Custom toolbar and macros

I am moving a user from Windows 2000 to XP and he has a worksheet with many
custom Macros as well as the custon toolbar with it.  We can move the
worksheet and the macros will move with it.  The problem is moving the custom
toolbar with it.  How do I get the toolbar to move along with the worksheet.
0
MD1 (196)

One way:

With the custom workbook active, choose Tools/Customize/Toolbars. Click
Attach. Attach your custom toolbar to the workbook.

In article <F0FC2885-07CB-4706-BC67-DEB7B664BACF@microsoft.com>,
 "MD" <MD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am moving a user from Windows 2000 to XP and he has a worksheet with many
> custom Macros as well as the custon toolbar with it.  We can move the
> worksheet and the macros will move with it.  The problem is moving the custom
> toolbar with it.  How do I get the toolbar to move along with the worksheet.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
5/10/2005 3:27:33 PM
Thanks JE

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

> One way:
>
> With the custom workbook active, choose Tools/Customize/Toolbars. Click
> Attach. Attach your custom toolbar to the workbook.
>
> In article <F0FC2885-07CB-4706-BC67-DEB7B664BACF@microsoft.com>,
>  "MD" <MD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I am moving a user from Windows 2000 to XP and he has a worksheet with many
> > custom Macros as well as the custon toolbar with it.  We can move the
> > worksheet and the macros will move with it.  The problem is moving the custom
> > toolbar with it.  How do I get the toolbar to move along with the worksheet.

0
MD1 (196)

Custom base class for dialog
I have a base class derived from CDialog, let's call it CMyDialog. CMyDialog implements basic functionality that a large group of my dialogs need to have. One common member is a CGridCtrl (another derived class), that implements subitem editing. My issue comes to having handlers that respond to LVN_BEGINLABELEDIT as well as LVN_ENDLABELEDIT. To use the message map functionality I need to have some identifier such as IDC_LIST1. The problem of course is that CMyDialog doesn't have access to this value. The other problem is that perhaps the CGridCtrl members doesn't have the same dia...

Custom icons
In word 2007, under word options > customize > modify there is a "Modify button" dialog box. Is there a way to add some icons of mine? -- geotso ---- ---- --- -- -- - - Please, remove hyphens to contact me ---- ---- --- -- -- - - Creating custom icons can be done in Word 2007, but it's more difficult than in previous versions. Take a look at the article at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Ribbon_Custom_Icons.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "geotso" <ge-o-tso@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:C...

Visual Studio preprocessor macro

Macro for detect palindromes and repeats in letters/numbers string
Dear all, I am looking to detect palindromes (sentence or number or other sequence of units that can be read the same way in either direction) and repeats (sequences of letters or numbers which are repeating atleast twice within a string) in some strings containing between 20-5000 letters. Has somebody any idea how could I perform that using an Excel macro? I would like that the string to be evaluated could be on cell "A1" and that the detected palindromes and repeats could be listed bellow A2 and C2, respectively; and that the number of times that they appear in the sentence could b...

Personal macro workbook and personal.xls
Yet another question on this topic. I cannot create a macro in my personal macro workbook as it comes up with the error message "Personal Macro Workbook in the startup folder must stay open for recording". I have searched c: for the personal.xls file and it doesn't exist - checked start up folder and not there. I have detect and repaired excel. I have checked disabled items. I have checked hide/unhide. Can anyone help me?? am I missing something obvious? Cheers When you looked for personal.xls, did you look for hidden files and through hidden folders? Maybe looking again ...

Large txt file import macro
All, I asked a longtime ago for a macro to allow large text files to be imported over several sheets within one work book, this worked great, however my machine has been rebuilt and I failed to keep the macro, can some nice person please supply a link again . Many thx Larry. Larry, The usual code is below. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Sub LargeFileImport() 'Dimension Variables Dim ResultStr As String Dim FileName As String Dim FileNum As Integer Dim Counter As Double 'Ask User for File's Name FileName = Application.GetOpenFilename 'Check for no entry If FileName = "...

toolbar #2
Hi, I'm still having trouble with text on the right on toolbar. ex. if (!m_wndToolBar.CreateEx(this, TBSTYLE_LIST..... ..... DWORD dwExStyle = TBSTYLE_EX_DRAWDDARROWS|TBSTYLE_EX_MIXEDBUTTONS ; m_wndToolBar.GetToolBarCtrl().SendMessage(TB_SETEXTENDEDSTYLE, 0, (LPARAM)dwExStyle); DWORD dwStyle = m_wndToolBar.GetButtonStyle(m_wndToolBar.CommandToIndex(ID_NEW)); m_wndToolBar.SetButtonText(m_wndToolBar.CommandToIndex(ID_NEW), "New"); m_wndToolBar.SetButtonStyle(m_wndToolBar.CommandToIndex(ID_NEW), dwStyle|BTNS_SHOWTEXT); and at lease I need to setup button sizes like m_wndTool...

