Cut and paste specific data

`Hi
Have been working on a problem which I think I can now simplify

Cell A1 contains the following:
15 Smith Street Blacktown
How can I cut the last item (Suburb) from the cell and paste it into B1?
Many thanks in advance
Stephen
0
Father

Try this in B1:

=TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",REPT(" ",99)),99))
--
HTH,

RD

"Father John" <w@b.com> wrote in message
> `Hi
> Have been working on a problem which I think I can now simplify
>
> Cell A1 contains the following:
> 15 Smith Street Blacktown
> How can I cut the last item (Suburb) from the cell and paste it into B1?
> Many thanks in advance
> Stephen

0
RagDyer
4/19/2010 10:16:12 PM
Hi Father John
Have you tried >Data>Text to Columns : > Select "Fixed Width" then remove excess
line break by double clicking on them.
HTH
John
"Father John" <w@b.com> wrote in message
> `Hi
> Have been working on a problem which I think I can now simplify
>
> Cell A1 contains the following:
> 15 Smith Street Blacktown
> How can I cut the last item (Suburb) from the cell and paste it into B1?
> Many thanks in advance
> Stephen

0
John

i am unable to find "paste append" in Access 2007
I upgraded to Access 2007. I am using a form from Access 2003. Irrespective of view (form or table), I cannot seem to find the "paste append" or even "duplicate record" function. Any ideas? Thanks. On the Home tab of the ribbon, at the bottom of the Paste button is an arrow. Clicking that arrow gives you the Paste Append option. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Pharma" <Pharma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Problem with Cut and Paste in Windows Explorer
Hi I have Ultimate SP2 fully updates. Recently I have been having a problem where, when I cut and paste a folder that contains sub-folders into a folder that contains a folder with the same folder and sub-folder names, the data is not transferred, even though I am selecting yes to folder and file overwrite? Any idea on why and how to fix it, I am having to cut and paste data over from each folder individually. thanks Daniel On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 07:13:50 +1000, Daniel wrote: > Hi > > I have Ultimate SP2 fully updates. > > Recently I have been ...

Font size in data validation drop down lists
I am using data validation lists to control user inputs to a spread sheet. How do I change the font size inside the drop down list? I have tried changing the font size on the sheet itself & changing the font size on the list page. I can't seem to find a property setting for this font size. The only way to make it appear larger is to zoom in on the page. In a data validation dropdown list, you can't change the font size. There are a couple of programming workarounds here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Font Ryan wrote: > I am using data validation lis...

Modify scale in X axis on a scatter plot from Pivot data
I need to increase the gap between my labels on the X axis in a scatter plot. They are too close and I can not read the labels unless i make them 4pt and zoom in to 200%. There are about 200 points on the X axis at .2 increments. I would like to be able to have labels for whole numbers only. I can not use a fixed set of values by generating a dummy X-axis since the range changes as I apply the different filters. Any ideas? thanks! Sandy Pivot charts don't let you change the spacing of the categories. They also don't let you make an XY (scatter) chart, so you probably have ...

Why wont Word open Excel data source in mailmerge?
I am following the Help step by step, but each time i try to open data source it wont. I have saved the correct version in Excel and have renamed it etc MOSH "won't" means what? Do you get an error message? You cannot browse to an Excel file and use it? You have no ODBC driver for Excel? If the latter, you may have to re-configure and add that driver. Go to Control Panel(Start>Settings>Control Panel) and double-click on Data Sources(ODBC). In User DSN what do you see for drivers? If no Excel, click on Add and find Excel on the list(not Excel do). Select and "...

Hard-code source data
Is there any method other than using Dynamic Names/OFFSET to force a chart to always use specific columns and rows, regardless of whether or not new ones are added. We have multiple spreadsheets that track monthly metrics. Each month a new column is added representing a new month of data. I always want to show columns B-M to refelct the past twelve months. Currently when I add a new column representing a new month,the charts dymanically change to show columns C-N and I have to change over 20 charts back to B-M. Thanks! Melanie Martin Melanie - The way to handle this is with dynami...

Pivot Table Data Source, point to cell?
Is there any way to point the data source block to a cell. I want to simply update a cell (i.e. A1) with the range instead having to open the pivot table and changing from the wizard. Is there a way to do this? Example: Cell A1 contains: '[Output 3.24.xls]FORMALS-OUT'!$A$5:$P$65536 Data source in pivot table points to cell A1 to get the range. please tell me there's a way to do this.... thanx.! hi, Jeremy ! > Is there any way to point the data source block to a cell. > I want to simply update a cell (i.e. A1) with the range instead having to open the pivot table >...

Printing reports with no data
Actually the title of this question is a little misleading, sorry. This should be fairly simple. I run 5 different reports for 2 different shifts based on certain product catagories that were produced the previous day. Sometimes there is data for those reports and sometimes not. Instead of the report opening in preview, I would rather just have a MsgBox pop up that says there's nothing to report. Other than date and shift information, I'm pulling up the product SKU, description of the product, start and end time, qty and so on. please help! Thanks Bill R. -- John 3:16 "Fo...

data validation fonts differ in drop down box
I am using Excel 2003. I have a group of cells with a data validation "list". That list contains 3 options -- check mark, "X", and "box" -- in Webdings. When you click the drop down box to make a selection the options are in alpha-numeric characters (Arial font(?)) and not Webdings. So my "check mark" becomes an "a" and my "X" becomes an "r". How can I get the drop down box to display the same font as the one in the list? Both the drop down box cells and the "list" cells are formatted with the...

Macro required to copy -past data to first empty row
Hi Expert, I am in need of such a macro or code by which I can copy & paste data from a particular row to first empty row of given row range. Kindly help. Regards, Vikky Hi Vikky See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy1.htm Or if you want to find the row number of the last cell with data in a range see http://www.rondebruin.nl/last.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Vikky" <love.excel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174498666.568772.117750@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi Expert, > > I am in need of such a macro or code by ...

create an index listing where specific names are mentioned
I am writing a history about my Dad and Mom. I want to create an index showing the pages specific names are mentioned. How do I do this. Publisher does not have an Index feature. Use Word. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "family history mama" <family history mama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFF1FE4A-E80F-444F-8E7D-6AA71878D100@microsoft.com... >I am writing a history about my Dad and Mom. I want to create an index > showing the pages specific names are mentioned. How do I do this. ...

Querying Data from Access
All, I am using the charting features in Excel 2007 to build various charts from data stored in Access. I want the user to be able to select the Region, Country, or Site that he wishes to see data for, along with a range of dates. I have queries in Access that will summarize the data the way I need it. What I would like to know, is how do I "paramaterize" the queries so that I can use the dates the user chooses, for example? Thanks, Steve Here is a good example from EXCEL VBA 2003. for I think what you're wanting Public Sub CallStoredProcedure() Const Co...

copy and paste excel charts as same size
I have a workbook that I need to make many charts in. And most of these charts are the same from page to page, just with data from a different sheet &/or series. I want to copy and paste one chart several times and then update the data series. However, when I paste, the chart always comes out about 75% of the size of the original. How can I copy and paste and keep the sizing in tact? I'm using Excel 2002 SP3. Thanks, Laurie A couple ways worked for me. You didn't specify that you were pasting copies of the chart onto the same worksheet and then scrolling down or over... The t...

Requesting data from the Microsoft Exchange Server
Requesting data from the Microsoft Exchange Server My OutlookXP is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server "Server". You can cancel the request or minimize this message to the Windows taskbar until Outlook closes the message automatically. Why is this happening? Thank you. Normally causes by a slow network or a busy Exchange server. The client is waiting for a response from the server and either it is busy with another task or the network is slow. When it connects and gets the data, the message goes away. It is just there to inform users it is actua...

Excel 2003-paste
Does anyone know if there is a way to make the paste function ALWAYS match the destination formattting? To use the destination formatting paste values. Edit, paste special, values There is a toolbar icon that you can install: customize, commands, edit, paste values and you might also be interested in installing customize, commands, edit, paste formats (same results as using format painter) You can create a macro and assign it a shortcut key http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm#mykeys --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 200...

Sorting specific data
X-No-Archive: yes I need help to sort the contents of a cell. Cell A1= 01201 I wish to sort the numbers in A1 into descending numerical order. The result should be =21100 What is the simplest formula that I can use to achieve this? I would like to learn how to do this. Thamks On 10 Jun 2005 03:56:44 -0700, virfir97@yahoo.com wrote: >X-No-Archive: yes > >I need help to sort the contents of a cell. >Cell A1= 01201 > >I wish to sort the numbers in A1 into descending numerical order. The >result should be =21100 > >What is the simplest formula that I can use to ac...

