Custom Number Format #7

Hi I have a column in Excel that needs to be converted as
follows, I think I can do this using "Format" - "Cells" -
 "Custom Number" but am not sure what to type in so it
keeps the first character as text followed by 5 digits
(adding a zero to the end)

Account number:-

A4578
B6789
C6892
E8900

The account numbers need to become 6 digit (zero at the
end) but retain the starting letter

HELP!
Ta
Julia
0
egglett (6)

If you just want to display the value with an added zero, use

    Format/Cells/Number/Custom     @"0"

You can convert the numbers using a helper column:

    =A1&"0"

In article <1389d01c443fa$0532d940$a501280a@phx.gbl>,
 "Julia Easter" <egglett@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi I have a column in Excel that needs to be converted as
> follows, I think I can do this using "Format" - "Cells" -
>  "Custom Number" but am not sure what to type in so it
> keeps the first character as text followed by 5 digits
> (adding a zero to the end)
>
> Account number:-
>
> A4578
> B6789
> C6892
> E8900
>
> The account numbers need to become 6 digit (zero at the
> end) but retain the starting letter
>
> HELP!
> Ta
> Julia
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Customer statement to show the payment amnt without applied amnt
I would like the customer statement shows the payment amounts as it is without deducting the applied amounts. When I show the this way I don't want to display the applied details at all. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busi...

kernel mode cryptographic services on Windows 7
Could someone please point me to a link decribing kernel mode cryptographic services on Windows 7? Basically all I need to do is create a sha1 hash of some data. I am aware of this link discussing fips.sys on earlier versions of Windows: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc750356.aspx. But I thought that wasn't supported. I also see the BCrypt* functions. But that seems to be encryption. Thanks in advance if anyone can help. Regards, George. Oh. Maybe I can use BCrypt: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa375534(v=VS.85).aspx. Thanks anyw...

Tough one
MVPs I have a few questions 1. How do we add more than 3 conditional formats ? Macros ?? Any add-in tools available to make life easier 2. Also, can we write macros to trigger some action, not just color cells based on conditions being met 3. How can we get a count and statistics of the cells that have been highlighted due to conditional formats ? I have a big text file with thousands of lines of records and when I populate that into excel, based on some conditions, the cells would light up. Now I would need to get some statistics of which type of formats are most prevalent etc 4. Ca...

How do I produce a mailing address list in excel in comma format?
I am trying to send a mailing list to another business. I was asked to send it in excel and in comma format. How can I do this? Hi save your file as '*.csv' file -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "frojeff" <frojeff@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:827653C1-2F5C-40A2-9517-26CAA1C162D6@microsoft.com... > I am trying to send a mailing list to another business. I was asked to send > it in excel and in comma format. How can I do this? File|SaveAs and look for "CSV (comma delimited)(*.csv)" Each worksheet needs to be saved ...

Office 2000 & 2007 in Windows 7
Hi, Can anyone confirm that Office 2000 is fully compatible with Windows 7? Can we install Office 2000 and Office 2007 together in the same computer? Thanks in advance, Garu Yes, on both counts. But in respect of the latter, see the NoRereg section of the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website: http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Garu" <garrys@brunet.bn> wrote in me...

search for numbers with file/open/tools/search
I need to look for excel documents containing specific numbers. We used to do this using File / Open / tools / search. However after a new installation we cannot get any results back. If we search for plain text in the same documents, the result is shown. So it seems like searching for numbers is the problem. ...

Removing custom menu for macros
I inadvertently created a couple of custom menus for macros and need to know the steps to eliminate them from the toolbar. Thanks in advance for any direction on this matter. Brad Choose Tools/Customize and drag them off the toolbar. In article <OJbP8RSLEHA.3216@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, "Brad Reid" <lreid@flash.net> wrote: > I inadvertently created a couple of custom menus for macros and need to know > the steps to eliminate them from the toolbar. Thanks in advance for any > direction on this matter. Brad JE, it seems to work -- dragging them off the too...

