Custom toolbar button icons

How do you make & use them?  I want more than the ~30 standard
icons.

Eugene

0
leaftye (12)

Eugene,

You can rt-click on a commandbar, choose "Customize" then rt-click on your button and choose "Edit
Image"  The icon editor will open, and you can change the icon.  The icon will then be stored along
with your toolbar settings in your .xlb file.

IF you need to share your icon, then other steps need to be taken.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"leaftye - ExcelForums.com" <leaftye@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> How do you make & use them?  I want more than the ~30 standard
> icons.
>
> Eugene

0
Bernie
7/7/2005 3:39:11 PM
That did it, thanks!  I swear, that option was invisible to me.  I
knew it was there, but my eyes refused to see it.  I need more
coffee...

Eugene

0
leaftye (12)

Help required in Custom Number format
Hi friends, I have a number 1525149. When i apply "comma" style it gives 1,525,149. Where as i need 15,25,149 (indian style). Tried to modify in Format>Cells>Custom number format but not made it. Can you give a solution. Thanks in advance. Madhu Hi Madhu, Here is a format that you can use [>=10000000]##\,##\,##\,##0.00�;[>=100000]##\,##\,##0.00;##,#�#0.00 -- HTH Bob Phillips "Madhu" <madhu@paceinfo.com> wrote in message news:%23rfv3uAaFHA.1088@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi friends, > > I have a number 1525149. When i appl...

How to create a CEdit custom Scroll bar
Good morning developers. I am currently almost halfway developping a custom scroll bar for a CEdit control. My problem is that it almost works ok in Debug mode but it is unacceptable in release mode. Is there any trails I should look into on how to properly skin a CEdit control Scroll bar. The way I did it is I disabled the scroll bar in the MFC UI designer and I am painting a scroll bar in the NC Area. Is this the proper way to do It? I cought almost all the message to drag the thum, and the mouse wheel and auto moving the thumb if the view is scrolled when typing. Currently I am st...

Please help: Template for basic customer service/sales/reports
I want a basic CRM sales, customer service and reports, so I bought MS CRM software single license and MS SQL server. With very little Windows programming .NET and MS SQL experience, I don't think I have the time learn and develop a basic layout for sales, customer service and reports. Is there some kind of templates that I can download or purchase that come with pre-developed interfaces that I can pick from. I like the setup that comes with the demo version of MS CRM, so I'm seeking for something similar to that. Or is it better just to pay a developer to do the work for m...

Open excel files disappear from toolbar
Hi, Excel 2000 / Win XP Pro. When I have more than one excel file open, the active file stays in the toolbar and the others end up in "window" which is a pain when trying to move between open files. WORD keeps all the files in the toolbar. Can anyone help? It's a pain! Is "Tools->Options->View" - "Windows in task bar" what you're after? -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Glen_S" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:235C1881-2C7B-4B29-BF5D-B48874680...

Custom Menu's
I just installed Office 2003, I had the file with the custom menu setting in Excel 97. Does somebody know what is the file used by 2003 to keeps the menu settings. Thanks Hi Fgomez, > Does somebody know what is the file used by 2003 to keeps the menu > settings. > Excel11.xlb Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP http://www.jkp-ads.com ...

Publisher 98 Toolbars
Hi All, I have Publisher 98 and Win XP SP2. In the "View" menu all 3 toolbars are ticked but only the standard toolbar is showing. I tried the "Objects" icon on the left and both the "Standard" and "Formatting" toolbars are also ticked. I am having difficulty in making a watermark on a wedding invitation. Can anyone please tell me how to make these toolbars show. Also most of the options in the Format menu are greyed out. Thanks in advance Teriel9 PUB98: How to Reset the Toolbars in Publisher 98 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-...

Custom Ribbon and Reports

Can I get Button name or Cell Reference
If I have a sheet with 20 buttons (1 on each row) and each button points to the same macro, is it possible for the macro to determine the Row number (Or possibly the Button Name)? Based on the row, the macro will continue updating data on that Row. -- Trefor This is a button from the Forms toolbar? Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim BTN As Button Set BTN = ActiveSheet.Buttons(Application.Caller) MsgBox Application.Caller & vbLf _ & BTN.Name & vbLf _ & BTN.TopLeftCell.Address(0, 0) & vbLf _ & BTN.Caption End Sub A...

