data entry on multiple worksheets

I have a book with one master worksheet and then several other worksheets
with data from the master.  Is it possible to have the data I enter or update
on the master to automatically populate the correct information into the
other worksheets, even though the other worksheets store the data on
different rows than the master?
0
diosdias (1)

Hi
you could use cell links such as
='master sheet'!A1
in your target cells

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"diosdias" <diosdias@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I have a book with one master worksheet and then several other
worksheets
> with data from the master.  Is it possible to have the data I enter
or update
> on the master to automatically populate the correct information into
the
> other worksheets, even though the other worksheets store the data on
> different rows than the master?

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Getting Data Shapes to Work with Custom Stencils
I imported a picture and saved it as a shape. Then I linked data from a SQL database. I can get the data to show up in the Shape Date, but I can't get a Data Graphic to appear. Note that I can get Data Graphics to work with out of the box shapes in the same drawing - just not the custom picture. Tried in both Visio 2007 and 2010 Beta. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance. ...

Multiple Business relations for One Quotation
Is there a way to "Link" quotations for one job to more than one business relation (i.e. One job with 3 differant bidders)? Similar to the "Alternative Quotations" but with the quotation name not the business relation. ...

Combine multiple rows into one row with multiple columns
Hi, I have a table set up so that there are three columns: StudyID, DrawDate, and Value. StudyID and DrawDate are the primary key. I want to create a table from this one that has only one row for each StudyID so that it would go from: StudyID DrawDate Value to StudyID DrawDate1 Value1 DrawDate2 Value2 DrawDate3 Value3 etc. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Elysia "Elysia Larson" <elysia.larson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:832e952f-174f-489f-ab7a-e2189f660a92@f6g2000vbp.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a...

How to Arrange Data for Chart
I charted the following data in a clustered column chart. Level 1 Level 2 Level 3 Level 4 FY07 - Total 167 23 20 43 81 FY08 - Total 178 22 40 26 90 These are total department errors segregated by levels for each fiscal year. There are 3 different departments involved. What I did was just total the errors for each FY and each level. Now my boss wants to see how many errors were performed within each level by Dept A, Dept B and Dept C and compare the 2 fiscal years. I hope I’m explaining...

multiple Fillin in template
Hello, I am trying to make a template document. This document already has fillin fields. I would like to use the answers of this fillin fields on multiple places within the same document. I tried some advices on this websites, but I get the same question two times, but not only the answer. I hope somebody can explain it to me in the simplest form :) I am not a die hard word user :) And sorry for my bad English, it is not my first language. There are several ways to do this. The simplest is to select each Fillin field in Turn and press CTRL+F9 This will add a second set of b...

Email a single Excel worksheet instead of the whole workbook.
I have an Excel workbook with several worksheets. I want to email just one of these worksheets to a friend. It would be great to be able to right-click the worksheet tab and find the option to send worksheet as an attachment. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the ...

Users and Asset Data linked on Form
Hello everyone, I have two tables, one a Staff list and the other an Asset list extracted from seperate databases, the information in the tables has absolutely no common data, I have a form with the user name and other bits and pieces on from the staff list and also a drop down list of all asset numbers which I can then select the appropiate asset number from then, that asset number and other details I would like to be associated to that user. I have tried, I have done this in the past about 4 years ago but I cannot remember any of it! Any help would most appreciated Cheers David David, T...

Multiple instances of product in one order.
For an example, I have been using MS Northwind example. One problem I have run into is adding the same item twice in an order. I am keeping track of time in my database. For instance, Project1 might be from 8:00AM to 12PM, then Project2 from 12PM to 3PM, then Project1 again from 3PM to 5PM. If you try to add the same product in the sample Northwind database, it comes up with the same error. I know the reason it is coming up is because it has to have its own primary key and cannot duplicate. How should I go around this so I can add the same "product" in the same order?...

Excel worksheet total up to show in another worksheet
I have two worksheets. The first is the nice printable page. On the second page I just total up my receipts. How do I get those totals to show on Worksheet 1 in a cell called Total? -- SF Hi Just say your totals to be added are in A2:A120 in Sheet 1 then =SUM(Sheet1!A2:A120) hope this help -- nik ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nika's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1536 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31615 ...

Multiple Tax and Discounts
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0124_01C64A26.AB67D840 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm trying to implement a tax and discounts table which can allow line = item discounts and entire order discounts. I'm not using any software = in particular, just want to know how it's currently done or if it's even = possible. Implementing the discounts per line item and entire order was = easy. How to determine the tax affected is the hard part. I'll keep my = example simple: ...

Can I use VBA to add cells (over blanks) then do multiplication
I have a Word table in which the last column contains numbers (3 and 4) and some bank cells and I want it add them and put the total into the second last row (7 in this case). The last row contains a multiplier (3) which when applied to the total results in 21. Below is the table. | | | 3 | | | | | | | | 4 | | | | 7 | | | 3 |21| How can I achieve this in VBA (under Word 2003 and 2007) remembering that the user can add rows to the table and the last column can contain blank cells. Thanks in advance for any assistance, Peter Evans Sub ScratchMaco(...

How do I put Excel data into a US map format?
I want to feed Excel data about population and trends into a map format instead of a bar graph or pie chart. Is there a plug-in or some such thing that I can use that works with Excel? Ultimately, I want to have each state depicted by a color code for a range of population or an amount of certain data. I am using Excel 2002 in a Windows XP environment. ...

