custom number format 05-04-10

Can a custom number format be created to format a value such as 9,999,999.25
to format 9 999 999,25?  I know the # ### ### works to add spaces but I can't
figure out the decimal and don't want to change regional setting.
Thanks,
Jake

2007  Button>Excel Options>Advanced>Editing options>Uncheck Use System
Separators.  Use comma for decimal point.

Same in 2003 under Tools>Options>International

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 4 May 2010 10:49:01 -0700, Jake <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Can a custom number format be created to format a value such as 9,999,999.25
>to format 9 999 999,25?  I know the # ### ### works to add spaces but I can't
>figure out the decimal and don't want to change regional setting.
>Thanks,
>Jake

0
Gord

HelpDesk 10-11-04
Hi! Can I use CRM to organize HelpDesk of IT department within my company? Regards, Alexey. Hi Alexey, You might, one issue you might run into is the fact that your incoming requests for support will not be picked up by the Exchange router. This means that internal email will not come into a queue. I personally find that very frustrating. The email has to come in as if sent externally for the router to pick it up. Michael "Alexey Podosenin" wrote: > Hi! > > Can I use CRM to organize HelpDesk of IT department within my company? > > Regards, Alexey. You ar...

characters around numbers
I'm trying to add bracket characters around numbers without altering the number. E.g. a cell contains the number 20, but I want the cell to display (20). But when I type in the brackets and press enter, the number becomes -20. How can I get round this and keep the bracket characters intact? Also i want to do calculations on the numbers e.g. a cell contains (20), another cell contains (5), and i want a third cell to display the sum of the two numbers with bracket characters around the answer i.e. (25). Is it possible to do this? Many thanks for any help P.S. I've found the help ...

Invalid Argument 08-14-04
I have a db created in access 2000 and I am running it in access 2002. I get "invalid argument" message when I try to save copies of some large tables. I get the same message when I try to edit fields in the tables, and when I try to add an ole object to a field designed for ole objects. Do I need to change a setting in access 2002 to get it to work? If not, any idea what my problem might be? There is no message for it but this is the error that normally means that the database has grown too large and is "bloated". Try compacting the database (Tools -> Database Uti...

Queries 06-01-10
I need help with this , it will not run, am i missing something. Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() Call Sheet5.getvalues Call Sheet5.SortRange1 End Sub Sub getvalues() lr = Application.Max(2, Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row) 'MsgBox lr Rows("2:" & lr).ClearContents With Worksheets("Automated RAC") slr = .Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row 'MsgBox slr For L = 2 To slr dlr = Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row + 1 ' If .Cells(L, "L") =jone and not .cells(f, "F") = "Closed...

Excel formatting #3
Could someone please help with a macro or any other suggestion to format an Excel sheet. Basically data is downloaded from a bank every week and the size of the file can vary but the formatting is constant. That is each record is 7 lines. So first record is line1-7, second record is line 8-14, third record is line 15-21 and so on. I need to format this data and basically I can record a macro for one data set that is for the record on line 1 to 7. My question is how can I set it to replicate so that it replicates for line 8-14 and then 15-21 and so on. The source formatting remains the same...

Problems with customizing styles in the Tracking Gantt
Hi, I want to modify the appearance of critical tasks in the Tracking Gantt but somehow it doesn't work. When I open the Bar Styles dialog, I select the first row (Show for "Normal, Critical" tasks, From - Start, To - Finish). I want to change the default pattern to be tick since when I print the chart the critical tasks almost do not appear. However, when I choose another pattern nothing changes. There is another funny thing. When I double-click a particular task, I see under the Bar Text tab that it shows Baseline Duration to the left and % Complete to the right....

How to change page number font/color
I have inserted page numbers into a 30-page document using the Insert command. How may I change the font size and color of the numbers. Ideally I'd like to create a number with a line above it. cuig wrote: > I have inserted page numbers into a 30-page document using the Insert > command. How may I change the font size and color of the numbers. Ideally > I'd like to create a number with a line above it. You can change the format of your page numbers just like the format of any other text. Ctrl+M to get to your master page, select the number, then change the font...

maximum number of rows that can be coppied to clipboard
is there a maximum number of rows that can be copied to clipboard from a table? using access 2002 on XP, Roland wrote: > is there a maximum number of rows that can be copied to clipboard from a > table? using access 2002 on XP, I have Access 2003 when I tried to copy a table with 70,000 records it said the limit was about 65,000. gls858 65536 -- Regards - Andy Wiggins FCCA www.BygSoftware.com Excel, Access and VBA Consultancy "Roland" <Roland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF98F875-56C6-4C22-8695-D8CFBE47D12E@microsoft.com... > is there a...

