data lookup

Here is my problem,
I have a database with an assortment of data in a that takes place on many
multiple days, and on each day i have multilple entries, and this database
grows everyday, i.e.

Date      Time  Amount  category
1/1/10   1:00       x             y
1/1/10   2:00       x             y
1/1/10   3:00       x             y
..
..
..
1/31/10  1:00   x             y
1/31/10  2:00   x             y
etc.
What i want to do is have a worksheet that corresponds to each individual
days worth of data.  So when i put a date in the corresponding cell at the
top of the any new sheet it will pull all the data from that database that
corresponds to that date and places it on that sheet.  Each date can have
anywhere from 1-500 entries in it.  What i basically want is a formula or
multilple formulas that will inturn act like a pivot table but not look like
a pivot table.  let me know if you need more clearification.

restrict data in combo box
I have a combo box that lists returns. The returns can be open or closed. I want the user to be able to restrict the data in the combo box if they check the [ckOpen] check box. I've tried several ways but none of them work. Any help would be appreciated. Combo box query: SELECT tReturns.MerchandiseReturnNo, tReturns.VendorName, tReturns.VendorID, tReturns.Description, tReturns.ReturnDate, tReturns.COGAccountNo, tReturns.ReturnAmount, tReturns.Status, tReturns.CompanyID, tReturns.MerchandiseReturnNo, IIf([Forms]! [fReturns]![ckOpen]=True,[Status]="Open","*") AS ReturnOp...

Combining data from multiple sheets
I have been using OmniPage 12 to scan columnar data and then export it to Excel. So far I have had reasonable success with the OCR formatting but when exporting the data, each scanned sheet becomes a sheet in Excel. I want all the data on one sheet so that I can manipulate it (sort, pivot, etc.). I have had no luck with help at the OmniPage bulletin board so I thougt, alternatively, is there a way to combine data from multiple sheets that would be simpler than copy/paste. Hi Ron - Have you tried going from the other direction? If OmniPage allows you to save the files as Text (I beli...

Error in set up data source
I'm using Windows XP and Office 2K. I tried to set up a data source connecting to an Acces table. When I picked the fields to be included in my query, I got the 'Syntax error in FROM clause' error prompt. The same resulted for connecting to an Excel table but there was no such problem for connection to a dBase (.dbf) file. Any idea? -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- ...

messy data
Hi All, I have a problem with splitting some messy data and was hoping that someone could help me! I have a field which looks like this below: category6-category5-category4-category3-category2-category1 which I want to turn into this below, but in there own seperate columns: A B C D E F category1 category2 category3 category4 category5 category6 NOW, the problem is that sometimes the field doesn't go all the way to category6, it can go down to as little as category1 or category2 so would look like the below: category2-cate...

Get data out of a dataset.
Hi all! I use a dataset.ReadXML() to fill a dataset with data. With this I get different tables and relations availible in my dataset. What I�m wondering is: wich is the easy way to go here if I want to get specific values with "childvalues" via relations, out of this. Like a kind of sql:s "join" or something. /Marre Just an idea... if you fill a DataSet and then save the contents to disk as a Diffgram, using: DataSet.WriteXml(fileName, XmlWriteMode.Diffgram), you can see what the XML that is required to create the keys and relations looks like. ...

including dblink in a query to retrieve data
I connect to a table using a db link i want to execute an spl query and populate results in to a pivo table. My MS Query does not allow me to use a dblink and connect to th table. Please help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Exclusion List for Data Validation??
Hello! I have cells that require an entry (last names of people), so I have the validation set up for text >1 and <1000. This is good if the user decides to leave it blank, but if they put in a space, or two spaces, or more, or put in words like "none" "N/A" "unknown", etc, those responses are unacceptable. So how can I set up validation to allow for any entry except for blanks, spaces, or a list of words that I will constantly have to adjust as users get more creative? Thanks! VR/ Lost It would be really difficult to try and trap *every possible* ille...

Formatting Col C based on data in Col B
I have to format a report every day that is imported from SQL to Excel. My problem is that I am stuck on trying to "insert" text descriptions in Column C based on what is in Column B. The number of rows may vary from day to day (ie: one day the report is 315 rows and the next it may be 278 or 480). So, the total range of Col B would extend from (B2:end) on any given day. In plain language, If any of the data in Range (B:B) begins with "ML*" insert UPPERCASE "ABC" in Col C2 or If any of the data in Range(B:B) begins with "W*" insert UPPERCASE ...

