Data display incomplete after creating Pivot Table

I have created pivot table from spreedsheet. One of the fields "additional
comments" doesn't display fully in the pivot report.  I have tried increasing
column widths and row widths. I have also tried using Alt+enter as suggested
in some of other discussion forum.

Nothing is working so far.  Any help appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi komal.

I have just put up a file for you at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

It is item number 36 towards the top of my home page.

It works OK for me. Check out the file. I hope that it helps in some way.

Thanks.

"komal" wrote:

> I have created pivot table from spreedsheet. One of the fields "additional
> comments" doesn't display fully in the pivot report.  I have tried increasing
> column widths and row widths. I have also tried using Alt+enter as suggested
> in some of other discussion forum.
>
> Nothing is working so far.  Any help appreciated.
>
> Thank you!
thank you!

The field is like memo field hence it has paragraph worth of
information...some of it is cutting off at the. Does Pivot tables have
character restrictions?  Displays fine in the actual spreadsheet.

"trip_to_tokyo" wrote:

> Hi komal.
>
> I have just put up a file for you at:-
>
> http://www.pierrefondes.com/
>
> It is item number 36 towards the top of my home page.
>
> It works OK for me. Check out the file. I hope that it helps in some way.
>
> If my comments have helped please hit Yes.
>
> Thanks.
>

> "komal" wrote:
>
> > I have created pivot table from spreedsheet. One of the fields "additional
> > comments" doesn't display fully in the pivot report.  I have tried increasing
> > column widths and row widths. I have also tried using Alt+enter as suggested
> > in some of other discussion forum.
> >
> > Nothing is working so far.  Any help appreciated.
> >
> > Thank you!
komal, I am not sure that I fully understand what you are saying.

Are you saying that the:-

Additional Comments

 - in my Workbook (cell A 3) is considerably longer in your Workbook?

I think that's what you're saying.

If you say:-

"paragraph worth of
information"

 - then I am not surpised that all of it is not appearing in the Pivot Table.

Would it not be possible for you to cut down the amount of information so
that it would appear in the Pivot Table properly? Why do you want so much
info?

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

"komal" wrote:

> thank you!
>
> The field is like memo field hence it has paragraph worth of
> information...some of it is cutting off at the. Does Pivot tables have
> character restrictions?  Displays fine in the actual spreadsheet.
>
> "trip_to_tokyo" wrote:
>
> > Hi komal.
> >
> > I have just put up a file for you at:-
> >
> > http://www.pierrefondes.com/
> >
> > It is item number 36 towards the top of my home page.
> >
> > It works OK for me. Check out the file. I hope that it helps in some way.
> >
> > If my comments have helped please hit Yes.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> > "komal" wrote:
> >
> > > I have created pivot table from spreedsheet. One of the fields "additional
> > > comments" doesn't display fully in the pivot report.  I have tried increasing
> > > column widths and row widths. I have also tried using Alt+enter as suggested
> > > in some of other discussion forum.
> > >
> > > Nothing is working so far.  Any help appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thank you!
I am sorry - Additional comments is one of the header fields like you have
"Qtr 1" etc. in the Pivot table.  The content listed under Additional
Comments can be more than 3-5 lines as it is in most cases in my case.

The content displays fine in the actual spreadsheet, but when I run the
pivot report on it, it truncates the data.

I may have to ask folks to limit what they write and be very brief.

"trip_to_tokyo" wrote:

> komal, I am not sure that I fully understand what you are saying.
>
> Are you saying that the:-
>
> Additional Comments
>
>  - in my Workbook (cell A 3) is considerably longer in your Workbook?
>
> I think that's what you're saying.
>
> If you say:-
>
> "paragraph worth of
> information"
>
>  - then I am not surpised that all of it is not appearing in the Pivot Table.
>
> Would it not be possible for you to cut down the amount of information so
> that it would appear in the Pivot Table properly? Why do you want so much
> info?
>
> Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.
>
> Thanks.
>

> "komal" wrote:
>
> > thank you!
> >
> > The field is like memo field hence it has paragraph worth of
> > information...some of it is cutting off at the. Does Pivot tables have
> > character restrictions?  Displays fine in the actual spreadsheet.
> >
> > "trip_to_tokyo" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi komal.
> > >
> > > I have just put up a file for you at:-
> > >
> > > http://www.pierrefondes.com/
> > >
> > > It is item number 36 towards the top of my home page.
> > >
> > > It works OK for me. Check out the file. I hope that it helps in some way.
> > >
> > > If my comments have helped please hit Yes.
> > >
> > > Thanks.

