Custom toolbar and macros

I am moving a user from Windows 2000 to XP and he has a worksheet with many
custom Macros as well as the custon toolbar with it.  We can move the
worksheet and the macros will move with it.  The problem is moving the custom
toolbar with it.  How do I get the toolbar to move along with the worksheet.
0
MD1 (196)

One way:

With the custom workbook active, choose Tools/Customize/Toolbars. Click
Attach. Attach your custom toolbar to the workbook.

In article <F0FC2885-07CB-4706-BC67-DEB7B664BACF@microsoft.com>,
 "MD" <MD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am moving a user from Windows 2000 to XP and he has a worksheet with many
> custom Macros as well as the custon toolbar with it.  We can move the
> worksheet and the macros will move with it.  The problem is moving the custom
> toolbar with it.  How do I get the toolbar to move along with the worksheet.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
5/10/2005 3:27:33 PM
Thanks JE

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

> One way:
>
> With the custom workbook active, choose Tools/Customize/Toolbars. Click
> Attach. Attach your custom toolbar to the workbook.
>
> In article <F0FC2885-07CB-4706-BC67-DEB7B664BACF@microsoft.com>,
>  "MD" <MD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I am moving a user from Windows 2000 to XP and he has a worksheet with many
> > custom Macros as well as the custon toolbar with it.  We can move the
> > worksheet and the macros will move with it.  The problem is moving the custom
> > toolbar with it.  How do I get the toolbar to move along with the worksheet.

0
MD1 (196)

Custom formatting #7
How can I do the following custom formatting – I need trailing dots before the number ……..1,234.00 Thanks for any help Right Click > Format Cells > Select Custom Enter "........ "0.00 "John Knoke" <JohnKnoke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:586761E6-32A9-4911-BF50-3790614145B2@microsoft.com... > > How can I do the following custom formatting - > I need trailing dots before the number > ....1,234.00 > > Thanks for any help > > John, Use a custom number format of *.#,###.00 Note the period between the * and the f...

run macros automatically
i have got around 10 macros in a excel spreadsheet. i want all of them to run when i open the file. or there should be a button which will runs all the macros whenever the user wants. You can do it either way really, First create a new macro, that runs all the ten macros that are in your workbook. If you want this macro to run whenever the sheet is opened, save it with the name 'Auto_Exec' and it will run automatically when you open the book. If you want to execute the macro on a button press, you can call it any name you wish. Next you will need to create a new button, so go ...

how to produce toolbar icons with a common background? #2
I would like to create a common background for all icons in the toolbar. In particular, I would like a common background that starts with a light grey at the top and that then becomes progressively darker at lower levels of the icon. I've used an icon editor to extract a icon from programs that have a common icon background. The extracted icons contain only the icon image but not the common background. This indicates the common icon background is implemented separatedly from the icon drawing. Can anyone describe how a common icon background is implemented? Thanks in advance. Ia...

Recording a macro of keystrokes in Outlook?
This is odd; in Outlook I can't find how to record a macro while one is using Outlook so that it records the keystrokes. It seems, at least with a standard setup, that one can only go to the VB editor. Am I missing something? Thanks. No, you're not missing anything. There's no macro recorder for Outlook, you have to code macros from scratch using Outlook VBA. See www.outlookcode.com for information on Outlook VBA macro coding. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Exte...

Please Help: Toolbars in DLL Dialog
Hello, Creating toolbars in an EXE app is a relative piece of cake. However, I am trying to insert a toolbar into a DLL dialog. This is how my DLL dialog works: 1) Contents of a function exporting a dialog AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()); CSvg* dlg; try { dlg = new CSvg(); dlg->Create(IDD_MAIN_FRAME); dlg->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); } catch (CSvg *dlg) { dlg->PostNcDestroy(); delete dlg; } 2) Use a function in my Dialog class to insert a toolbar: int CSvg::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) { if (CDialog::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) == -1) return -...