Sorting lists to remove double entries
Hi all, I am trying to transfer clients from one sheet whose name appears only once in a list onto a new sheet. For example: Sheet1: Seminar Type | Surname | First Name --------------------------------------------------- Sem1 Smith Adam Sem2 Smith Adam Sem2 Jones Mary What I want to do is put on a new sheet only those clients who have been to only one seminar type ie Mary Jones. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks, Adam -- nicad_adam ---------------------------------------------------------...

Excel worksheet programming for time restrictions.
I have several cells (properties) that will be visible or not depending on the time of day. I am using VBA to set the value of the properties and need a way to use not just the TIME function to establish the system time but, a way to test for a period of time, for example the DAY SHIFT, SWING SHIFT AND GRAVEYARD SHIFT. Using If Then Else conditional statements to test the system time to a span of time to indicate the shifts aforesaid. What I am not clear on is the syntax in VBA to use when identifying the shifts and testing for conditions met. HElP? Is this any help? Dim tim0800 Dim ...

how do I sum only visible data in a column
I have some rows manually hidden, Please is there a formula I can apply to return the sum of the unhidden data contain in a column? Hi Afolabi, If you don't want to use VBA (create a UDF), you could review the following pages: http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/ExcelNames08.htm http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/ExcelNames09.htm In any case, there is a fundamental issue with both approaches: since hiding/unhiding rows doesn't trigger any event, such event will have to be forced from time to time, or maybe you can leave with the formulae updating their result in the next recalculation...

Can Import Email Data Filed from Office XP to Office 2003
My HD failed but I had a backup of my Office XP Pro personal file folder with a lot of emails I needed. The file is about 128MB in size. I put a new HD in and installed Office 2003 Pro. When I go to open the old file Outlook 2003 says that the file "is not a personal folders file". (It was backed up to a CD ROM prior to the crash so the source file should be good.) I really don't want to uninstall Office 2003 and put back Office XP. Any idea why 2003 won't open the file and how to work around that? Many thanks in advance to anyone who knows the solution. Alan. The only pro...

Multiple Versions
I have 3 versions of Access on my developer machine (97, 2000 and XP). All were working fine until today. While working in an XP project, Access bombed. It indicated I should look for updates, which I did. The Office Updates web site walked me through a few security updates for XP, and then it attempted SP-3 for Office 2000. When the SP-3 update finishes, it searches for further updates, and keeps coming up with SP-3, as if it doesn't recognize that it was already installed. So, I say forget it, let's get back to work. I attempt to launch my XP project, and I get "T...

Multiple Domains and aliases
We have multiple domains (7), and they are all set up in the "Default Recipient Policy". I have a few user who also need to receive mail from an alias. For example, jsmith@domain1.com will already receive mail to jsmith@domain2.net and so on. I need jsmith to receive mail as inquiry@domain1.com and inquiry@domain2.net, and so on. My idea is to set a recipient policy based on "office" and "title" in the user information setup, so that if there are personnel changes, it's just a matter of changing user information. We are running Small Business Server, but...

Importing External Data
I keep trying to import data from an Access database and I continually get the same error. "ODBC Microsoft Access Driver The text file specification "Inserts" does not exist You cannot import., export or link using this specification." Well the spec does exist, the queries run just fine in Access. The data source are linked text files using the "Inserts" specification, which definitely does exist. Sumpens wrong, but danged if I know what it is. Any ideas? TIA Paul Hammond ...

Data Validation date field
I don't understand why this isn't working. I just want to make sure that they don't put a future date in the polydate field. Is me.polydate > now() an invalid expression? code: _________________________________________________________ Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer) If Me.PolyDate > Now() Then Cancel = True Me.PolyDate.SetFocus MsgBox "Please enter a date that falls prior to today's date" Exit Sub End If End Sub It does not appear to be invalid. It is always helpful to post the error you are getting and if it is a runti...

How to Update the Data in RichEditView
Hi every body, I am trying to split the RichEditView,its splitting,but i am not able to update the data in all views.If any body knows give a suggestion. Regards, Subbaiah. ...

Transpose Address Data
Is there any way to transpose a range of data automatically? I know about using the transpose function in Excel, but to use it I need to manually select what I want to transpose. I have about 13000 rows that I want to transpose (end result would be about 1000 rows of address details). The biggest problem I have is that I can't find any thing in the list of data that highlights where I would want to start a new range. It also looks like not everything is a set number of rows, so I can't even transpose every 10 rows. Is there anything I can do other than select, copy, paste speci...

Getting Data from another sheet? #3
WHere do I save it to -- bludovic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26722 Hi bludovico The manual is not ready yet (First version of the Add-in) Save the file where you want on your PC. Then in Excel go to Tools>Add-ins.. Browse to the file..OK You see it in the list now (Select it) -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "bludovico" <bludovico.1dribg@excelforum-...

Can Windows client application read/write data to remote SQL Server database?
Can a Windows client application read/write data to a remote SQL Server database? > Can a Windows client application read/write data to a remote SQL > Server database? Certainly. SQL Server is a client-server DBMS and the service often runs remotely on a separate server. -- Hope this helps. Dan Guzman SQL Server MVP http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/dang/ ...

Data vanished, Large file seems empty
I opened Outlook this AM and it was as if I had never used it. My created folders were gone, only the default folders were there and they all were empty. I tried to open the proper .pst file and found one with 91,360kb, but whether I try to open it through Outlook/File/Open or simply double-click the file from Windows Explorer I get the same results: ghost-town Outlook, empty folders, etc., like I'd never been there before. Try running the Inbox Repair Tool against your .PST file to see if it finds any errors. Search your drive for a file called scanpst.exe and run it. -- Jocel...