Data fill question

Hi all,
How do I do an auto fill on a certain amount of cells in a range of  numbers
but at the end of the number there is a dash s. For example: 343-s,
344-s,345-s and so on. I tried to do the auto fill but it is just repeating
the sequence of numbers?
0
Erin (39)

You could use a formula. With the first cell filled in
(like A1), put this in A2 and fill down:

=(LEFT(A1,FIND("-",A1)-1)+1)&"-s"

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jasonjmorin (551)
3/31/2005 9:56:42 PM
Erin

Would a custom format work for you?

Format>Cells>Number>Custom  type in ###0"-s"

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:11:01 -0800, "Erin" <Erin@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hi all,
>How do I do an auto fill on a certain amount of cells in a range of  numbers
>but at the end of the number there is a dash s. For example: 343-s,
>344-s,345-s and so on. I tried to do the auto fill but it is just repeating
>the sequence of numbers?

0
Gord

Newbie Registry question.
I'm using MFC and i want to save data to the registry just before my application shuts down. What is the best way of doing that? I do not seem to be able to find a registry class in MFC. Can anyone help? I would welcome any code example assuming the data is an ip address written from an edit box. Thanks in advance JB look at the functions: CWinApp::WriteProfileInt CWinApp::WriteProfileString and the variable: CWinApp::m_pszRegistryKey in the help, that should get you going. "bredal Jensen" <bred.jen@mimosa.com> wrote in message news:OzwA2$teEHA.3028@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx...

Table design question
Hi All, I just wanted to see if the design of some fields in the table are standard practice. The database admin set up a Code_Desc table with fields Code_Type_ID, Code_Value and Code_Desc Code_Desc Code_Type_ID, Code_Value, Code_Desc 1 1 Emp Status - Active 1 2 Emp Status - Inactive 2 1 Emp Type - Associate 2 2 Emp Type - Manager 2 3 Emp Type - Auditor 3 1 ...

Data Import
i have tried on two occasions to import numerous leads. The first import was over 400 and the seconds was just under 100. On both occasions, I have not gotten all of the leads I have imported. As you can see with the math, I should have somewhere near 500 + leads to play with CRM. I have a total of 19. There shouldn't be a limit on the total number of items to import? I have not looked at the database itself to see if the leads have actually imported and only 19 are displaying. If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate the input. go to workplace - activities then bulk import...

Category question
If you lend some money to a friend, what is this best way to categorise and record this transaction in Money? Would it be categorised as Income when the money is paid back to you? Say Irregular Income? What if they pay you some interest? Thank you. Create an account called Loans Due Me. When you lend the money, it's a transfer to that account. Record who it is with a memo. If they pay you back, withdraw it from the account as transfer. If they pay you interest, record it as split with the reimbursed amount transferred from the Loans account and an income category for the int...

Importing data from web site
Hi Is there any procedure with VB to mimic something like the 'get external data from web' function within Excel. I would like to import currency exchange rate data from a web site and show the results in a listview control. Any help on this would be very much appreciated. TIA "Martin Parker" <MartinParker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:600CD518-8C01-44FB-9401-0D579F56BB27@microsoft.com... > Hi > > Is there any procedure with VB to mimic something like the 'get external > data from web' function within Excel....

Fill Color Not Visible
When I open a spreadsheet that I know has certain cells filled w/color, I can't view the color, only black & white. When I view the spreadsheet using print preview, I can see the color. The document will print in color as well. Is there a way to change the view from greyscale to color? The high contrast setting may be turned on. There's information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 Ken wrote: > When I open a spreadsheet that I know has certain cells > filled w/c...

Care to fill in the IT survey for me?
Hi everyone, I need your help to fill in my MBA's thesis Survey "Eliminate SPAM" for me. If you have friends who can fill in the survey for me, please forwarded/pass it to them as well. The link is at http://www.pod-hr.com/wil/mbit_users.htm I will post the results after the survey is over... Thank you very much. No, don't bother posting any results from this spam mail. Gather your information using a method other than a self-help forum for assistance with Microsoft Outlook problems. Since this is for an MBA, let's hope you have taken the required ethics course...