Import text file in UTF-8 format to Excel 2000
Hello, When I open a text file(in UTF-8 format)under excel 2000, the chinese character cannot be displayed correctly. But this text file can be opened directly in word 2000. Can anyone help me? Thanks! Irene ...

adding a '+' in front of a positive number
Hello all, anyone know how to make a '+' sign show up in front of a positive number? also, if there is no 'clean' way to do it, how do you concatenate a text string with an equation (i.e., something like '=A1+A12') thanks, Mike Use a custom format like +0.00;-0.00;0.00 ="Text string"&TEXT(A1+A12,"format") so using the custom format ="Text string"&TEXT(A1+A12,"+0.00;-0.00;0.00") -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "mike" <mike_newsgroups@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:11180959...

Risk and Decision Analysis @Risk, Evolver, Decisiontools, Roy Kelly FloorTrader Tools 8.3, AmiBroker 5.0, MultiCharts 2.1, NinjaTrader 6, OwnData 2.6, VantagePoint 7.0.11.2, other ...
Risk and Decision Analysis @Risk, Evolver, Decisiontools, Roy Kelly FloorTrader Tools 8.3, AmiBroker 5.0, MultiCharts 2.1, NinjaTrader 6, OwnData 2.6, VantagePoint 7.0.11.2, other ... please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr , ( please substitute 'AT' with '@' , and 'DOT' with '.' ) , ola@mail.gr, ola3@mailbox.gr, ======================================= RISK ANALYSIS with @RISK --- @RISK 4.5.7 for Excel, Compatible with Excel 2007, ( Standard, Porfessional, Industrial ) @RISK 4.5.6 Internat...

show a rounded number without rouning it
how do i show a rounded number without rouning it. for example: an actual number is $724,647 and although i need to use the full (not rounded) number in the calculation, i have to show it as $724,600 in a separate cell. maybe there is a way to program a custom formatting type, but i don't know? thank you! svetlana Hi svetlana, You cannot use formatting to round a number, nor can you use formatting to put the decimal point somewhere else. (unless you count percentage) HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcri...

Random Number Macro
hi everyone what i need is a macro which takes a random number from Cell B2 and puts only the value in Cell B5. I have made it so that the random numbers can only be between 2 and 12 and they are weighted on a distribution. then, if the value in Cell B5 is a 2, 3 or 12 then stop the stream and place a "Lose" in Cell C5, if the value in Cell B5 is a 7 or 11 then place a "Win" in Cell C5. if the value in Cell B5 is any other number (i.e. 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10) then recalculate the random number and the value only in Cell B6. i then want the stream to continue of re...

Reinstalling Windows 7
I have win 7 running ... well, crawling... on a new quad core computer (it really started its slow-down after installing Office 2007). Its so sluggish that I've decided to do a fresh reinstall. Drive C is partitioned and the second partition (F) carries all my data. Its backed up, but I'd like, if possible to format C without interfering with F, reinstalling Win 7 on C. Is that possible? I have the original install disk, and I particularly want to start off from scrathj with a formatted C. How sluggish is my pc? Well, even with just 3 or 4 worksheets opened and no...

Reinstall office 2007 in Windows 7
I had purchased an Office 2007 cd earlier this year and installed in on my home computer on XP. I now want to upgrade to Windows 7 on the same computer Can I use the same cd to install Office 2007 with windows 7? The hardware is the same, just the OS is different. Please give a definitive answer if this is possible and I am not violating any licences. Thanks D -- When you need a helping hand, look for one at the end of your arm... =?Utf-8?B?RGFuZHo=?= <Dandz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:8D3F3114-2010-42EA-BE79-3BF3A2165DFA@microsoft.com: > ...

help with formula #7
I need a formula to do this l A1 will = A2 only if A3 is greater then 0. ( if A3 is 0 then A1 will not = A2) Hi try in A1 =IF(A3>0,A2,"") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "DR, Bob" <bob@mail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:vebld.209144$%k.102918@pd7tw2no... > I need a formula to do this l A1 will = A2 only if A3 is greater then 0. > ( if A3 is 0 then A1 will not = A2) > > thanks worked great... "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote in message news:u$0UcvQyEHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi > try in A1 &...