Ghost Data/Large Operation
I have inherited a spreadsheet from a former coworker. In this spreadsheet, I cannot add or remove column(s)/row(s) without getting the "Large Operation" message indicating 'this is going to take forever to accomplish and are you sure you want to do this?' That's even for one column or row. I'm almost positive it has something to do with this sheet thinking that the last cell of data is EI1046599 even though there is no data in many thousands of rows and several dozen columns up to that point. My normal solution for this type of situation is to copy al...

MSCRM tools for data deduplication
Hi ppl, We are looking to use it for a potential MSCRM project for a large entreprise customer. The customer has multiple sources of customer data (over 5 databases), and what we are trying to achieve is to build a single source of customer data (ie, a customer master database in MSCRM). As there are multiple sources of customer data, there are many duplicate customer records. (eg, records could be in format such as Anthony Smith, Tony Smith, Toni Smith, etc). What we plan to do is to write some data conversion scripts using the MSCRM Data Migration Framework to load data from these datab...

Query to count between list of number (Predicting Start/End that may occur in data range)
Hi, I have a below list of numbers. 566667 566668 566669 566665 566666 566671 566672 566680 I want a query that would return a count between start and end of range. Like Start End Quantity 566665 566669 5 566671 566672 2 566680 566680 1 Thank you. On 2 apr, 07:17, Angela <ims...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a below list of numbers. > > 566667 > 566668 > 566669 > 566665 > 566666 > 566671 > 566672 > 566680 > > I want a query that would return a coun...

Select data for plot
I want to create a simple line chart for each project; but need the ability for the user to not plot a particular project (Y 0r N) Proj1 Proj2 Proj3 Proj4 Y Y Y N 11.3% 8.5% 1.8% 0.9% 16.1% 12.4% 3.7% 1.5% 21.3% 16.6% 6.9% 3.9% Any ideas? Thanks Saintsman So far you have Proj1 through Proj4 Data. Add four more columns for Proj1 through Proj4 Chart. Assuming there is also a first column for some kind of categories or dates, Proj1 Data is column D, Proj1 Chart is column F, row 2 has the Y/N.... then put this formula in F3: =IF(B$2="Y",B3,NA()) fill this formula across to colu...

how can i build a three variable data table in excel ?
I know it is feasible but I can't figure out how to do it. Hi not really sure what you mean with this. Could you give an example? "Solario" wrote: > I know it is feasible but I can't figure out how to do it. Maybe?? dim myTable(1 to 2, 1 to 8, 1 to 17) as variant mytable(1,1,1) = "hi" mytable(1,1,2) = "there" ..... mytable(2,8,17) = "whew! that's a lot of entries" Solario wrote: > > I know it is feasible but I can't figure out how to do it. -- Dave Peterson ...

Data Modeling:Lookup table and Main table:establishing relationshi
I am working on creating data model from existing database using MS Visio 2007 Profesional Edition. Existing database is w/o PK-FKs & I am working to create relational DB which enforces RI. I have a lookup table which contains language codes,used by main table. The problem ,I am running into, is that these languagecodes(from lookup table) are used by 3 columns in main table. So, I am wondering how can I enforce PK-FK relationship here. As in... language_code from lookup table is PK and it has to associated w/ column(s) existing in main table. Something like following: Lookup Table ...

I did not save changes in Excel and now I lost data. Go Back?
I was asked if I wanted to save changes in Excel and I said no. Now I have lost valuable data. Can I go back and get those previous changes? If you opened a workbook and made changes then said "No" to save changes, you are out of luck. Start typing<g> Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:34:01 -0800, "brian" <brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was asked if I wanted to save changes in Excel and I said no. Now I have >lost valuable data. Can I go back and get those previous changes? ...

Help using lookup function
I'm having trouble using the lookup function. I have numbers that look like this in a list, although it's only part of what I'm using: -11 2179 -10 2420 -9 2661 -8 2897 -7 3123 -6 3332 -5 3521 -4 3683 -3 3814 -2 3910 -1 3970 0 3989 1 3970 2 3910 3 3814 4 3683 5 3521 6 3332 7 3123 8 2897 9 2661 10 2420 11 2179 When I use the lookup function on another sheet of the cell, it does not look up the proper value always. My columns go from (-100, 100). Outside the values of (-10,10), the lookup works properly. These are the lookup cells: -11 2179 -10 2420 -9 2420 -8 2897 -7 3123 ...

Importing data from a text file
I have to import raw data from a text file that Excel cannot break into columns, and the import is unsuccessful. would VBA be a better choice, having it specifically search for data? there are 3 specific types of files and all the files (of the same type) are formatted exactly the same. thanks in advance -- jbaranski ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jbaranski's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36862 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=566746 Why can't Excel break the ...

Utilizing a portion of data in SUMPRODUCT
Based on prior input from the group, I am using the following formula: =SUMPRODUCT(--(Log!B3:B80=1997),--(Log!E3:E80=17)) The data in Column B is actually a full date, entered yyyy/mm/dd. With the data in this format, I get a formula result of 0. If I eliminate the /mm/dd, I get the correct result of 1. I have tried the formula with and without quotes around the Condition. The person for whom I am creating this spreadsheet has asked that the date be kept together, rather than separating out the year. Is there some way I can maintain the data in Column B and change the formula to ge...

Linking rows of data to another worksheet
Worksheet One contains survey data pertaining to customer satisfaction for all of our building communities. The data is entered in each row as follows.. .. community name, lot number, buyer name, etc. Therefore, this worksheet contains all the survey results for all of our buyers, and then based on the survey responses, an overall rating is calculated. I would like to then link each row to its corresponding worksheet per community. By doing this, I can calculate the survey ratings per community as opposed to the overall rating calculated on worksheet One. I would greatly appreciate any as...

Link Chart with data cell (cl
This was your questio Hi I want to link all the points in my xychart with the rows of the data that are in the chart. i.e. after a mouseclick on the chart data the user will be redirected to the data row The idea is to create a link to a text cell, situated in the same row as the data, which explains the details to each point Thanks in advance for your help Mattia ...

Convert Data to columns heading
Example: Product | Date | Sales ----------------------- A | Jan94 | 200 A | Feb94 | 300 A | Mar94 | 400 A | Apr94 | 500 A | May94 | 600 A | Jun94 | 700 A | Jul94 | 800 A | Aug94 | 200 A | Sep94 | 300 A | Oct94 | 400 A | Nov94 | 500 A | Dec94 | 600 B | Jan94 | 200 B | Feb94 | 300 B | Mar94 | 400 B | Apr94 | 500 B | May94 | 600 B | Jun94 | 700 B | Jul94 | 800 B | Aug94 | 200 B | Sep94 | 300 B | Oct94 | 400 B | Nov94 | 500 B | Dec94 | 600 How can I convert it to: Product | Jan94 | Feb94 | Mar94 | Apr94 | May94| Jun94 | Jul94...... ----------------------------------------------------------------...

how to view changes to data by user?
How do I view changes/updates made to a database by various data-entrier by their names and time of the day? Any info is appreciated! Conie code: AddFieldToTable, AddDateUserToTables --- Hi Connie, Add these fields to every table: UserIDc, long integer -- userID who created record UserIDm, long integer -- userID who modified record DateCreated, date/time -- date/time record was created DateModified, date/time -- date/time record was modified DateCreated can have a default valut --> =Now() and it will get filled automatically each time a record is created UserIDc can ber filled o...

Assignment Level Data in My Timesheet View
I'm working with Project Server 2007. I would like my users to be able to see the assignment level data for a custom enterprise field be displayed (and NOT editable) within the My Timesheet view. Note that I have created the field based upon a lookup table with 2 values and set the "calculation for assignment rows" to "roll down, unless manually specified". How can I bring this assignment level data into the My Timesheet View? Theoretically, you simply need to add the assignment level version of the field to the view and create a new timesheet that contain...

chart type affecting data order
When I change the chart type from bar to line (for example), it changes the order that the data is displayed in the data table. How do I keep data in the data table in the same order that I entered it? You would have to use an alternative to a data table. Make a table in the worksheet, where you have much finer control over what appears, where it appears, and how it appears (formats). Then either situate the chart close to this table, or use the camera tool to paste a dynamic picture of the table one or near the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custo...

Chart Data Won't Display
Hello, I've inherited a line chart. I successfully changed the data range last month by dragging the outline box. This month, though, I can drag the outline box, but in the chart, the value won't show up. Does this make sense to anyone? Thanks! ...