Currency Style Button applies Accounting Style
I have never understood why the $ button on the formatting toolbar has a tooltip that says Currency Style and yet it applies the Accounting style. It has been this way for years. Am I missing something or is that a boo boo in Excel. Thanks for the input!! I can't comment on why it is what it is ... like all things pertaining to Redmond's opinions on what users "need", it's their ALMIGHTY choice. If you wish to change it, go to: <Format> <Style>, expand the Name box and click on "Currency". Click on "Modify", and that'll bring u...

Customer record count query
Hi everbody - I am struggling here - I need a query showing the number of customers that I have and also a record count as well. The result should look like this for eg> name address city state phone mary 555 main st miami florida 2015551212 henry 896 mott st orlando florida 201777888 total records = 2 select custname, address1, city, state, phone from RM00101 Compute count(*) -- Charles Allen, MVP "Michael@nyresume.com" wrote: > Hi everbody - > I am struggling here - I need a query showing the number of customers that I > h...

Customizing Outlook Today #18
Hi, Anyone any ideas why when I click on the button Customize Outlook Today nothing happens? Any ideas very welcome! Thanks. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Maple asked: | Hi, Anyon...

Can I create an icon of my own and add it into windows system?
My subject... Sure. But it's not a MS Office issue. Google for create icon "Victor" <Victor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE1841A9-09D1-473E-BAD0-73B12FB1CAD5@microsoft.com... : My subject... Axialis Icon Editor might be worth a look. If that doesn't help, do as Tom suggests and try an internet search. -- Susan Ramlet **please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit** "Victor" <Victor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE1841A9-09D1-473E-BAD0-73B12FB1CAD5@microsoft.com... > My subje...

right mouse button not working correctly
Hi folks, Justrecently my right mouse button stopped workng as normal - meaning that when you right click a spreadshett row you normally have a number of command selections such as delete row, insert row etc, however now it just does nothing in the application. I re-installed Excel but it keeps happening?? Any idea? regards David As a former HelpDesk person answering Microsoft and general pc questions, the first thing I have to ask here, David, is: Does the mouse right-click correctly in MS-Word?...In Windows Explorer?... Is this a mouse issue or Excel issue?...Then we go from t...

Collapsing/Hiding radio and macro buttons
We are trying to create a form that will allow users to enter data, but due to the size of our worksheet, we want to collapse rows to reduce space. Using the forms toolbar, we are creating selection options using radio buttons, etc, but when we collapse the columns, the button do not go away. Under "Format Contro - Properties", we can't set up the controls to collapse as required. Any suggestions? Thank You Lance -- Lance Gray The controls from the Control toolbox toolbar have that option. Lance Gray wrote: > > We are trying to create a form that will allow users ...

Global Customer custom data field
I am running 2 stores with HQ and Global customers. How can I change the global customer title custom fields in the Additional tab in HQ. I change the title fields in store manager, by going to Captions button under the configuration section, but HQ Manager doesn't have a captions button. How can I update those custom fields in HQ with thier current customers? Thanks Dave These values are kept in records 1-15 of the CustomCaption table of the HQ database. Using HQAdministrator, you could execute a query like: update CustomCaption set caption='my custom text' where id=1 ...

share custom menus and toolbars across users
Hi, This might seem to be a novice question so I apoligise in advance! I have a macro which I have assigned to a toolbar icon and dropped int the standard toolbar area (next to the save icon). Does anyone know ho I can have this icon appear when users log in from their own machine? thanks agai -- underhil ----------------------------------------------------------------------- underhill's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27350 There is never any need to apologise. 1. Y...

How do I change default Custom paper size in MSPub 2003?
I once used a unique paper and inserted the dimensions in the Custom paper size, under Printer properties. That was some monthsago. For some reason, whever I open MSPub 2003 it starts with this unusual Paper size as my default. I have tried as many ways as I can to reset the Custom size, or to get it to open in a default A4 size (as used standard here in Australia) but it keeps on defaulting back to the strange Custom dimensions. Setup the paper size in the printer folder via the control panel. Right-click your printer, printing preferences... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.micr...