Hi komal, I have just played around again with the file that I put up on my
website.

I have put this into cell A 3:-

123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789

If you refresh the Pivot Table it does show all of the above.

I think you just need to play with this to see how many characters it will
take but it looks as though you can get quite a few in to me and this may
help you out.

"komal" wrote:

> I am sorry - Additional comments is one of the header fields like you have
> "Qtr 1" etc. in the Pivot table.  The content listed under Additional
> Comments can be more than 3-5 lines as it is in most cases in my case.
>
> The content displays fine in the actual spreadsheet, but when I run the
> pivot report on it, it truncates the data.
>
> I may have to ask folks to limit what they write and be very brief.
>
> "trip_to_tokyo" wrote:
>
> > komal, I am not sure that I fully understand what you are saying.
> >
> > Are you saying that the:-
> >
> > Additional Comments
> >
> >  - in my Workbook (cell A 3) is considerably longer in your Workbook?
> >
> > I think that's what you're saying.
> >
> > If you say:-
> >
> > "paragraph worth of
> > information"
> >
> >  - then I am not surpised that all of it is not appearing in the Pivot Table.
> >
> > Would it not be possible for you to cut down the amount of information so
> > that it would appear in the Pivot Table properly? Why do you want so much
> > info?
> >
> > Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> > "komal" wrote:
> >
> > > thank you!
> > >
> > > The field is like memo field hence it has paragraph worth of
> > > information...some of it is cutting off at the. Does Pivot tables have
> > > character restrictions?  Displays fine in the actual spreadsheet.

Sorry komal, mis-read you.

In C 1 I have just put:-

quarter quarter quarter quarter

 - and this does appear in the Pivot Table once refreshed.

Just play with it / update the cell / refresh the Pivot Table until you
reach the limit.

"komal" wrote:

> I am sorry - Additional comments is one of the header fields like you have
> "Qtr 1" etc. in the Pivot table.  The content listed under Additional
> Comments can be more than 3-5 lines as it is in most cases in my case.
>
> The content displays fine in the actual spreadsheet, but when I run the
> pivot report on it, it truncates the data.
>
> I may have to ask folks to limit what they write and be very brief.
>
> "trip_to_tokyo" wrote:
>
> > komal, I am not sure that I fully understand what you are saying.
> >
> > Are you saying that the:-
> >
> > Additional Comments
> >
> >  - in my Workbook (cell A 3) is considerably longer in your Workbook?
> >
> > I think that's what you're saying.
> >
> > If you say:-
> >
> > "paragraph worth of
> > information"
> >
> >  - then I am not surpised that all of it is not appearing in the Pivot Table.
> >
> > Would it not be possible for you to cut down the amount of information so
> > that it would appear in the Pivot Table properly? Why do you want so much
> > info?
> >
> > Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> > "komal" wrote:
> >
> > > thank you!
> > >
> > > The field is like memo field hence it has paragraph worth of
> > > information...some of it is cutting off at the. Does Pivot tables have
> > > character restrictions?  Displays fine in the actual spreadsheet.

Problems with creating a newsletter

PA Misc. Log Tables

visual basic

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Display of UML State Transition Event
Dear Group, I am attempting to use the UML Statechart with a couple of states and a transition between them. I select properties, Events, Change Event type, say, and can see ChangeEvent1 in the property window but... ....when I Ok back to the drawing the ChangeEvent1 is not displayed by the transition. I can enter actions in a similar way and they are displayed. How cna I get the event visible too in the drawing? Surely this is the most important aspect of a transition i.e. what caused it, regards, Colin Smith ...

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data

Need HELP! for Linking data

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2

Macro

creating a backup on 2002 for Money 98

macros entering data

item class table

Problem displaying expected results with CString
I am writing a MFC program to import data from a single table database into a normalized database with numerous tables. The first component opens a recordset object to the database and performs some basic tests on the field value, and the plan is to write the records out to a spreadsheet that fail to meet any of the criteria defined for the field. Along with writing out the record, I want to populate a comments field describing what failed. I have tried to implement this with a CString variable; I initialize it to a blank string each time a new record is examined, and then as each field is che...