Does Office 2007 work on Windows 7?
I just upgraded to Windows 7 and have Office 2007. Do Office 2007 products work on Windows 7 Operating System? Yes "Fetzer2" <Fetzer2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6962F239-77EF-4461-B59F-0DA98D427488@microsoft.com... >I just upgraded to Windows 7 and have Office 2007. Do Office 2007 products > work on Windows 7 Operating System? Do you really think Microsoft would release a new Operating System that would be incompatible with their best selling software ? "Fetzer2" <Fetzer2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Setting up mail format (Plain Text) for specific contacts?
Does anyone know if it's possible to use a standard mail format (e.g. HTML or RTF) for most messages, but to have messages to a specific contact default to Plain Text instead? Its Ok, I found it...its well hidden though! You need to open up the contact, double click the e-mail address, and you then get the option. mj.redfox.mj@gmail.com wrote: > Does anyone know if it's possible to use a standard mail format (e.g. > HTML or RTF) for most messages, but to have messages to a specific > contact default to Plain Text instead? ...

Numbering Headers/Footers
How do I leave the first page of a series unnumbered? Silver ...

Let Excel choose next following document number
I want to make a document which has the following purpose: claiming the next number of a purchase order, quotation or another document. >From a lookup table and a combo box/drop down the person chooses wether its a PO or Q. Then in the neighboring cell appears the next number of that document. So, numbers already claimed before cannot be choosed. How to perform that? (But, with the possibility to clear the field and to have the claim be undone) So it's like this: choose document PO / Q | next claimed # appears | Person who claims (manual choose) Optionally, but I hope it'...

Converting formula to number
I have a excel 2003 worksheet and I would like to convert the formula to number within this worksheet is this possible, how can I do that Thank You If you want the result of the formula in the cell, just copy the cell and (edit) PASTE SPECIAL. You can select to paste the value of the cell in the cell. "msw" <msw@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uAO8R%23HBFHA.2112@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I have a excel 2003 worksheet and I would like to convert the formula to > number within this worksheet is this possible, how can I do that > > Thank You > > I w...

time format from hh:mm:ss to h:mm
I have been trying forever and no luck at all!!! I have changed the the whole column under format cell/Number/Category/time and selected 13:30 (english USA) When I then try to do a mail merge in word 2003 the merged field still comes up hh:mm:ss which I don't want??? Any help greatly appreaciated. Unfortunately, mail merge doesn't look at the cell's format, only its number type. Either create a text field, using a formula like: =text(a1,"hh:mm") or specify the format in your Word document. Regards, Fred "Diana" <Diana@discussio...

list to tabular format
I've downloaded a list of bookclubs off the web into excel. Is there anyway I can change the tabular format like below. See list: In Excel: Bookstore: Book Classic Store Address1: 2206-D Airport Blvd. Address2: Westwood Square City, State, Zip: Mobile, AL 36606 Phone: 334-479-1060 Fax: 334-476-4642 Contact: Adline Clarke Bookstore: Campus Bookstore Address1: 1013 Old Montgomery Road City, State, Zip: Tuskegee Institute, AL 36088-1611 Phone: 337-476-1060 Tabular format Bookstore Addres...

How can I get the version number of the installed Speech API?
Till now my MFC program uses TextToSpeech by means of the Speech SDK and SAPI 5.0. For a certain reason I must now use SAPI 5.1. Therefore I must make in my program the following decision: nothing yet installed => install SAPI 5.1 SAPI 5.0 installed => install SAPI 5.1 SAPI 5.1 installed => do nothing Can I somehow get in my MFC program the current SAPI version number with e.g. a SAPI function or similar? Thanks for any helpful comments. Eddy "Eddy" <Eddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D51C8B3D-4996-43F8-8238-D8F15DC52...

how to reveal formatting
I am marking learners assignments in excel. Want to know an easier way to check all formatting techniques applied in the worksheet I'm not entirely sure what you are looking for, but there is no built in way to enumerate all of the various format options in effect for all the cells in a worksheet. You might want to provide much more detail about just what you need to determine. Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional, Excel, 1998 - 2010 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com On Tue, 18 May 2010 08:42:01 -0700, Tahera <Tahera @disc...

Convert numbers from text format to number format
I have retrieved some data from external source and it put to my worksheet in one column numbers in text format and if I want to work with numbers (add, substract, etc.) I need it to convert to number format. I tried to select column and mark it as number format however it doesn´t work. Pls help me what to do, how to suceed. I have no chance to change the format in source. Juraj Hi Merlin68, > I have retrieved some data from external source and it put to my > worksheet in one column numbers in text format and if I want to work > with numbers (add, substract, etc.) I need i...