Custom Chart Types
I need to create a graph that does not currently exist in Excel. Is there a depot of custom graph that people have made? The two types of graphs I need are: Chart1: 2x Bar, 1 line Chart2: "Pareto Type" 1 Line, 1 Bar, and a Area Any help would be greatly appreciated. Note: I can create these in other charting programs. Shawn Pendergast wrote: > I need to create a graph that does not currently exist in > Excel. Is there a depot of custom graph that people have > made? > > The two types of graphs I need are: > > Chart1: 2x Bar, 1 line > Chart2: &quo...

Linking activities to custom entity
Hi everyone, I got everything installed and customized but I have the following problem: I have set up a custom entity "project" where we store information about projects (we are a service based company). I have set up an m:n relationship between project and contacts so we can see all (external and internal) contacts that are working on that project. My problem is now that I can see the email history in a contact but not in an associated project. I would need to have the email stored in the contact history as well as in the project history. Is there a solution that CRM does this au...

Custom View problem #2
Hi there. I have a spreadsheet with an unwieldy number of columns, and I'm trying to use Custom View to make it easier to work with. Essentially, it is a business planning assumptions' log, with columns A-J detailing the assumption. Then, each department in the company has a number of columns to detail the impact of the assumption on their team, against various criteria. (i.e. Dept A has L-AN, Dept B has AP- BR and so on) I've created Custom Views to show A-J plus each department's columns, and one for the whole spreadsheet. However, when I try and create one to show just A...

Bulk Change Customer Price Level
We recently instituted a customer loyalty program. I need to set the price level for the 900+ custoemrs with these new cards and account numbers to Price level A. Account numbers are sequential and I can query them in reports but I lack the SQL know how to make the change. Any ideas. Starting Account number is 101010 and ending is 1010955 Hi Chris Try.... update customer set pricelevel = 1 where accountnumber between 0101010 and 1010955; I beleive account numbers are 7 digits; To roll back to all customers having "standard "price level use update customer set pricelevel ...

selecting more than one option button
I have set up a worksheet in Excel with numerous option buttons. My problem is now it will only let me select 1 option button. How can I select multiple option buttons? Thanks, Katie You may not want option buttons. You can only have one option button in any given grouping selected. You might want to use Check boxes instead. "Katie-Baughman" wrote: > I have set up a worksheet in Excel with numerous option buttons. My problem > is now it will only let me select 1 option button. How can I select multiple > option buttons? > > Thanks, > Katie If you ha...

removing tooltip from maximize button
I'd like to remove the tooltip label "Restore down" from the Maximize button in my MainFrame. I tried and failed with: void CMainFrame::OnNcMouseMove(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { if(nFlags != HTZOOM) CWnd::OnNcMouseMove(nFlags, point); } Do I have to use a WM_MOUSEHOVER message, perhaps in combination with the above? Thank you. "Steve Russell" <srussell@innernet.net> wrote in message news:eFupmc91DHA.2060@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I'd like to remove the tooltip label "Restore down" from the Maximize button > in my MainFrame. > >...

Formatting buttons & drawing shapes.
Morning! I wonder if someone could please help me with what I guess is a formatting problem. I want to run a macro from a 'forms' button, but I can't format the button to any other colour than grey, although the font can of course be changed to any colour. However changing the font colour doesn't give me enough contrast for certain colours of font against the grey background. An aternative method is to apply a macro to a drawing shape, which would allow me to use any colour of background and any colour of font. Excellent, except that it doesn't have the benefit of the 3...

Toolbar Javascript
Hi everyone, I am trying to modify a custom toolbar button that calls a new aspx page which returns a xml document to parse. This has spawned a few small questions and I was hoping for some help. #1 In the ISV file all my javascript to call this new page is under the JavaScript attribute. Can I point this to be a file reference instead of inline code? I keep the js file in a /CustomCode/ folder on the CRM server. #2 The first thing my javascript does is call crmForm.Save(). I only show the button on the task edit aspx page but the task may not be completely filled out and will error on ...