OL 2000 stops responding after clicking on Standard toolbar.
My OL 2000 stops responding when I click on any option on the standard toolbar. I've been trying to access - Tools, options or services and modify some settings. I can access the configuration in the control panel but cannot access anything on the standard toolbar. How do I resolve this problem? ...

Custom patterns for cell shading
Hello, Is there a way to add 'custom patterns' to the cell shading option? I was hoping for a nice 'arrow pattern' for the conditional formatting. (I'm doing a presentation of traffic flow, and for flow north or south [ie if Northbound > Southbound, flow is northbound], I would like to graphically show the flow.) Any assistance or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently using windings arrows, but a form of pattern / conditional formatting would be awesome. Jools -- World of Warcraft *isn't* work? ...

MACRO FOR PRINTER #2
I forgot to put the formula on my last message. If anyone can help to recode this macro so after it gets done printing a specific job, it default backs to "\\ALBPRN02 rather than "\\ALBPRN01, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advacne. Application.ActivePrinter = "\\ALBPRN01\finlj02 on Ne03:" ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, ActivePrinter:= _ "\\ALBPRN02\finlj02 on Ne03:", Collate:=True ...

Custom Sort Order in a Form
Hello, I am trying to set the sort order to a custom setting in an Access Form (2k). I have a field with data "High", "Medium", "Low". If I sort normal the data is viewed High, Low, Medium. I want it to sort H,M,L. Is there anyway to do this? Thanks Create a table along the lines of: RatingValue SortOrder High 1 Medium 2 Low 3 Sort on the SortOrder field. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "jrizzo77" <jrizzo77@yahoo.c...

How can a user created template be added to the toolbar
Running Office 2007 Pro. I inadvertently posted this question in the forms forum. I created a template that I would like to access from the toolbar instead through the menu even though I have eliminated a couple steps by putting Choose Form on the toolbar it still takes more clicks than I want. I saw instructions about adding a form but I couldn't get past "modifying selection" after selecting the macro. So how do I add my OFT file to the toolbar? Thanks for you time and assistance! ...

Checkboxes and macros
I'm new with working with forms and macros and I'm a little lost. This is what I have... A B C 3 2 5 0 0 This is what I need. I need to place 3 checkboxes each in B2, B3 and B4, equally Yes,No and N/A. If yes is clicked, then B2 and C2 will populate with value "3". If no is clicked, then B2 and C2 will populate with value "0". If N/A is clicked then, then B2 and C2 will populate with "-". Is this possible? And if so, is there a macro that I can place to do all of this? How wou...

Customer credit limit checking in Project Accounting and Field Ser
Hi there We are using both Project Accounting and Field Services at a site that is very strict about using a customers credit limit. But the problem we have is that when billing from these two modules it does not check against the credit limit as it does in SOP. How can I get it to check the credit limit? Regards Robin You will need to create a Dex customization for this. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblosgter.blogspot.com "Robinv" wrote: ...

Customizing the to-do bar 2007
Back in Outlook 2003, I had the to-do bar set up to show a task that I had completed that day. It would go gray with a line through it. With 2007, when I complete a task it disappears. Anyone know the proper filter settings that would show only current (not started) tasks in the to-do bar and then show ones completed just today. Getting rid of the completed ones tomorrow. Thanks a lot in advance. No such setting exists. 2007's To do Bar is nowhere near as customisable as the TaskPad in 2002 and 2003. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant www.pragmatix.com.au .....

Business Unit Form Customization
It would appear that there are unmapped 'string' fields (specifically: 'fileasname') within the BusinessUnit table that would be suitable for my companies' use, however I am unable to find any simple means of inserting them into the Business Unit form. What suggested, and probably unsupported, methods might I use? Jim, It seems the the BusinessUnit table is locked down and isn't able to be customized in a supported manner. If you look at the Entity table in the Metabase DB, you will notice that there is a column IsCustomizable there. For the BusinessUnit, this valu...