How to turn macro back on?
Hello, I've a spreadsheet and I can see that there's a macro inside. However, when I try to run it, Excel told me the spreadsheet has been opened with macro disabled. There's no pop up dialog box that asks me if i will like to open the macro with this spreadsheet when I open the file. I cannot find a way to reenable the macro. So how can I turn the macro back on? Thanks. Herbert Herbert, It seems your macro security level is currently set to High. Follow menu path Tools > Macro > Security to change to Medium, so you are prompted whether you want to enable macros or...

Error 0x80040216 when trying to export customization
Hi, Does anyone has any idea what is causing 0x80040216 xml error when trying to export customization? Thank you in advance. ...

Can I reference a filtered item in the Custom Header
I would like to include the currently filtered item in my custom report header. For example: "Dummy Bills for Agency xxxxxxxx", where xxxxxxxx is the currently filtered agency. Can this be done? Here's a link that returns the filter criteria via a userdefined function. It's a procedure posted by Tom Ogilvy (posted by Debra Dalgleish). http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=40BE8AD9.5040505%40contexturesXSPAM.com Jack wrote: > > I would like to include the currently filtered item in my custom report > header. For example: "Dummy Bills for Agency xxxxxxx...

Workbook with macros hangs up when opening, only with certain user
Chip Pearson has some notes about startup problems at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm Ron516 wrote: -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

MSCRM 4.0 ISV Custom buttons not visible in Contact Detail Toolbar
Hello, After enabline isv integration in 4.0, I can see in the Accounts detail level toolbar the sample isv buttons, but when I goto Contacts detail toolbar, none are visible. I just added a button to the detail level toolbar in CRM 4.0. It was added basically to the same place as my old 3.0 in the isv.config, but after adding it wasn't visible. I then went to the ReadyServer image from Microsoft, and noticed that the isv.config was not present! (isv.xsd was present and accounted for). Since I could see the isv buttons in the account entity detail toolbar, I added my custom butto...

Printing Custom sized booklet in Publisher 2000
The printer settings for a Riso machine on a network do not hold when sending copy to the Riso machine for printing. Anyone have any ideas about settings for custom sized paper in a booklet? If I could have the steps needed in order, it would help. Thanks. Maybe here http://www.riso.com/public/tipsorter.asp I don't know if Riso handles printing any different than other printers. In page setup, set your printer, then the page setup. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kathryn Ketcham" <anonymous@di...

displaying charts from Macros
I would like to create the template which will present user with several data entry forms, calculate result and then should presend result as a serie of charts with next button to show next chart. Is it possible to display just the chart windows for each chart or they have to be displayed on separate sheets. Any suggestion on what is the most elegant solution to what I want to do ? Regards, Tony Tony - The chart windows are not stable; they disappear when the user clicks anywhere else. But I don't think you really mean chart windows as such. You can make embedded charts. From Lo...

Adding Toolbar to CDialog
Hello, I have a CMenu object that is attached to my dialog at the top and I am trying to add a Toolbar under the menu. This is how I am trying to add a toolbar to my dialog box: int CSvg::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) { if (CDialog::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) == -1) return -1; //This adds CWebBrowser2 object and works OK if ( ! m_explore.Create( NULL, WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, CRect(), this, IDC_EXPLORER3 ) ) return -1; //this does NOT add toolbar and it does NOT work OK if (!m_toolbar.Create(this, WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | CBRS_SIZE_DYNAMIC | CBRS_TOP | CBRS_TOOLTIPS | CBR...

Macros disappear after a file is imported
Good afternoon everybody, I am working on a program that exports data from an Access query to an Excel spreadsheet. I then need to run an Excel macro on that spreadsheet. Export works fine and can see exported data in an Excel spreadsheet fine. But..... If I open a standard excel spreadsheet alone and click on my macros menu, I can see a list of macros, but if a spreadsheet is exported from Access to Excel AND Excel gets opened on an automatic basis by a VBA command, then I can see my exported data, but my list of macros is blank and seems unavailable. Anybody know why? (I know Excel m...

customer Guid from opportunity
I am currently using the web service to retrieve the customerid for a particular opportunity. But when i examine the customerid the properties are available, such as name but the value property is nothing. Does anyone know how I may obtain the customer Guid from an opportunity? Many thanks in advance -- Mike F ...