Repeat data from previous records in a form
I am creating a a form for data entry and want to know if there is a way to repeat data in fields from the previous record (or default to previous record). For example, I user has 100 entries - I would like to set up the form so they do not have to enter their ID each time they enter a record. When you hold the ctrl key and click the apostrophe key ' access copies the contents of the same field from the previous record. This assumes that the new record immediately follows the old record so you may have to sort the source table and requery it after each time a new record is inserted...

Outlook 2007 stops acquiring data from Exchange
A week ago I noticed that Outlook 2007 on an old desktop in a guest room no longer was downloading any data from the Exchange server at work. I have tried absolutely everything I can think of but nothing seems to change this. Meanwhile, three other computers at home (we have a site-license arrangement which allows us to use Office on our home computers) with Outlook 2007 are having no problems at all with my Outlook account. Here is what I have tried so far: 1. Deleting the .ost file. Outlook acquires a few thousand kilobytes of data and then simply stops. The last entry in event viewer is an...

Displaying hidden data on a chart
I have a number of data series in a table on sheet 1, and this data is plotted as an x-y scatter in a chart on sheet 2. I want to hide a column in the table, but when i do this the related data series disappears from the chart. Is there a way to hide a column whilst still having it plotted on the chart? At the moment I have just set the column width to 1 pixel, which is a bit messy. Thanks Hi, Yes, select the chart and then via the menu Toosl > Options > Chart. unchecked the Plot visible cells only. Cheers Andy Nick Terry wrote: > I have a number of data series in a tabl...

Office 97 to 2003: Excel: enter data w/fixed 2 decimal. 2000. be.
When I enter number "2000." I get 20.00 - yes, set decimals at 2 but earlier excel would accept change if you entered decimal with number. this is slowing down a budget prep and I'd sure like some help - online and tutorials say "enter decimal" but this is not working. what am I doing wrong? Hi Confirmed, until v ersion XP you could finish off with a decimal separator. This behavior changed with Excel 2003, I haven't seen any documentation on the reasons. "Enter decimal" is like 2000.0 which is just as many keystrokes as 200000 but slower. If you d...

Data migration strategy from custom MSSQL-based app to CRM 4.0
Hello, We have a client looking to transition to CRM 4.0 from their current home-grown application based on SQL Server 2005. I am curious to get suggestions from the group on how to approach this. Here is one approach I am considering: 1. Create denormalized views in SQL (picklist values included instead of PK/FK keys) 2. Script queries to these views that send query results to a CSV file 3. Create data mappings in DMF to perform mass import 4. Run import with fingers crossed One requirement to note is the client is not looking for a staged migration - everything must be brought over at...

copy data into comments?
How can you copy data from a cell to the comment of another cell? -- Richard Northern California Be Nice to Everyone Everyday I don't think you can do this in a comment, but I good be wrong(I hope) All you want to know about Comments you can find here http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments01.html -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Richard Miller" <miller49@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:bg615b$uvj$1@slb9.atl.mindspring.net... > How can you copy data from a cell to the comment of another cell? > > -- > Rich...

Money 2004 unable to import Quicken 2004 data
I have Quicken 2004 insalled and downloade the MS Money trial and trie to impotr my Quicken 2004 data but got message syaing htere were unknown transation ytpes and none of the data gets imported. Does Modey suppotr conversion from Q2004? I have the very same issue here. Money reports a successful transfer but the accounts have zero balances and no transactions. I also tried the export from Quicken and then an import to Money-- Same results. I'm hoping to get it ironed out as I've used Quicken for years but the 2004 edition sux. "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

When I copy a picture and paste it into Publisher it disappears
I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into Publisher and the picture disappears. What version of Publisher? What happens if you go to... Insert / Picture / From File? -- John Inzer "Cathy" <Cathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF2CA50C-78D9-47DB-8799-E9C3C9171038@microsoft.com... >I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into >Publisher > and the picture disappears. I am using Office Profession Edition 2003. I tried another picture and so far it is still there. Thanks. "John Inzer"...

Import Purchase Order data to HQ
We have some stores and we place purchase orders in HQ system for every store. Now purchase order data is in a excel file and We need import PO data from it in HQ system. How can I do it? Thanks. Jerry wrote: > We have some stores and we place purchase orders in HQ system for every > store. Now purchase order data is in a excel file and We need import PO data > from it in HQ system. How can I do it? > Thanks. or qsimport or custom-process (for complete automation-system) bye antonio hi,antonio Thanks for your reply. You said custom-process mean customize a process myself...