Custom number format always defaults last number to 0.

I am trying to format cells to input credit card numbers in Excell 2000.
When I set up a custom number format for four sets of four numbers
(####-####-####-####) the result always changes the last number to a 0.  How
do I overcome that?
0
scubadave (1)

Excel only lets 15 digits be used in numbers To have the 16th number most
people use text.

"scubadave" wrote:

> I am trying to format cells to input credit card numbers in Excell 2000.
> When I set up a custom number format for four sets of four numbers
> (####-####-####-####) the result always changes the last number to a 0.  How
> do I overcome that?
0
BJ (832)
6/15/2005 9:15:03 PM
Excel is limited to 15 digit numbers.

Since you aren't likely to be adding CC#s together, there is no reason you
can't store them as text.

HTH,
--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.

"scubadave" <scubadave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to format cells to input credit card numbers in Excell 2000.
> When I set up a custom number format for four sets of four numbers
> (####-####-####-####) the result always changes the last number to a 0.
> How
> do I overcome that?

0
JunkGeorgeN (154)

"If in last week" formula
I have a number of simple two column sheets, one column contains dates. Basically each sheet is an employee, and the items list the date and notes for any "one on one meetings" that I have with that employee. I want to have a summary sheet that lets me know when the most recent meeting was. I think it would be ideal to check sheet1-5, if date is older than 1 week, output false or true. I can't find any formula example on the net that uses dates as a condition of true or false. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Does =IF(A1<(TODAY()-7),true,false) work for what ...

Format date in excel 2000 like '31st January 2005' #4
Trying to set up field in Excel Data Source file so that the current date can be input in letters typed in this format '31st January 2005' Is it possible or am I stuck with dd/mmm/yy format? Good afternoon Malcolm Agingwell Would the date in the format "31 January 2005" be of any use to you? If so, set up a custom format of dd mmmm yyyy. Excel doesn't handl ordinals (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc) on its own. HTH Dominic -- dominic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

how do i convert excel to csv format
I am trying to convert multi tabs excel file into csv. Can I get all the tabs in csv format in a same file? Tks If you combine all the data into one worksheet in a new workbook, then you could save that workbook as your CSV file. Ron de Bruin has some code at: http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm that might get you started. baxterr wrote: > > I am trying to convert multi tabs excel file into csv. Can I get all the tabs > in csv format in a same file? > > Tks -- Dave Peterson ...

Custom validation rule
Hi, I have been using this formula to round time values to the nearest 15 minute increment: =ROUND(E10*96,0)/96 This works fine for cells where the value is auto-calculated. However, I have one cell where a value has to be manually entered are strictly 15 minute increments? What I thought I might do is create a Data Validation rule that checks to see if the value * 96 is an integer. If it isn't then it fails. How would I do this? I know it can be done, I am just having a bit of a block. TIA, Jarryd =INT(F13*96)/(F13*96)=1 "Simples"! Cheer...

always relink no matter what ...
Hi, I have a VS 2005 solution with 26 projects, that are all converted from VC++ 6.0. Now each time I build the solution, one of the projects has to be relinked once even nothing has been changed in the project (as shown below). If I hit the F7 key n times, I get the following message n times. Do you know anything that may cause the following message. Your help is much appreciated. 1>------ Build started: Project: kyGraph, Configuration: PseudoDebug Win32 ------ 1>Linking... 1>Embedding manifest... 1>Build log was saved at "file://d:\c\c\kyGraph\i386\PseudoDebug\B...

Number of Items in an Array.
Hi, How do I find out the number of items in an array, so that I can loop check the values in the array with the incoming data. Dim Users as Variant Dim NumValues, Counter as Integer Users = Array("Bob","Fred") NumValues = Users For Counter = 0 to NumValues CheckUser = Users(Counter) If CheckUser = IncomingUser then Print "Cool" - okay this is just pseudo code. Else Print "Not Cool" End If next Cheers Craig. Hi NumValues = ubound(Users) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Craig & Co. wrote: > Hi, ...

Help! error while installing CRM 3.0
Hi, During the installation of the CRM SBE 3.0 on SBS server 2003 premium, performing binary install of Microsoft CRM server components, I got en error, CRM 3.0 server setup failed, here is the last part of the crm30svrsetup.log. .... Installing MSCRM prepopulated data 08:49:50| Info| Creating indices in MSCRM database 08:49:51| Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The Microsoft Search service cannot be administered under the present user account at System.Data.SqlClien...

