Customising page numbers

Hi,
In MS Word, we can introduce the page numbers in header/footer and
customize the starting page number from 2 or 3 ... instead of 1. I
want to start the page number from 5 in Excel. Kindly help.

- Krisunela
0
krisunela (4)

Hi
goto 'File - Pagesetup'. In the first tab is a textbox to enter your
starting page (think this was introduced with Excel 2000)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Krisun wrote:
> Hi,
> In MS Word, we can introduce the page numbers in header/footer and
> customize the starting page number from 2 or 3 ... instead of 1. I
> want to start the page number from 5 in Excel. Kindly help.
>
> - Krisunela

0
frank.kabel (11126)
5/30/2004 10:53:12 AM
<File> <PageSetUp> <Page> tab,
At the bottom, change the "Auto" in the "FirstPageNumber" box to whatever
you wish.
--
HTH,

RD

"Krisun" <krisunela@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> In MS Word, we can introduce the page numbers in header/footer and
> customize the starting page number from 2 or 3 ... instead of 1. I
> want to start the page number from 5 in Excel. Kindly help.
>
> - Krisunela

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
5/30/2004 10:58:06 AM
I've got it on my XL97 Frank.
Can't remember farther back then that.
--
Regards,

RD

> Hi
> goto 'File - Pagesetup'. In the first tab is a textbox to enter your
> starting page (think this was introduced with Excel 2000)
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>

> Krisun wrote:
> > Hi,
> > In MS Word, we can introduce the page numbers in header/footer and
> > customize the starting page number from 2 or 3 ... instead of 1. I
> > want to start the page number from 5 in Excel. Kindly help.
> >
> > - Krisunela

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
5/30/2004 11:13:33 AM
Hi
o.k. could not remeber Excel 95/97 either :-)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Ragdyer wrote:
> I've got it on my XL97 Frank.
> Can't remember farther back then that.

------
> Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may
> benefit !
------
> "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> goto 'File - Pagesetup'. In the first tab is a textbox to enter your
>> starting page (think this was introduced with Excel 2000)
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Frank Kabel
>> Frankfurt, Germany
>>

>> Krisun wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> In MS Word, we can introduce the page numbers in header/footer and
>>> customize the starting page number from 2 or 3 ... instead of 1. I
>>> want to start the page number from 5 in Excel. Kindly help.
>>>
>>> - Krisunela

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Sorting a full list into a list of number ranges
Hello everyone I have a number of sheets each containing a list of numbers. Should this be important, each number is always 11 digits in length and they all start with a 0. Many of the numbers are sequential, where the last digit increments by 1. What I would like to do for those numbers that are part of a range is to find the first and last number of that range. Is there a formula that could read through the list one by one and make a separate list of each unique number and the first and last number where the numbers are sequential? As an example, using completely made up numbers: Full...

i formatted an excel sheet, to fit my page, how do i add a page?
I am really new at excel and I used page breaks to make a log in sheet how I need, now it says Page 1, and i filled up the name column how do I add another page with the same format? Unless you've selected fit to one page As you use rows afgter the end of page 1 it should go into a new page = automaticaly. Steve On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 02:52:58 +0100, newnewnew = <newnewnew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am really new at excel and I used page breaks to make a log in sheet= = > how I > need, now it says Page 1, and i filled up the name column how do I add= &...

how do i make a footer in Publisher
I am new to Publisher, but in the other Microsoft software I can show in the footer both the current page number and the total number of pages in the document. Can I do this in Publisher and how do I do it. Thanks Sharyn After you Insert, page numbers. View, Master page, type page # of XXX, (page 1 of 199) -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Sharyn Bir" <Sharyn Bir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF0833E5-35A6-4304-A551-6ABCE7346DF3@microsoft.com... >I am new to Publisher, but in the other Microsoft software I can show in the > footer both t...

