with Data > TextToColumns............. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Ricky S" <why767@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OHJY74iNFHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How can I import text as data from acrobat pdf files? > > > ...

Excel data entry: choice of control for selection
I need to distribute a workbook as a data entry device that applies a few constriants. In column A I have a list of Names. In Column B a City needs to be selected from a limited list for each Name. The text below describes "nearly there" options I've explored; but I'd like opinion from experience. The objective is to be easy to for the user to work around, reliable for its purpose of constraining values, and ease of build and maintenance. 1. Is there a good way to replicate a Forms control (e.g., the listbox) down an Excel column, so that it both addresses the cell benea...

Excel version 2002
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C7D868.40B0B770 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Please, I need help. I am using a mainframe connectivity application (called Vista TN3270) to = pull data (realtime) from mainframe screens and paste that data into = Excel using copy function of TN3270 and the paste function from Excel. I copy the info from mainframe into the clipboard and then I created an = AutoOpen macro in Excel that opens, pastes the data from the clipboard, = saves the data, the...

Loss of Data when upgrading To HQ
I was reading the Getting Started Guide for HQ and it said that we could "lose transaction data, customer data and other locally originated data if we export a database from HQ" Loss of transactions is not a good thing. Am I reading this wrong? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01CD_01C6D3FC.51DD3A30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Tony, I think you read it wrong. =20 When you are creating a HQ database for the first time from an SO = database, some info doesn't transfer u...

Data retention, archiving, offline pst searching et al.
hi there, my outlook storage has grown dramatically over the last couple of years. every couple of months I try to get rid of old data, but I have not found a good balance between reducing my "online" storage and having still access to older messages in a good way. so I thought I'd ask you out there if you eventually have some better ideas than I have. I have: Windows XP, Exchange server, Outlook 2007, offline folders in .ost file (max 200MB limit from Exchaneg server), ca. 90 (!) .pst files in sizes between 10MB up to 660MB, total 9GB of messages. currently all opened in...

How do i number a list of data in excel 2003?
I was shown once, but I can't remember how it was done. I have a list of 5000 things and I need to number then 1-5000, but don't want to go through all 5000. I have seen it done where you type the first few like 1-7 and then use a shortcut and drag it down the rest of the list and the numbers will populate. Please help! You can try something like this: =IF(B1="","",COUNTA($B$1:B1) copy down....or if there are no gabs in your list simply double click on the lower right corner of the cell. HTH JG -- pinmaster -------------------------------------------------...

Add source data to an existing chart?
Hello! I am building a chart to display, by date, data in columns G (breakfast), D (lunch), and J (dinner). I can get the chart with dates along one axis and column G along the other, but how do I add the data from D and J to create a stacked bar, to show for each day how each of the three columns compare and give a daily total for all three meals? :confused: THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP! :) -- navychef ------------------------------------------------------------------------ navychef's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29457 View this threa...

Importing data

Data from Excel to Access Table
Hello, I have this code setup in Excel but I want to be able to upload multiple rows at one time. Is there a way to incorporate this into my code? Also, is there a way to upload cells that are blank as well? Right now it won't allow me to upload cells that are blank. Can this be done? Sub UploadData() Dim MyCn As ADODB.Connection Dim SQLStr As String Set MyCn = New ADODB.Connection MyCn.Open "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; " & _ "DBQ=\\Bcar1\bcar-net\Quality-ISO\Quality-Control\BC-Quality-Control\BC QA mdb\BC Quality Action Database.mdb;SystemDB=\...

Data entry slow in an Access project
I am using a form for data entry in an Access 2003 project. The back-end data is on a remote server reached over the internet. The data source for the form is a table with 3200 records. The form also displays 6 sub-forms which display data from child tables of the main table. There is a 3-4 second delay when the user moves from one field to another on the form after modifying an existing record or entering data for a new record. During the delay, the status bar below displays a 'Calculating' message. The table is not actually updated until the user moves to a different record ...

how to make gaps in plotted data when cell has formula
I have a simple data set with a value for each month except June. I want the chart to reflect a gap for June, not a zero value. Although I did tools, options, chart, make empty cells plot as gaps, it still plots the June value as a zero. In an attempt to get rid of div/o error, I have a formula in the data set as If (b5=0, "", c5/b5) . What I'm plotting is the quotient c/b. We have determined that the formula is what is causing the problem. Interestingly, if I open this same worksheet (as is) in quattro pro, the gap appears in the chart. Is there a different way to do th...