Custom Formatting numbers question
I have a spreadsheet with lot of millions numbers floating around. When I make graphs out of it, there's too much zeros. I don't want to divide all the numbers per 1 million. Is there a way to custom format those numbers with a mask that would take care of that problem for me ? i.e. 7 456 890.98$ would be represented with 7,457 M$ tia Double-click the numbers on your chart. Hit the Scale tab. From the Display units drop-down, choose Millions. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Junkyard Engineer" <jevandenbroucke@hotmail.com> wrote in messag...

Macro for refresh folder
Hi All, Would like to know how to write a macro in outlook to click on tools -> refresh this folder. Please help. With kind regards Oracleinform ...

Control toolbar turns on with foreign SPAM
I have Word as my editor for Outlook. When I get spam at work, I forward it to the person who handles abuse. Many times, when I forward a spam with a Chinese type alphabet, the Control toolbar turns on and is set for all my Word work until I remove it. I hate those little pop up windows in Word. What causes it to become my default with these spam? ...

Maro warning banner, despite no macros present?
I have a couple of PP presentations that I made to use for work. I will call them PP1 and PP2. With PP1, the macro warning banner appears in the .ppt and ..pps versions of this file, despite the fact that there are no macros. I have gone to the .ppt version of PP1 and removed the macros under tools and VBA editor, and even lowered the security settings, yet I still get the warning banner. I have another PP presentation that works great, PP2, however it takes about 15 seconds to open in the .pps version. I thought that perhaps the screen shots I put in PP2 made for a large fil...

CRM and Great Plains Customer Notes Fields
Hi all, Just checking on the CRM/GP integration. I see that using Biztalk Customers in GP can be Accounts/Contacts in CRM. I just wanted to see about the notes of GP Customers and CRM Contacts. Are these shared as well? Can a person edit fully in GP and then have them show up in CRM or vice versa? Just want to make sure of this before proceeding. Thanks. Tavis ...

Deleting a macro
I am currently not well versed in Macro's for Excel. One thing I'd like to know how to do is delete a Macro that I essentially cannot find. Here's what I did: On an excel sheet I've been working with, went to: >> Tools >> Macro >> Visual Basic Editor. From there I went to Include >> Module [following the steps in Help]. But, I then cancelled out of it by clicking on the close button [the X in top right], and then closed the SpreadSheet [and saved when it asked]. But now when I start up it asks me if I want to enable Macros. When I do enable th...

Solve macro protection annoyance
Recently, I included a macro in my favorite spread sheet. Unfortunately, this macro triggers the macro protection features in Excel 2002. Now I'm really getting tired of closing that damned warning box. I suppose I could delete it, but the macro makes it possible for me easily see the currently active cell. I honestly cannot do without it. Another option would be to lower my security to "low", but the consequences of running a bad macro could be disastrous. So I have searched the net for answers. The answer seems to be to digitally sign my macro with some applets inc...

Macro calling another Macro
Is it possible to call one macro within another macro? If so, how? The macros would be located in the same workbook, but different sheets Thanks, John Sub Macro1() Do stuff here maybe Call Macro2() Perhaps do more stuff here. End sub -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) -------------------------------------------------------------...

E-mail macro
Hi all, I have a workbook that I send out daily to a contact list withi outlook. What is the best way of doing this with a macro to work off a button o the worksheet. Thanks in advance -- greg746 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- greg7468's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=903 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46988 Here's how to send a workbook from Excel as an attachment: Create a macro with the code below and then create a button that calls that macro. Keep in min...

Disable viewing of macros
Hi, 1. In general, how can i disable users from accessing macros for a particular workbook. I guess i should be putting some code in the file open event and close event. What is the command to disable the option. 2. I have a workbook with many worksheets. Each worksheet is protected but for some cells that are allowed to be edited by the user. Therefore, if a user wants to edit all the cells then he/she should know the unprotect worksheet password. How can i disable a user from accessing any macro of the workbook unless the worksheet is unprotected. Any help is appreciated. Thanks....