Data Entry problem #2

When I enter numbers into spreadsheets they get changed to two decimal points
(e.g. 250 = 2.5).  I know there must be some global setting, but I don't know
where.  Can anyone help?
0
Shepard (2)

one way;
Ctrl+A to select the entire sheet. Then format>cells>number tab
Alternative;
Tools>options>Edit tab>uncheck the fixed decimals box
HTH

"Bob Shepard" wrote:

> When I enter numbers into spreadsheets they get changed to two decimal points
> (e.g. 250 = 2.5).  I know there must be some global setting, but I don't know
> where.  Can anyone help?
0
RayA (96)
11/10/2005 12:28:21 AM
Hi Bob

Just had somebody here today with the same problem, had me stumped.

Turns out goto: Tools > Options > Edit (Tab) > then untick the box
marked "fixed decimal places"

Regards
Shaun

--
ShaunM
ShaunM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18610

docmd.transfertext problem

SQL deadlock problem

data input in text box

Exchange update problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

function to check for entry
I'll try and make this as clear as I can... I am looking for a function that will check column b,c,d,e for an entr if there is an entry then check row n in the same row for it's value. that's the first bit, then I need to be able to check the date valu (month) in column a and total it for the month. perhaps I could run the first function only looking for month=1 o something and just run it 12 times? not sure how to go about this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com well I've got this far but it still doesn't work and gives an error: =IF(MONTH(A3:A167)=4,...

MS Money 95 data files

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Sorting Data #5

HELP! remote data not accessible msg

Border problems

matching contents #2

Please ignore #2

Excel Problem

How do I copy data in single cell format to a merged cell format
I need to copy a list of data in single cell format into a spreadsheet where those same columns are merged cells (with four cells merged into one). I have several hundred lines of data so some way of copy & paste (other than each cell individually) would be appreciated. Thanks Paul Hi Paul What I would do is copy format of sheet with merge cells to blank sheet then copy single cell data to sheet with merge cells select single cell to paste you lose formatting so after just copy format from blank sheet created earlier I find this easiest way Hope this helps Tina "Paul" w...