CRM 4.0 Data Migration Configuration
I finally was able to get the Data Migration Manager to install and connect to the database, but when I try to launch it, I'm getting an message that the "Data Migration Manager encountered an error while setting up the temporary migration database." I saw the note in the readme file about deleting the registry entry and restarting the manager, but that didn't work. The temporary database appears to have been created on the server where I'm running SQL Server. Does anyone have a suggestion about something I should check? -- -Jim I am having exactly the same pr...

How to automatically rearrange data on a worksheet.
Hi all. I am a noob when it comes to Excel, so I hope there is some of yo gurus who can help me out with a probably trivial problem. Thing is, I have a program that automatically logs data to a CSV file All the data is added sequentally to the file. If I open it with Excel it looks like this: Code ------------------- VarName TimeString VarValue Test_tag_00 20-10-2005 13:41 1 Test_tag_01 20-10-2005 13:41 2 Test_tag_02 20-10-2005 13:41 3 Test_tag_03 20-10-2005 13:41 4 Test_tag_00 20-10-2005 13:48 1 Test_tag_01 20-10-2005 13:48 2 Test_ta...

Move Outlook data to another computer
Purchased a new laptop. How do i backup and move outlook 2003 from my desktop to my laptop. Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, J.J asked: | Purchased a new laptop. How do i backup and move outlook | 2003 from my desktop to my laptop. ...

Tab control question about updates
Searched but couldn't see this discussed. I have a form with 5 tabs. Data can be loaded three ways, manually entered, imported from a text file, and imported from a Word template. On one of the tabs (the second) when the user enters information such as a social sec. number (SSN) that matches a file already in the system, a flag goes off and alerts the user. Works fine. On the import functions, the data is loaded and appears correctly, but when the user moves to the second tab where the SSN number appears, it does not set off the flag when the page opens. I can make it happen with a c...

outlook 2007 cached mode question
With the cached mode a copy of the mailbox is stored locally. Does this mean that a user can go to another user's cached copy and open/read it? Each of my users has to be a local administrator because of a records management system we use, so each person's "private" folders are mapped to a shared network drive where security settings restrict access. If a local administrator would have access to the cached copies of mailboxes I would have to manually change the storage location. If I disable the cached mode what, if any, functionality do I lose? Bill Bill <trai...

Question #10
If possible... How do I get excel to change the color of a "grid" if I enter say specfic letter or word in it. Example. 800 columns by 800 rows All columns and rows are small as possible Each letter would mean something, and I would need the grid with tha letter to be a specifc color. To allow easy viewing of the information V = red R = grey H = blue So instead of filling in each color per grid myself, I would get exce to auto-fill Any help would be greatly appreciat -- dirtytongu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dirtytongue's Profi...

2 Formatting Questions
Date Fields: Can we, in the CRM forms, format dates to read into the “15 Aug 2005” format? This is possible in reports, but by default, the forms use only numbers for dates, but in any format. Currency: Any ideas of how to track multiple currencies in the same application - specifically USD and Canadian? I know a Microsoft CRM installation currently supports one language. But aside from using a picklist to specify "USD", "CAN", "MEX", or other I'm concerned about how their forecasting. -- Carroll Little Vis.align, LLC 610-692-3290 x3326 www.visalign.c...

Outlook 2007 question
I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable them? thanks I notice now that the problem is more severe. I cannot reply to messages, save is not working. It seems that most of the functionality is disabled. I can receive emails but cannot answer them. Any clue? this is very bothering. Thanks! "YLY" wrote: > I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the > Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable > t...

data entry on multiple worksheets
I have a book with one master worksheet and then several other worksheets with data from the master. Is it possible to have the data I enter or update on the master to automatically populate the correct information into the other worksheets, even though the other worksheets store the data on different rows than the master? Hi you could use cell links such as ='master sheet'!A1 in your target cells -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "diosdias" <diosdias@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A674ACB3-C5F7-477D-954E-561B85FF705E@microsoft.co...