Table structure 04-07-10
I am having trouble getting my tables organized for their intended purpose. I am wondering if I am breaking them down too much. My first table is called: tblPMList and contains the following fields: MaintencanceID (This is an auto number and also the primary key) txtStructureNumber (4 unique numbers) txtStructureName txtPMCode (280 PM activities assigned to the structures, some unique, some alike) txtPMDesription (describes the work for the PM Code) txtPMType (Either mechanical or electrical) txtEquipmentNeeded (what equipment is needed to preform the PM) txtPMFrequency (1, 4, ...

help #10
every time i try to send something through outlook I get an error 0x800CCCC0D Do you have any more details about the error? Also, which version of Outlook are you using? "tina" <tinaatweb22@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:081001c365f2$cc7bc3e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > every time i try to send something through outlook I get > an error 0x800CCCC0D ...

Custom Filter that Displays All But in Ascending or Decending Orde
I have a worksheet that is password protected. The creator of the sheet would like her users to be able to sort the data without unlocking the cells (don't want others to edit the content) which is not possible in Excel. I have tried recroding a macro to unprotect the sheet, perform a SORT and the reprotect the sheet -- but the users are still prompted to enter a password to unprotect the sheet. The creator has also added an Auto Filter to the sheet which works while protected. Is there a way to create a custom AutoFilter that will display all entries in alphabetical order? -- s...

%s in Accounting Format
I am using Excel 2007. I want to have a column that lists percentages - but to still be able to use the accounting single underline correctly. When I manipulate the accounting format to _(*#,##0.00%_) the underlining is not correct. If I use the accounting format I cannot get "%" signs. Thanks. Does this work? _(* 0.00%_);_(* (0.00%) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "jadeB" <jbschipper@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a9dfe12b-3c2f-4302-ba49-2c2dd39240c2@33g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... >I am using Excel 2007. > > I want to have a column that lists percen...

combine hide row macro with conditional formatting
I'm sure one of you gurus can solve this in a flash. I've recorded a simple macro to hide a row (Alt O, Alt R, Alt H) but I want it to run automatically based on a cell value. For example: If cell value "A1" is "x" then I want the macro to run, and repeat itself down the column "A2, A3" etcetera until it reaches a blank cell. Is there a way to plug my existing macro "hiderow" into Conditional Formatting for a column; or is there a simpler solution? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.c...

Convert numbers that have hidden Quotation Mark Embedded
Every month I work with a worksheet sent to me from another program. The numbers look like these: Amount $44,000.00 $90,000.00 $115,000.00 $24,000.00 I tried coverting them to nubmers by first using =value() formula, that doesn't work; I tried by formatting the cell to numbers, that doesn't work; I tried using text data to column and that doesn't work neither. I ended up having to first hit F2 to call up the numbers in each cell, then backspace the cell 3 times and that method works. However, it's time consuming. Anyone has a better idea? Pleas...

Data Migration Framework Installation Problems 02-08-05
Hello When attempting to install the Data Migration Framework to our dev server I am able to run through the enitre wizard using the defaults. The program thenstarts the Loading Data Migration Framework page which runs for aprox thirty seconds then takes me to the final screen with the following: "The wizard was interupted before the Microsoft CRM Data Migration Framework could be completely installed. your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again." if I do run setup again I get the same scenario. I am running the set up...

After Update Event 05-08-10
After Update Event Hi All, I am having a table like the below:- Table Name : DCData Field Name Type Document Presented Yes/No Date Date/Time I have created a form Using Wizard and get the fields from DCdata Table to my form. Form Name: DCData (F) I require a after update event macro for my [Document Presented] field (Yes/No) if the person check the [Document Presented] check box then the form should show the [Date] field otherwise if it is unchecked then the [Date] field should not be visible and cannot be accessed by the users. (Using Access 2003) Awa...