Loan Payment Number
Awhile back, my bank stopped assigning a check number for my epay loan payment. Instead the transaction Num is "epay". it causes a problem in my loan account where it stops using the correct payment number...it now uses 21 every month. When I try o manually change it, I get slammed with an error: You cannot change this transaction into an electronic payment or transfer because the date is not within an acceptable range and cannot be changed. I don't know why I am not allowed to cahnge a payment number and what purpose this error restriction serves. How can I resolve this b...

adding 1 before phone number
I am looking to add a 1 before all of my long distance phone numbers...but I don't want to go through every cell and add 1...is there an easier way?? Add a column somewhere alongside and use the formula =concatenate("1",A1) and replace A1 with the cell containing the number. Alternatively, ASAP Utilities has a function to add leading text (and a whole raft of other useful functions). Cheers, Richard Carter ======================== richard at rjcarter dot net "Chris" <mrlanscapa@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1ae801c38464$92277000$a001280a@phx.gbl... &g...

function to return "number" of different values that occur ?
Hi, Is there an function is Excel that can return the number of different values i.e COLUMNA 1 1 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 6 6 6 6 6 TOTAL = 6 (i.e 6 different values appear) Thanks for any help. Scott Hi =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100<>"")/(COUNTIF(A1:A100,A1:A100)+(A1:A100=""))) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "scott" <nospamscott@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:%23fiLuks4EHA.1392@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there an function is Excel that can return the number of different > values i.e > > COLUMNA > 1 > 1 >...

How do I get page numbers to keep going?
I am creating a report for uni. I have section 1 for the cover page with no page number, section 2 for the table of content with page number of I and then I have section 3 starting at page 1. It has 1 on the first page of section 3 but it doesn't continue to page two. How can I fix this? WORD 2007 Take the following actions (this is for page numbers to appear on the left hand side of the footer or centre aligned page numbers):- 1. Go into Section 3 / Insert / Header & Footer group / Footer / Edit Footer / 2. Make sure you are at the following point:- Foote...

Retriveving numbers formated as text ?
Hello all I have setup a worksheet so that when someone inserts a plan information about the plan number appears. The plan number unfortunately are in one of the following combinations, 144 144. 144.1B . I have formatted the cells to be TEXT, but when someon inserts 144 no information is retrieved. The only ones that work ar 144.1 and 144.1B. Also when i hightlight all cells and format as TEX the little green 'thing' shows up ONLY on 144.1 and 144.1B and not o 144 . I hope i've been clear. Thank you -Ruffle -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com When retrieving the...

Open hyperlink to a bookmark goes to the top of page
I am trying to open a local htlm document and position to a bookmark section of ir but it goes to the top of the web page instead of the specific section of the bookmark. I am trying to open this URL thru Start->Run file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/mywebpage.htm#C4 It opens the default Internet browser. It opens the ducument but takes out the #C4 section. Is this a knows issue? How can I work around it? ...

Customised toolbar
Hi, I have a customized toolbar of my own in excel, how do I copy that in another computer which has excel, Raj -- Rajkumar Eager to learn more about Excel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rajkumar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2159 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=538327 Hello Rajkumar I can see two possible ways: either attach your custom toolbar to a workbook and copy this workbook onto your other computer Or Search for the latest XLB extension file on your co...

I have numbers instead of letters on my columns, why?
I don't see anywhere to change this. I copied a client's spreadsheet and now all of my Excel sheets have numbers for the columns and the rows. It is making it hard to do formulas. Please help! >From the menu - select Tools | Options; click the General tab and make sure R1C1 reference style is NOT checked. Tools>options>general and uncheck R1C1 reference style -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "lisawjs" <lisawjs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4717FB6D-8253-4BAB-AF32-63DE07EBEA10@microsoft.com... > I don't see anywhere to change this....

shortcut for setting up multiple pages
I have a list of accounts that each need their own page. How do I merge that list to set up individual pages in one fell swoop? What version of OneNote are you using? I would probably create a sample page (or section) and then just copy that and rename each copy as necessary. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Holly" <Holly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Saving As "Web Page(*.htm;*.html) doesn't work?
When I try to Save As "Web Page(*.htm;*.html)" nothing happens. I hav Microsoft Excel 2000. Please advise. Thanks, Joe Mille -- Joe Mille ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Joe Miller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2990 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49691 this is a reply test -- Joe Miller ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Joe Miller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29900 ...

Allow Products to be customised or at min allow security filters
It would be great if it were possible to apply security on the Product Entity, at least by business unit. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e7fc75cb-23e4-49db...