Pivot Table Refresh error "Problems Obtaining Data"
I can't seem to get data or change the data source. When I refresh, I get the error message "Problems Obtaining Data" When I start the Pivot Table Wizard, the back button is grayed out so that I can't go back and change data sources. Any help is appreciated. ...

Problem with external data and #reference error
Hi, my Excel workbook has 2 sheets: 1. Source: with an external data reference to a MS Access database Query property "If number of rows changes after refresh" is set to option #1: "Insert cells for new data, delete unused cells" User chooses external query selection criteria and therefore can have different result sets. 2. Target: Formular B4: =Source!P5 Formular B5: =Source!P6 Formular B6: =Source!P7 Problem: When Source has data in rows 5, 6 and 7 formular gets calculated correctly. If Source row #5 has data and #6 and ...

move axes and axis labels behind data points on scatter chart
I'm working with a series of XY scatter charts that all pull data from the same worksheet. They are all copied from the "original" scatter chart and then just have the cell references changed so that the formatting stays consistent across the series. (The charts will be shown sequentially and I don't want anything changing other than the location of the data points.) However, on some of the charts, the axis and/ or the axis label appers on top/ in front of some of the data points and behind/ under other data points (which is what I want - the axes and labels behind th...

VBA date question
Why isn't this working? I have a form which has a text box for an attribute of type DATE. This attribute, foo, is normally null when the form is loaded. I tried setting the default value for the text box to "Date()" but it doesn't show up (i'm thinking it's because I'm actually running a join query to generate the record for the form so the form never gets the opportunity to display the default value for foo since it thinks it's supposed to be null, the result from the query) So I added some code like this: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) If (I...

Selecting Specific Data
What I want to do is to have a drop down box (like an autofilter) that will select a certain range of dates, from some data I have. e.g. from now --> 6mths later 6mths later --> 12 mths later .. and so on --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Export data to txt format file
Can I write a VB procedure that will export a table of data with specific widths? I done it manually, but no success with VB procedure -- pad On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 19:36:01 -0800, paduanow <wpaduano@go.com> wrote: >Can I write a VB procedure that will export a table of data with specific >widths? I done it manually, but no success with VB procedure Take a look at the Help for "TransferText". Yes, you can create an output specification with fixed width files, in code just as you can using File... Export. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Data Validation range
Hi, in my book i have a cell with data validation set up to collect data from a range B5:B1005. every month, this range is empty and gets filled up throughout the month. my problem is as i have set the validation range to look at the range B5:B1005, i get a massive dropdown box which ( when i have only 20 items ), is alot of space. can the validation range be sort of active so if there is only 20 items in the range, it only lists the 20 items without the other 800 spaces from the empty cell? i thought maybe a named range but i cannot get it to do what i need. any ideas greatly apprecia...

Data List #2
In relation to an earlier question, I am looking for a way of creatin box which displays the contents of a list, which when clicked on can b copied to a current cell, but other items added to this list. For example, in one spreadsheet a list of; John Paul Peter In another spreadsheet, a view of this, so that the values can easil be copied over, but also the abaility to add another name. Something like.. [Players] | John | | Paul | | Peter | ... [ADD NEW] Any ideas? Many thanks, Mic -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Mich Lookup data validation. It is very straigh...

Seperate Company for Historical Data
We would like to set up a seperate company that would contain historical or completed transaction and keep the open transaction on our live company. Is there a way to do this and if so what will we have to do to set this up? Eric One way of doing it is to create table triggers. The trigger would fire everytime there is a new transaction on the history tables. It will just copy the transaction to another database.You have to take note of the voiding historical trx process. "esf1999" wrote: > We would like to set up a seperate company that would contain historical or >...