Customising page numbers

Hi,
In MS Word, we can introduce the page numbers in header/footer and
customize the starting page number from 2 or 3 ... instead of 1. I
want to start the page number from 5 in Excel. Kindly help.

- Krisunela
0
krisunela (4)

Hi
goto 'File - Pagesetup'. In the first tab is a textbox to enter your
starting page (think this was introduced with Excel 2000)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Krisun wrote:
> Hi,
> In MS Word, we can introduce the page numbers in header/footer and
> customize the starting page number from 2 or 3 ... instead of 1. I
> want to start the page number from 5 in Excel. Kindly help.
>
> - Krisunela

0
frank.kabel (11126)
5/30/2004 10:53:12 AM
<File> <PageSetUp> <Page> tab,
At the bottom, change the "Auto" in the "FirstPageNumber" box to whatever
you wish.
--
HTH,

RD

"Krisun" <krisunela@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> In MS Word, we can introduce the page numbers in header/footer and
> customize the starting page number from 2 or 3 ... instead of 1. I
> want to start the page number from 5 in Excel. Kindly help.
>
> - Krisunela

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
5/30/2004 10:58:06 AM
I've got it on my XL97 Frank.
Can't remember farther back then that.
--
Regards,

RD

> Hi
> goto 'File - Pagesetup'. In the first tab is a textbox to enter your
> starting page (think this was introduced with Excel 2000)
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>

> Krisun wrote:
> > Hi,
> > In MS Word, we can introduce the page numbers in header/footer and
> > customize the starting page number from 2 or 3 ... instead of 1. I
> > want to start the page number from 5 in Excel. Kindly help.
> >
> > - Krisunela

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
5/30/2004 11:13:33 AM
Hi
o.k. could not remeber Excel 95/97 either :-)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Ragdyer wrote:
> I've got it on my XL97 Frank.
> Can't remember farther back then that.

------
> Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may
> benefit !
------
> "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> goto 'File - Pagesetup'. In the first tab is a textbox to enter your
>> starting page (think this was introduced with Excel 2000)
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Frank Kabel
>> Frankfurt, Germany
>>

>> Krisun wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> In MS Word, we can introduce the page numbers in header/footer and
>>> customize the starting page number from 2 or 3 ... instead of 1. I
>>> want to start the page number from 5 in Excel. Kindly help.
>>>
>>> - Krisunela

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Auto calc YTD Numbers
Cells A1:L1 equal "Jan" thru "Dec". M1 equals "YTD". Cells A2:L2 equal numeric values. If you haven't guessed it already, I would like M2 to sum all the values A2:L2 for those months previous and including the current month (but not future months). What is the best way for going about this Here are 2 ways =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,,,,MATCH(TEXT(TODAY(),"mmm"),$A$1:$L$1,0))) or =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,,,,MONTH(TODAY()))) hopefully your computer's clock is accurate -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjo...

Problems with page break view
Hi all, I have recently started having problems with page break view in Excel. Basically, I am suddenly unable to move the print borders in this view. The only reason I can imagine for this is that I recently installed the Essbase plug-in for Excel. The problem seemed to surface right after that. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am really frustrated@!! Thanks, Lia ...

Incorrect number of unread messages in Outlook Express
I've seen this problem listed in several places, but have yet to find a satisfactory answer. Here's my sitation: I have a computer that shows an incorrect number of unread messages in the Outlook Express Inbox whenever it downloads messages. Sometimes it's only 1 more than the number it downloaded, sometimes more. I'm not subscribed to any newsgroups, nor do I have any rules or mail filters enabled, including junk mail filters. We've had this problem through two different IMAP accounts, two different ISPs, two different email addresses, and on two different Windows use...

Project Number Changer
Some of our clients would love to see an addition to the Professional Services Tools Library to modify project numbers in project accounting. One of our clients uses this to track organizational projects and whenever there is a department re-org, they would like to merely renumber or rename the existing projects to accomodate. Jen, I wholeheartedly agree!! Our company has 1,500+ ongoing projects for journals where the names of the journals can change over time. We would like to be able to change the Project ID and Contract ID so the acronyms used in the ID's are intuitively rala...

Multiple Numbers on ONE Label
I have several thousand labels I need to print. I would like to put up to 4 part numbers on each label (Avery 5164). These labels will placed on boxes that hold product. Some labels may only get 2 or 3 part numbers per label depending on size of the part. My part numbers are classified as S,M,L. Can this be done? Example... ABC123 - small ABC234 - large (max 2 numbers per label) ABC345 - small ABC456 - med (max 3 numbers per label) BCD123 - small BCD234 See: Print a Quantity of a Label at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-39.html The article assumes you have a Q...

