data entry problem

I am trying to make a detailed sheet of some inventory data whic
changes each month.  The first sheet just has general data, but ther
are more columns on the second sheet with varying expanded details

Column A - product number
Column B - color
Column C - available
Column D - Misc notes (may or may not be filled in)

[SHEET 1]
Month 1
A       B       C       D
2310  blue   yes
2348  red    M/R    must sell soon
2362  blue   no

(some text data in-between)

2405   red   M/R    need to be redone
2450   grn   yes     sell cheap
2477   wh    yes

Month 2 (new ones may be added, and sold item taken out)
A       B       C       D
2310  blue   yes
2348  blue   no

(some text data in-between)

2405   red   M/R    need to be redone
2477   wh    yes
2486   blue  no      needs work
2492   yel    no      need soon

I want sheet to to place the data from sheet one in order, one afte
the other.  The problem is the data changes from each section fro
month to month.  This means it will have to adjust the rows to meet th
data from each month.
[SHEET 2] (has typical data from Sheet 1)
Month 1
A       B
2310  data........
2348  data........
2362  data........
2405  data........
2450  data........
2477  data........

Month 2
A       B
2310  data........
2348  data........
2405  data........
2477  data........
2486  data........
2492  data........

I know this is long, but any help would be appreciated

the simplest way is to have the month number as a column, then all you
have to do is sort the data

---

I think a lot depends on that other data.

But maybe you could try this:

Insert a new column A to use as a helper column.
(Now column B holds the product number)

If your product numbers are really numbers, maybe you can do something like:
=if(isnumber(b1),"keepit","")

And depending on how you typed in the month (a real date formatted nicely) or is
it actually the characters "Month #", you could change the formula to check for
that:

=if(isnumber(b1),"keepit","") & if(left(b1,5)="month","keepit","")

You could add a bunch of these checks.

Then insert a new row 1 and add headers.

Then apply Data|Filter|autofilter to column A.
filter to show just the Keep's.

Copy those visible rows to a new worksheet.

"aresar <" wrote:

> I am trying to make a detailed sheet of some inventory data which
> changes each month.  The first sheet just has general data, but there
> are more columns on the second sheet with varying expanded details
>
> Column A - product number
> Column B - color
> Column C - available
> Column D - Misc notes (may or may not be filled in)
>
> [SHEET 1]
> Month 1
> A       B       C       D
> 2310  blue   yes
> 2348  red    M/R    must sell soon
> 2362  blue   no
>
> (some text data in-between)
>
> 2405   red   M/R    need to be redone
> 2450   grn   yes     sell cheap
> 2477   wh    yes
>
> Month 2 (new ones may be added, and sold item taken out)
> A       B       C       D
> 2310  blue   yes
> 2348  blue   no
>
> (some text data in-between)
>
> 2405   red   M/R    need to be redone
> 2477   wh    yes
> 2486   blue  no      needs work
> 2492   yel    no      need soon
>
> I want sheet to to place the data from sheet one in order, one after
> the other.  The problem is the data changes from each section from
> month to month.  This means it will have to adjust the rows to meet the
> data from each month.
> [SHEET 2] (has typical data from Sheet 1)
> Month 1
> A       B
> 2310  data........
> 2348  data........
> 2362  data........
> 2405  data........
> 2450  data........
> 2477  data........
>
> Month 2
> A       B
> 2310  data........
> 2348  data........
> 2405  data........
> 2477  data........
> 2486  data........
> 2492  data........
>
> I know this is long, but any help would be appreciated.
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0