Cannot Publish Custom Form
I'm trying to Publish a Custom Form to my Personal Forms Library and I get the following error: Unable to successfully publish the form due to a MAPI error. The operation failed. An object could not be found. Someone please help me with this. I was at the end of my project. I'm on Outlook 2003. Thanks. ...

preserving cell formatting inside a CONCATENATEd string
Hi to All, I have formatted cell C5 as follows: ##"F1" I entered the number 1712 cell C5, which gives the desired result 1712F1 Now I want to CONCATENATE(C5,xx,xx,xx) to give result 1712F1 xx xx xx but what I get is 1712 xx xx xx Note that the formatting of cell C5 is variable and will change, for example from ##"F1" to ##"P1", ##"F2" or to something else. In each case I want the CONCATENATED string to correspond to the present format of cell C5, for example 1712F2 xx xx xx How can I achieve this variable format in my CONCATENATED string to automat...

Format Painter shortcut?
Is there a built-in keyboard shortcut for the Format Painter? If not, is there a way to to assign to some key combination? I know I can assign a key combination to a macro, but I would prefer not to write a macro just to get a keyboard shortcut for a standard function. Thanks -- Running Excel 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000 i don't know of any but you could copy the cell with the correct paste special>formats and then use F4 to repeat the action in each cell you want to format "LurfysMa" wrote: > Is there a built-in keyboard shortcut for the Format Painter? > > If...

Automatically numbering lines and columns in a chart using Excel
I have a question.......I know it can be done, but I was wanting to know if say, you have a grid chart made. How do you go about automatically numbering the lines and columns? ...

Copy and Paste and keep format the same
I am trying to copy and paste selected rows from varios workbooks into one master workbook. When I copy and paste a range of cells I find the rows collapse and show only one line of text. How can I copy and paste this information and automatically show all text in that cell? Some rows have one or two lines of text, others have up to 12 to 14 lines of text. It sounds like you just have to adjust the cell's formatting for word wrap. Select your cells format|cells|Alignment tab|check "wrap text" These are cells that have multiple lines within the cell--caused by alt-enters??...

total return numbers with money market funds
Since updating I am getting large negative total return numbers for my money market funds over the last 4 week and 3 month periods. Am I doing something wrong or is this a quirk that others have noticed? Thanks I'm getting same thing. It appears the 7 day yeild is going in as the price rather than the 1.00. The interesting thing is this seems only to happen to historical prices AFTER the current date. For example I'm sure I woulld have noticed almost a 5 fold increase in my money market when viewing my portfilio four days ago, but now if I select an as of date of four days m...

outline won't number after hitting "return"
I have set up the document per Shauna Kelly's instructions, but can't figure out what I've done wrong. Heading 1 is fine, but when I hit return, the style returns to "normal" on the second line and doesn't number. I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong. Sorry if the answer is really obvious, but I just can't figure it out. Thanks! Heading styles, by default, have the "Style for following paragraph" (in the Modify Style dialog box) set to Normal. You can change as you wish. Also, since you are using heading styles for an ...

Cond Format -- on set of columns, then one column
I currently have two conditional formats, and I'm only able to have one work or the other. Specifically for example, I have columns A through F populated, and when C18 is populated with "Complete" I want two things to happen: 1) A18:F18 are shaded Gray. 2) C18's font format changes to Bold Red Currently I can do them individually via the following: 1) Highlight columns A:F, then put Formula in Cond Format this: =$C1="Completed" 2) Highlight Column C, and put Cell Value in Cond Format: equal to "Completed" But, I can't do both at the same tim...

when import EXCEL to ACCESS, the date format excel column title changed...
when linking EXCEL to ACCESS, the date format excel column tilt changed in ACCESS table. For example: Excel column title : May-04,Jun-04,Jul-04.... changed to F09,F10,F11..... In ACCESS linked table Why and how can I keep the date tile as linked table fields name? Thank you.. Attachment filename: try.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=57659 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi are your Excel columns real date values (just formated as 'MMM-YY')? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ...