Custom Number Formats

Does anyone know of a good resource for looking up the capabilities and limitations of Custom Number formats?
I'm trying to recreate a convoluted Word format inside of Excel. So far I've been unsuccessful.

tj
0
anonymous (74722)

How about "About custom number formats" in XL Help?

In article <153F3092-E5EB-489D-B568-A63C7BA41130@microsoft.com>,
 "tjtjjtjt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a good resource for looking up the capabilities and
> limitations of Custom Number formats?
> I'm trying to recreate a convoluted Word format inside of Excel. So far I've
> been unsuccessful.
>
> tj
0
jemcgimpsey1 (104)
1/28/2004 5:54:12 PM
It didnt seem to answer my question--I placed the full thing in another post about Accounting # Style.
0
anonymous (74722)

How do I convert Visio to DOC or PDF format?
Company is trying to send me a Visio document but I can't open it. Is there a way to convert it to a WORD or PDF document or do I need to download VISO and if so should I get 2007 or a different version? you can download the visio viewer for free from ms. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d88e4542-b174-4198-ae31-6884e9edd524&DisplayLang=en al "SharenP" <SharenP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE481147-A3EC-4A7B-8052-46D89214D589@microsoft.com... > Company is trying to send me a Visio document but I can't open it. I...

Excel format doesn't show in worksheet
I've used previous versions of excel for years- and have always found the color fill and font colors I selected for cells would show up right in the active spreadsheet. In my version of Small Business 2003 it is only showing up in the preview mode. We have another computer with Small Business 2003, and it is working fine, it still shows up in the worksheet... Any idea what settings are amiss on mine? ...

two columns range of numbers need to list all numbers in the range
have two columns range of numbers i need to list each number in the range start end 5 9 15 19 20 29 i need for each row to show the numbers in the range 5 6 7 8 9 15 16 .. .. pls help Was this post helpful to you? Check your other post. arsovat wrote: > > have two columns range of numbers i need to list each number in the range > start end > 5 9 > 15 19 > 20 29 > i need for each row to show the numbers in the range > 5 > 6 > 7 > 8 > 9 > 15 > 16 > . > . > pls help > > Was this post he...

sequential invoice numbering
How do I formulate a cell to add one to the previous invoice# each time the "xxxx" invoice file is opened. Please and thank you Scott You could add code to the workbook_open event, thus (to add this open the VBE (Alt+F11) and right click on the ThisWorkbook entry for the file name. Paste the code in the resultant window, close the VBE and save the workbook. (Change the references accordingly) Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value + 1 End Sub -- HTH Nick Hodge Microso...

Page Numbers in Publisher 2000
I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page umbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. Instead my page #10 is labeled page #1. Can anyone help and let me know if this is possible with this software? Thanks. -- Kay -- Kay Correction "Kay" wrote: > I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page numbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. > Instead my page #10 is labeled page #10. Can anyone help and let me know if > this is possibl...

Having 3 .set files with different ISV's and custom form modifications
Currently we have 2 seperate SQL instances for 2 different environments. We want to be able to create one environment that has 3 companies, with one .set file with customizations, and alot of ISV's; one company with customizations and 2 ISV's; and create one new company with a plain vanilla GP only 2 ISV's no customizations; We currently have the 2 instances with the first 2 set up that way and now looking to consolidate into one environment with the company dropdowns together. Will this be a pain to manage or is it even possible?? ...

Formula for current month minus one = Quarter number in a macro.
I have a macro that does several things. The last step should be to save the file to a network drive with a name and quarter number appended to it. The file save command I have got is: - ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _ "Y:\Skip Register\Quarterly Charging Period ?", FileFormat:=xlExcel9795, _ Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False The ? in the file name should be substituted by the formula as described below. The macro is to be run in the month following a quarter (i.e. run macro in April to get Quar...