File is not in a recognizable format.
Everytime I open Excel 2000, I get "This file is not in a recognizable format". I wonder if I have a corrupt default file. I tried to replace book.xlt with a newly saved book.xlt, it didn't help. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks, Liz Sounds like you have a file in your XLSTART directory that doesn't belong there. Use Windows' Find to locate the directory. If the rogue file isn't obvious, move all files out of that directory, then move them back one at a time, restarting Excel and quitting each time, to see which one is causing the problem. On Wed, 22 Sep 2...

Setting default zoom
Can I set up Word 2007 so that every document automatically opens with 100% zoom, or at least the same zoom the document had when last saved? For some reason, Word documents always open with reduced zoom, too small to read for an old bloke like me. If I could get the documents to open at 100% zoom it would save the need to change the zoom setting every time I open a document. -- Alan Neilsen Change the zoom setting - http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm or You can control the zoom with auto macros in normal.dot. The following will set it to 100% zoom regardl...

look up with a custom entity
Hi there i have a a question regarding custom entity and i appreciate if yuo can help me... am trying to customize the account form to fit our business need, I need to add a new field called “IT director” in the account form. The IT director represents a contact person from that specific account. I want that field to appear with a look up glass, and when I click that glass, it refers me to our contacts. I have created a custom entity called IT director, and added a new 1- to many relationship, and related it to Accounts. Then I went to the account form and I added the new field “IT D...

Conditional Formatting Anomaly #2
No, because I want it to say in the B column, but when I copy it down want the row to change. Any ideas -- Rutgers_Excel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Rutgers_Excels's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=897 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27432 Ok, lets start over. Conditional Formatting is based on the active cell. You can copy the formatting using the format painter -- though it would actually be better to do all of your formatting even if for the entire column ahead ...

userform number formatting
Hi, having entered a number into a textbox in a userform how does one then format it to have 2 decimal places? its not too important as they are formatted in the cells they end up entered into, it would just make it easier on the eye. Rick Tom Ogilvy just posted this for someone else. It does a little more than you ask, but may be what you want <bg>. Private Sub TextBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean) If IsNumeric(TextBox1.Value) Then If Len(Trim(TextBox1.Value)) = 1 Then TextBox1.Value = Format(CLng(TextBox1.Value), "0000") Else M...

How do I set zoom to default at 100%?
Do you see the big white space underneath the little white space where you typed your question? This is used to type in a longer message containing more details. The message appears in a space like the one you see this one in. I would suggest telling us what version of Publisher you are using, so we can help you further. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

How do I get a cell to remember the last entry and add to it?
I am using Excel 2000. I want my cell to remember the number in it and add an additional number each time I need to retotal. Jab Sounds like you want that cell to be an accumlator cell. Simple question with complex results. You can have a cumulative total in a cell if you have a separate source cell for adding a new total to the original. Use at your own risk. I am Posting this just to show you how it can be done, not as a good solution. You would be much better off to have another column so you can keep track of past entries. Goes like this: =IF(CELL("address")="$C$4&...

How do I enter the date last modified in the footer of an Excel d.
How do I enter the date last modified in the footer of an Excel document? I want to be able to distribute a monthly or weekly report in Excel to users and have it automatically update the date last modified in the footer each time I update the report. You need to do that with a Before_Print event macro. If you search the newsgroups from Google you will find lots of examples. On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:33:04 -0800, "Last modified date in footer" <Last modified date in footer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I enter the date last modified in the footer of an Excel doc...

D-Concentrate numbers
I am trying to delete some numbers from a column for example: column A has total duration of a task times 0587-1856 and I would like to have column B with only first four numbers 05:87 (start time for the task). Please help on this formula. Thanks in advance for your help. Kimti You might need to explain what sort of time 05:87 is. For most of us, there are only 60 minutes in an hour, and only 60 seconds in a minute. If you have text such as 0527-1856 in column A, and you want to get a time of 05:27, try =--TEXT(LEFT(A1,4),"00\:00") and format as time to su...