Copying autonumbered paragraphs and retaining original numbers
I need to copy numbered paragraphs from multiple documents. The paragraphs are inconsistent and may be numbered using text, MS Word multi-level list styles or listnum fields. I can search the documents, find the needed paragraphs and copy them to a new document, but when I do, the numbering resets according to the destination document's contents. How do I retain the source document's numbering in the destination document so the reader can determine where in the source document the paragraph came from? Can I convert all the numbering to text before pasting without affe...

string fields in smartlist to be able to searched by number
Current functionality in Greatplains 8 only allows the user to search on a string field however when the results are returned the data included irrelevant data and not that specified in the search. Example Item number search between 1000 and 2000 Results of search on item number 1000, 100086, 100098, 2000 the results should only return 1000 and 2000. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, fo...

random pages
I have developed pages that randomly define a set of normal lung function data based on gender, age and height. I have applied formulas to this data simulate 5 classic lung function abnormalities (normal, restrictive, obstructive, mixed and early obstructive.) Currently the sheets that define the abnormal are named by one of the above lung abnormalities. I would like to present data from random pages in a work book to students and rather than have the pages named by the abnormality be named a simulated patient name. My questions. Can I have the name of a sheet set to equal data from to ...

row number
hi, i would like know how to return a row number or cell number thru macro. i read some other posts that had this issue, but i could not understan much. so i would be thankful if someone helped me with this. thanks, mac -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Mac Sure. Which row number did you have in mind ? For the active cell it's Activecell.Row and Activecell.Column. Best wishes Harald "icestationzbra >" <<icestationzbra.17yhgt@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i melding news:icestationzbra.17yhgt@excelforum-nospam.com... > hi, > > i wou...

How do I jump to a previous page when editing
I am editing a document, I want to jump back to a previous page, several pages back, that I was working on but do not know the page number. Is there a short cut to do this? Ctrl+PageUp/PageDown take you to the top of the preceding/next page. -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word Bible Blog: http://word.herbtyson.com Web: http://www.herbtyson.com "Wordsmith" <Wordsmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B562A85-0F22-432E-A6F6-23B669B50110@microsoft.com... > I am editing a document, I want to jump back to a previous page, several > pag...

100% stacked column chart with negative numbers
How do you create a 100% stacked column chart with negative numbers? After I create the chart it only goes up to 80% How do you want it to show? The total length (including negative amount) of the column should equal 100%. (make sure you haven't limited the scale of your y-axis) What the graph is showing you is that the positive numbers do not account for 100% of your data. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Stuck" wrote: > How do you create a 100% stacked column chart with negative numbers? After I > create th...

Changing Text to Number Problem.
I have a problem when importing information into an Excel spreadsheet. We have a system at work that has a front end Web based application (asp) that accesses an SQL database. Not all of the software is written yet, so to sort/filter data I have to copy lists of information from the Web based application to an Excel spreadsheet. Much of the information that I import (copy and paste) into the spreadsheet are hyperlinks to other information in the SQL database. To get rid of the hyperlinks once I have the list copied to my spreadsheet, I (copy and paste special, values only) the information on...

Pasting Word pages into Excel
Hi, I wanted to paste a Word file into Excel. My Word file contains 12 pages. When I paste into Excel, I only manage to see the first page. Can somebody help me? Thanks in advance. Regards Sze Mei You can double-click on the embedded Word document, and view all the pages, but when it's not active, only the first page is visible. You could create twelve separate one-page Word documents, and embed each of those in your Excel file. Ginger wrote: > Hi, > > I wanted to paste a Word file into Excel. My Word file > contains 12 pages. When I paste into Excel, I only manag...

layout help-creating 2 pages on 8 1/2 x 11 paper for booklet
I am new to Publisher, so bear with me.... I am trying to create a booklet using 8 1/2 x 11 paper in positioned in landscape position. I would like to get 2 pages on one piece of paper, but with the text in a portrait position, if that makes sense. Can anyone guide me? Thanks. -- Lauren When you setup your publication as a booklet, the pages are presented in the correct order automatically. The half pages will be portrait. Have you tried to setup a booklet? If you have, what problems are you experiencing? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.or...