Customer Email Address
Recently installed HQ and am having a few issues. One is that, in two of my three stores, the clerks can't type anything in the Email Address box. It is "greyed out" but all the other boxes are fine (ie. name, phone#). Thoughts? For that Cashier check what Security level they are assigned to in the SO Manager --> Database menu --> Cashier Properties. Then check if there are any custom security levels defined. SO Manager --> File menu --> Security menu --> View. Rob "Krista" <Krista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E36A5E3...

Can't find my macro
Some time ago I created a macro by following some instructions here. As best I can recall, it was: 1. Alt+F11 2. Insert Module 3. Type in the macro That macro is still there and running just fine. Now, I would like to add another macro, but I can't find the first one. Alt+F11 opens up a module named [Module3(Code)], which does not contain the previous macro. Can someone help me find that macro so I can add a new one? Type the macro's name in the Immediate window, put the text cursor inside, or next to, the macro name you just typed and then press Shift+F2 -- Rick (MVP - Excel)...

Customize Outlook Today #25
Wnen I click on Customize Outlook Today, nothing happens. I have reinstalled Microsoft Office 2000, but it did not correct the problem. I'm experiencing the same problem. >-----Original Message----- >Wnen I click on Customize Outlook Today, nothing happens. >I have reinstalled Microsoft Office 2000, but it did not >correct the problem. >. The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820...

custom colors in dialogbars
hi, Is it possible to customize the colors in a dialogbar, something like OnCtlColor in dialogs ? Thanks, Behzad I've never used CDialogBar for some time, but it seems to me that a control is a control so OnCtrlColor should probably still work if you implement the handler. Dialog bars just have controls. Tom "Behzad" <b@y.c> wrote in message news:ektaRAVCHHA.4992@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > hi, > Is it possible to customize the colors in a dialogbar, something like > OnCtlColor in dialogs ? > > Thanks, > Behzad > I used OnCtlColor to...

Save Custom Table/Report?
Hello, I have a project file that I open as Read Only from a Sharepoint directory. I have a custom table and report that I need to regenerate every time I open the file. Is this because I have it opened as Read Only? Is there a way for me to save a custom table and/or report locally, so that I can apply it to the shared file I open? Thanks, WtS Wonko -- The next time you open the file, regenerate the custom Table and custom Report, then click Tools - Organizer and copy the Table and Report into your Global.mpt file. This will make the custom Table and Report visible...

Help with Macro please...
Hi Everyone I've come across a macro which I have tried using, but nothing seems to happen. This macro is run from Excel and interacts with Outlook, so I've made sure to turn on the Microsoft Outlook 11.0 Object Library in TOOLS - REFERENCES from the VBE window. If Outlook is not running, I do get the error message I'm supposed to get (i.e. "No message selected"), but beyond that I have absolutely no indication that the Macro actually does anything. The code is as follows: Sub CopyFromOutlook() Dim olApp As New Outlook.Application Dim olExp...

Macro deletes formula
I have created a macro to restore the row height in a protected worksheet when text in a cell of the parent worksheet is deleted but when I run the macro it deletes the formula in the cell. The macro is: Sub Autoheight() ' ' Autoheight Macro ' Macro recorded 12/10/2004 ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl D ' Dim myCell As Range For Each myCell In Selection myCell.Value = AutoFit Next myCell End Sub What changes do I need to make to the macro prevent the formula in the cell being deleted? try deleting the ..value= so you have mycell.autofit -- Don Guillett SalesAid Softwar...

How to automatically add a worksheet using macro?
Can I add adding a worksheet in a macro? How do I do that? Ex. I create a new macro. One of the steps in my macro is to insert a new worksheet. Dim NewWks as worksheet set NewWks = worksheets.add with newwks .name = "Your New Name Here" .range("A1").value = "Hi there" End with eva wrote: > > Can I add adding a worksheet in a macro? How do I do that? > Ex. I create a new macro. One of the steps in my macro is to insert a new > worksheet. -- Dave Peterson Thank you "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Dim NewWks as worksheet > set Ne...

Toolbars #2
Hi: I have multiple copies of excel running on different machines and I'd like to be able to import my toolbars where ever I go. Possible? thx. Wayne Hi Copy the latest *.XLB file found in your machine on the other Pcs (where * replaces any character. Please note filename may vary related to operating system) HTH Cordially Pascal "Wayne Burritt" <jburritt@bellsouth.net> a �crit dans le message de news: e3G78o3tEHA.348@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi: I have multiple copies of excel running on different machines and I'd > like to be able to import my too...