4.0 Outlook client install
When attempting to install the Offline client the install fails about 90% of the way through on several pc's. Office 2003 is being used and other offlline clients have been installed correctly. The following erros are in the log files: Action 11:48:06: SetupCompleteError. Action start 11:48:06: SetupCompleteError. Info 2898. For TahomaBold10 textstyle, the system created a 'Tahoma' font, in 0 character set, of 16 pixels height. Action 11:48:07: SetupCompleteError. Dialog created Action ended 11:48:21: SetupCompleteError. Return value 2. Action ended 11:48:21: INSTALL. Re...

I don't want outlook as my default
When trying to send an attachment in Word I get a message to change my profile in the Mail icon in the control panel. I would rather my mail to be sent from my hotmail or ISP email but not sure what to do. Tried hotmail but still received error message. Need help! In news:A7AF4CB7-5A4B-4EE4-8034-EAA419DD6C4C@microsoft.com, cinnamon <cinnamon@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > When trying to send an attachment in Word I get a message to change my > profile in the Mail icon in the control panel. I would rather my > mail to be sent from my hotmail or ISP email but not sur...

Vlookup only the last 6 characters
I have a spreadsheet starting in cell A4. I want to lookup only the last 6 digits in column A and then lookup the value in column J and return the appropriate value from column K. The values in column A are 000322341; 000333456; etc. The values in column J are 322341; 333456; etc. Here is my current non working formula... =VLOOKUP(RIGHT(A4,6),$J$4:$K$7,2,0) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. The RIGHT function is returning a text value, and I'm guessing that the values in column J are true numbers. So you'd need to covert the text back to numbers in order to...

Excel graphs should allow copy & paste of individual bar formats
In excel graphs - bar charts, I make the last bar a hashed shading as it is a forcast. To do this I select only the last bar and change its formating. At the end of the month I want to change the format back to the same as all the other bars and make the new coming month's predicted value that hashed shading etc. Unfortunately excel will not allow copy and paste in this situation - so I have do open the format tab etc and then change. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggest...

DIV/0 Error
This is going to seem really simple for you all but I need some guidance here. I have two cells with numbers. In the next cell these two divide to give me a percentage. At the end of that column I have a formula for calculating the average (ex. =Average A1:G1). The problem is that if the two cells are empty, it gives me the #DIV/0 in the formula cell, which then in turn gives me the #Div/0 in the Average Cell. If I put in false numbers, it gives me the correct percentage in that row, but still, because some of the rows are not filled, the average formaul does not work. A way around this is t...

Excel Chart How do I create Y axis to represent numbers I am using
I am attempting to create a chart that is populating its data from another worksheet in the same book. I am pulling in numbers that range from 75000 to 3000000 and I would like my y axis to be 50K to 350K in multiples of 25K but I can not figure out how to adjust the axis key. Thanks for your help in advance. Krefty Select the axis and press Ctrl+1 (numeral one). Excel 2003 and earlier: In the dialog that appears, click on the Scale tab, and enter the values you want for min, max, and major unit, and don't check the corresponding Auto boxes. Excel 2007: Check Fixed for each of mi...

Customize the home page forms
Hello All, thanks in advance for help How can I disable specific navigation controls and action buttons on the home page using javascript.. i.e. the views for activities / leads/ contact that is 1st shown when the CRM application loads, such as file, new, create new campaign response. I am able to accomplish this on individual entities using javascript in the onload event, and performing the following form customization to the crmForm.. // disable menu nav if(document.getElementById('_MIonActionMenuClickapplyrule4210')!=null) {document.getElementById('_MIonActionMenuCl...

Moving from 3.0 to 4.0
Hi based on Rob Mottrams and Patrick Verbeeten earlier answers to my postings - I now have the following plan; 1) From the production enviroment copy the databases (MSCRM and METABASE) to the test enviroment and restore them there on that 32 bit SQL server. 2) Run the CRM 4.0 installation on top of the CRM 3.0 installation in the test enviroment - (that way database, workflows etc. gets upgraded) the 4.0 install process also creates the MSCRM_config database. 3) Then move the upgraded databases (MSCRM, METABASE and MSCRM_config) back in production and restore them there. 4) Install CRM 4.0 o...

Navigation Pane format
Hello, I am working on an A2002 .mdb using A2007. I want to hide the Created Date, Modified Date, and DB Description from displaying in the Navigation Pane. I'd appreaciate any help. Thank you and God Bless, Mark A. Sam Right-click the top of the nav pane window. Choose View By | List The dates and description only show if you view by Detail. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Mark A. Sam" <MarkASam@EmEssEn.Com> wrote in me...