Formatting Axis
How do I format an axis on a chart so when choosing Auto it doesn't default to minimum 0 but actually a number closer to the minimum number in my selected range for the chart? Thanks in advance Hi, Auto means Excel decides, and for certain types of charts that will always be 0. So the answer is you can have it both ways Auto and not Auto at the same time. You can either manually enter the minimum or you can write VBA code to do it for you. If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "jag" wrote: > How do I format an axis on a chart so when ch...

can a .csv file be formatted?
I have had to place all my information from a word document to a csv file. However, I notice that the formatting is not saved and the content appears in lines without any line or para breaks. The formatting is very important in the project. Each time I try to reformat, it goes back to the "non-formatted" look. Does anyone know how i can save the formatting options in a csv file? Nitha ..cvs files don't contain formatting -- Gary's Student "Nitha" wrote: > I have had to place all my information from a word document to a csv file. > However, I notice ...

Custom Toolbar Button Question
Hello , I have a GP 9 and I would like to create a custom toolbar button that executes some Dex code. I need to be able to access the data on the current form because I want to invoke an a third party api using some of the field values as variables to pass into the third party api as parameters. I have the dex code for the third party api working fine but I was wondering if someone could point me to a sample. What content objects are available? Thanks, gsvi HI, I have done this before and once you master the concept it's not too hard. It is very close to implementing menu command...

How to change left bottom note that tell number records found?
Hi, At the left bottom corner of Exel 2003 spreadsheet, a display note 'Ready' remains as it is, though I have filtered the items using the filter command, the note usually displays number of records found. How to return back the display note 'number of records found' in Excel 2003 spreadsheet? -- Thank you, Cpviv If you have any formulas that read these filtered records, you will typically not be able to view the # of records found. If you go to Tool - Options - Calculation and change to Manual, you would be able to view # of records. Beware, as this will not au...

Date formatting Help
Macro - Help How can you select a cell with a Sunday's Date to give you th following Sunday's Date when execute -- Db171 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Db1712's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1591 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27551 To get next Sunday's date, just add 7 to this Sunday. So something like: cell.value + 7 -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "Db1712" <Db1712.1f88gn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message ...

Add Custom Activity Type
I have been asked to add a custom actiivity type to the activities entity called Site Visits. Can I get some direction as to how to do this? Afraid, you can't add custom activity types. You can create the entity, but it will behave like any other and does not integrate into the activity views and activity dialogs. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup ---------------------------------------------------------- "Swamy&qu...

formatting cells to show time format
Hi I wonder if you can help me with the following. I use Office 97 Professional, and Excel 97 to do the following. I have created a spreadsheet that will be used to calculate times & results for Car Rallies. I have sorted out the formatting of the cells so they show hours, minutes, seconds, and down to thousands of a second, using this time format hh:mm:ss.000. I have done the formulas to work out the elapsed times and then total times, by taking the finish time from the start time etc, then adding elapsed times together to get total times. The thing I am trying to sort out is wh...

Unable to create custom keyboard shortcut
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I get to where you are able to create a custom keyboard shortcut. But when I select my command &quot;NextChangeorComment&quot; and select the &quot;Press new keyboard shortcut&quot; field, nothing happens. No text shows up in the field, nor does the &quot;Assign&quot; button become selectable. Since you don't specifically say that you did so, once you click in the field you need to press the actual key combination you want to assign to the command. If you did so but nothing displayed in the field it&#...

custom color palette does not get transferred with the workbook. Excel 2003
Scenario:We use a custom color palette with predefined company colors, and excel 2003. Default workbook has also been modified to replicate colors to new workbooks - located at %userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART\workbook.xls NOw the problem: When users create a workbook based in the default and email it to outside users who does not have the custom color palette defined as default, the colors change - custom palette disappears and workbook shows excel default colors,sometimes making the document very difficult to read. Also, if we email the document back to the origina...

copy formatting?
Is there a way to copy and paste from a formatted set of cells, to an unformatted set and have the formatting copy/paste as well, so that column/row sizes adjust to be the same? Thanks Steven Shelton "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not!" --Thomas Jefferson Hi Steven With pastespecial you can also copy column width but not row height See the edit menu for PasteSpecial If you only want to copy a range to another place to view/print then you can try this Row and column width is working then http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#n...