Stacking data to show same number but different colors
I am needing to show two sets of data on a stacked bar that will reflect the total of the denominator. Example. I have 13 cases out of which 1 has a complication. I want the total on the bar to only reflect 13 but the coloring of the bars show both data points (13 and 1). Can this be done? Your stack total must be 13, so your differently formatted stacks have to be 12 and 1. Alternatively you could plot 13 and 1 as clustered columns, and set the overlap to 100. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ wiggy wrote: > I am needing to sh...

Send this page as message.
I'm trying to send a publication as a message, and when sent from one computer, it is always received as plain text. When sent from a different computer it sends ok. Creating a new document and sending it in the same manner works fine on the computer that doesn't send the message in question. I have tried for over an hour, changing this setting and that setting with no results. Can someone point me in a direction to look. Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "RJ" <RJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Rounding numbers in sales receipts.
Hi there, I'm trying to modify a sales receipt so it translate a discount in $ to a discount in %, but I get numbers like this (-3.33333333333%). I need it to looks like currency but without the $ sign like this (-3.33%). Does anyone knows how to do it? Thanks, Julien ------=_NextPart_0001_207C0F12 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning Julien, Thank you for posting your discount question. I am not sure what you are trying to calculate; but I would recommend that you take a look at the available receipt variables: Transaction.DiscountPercent...

Numbering bugs when saving Word 2007 as Word 97-2003
Using both Word 2003 and Word 2007 on Windows XP OS Okay, I've been dealing with this problem for awhile now. but it causes a lot of extra work. Half our staff use Word 2003 (home workers) and the other half have upgraded to Word 2007. I use both Word 2003 (telecommuting) and Word 2007 (office) and I do the finalizing of these files here. We share large-document files among us, so we save the files as Word 97-2003 so everyone can access. This results in numbering getting completely out of whack after you save it and reopne. Also the heading formatting is lost sometimes (b...

Changing Numbers to Text in a query
Hello, I have a number in a query that i need to change to text because my data, i.e. 555767 is being returned as 555,767 and i do not want it to contain a comma. Any ideas? Thank you! MN Perhaps you only need to change the "display" of the number, not the data type...? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "MacNut2004" <MacNut2004@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF49F175-9640-4B44-961C-4A8EC6D5E4BB@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I have a number in a query that i need to change to text because my data, > i.e. 555767 is b...

Printing an Email Message (but only 1 page)
Hi, when I go to print an email (in Microsoft Outlook), I press "file", then "print", and usually I get a window asking "Print pages -- "all" or "page numbers.." etc, but I don't always get this screen. Sometimes, (depending on the email), I get "print all pages, print only odd pages, or print only even pages". How can I only print the current page, all the time? Thank you! ...

Can I show a number like 1,935,674,923 as 1.9B?
I would like to reformat 10- and 11-digit the numbers (e.g. like 1,935,674,923 as 1.9B). Can this be done? Custom format: 0.0,,,"B" best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:262241F3-063E-4F97-B864-A629EC670112@microsoft.com... > I would like to reformat 10- and 11-digit the numbers (e.g. like > 1,935,674,923 as 1.9B). Can this be done? Dave, Use a custom format of #.#,,,"B" or 0.0,,,"B" depending on ho...

Changes in columns from page to page
I have a documents created in Word 97 and now in Word 2003. They have 2 columns (It's a cookbook.) and I insert column breaks at the end of a recipe to force a complete recipe to start at the top of a column. On one particular document, I inserted a break at the bottom of column 2 on page 20 and the recipe pasted in column 1 of page 21 centered the recipe over both columns. The recipe is only about 24 lines of text. I've checked formatting, styles, page layout and anything else I can think of above and in other supposedly identical documents. I've created a templ...

Page number on screen
?How do I remove the page number that shows up in the back ground on my computer screen (but not the print out)? Hi goto 'View - Normal' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "aedj73" <aedj73@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5CA8F636-7739-4E23-B5D0-A6FD39FC29EA@microsoft.com... > ?How do I remove the page number that shows up in the back ground on my > computer screen (but not the print out)? ...

Delete accounts numbers ftom the chart of accounts
I would like to know how to delete or reset my accounts number in the chart of accounts in once in Microsoft Accounting profesional 2008 MA, this is a GP forum. You might want to try a MAP forum. Good luck, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ...

page break views
how can i go back to normal view from page break view i have gone into view but it will not let me go back to normal work sheet thanks Go to View and select Normal view. >-----Original Message----- >how can i go back to normal view from page break view i have gone into view but it will not let me go back to normal work sheet thanks >. > ...