Possible to 'copy' cell data into another cell?
If for example A1 contains: hello B1 contains: you Is there a equation/command to put in cell C1 to get it to copy info from other cells i.e. so C1 shows: hello you ???????? =a1 & " " & b1 If you decide you want money or dates, you can use something like: =a1&" "&b1&text(c1,"mm/dd/yyyy") Dave wrote: > > If for example > > A1 contains: hello > B1 contains: you > > Is there a equation/command to put in cell C1 to get it to copy info > from other cells i.e. so C1 shows: hello you > > ??????...

Updating the ntext data type in SQL Server from a MFC Application
How would perform this type of update using IADORecordBinding? I have been trying to work with WCHAR, adLongVarWChar and CString. I can declare WCHAR as a static array but this limits the amount of input available. I need something more dynamic. ...

[ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default dr
Please Help… I have a button on a unbound form, that fires a macro to run the code below… however… I keep getting [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified I believe I have everything as far as Access installed correctly… Is there a problem with my code? Public Function Update_Assign() As String 'Error Handling On Error GoTo Err_Update_Assign_Click 'Establish Dim allRecords As ADODB.Recordset Dim cnCh5 As ADODB.Connection Dim strConnection As String Dim cmdCommand As ADODB.Command Set cmdCommand = New ADODB.Command Dim M...

External Data Query
I have a worksheet that was originally set up with the Get External Data-->New Database Query menu option, I used ODBC data sources and entered my user id and password at the time. Since then, I use the Refresh Data menu option monthly to get new data. The password is embedded in the worksheet so I don't need to enter it a second time. However, I just changed my password on the database server and now Refresh Data gives me an ODBC error (Attempt to connect to the server failed.) I can't find a way to update the worksheet with the new password. Help please! >-----Origi...

Need an Idea on Arranging Data for a Chart
I have an Access Database that has thousands of records in it. Each record has the following fields (simplified): Date, Site, Seconds I have a workbook that wueries the database, and brings in data into a table for each site that has the Date and Seconds on each line of the table. I would like to graph the data, based on groupings that the user will choose, so maybe they would like to each data point on the line be the average for a week, and the line would show 10 weeks, etc. What I am struggling with is how to get from the frist table, to one that is grouped by day, or week, or mont...

sychronizing data between two servers
Hello: We just moved GP and its SQL data from one server to another. The old server will be used as a backup server, should the new server ever go offline. In the event that the new server does go offline, IT will take backups of the SQL databases and restore into the old server. The head of IT is wondering if there is some sort of automated means of synchronizing the data between the two servers. Ideally, he'd like to press a button on Friday or Saturday and have the new GP transactions and changes transferred to the old server. Is there a such way of accomplishing this? chil...

Data Labels #15
I need to align data values so that they appear outside the bar chart at the top of the chart. Excel only allows to choose the data value to appear inside the top of the bar chart. Please advise. Have a look at these add-ins (free) Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Mike Jacobs" <Mike Jacobs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39F619CB-1F50-42C8-9F5E-A25A02CA28C0@microsoft.com... ...

how to create mailing labels from excel data?
I need step by step instructions of how to create mailing labels from data in excel. I have tried using the online support directions and I can't get it to work. Thanks so much Hi Tyra my advice would be to use Word to create your mailing labels with Excel as the mail-merge data source. however, for this to work, the data is excel needs to go across columns so that one row is one piece of information for one recipient. for step by step instructions on how to perform the merge please reply with your word & excel versions. Cheers JulieD "Tyra" <Tyra@discussions.micr...

Migrating existing Outlook data to Windows 7 (from XP)
I installed Office 2007 on Windows and then restored the .pst form a backup done under XP. How do I prevent Outlook from downloading all the emails again from my ISPs? Is there a registry setting that needs to be changed? I still have the XP installation so I can find the setting there if I know what to look for. Cheers, Martin And how did you restore the pst? "Martin" <sirraheelnitram@gmail.com> wrote in message news:02dd518e-adc6-460c-9c83-712a219e3f65@a6g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > I installed Office 2007 on Windows and then restored the .pst form a &...

entering 0 to a range of data in a column
How do i Prefix 0 to all the data in a perticular data. Eg. I have different No. like 1234, 3432, 3453 etc in a column and want to see that it shows up as 01234,03432,03453 If it is just for display just use a custom format like 00000, if you need 5 characters in the cell you can use a help column and then use =TEXT(A2,"00000") copy down, edit>paste special as values in place, delete original column -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Manoj Nair" <Nair,Manoj@kuwait.army.mil> wrote in message news:90A3390A-3C10-4967-A639-80C0680C7E45@microsoft.com... > How do i Pre...

Changed Data array #4
Anyone?? BUm -- Scottm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Scottmk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=170 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27290 ...