Custom Controls 04-27-04
I am looking for a set of custom controls that exhibit similar behaivour to existing MSCRM controls. We are going to develop an add-on; it will have a set of pages that will extend the functionality. Any pointers would be appreciated. I seem to remember Gary on this group mentioning he had developed a set of controls. You might want to contact him. "D Bolak" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BA4CB4C-836F-4AA7-AAAA-C5ADA7C9CAA7@microsoft.com... > I am looking for a set of custom controls that exhibit similar behaivour to existing MSCRM controls. ...

can you count the number of letters (inc spaces) in a single sell
I have a spreedsheet which has 3000 rows. Each cell has a different amount of words in it... ie ABC Learning Centre Ferrymead. Is it possible to count the number of characters (letters) including spaces in each cell??? (please note each cell has a different number of letters in it)... or do I have to do this manually? none of the help options seem to help me... Thanks use the formula =len( -- PF Wannab ----------------------------------------------------------------------- PF Wannabe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2579 View this thread: ...

Sort numbers alphabetically
Let's say I have a list: 1 2 5 20 35 I want it alphabetical, ie: 1 2 20 35 5 Even if I make them text, they still sort numerically. Is there some trick? Thanks, Joe One method................ In B1 enter =LEFT(A1) Copy down. Copy and paste special>values. Select column A and B and sort on column B Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 14:19:10 -0700 (PDT), Pungh0Li0 <joe.dellwo@gmail.com> wrote: >Let's say I have a list: >1 >2 >5 >20 >35 > >I want it alphabetical, ie: >1 >2 >20 >35 >5 > >Even if I make them text...

Custom Button Pictures
Can you add/delete/alter the default pictures for custom buttons? When you right click a custom button and rollover "Change Button Image" there is a list of 42 pictures you can choose from. I made some custom pictures using Edit Button Image, and would like to incorporate these new pictures into that list. Sloth, I am not aware of a way to customize that list of images. What you might do is create a new toolbar and copy the new images to buttons on the new toolbar. The new TB would then become your resource for the images. Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites....

How to format different odd and even margins
I need to have large margins on the outer margin so different for odd and even pages? any tips? In earlier versions of Word, there was a check box in Page Setup for "Mirror margins." In recent versions, that setting is under "Multiple pages" on the Margins tab of Page Setup. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "MaryE" <MaryE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5875EE50-EFB9-4C55-94A3-B7AB75B7C2CE@microsoft.com... >I need to have large margins on the out...

Change the default for customer look up to be by name
It would be helpful to have the DEFAULT (or option to make it the default) for Customer ID Search to search by Customer Name, not ID number. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us...

Preserving E-mail format
I'm testing a graphic- and link-rich e-mail that I have created and want to send to my customers in Publisher. When I send the e-mail to myself and view it in Outlook, there is no problem. But when I view it through Yahoo! e-mail, the graphics are all out of place. I have tried saving the file as .html, I have tried putting everything in a table, I have tried grouping the entire page. Nothing seems to work. I want to be able to preserve the format and the links so that my customers can view the e-mail and click appropriately. Any suggestions? A great many folks will not accept...

Changing Default Chart Format
Hello all, I I'm trying to change the format a chart has by default. Basically what I'm trying to change is the grey background in the chart area, making it white by default on any new workbook I make a chart on. Can this be done? Thanks in advance, Cheers Juan Hi, Jon Peliter's article explains this. http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=299 Cheers Andy Saurjusa wrote: > Hello all, > > I I'm trying to change the format a chart has by default. Basically what I'm > trying to change is the grey background in the chart area, making ...