How to XslTransform.Transform to new web page from code behind?
I'm working with a typed dataset and want to implement a print button that prints my formatted data without the company logo and other stuff on the form. I've created an XSLT file to transform the XML version of the dataset into HTML and would like to display it in a new browser window leaving the original window up and/or maybe even just send it out to the default printer or bring up the print dialog for printing out the web page. I have successfully saved the html file, but I'm not sure how to send to a new browser window instead of a file. Please help, code below: XmlData...

adding a fixed number to a list of numbers?
Hi everyone, I have a list of numbers, prices on condos $556,000 $548,500 $541,000 $533,500 $485,000 $518,500 $451,250 $446,500 $530,000 $496,000 These are just typed in numbers, not formulas if I want to add $12,000 to all those numbers without doing i manually, how would I do that? Thank You -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Do you mean by just thinking about it? <g> One way assuming you meant in a non formula way is to put 12000 in a cell, copy it, select the range and do edit>paste special and select add. I would personally save a copy of the original rang...

3 "checkboxes" in 3 cells returning specific number to 4th cell.
I have placed 3 checkboxes on my worksheet..... 1 each in cell B25, C25, and D25. All of the cells should default to false ( unchecked ) but also need to switch to allow any one of the 3 ( and only one of the 3 ) cells to have a value of true. I need the default value in a 4th cell M25 to be zero " 0 " In the instance of the B25 cell equaling true I need the value in M25 to = 520 In the instance of the C25 cell equaling true I need the value in M25 = 520 In the instance of the D25 cell equalling true I need the value in M25 = 864 I know how to set up the checkboxes to defaul...

How do I set the page margins on outgoing email?
I used a Microsoft publisher 2007 template to create an email newsletter. Outlook 2007 is my default email. When I receive the test email sent to another outlook address, the newsletter is indented from the left side so if you try to print, it will not print the whole newsletter and distorts the images. How do I stop this? you shouldn't use publisher to create an email newsletter. use a real HTML editor or create it in Outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol200...

hOW DO I MAKE ITEMS BOUNCE ON A WEBSITE PAGE?
I want to make pics of friends bounce around the screen, and when they hit the edge, I want their name to flash Pumblino <Pumblino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to make pics of friends bounce around the screen, and when they hit >the edge, I want their name to flash Have you ever seen that done anyplace else? I should add: when you weren't doing drugs? that's the only way to make ink move -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Uncle Grumpy" <unclegrumpy@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:a1u9b3pn02vrk4c1q0b0680lea3utuask4@4a...

Length of GP document numbers
As installed the GP documents are assigned a rather lengthly number such as SALES00000005555. I would like to shorten the document number to something more reasonable such as SALES005555 but am concerned about the consequences of changing it mid-stream. It looks like we will process about 10,000 invoices this year so with the default length it would take us... well a long time. My shortened example would last 99 years. Anyone know of a problem shortening the length? John Trax yes you can change for sure, it will not have any effect on you system, except if you need to inquire for ...

In Pub 2003, how can I set Page x of y in the footer?
I need to have Page x of y in the footer of documents that I am working on. Anyone have a solution? When you number the pages, add manually the word page and the y amount. It would look similar to this: Page # of 20 pages This function in on the Master Page. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Gem" <Gem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0A72464-7B44-485B-ACB3-300FF6EB4F63@microsoft.com... >I need to have Page x of y in the footer of documents that I am working on. > > Anyone have...

Fixed Assets Serial Number Field
Combination of Manufacturer Name & Serial Numbers are unique indentifiers to identify assets. When creating FA IDs, currently there is no way to prevent duplicate serial numbers; an Asset can accidentally be created more than once with the same serial number. I would like to suggest making the Serial Number a unique field or giving users a prompt to tell them that this number already exists and if they still want to continue. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click t...

Printing a diary with the date instead of page number.
I'm trying to print something like a diary in such a way that when I open it like a book, it shows the same date on both the left- and the right side page. On each page I want an empty table (the same one on each page). Now, I want to print this automatically. So on the first sheet side B shows January 1, on the second sheet side A shows January 1 and side B shows January 2, on the third sheet side A shows January 2 and side B shows January 3 etc. etc. untill December 31 What's the best way to do this in Excel or Word? I'm not quite en expert so please keep it simple ;o) Than...

How do I import pages from one Publisher file to another?
I created two Publisher files and now I need to make them one. What's the simplest way to take the pages from one of the files and drop them into the other? Copy and paste -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "PJT" <PJT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:699D07F2-18F6-47FA-B8FC-3A977D254C03@microsoft.com... >I created two Publisher files and now I need to make them one. What's the > simplest way to take the pages from one of the files and drop them into > the > other? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG ...