Data displayed that is not equal to FALSE in a row

In row 1 cells A1-D1 contain formulas (IF/AND statements).  In cell E1 I want
whatever word that is not equal to “FALSE” to be displayed.

	A	B	C	D	E
1	FALSE	FALSE	Under	FALSE  	Under

The words can appear in any of cells A-D in each row as below.

                 A	B	C	D	E
1	FALSE	FALSE	Under	FALSE  	Under
2	FALSE	On	FALSE  	FALSE	On
3	Over	FALSE	FALSE	FALSE  	Over
4	FALSE	FALSE	FALSE	On	On

Thank you in advance for your help.

=SUBSTITUTE(A1&B1&C1&D1,FALSE,"")
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001
Thanks Gary.  That works great!

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

> =SUBSTITUTE(A1&B1&C1&D1,FALSE,"")
> --
> Gary''s Student - gsnu201001
You are very welcome!
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

"Mally" wrote:

> Thanks Gary.  That works great!
>
> "Gary''s Student" wrote:
>
> > =SUBSTITUTE(A1&B1&C1&D1,FALSE,"")
> > --
> > Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

Twist Data?...
Hi all... I've got the following in a dataset: 19 30 1200 FI FI 20030906 36 19 30 1324 FI FI 20030906 36 and I want the following result: 19 30 1200, 1324 FI FI 20030906 26 Any guess on how to do this? thanks much!... Hmmm... Not quite clear: The data is arranged in columns, I assume It looks as if both items in the same column are the same, you want just one item, otherwise the one in the top row first, then the one from the bottom row. But what about the last 36s that should yield 26? Typo? Does the dataset have more columns or more rows or both? And how big is it?...

Getpivotdata and greater than or equal to
I'm experimenting with using a pivot table as an intermediate step in a report I'm doing that has been slow. It seems to help speed up the process a bit, I just need help filtering down to the dates I need. Each transaction has a date associated with it, I have gotten the getpivotdata to work except for being able to have it only include transactions with dates after my begdate and before my enddate. I need to figure out how to get something like this to work: =GETPIVOTDATA("Sum of Lbs",'sheet2'!$A$3,"Customer",A4,"Budget LOT #",B4,&q...

merging 2 cells without losing data?

selected row count of list box
A2k Is there a way to get the selected row count of a list box dynamically as the user selects rows? Delphi has an event called "OnSelectionChanged" but Access is much more limited. I don't want the user to have to exit the list box or click a button or anything manual in order to see the # of rows he's selected. How can this be done? I know about "lstCusts.ItemsSelected.Count" but not sure what event to use it in to accomplish what I need. Thanks, Keith Never mind. I did this and it handles both mouse and keyboard selections: Private Sub lstCusts_AfterUpdat...

Transformation of data into columns

Data Validation List not showing

Hiding empty rows and columns
Does anyone know the code for hiding all blank rows and columns in a worksheet. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following (adapted from: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows) Public Sub HideBlankRows() Dim R As Long Dim C As Range Dim Rng As Range On Error GoTo EndMacro Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual If Selection.Rows.Count > 1 Then Set Rng = Selection Else Set Rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows End If For R = Rng.Rows.Count To 1 Step -1 If Application.WorksheetFuncti...

Fill Down Excluding First Row
Greetings, I have a spreadsheet where the first row (1) consists of labels that describe the column located below each label. For example, I have calories, fat, carbs, etc. It is desirable to have some of these columns filled in automatically. For example one row might be "calories from fat," "calories from carbs," etc, and so I'm doing a "fill down" on those columns. Unfortunately, the fill downs are completing the columns with the labels. So I'm wondering if it's possible to: (a) Exclude the label row (row 1) from the fill down or, better yet;...

Adding extra data options
Is there a way to customize CRM to allow for adding another heading? I would like to add a second field similar to topic and would like to call it type. Can you add extra data fileds and types in CRM 3.0? You can add extra data fields to an entity. Go to entities customization at setting area. -- Marco Amoedo Plain Concepts http://geeks.ms/blogs/marco/ "xxdcmast" escribió: > Is there a way to customize CRM to allow for adding another heading? I would > like to add a second field similar to topic and would like to call it type. > > Can you add extra data ...

reading and displaying memo fields
I got an ODBC database with a memo field. Now I use a CRecordSet in VC6 to read the database with CLongBinary for the memo field. After reading 18 fields he's out of memory. Is there a way to use CString instead of CLongBinary, cause it's only text in the memo fields (I already tried, but then I get an error message that the database could not be read)? Or is there a way to read all other fields first and only read the memo field when the user choose a specific item in the database? Thank you for helping me! ...

IF statement based on True/False that activates a certain list box
I've been asked to create a formula that will react to either "yes" or "no" entered into a cell which will show options in another cell based on a certain list. Example: Cells D3:D5 contain the values Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (list named BegWeek) Cells E3:E5 contain the values Thursday, Friday, Saturday (list named EndWeek) Cell A3 accepts either "yes" or "no" entry only from a list If A3 = "Yes" then B3 will = drop down list BegWeek If A3 = "No" then B3 will = drop down list End Week I don't even know if thi...

Is there a way to graph data which utilizes the "fixed" function for decimal places? When I try this it will not graph, as the data has become text or something - even though I've selected number in the cell formats. If you've fixed the number of digits using only number formats, the values remain numeric, and they should chart just fine. This means selecting the range, going to the Formatting menu and selecting Cells, and on the Number tab, selecting Number in the category list, and setting a number of digits. I'm not familiar with a "fixed function". I...

Frame window does not get displayed properly
Hi All, I have a Dialog based applciation. I want to create a Frame window when clicked on the button on Dialog. The problem is I handled the Painting of the dialog (I draw a picture on so WM_PAINT message I handle.) but doing this I am not able to draw the frame window properly. It appears to be transparent to me . I am setting the CFrameWnd to be the child of CDialog Please Can you let me know how to draw the farme window of how can I have a floting window on a dialog. Thanks Anup I don't know if what you are doing is a good idea. But if you want to have a floating window ins...

Does table size make a difference in how well Access protects data
I am having a problem that has been going on for several weeks now. I am slowly trying to figure it out. the problem is that Access 2003 keeps deleting records after they are entered. Quick view of database: running Access 2k3 back end and frontends, 12 machines access the DB at any one time, mixture of Win2k Pro and Win XP pro all patches and service packs installed for all OS's as well as Access 2k3. Running Client/server set up controlled by Small Business Server 2k3. database resides on a machine running XP Pro. when new orders are entered into the system, the DB will tell the d...

Sending data with CAsyncSocket.
Please tell me if/where I am wrong... If I have an established TCP connection using CAsyncSocket... When I send data I will normally be sending a packet that is about 100 bytes or so. I would send each packet with a separate call to "Send". Normally the Send will return a value equal to the number of bytes I sent. I would just write my code to call Send whenever I need to send a packet. Normally I would never receive an error or an indication that fewer bytes were sent. But if I did, I would handle this error. There is no need for me to use the "OnSend" function. Co...

PF-replication: SQL-Data -> PF-contacts
Hi, we have some customer information stored in our MS-SQL Server 2000 and like to sync it with the contacts in our public folder (Exchange 2003). Of course ye can do it manually, but is there a way to automate it? Or is it possible to make a public folder with all data stored on the sql-server? (kind of a view) Kind regards, Paul ...

How did I break the cell display limit? #2
If there is anyone out there who can help with this, I would be most most grateful. Here's the facts: - I'm working in a MS Excel worksheet. - I am aware of Excel's 255-character-per-cell display limit. (As understand it, each cell can hold up to 32,000 characters, but wil only display/print 255 characters.) This is a major pain in th petunski, as most of my cells contain more than 255 characters Therefore, most of my spreadsheet shows cells that look like this ###############. I have to look in the formula bar to see the actua contents of each cell. - In cell C35, I have 1,05...

Way to Retrieving data with date parameter
Hi folks, I hope that someone can help me with the following problem. I would like to have an access report with a date parameter that allows me to retrieve data from an access table. I've tried to add the following date parameter in a query "Between [type beginning date] And [Type Ending Date]" My problem is that whatever dates I put into the date parameter, I always have the same data. It seems that the parameter doesn't recognize the data that must be retrieved from my access table. Can somebody help me please. Thanking you all, Fred's Thank you Gerry, this have s...

Array without falses
I posted this a long time ago. I thought I'd try again. Please see below: Jim Shoenfelt View profile More options Oct 14 2000, 3:00 am Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel From: Jim Shoenfelt <jimshoenf...@my-deja.com> Date: 2000/10/14 Subject: Getting an array of selected records with no "FALSE"s Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show original | Report this message | Find messages by this author A B 1 apple 3 2 apple 5 3 apple 7 4 banana 13 5 banana 16 I want to write a formula that will ret...