custom format or formula?? a tough one

 have cols of data (one would be percent change) where I
would divide.  I want all of the cells to display right
aligned.  I also want to change the "division by zero"
result to be changed to a "-", and centered.  I can do it
when I want a dollar sign or no sign...with an if statment
to change the div by zero and the accounting format.
I want to it to occur on the percent columns as well, and
can't figure out how...the "-" never comes out centered.
I think I just need a custom format but can't seem to get
it.
Please help!
..

Paragraph formating jumps to defaults.
Hi, We are using Office/Outlook 2007 We have an email signature script that is run when users login, it´s working ok except for two things; If the default paragraph settings in Word 2007 for a user matches those in the signature script, the signature will use the "Base defaults" of Word 2007, that is SpaceAfter = 10 and LineSpacing = "Multiple" with a value of 1,15. So if I change the script to use SpaceAfter=0 and the user has set his/her Word 2007 to use SpaceAfter=0, the result will be SpaceAfter=10. If the script is set to SpaceAfter=0 and the us...

Where is the lasso feature in 2008? (was in formatting palette in 2004)

Need formula to calculate bi-monthly pay dates
I need to create a list or table that returns all pay dates for the 15th and last day of the month for an entire year. The date must adjust forward when the normal pay date falls on a weekend or holiday, e.g. the 15th is Sunday so pay day is the 12th. My attempts have resulted in excessive formulas and no concrete answer. Do you need to account for holidays? This formula works but I don't account for holidays although it'd be easy enough to do so. I'm thinking some "date wizard" (a person that is good at date formulas, that's not me!) can probably ...

Formatting a subtotal line with a macro

if cell is text move left one column

formatting auto replies
Does anyone know of a method that allows outlook 2k2 to format automatic replies regardless of the format of the original message? I setup this automatic response rule that replies with a template, but problem is, when replying to http clients (hotmail or yahoo), the message at the receiver's end has words totally misplaced, all over the page. Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

"Customize Outlook Today" does not respond
The "Customize Outlook Today" button no longer functions. I use Outlook 2000 on two separate computers. the Customize feature works on neither one. They both formerly functioned perfectly. I have noted a few other postings with the same issue, but there have been no responses. Is it possible that one of the updates to Outlook 2000 has rendered this feature inoperable? Since I keep my programs up to date, that is the only guess I have. I have the exact same problem on more than one pc. I have been searching for an answer all day. I just decided to start using the opti...

Format for credit card numbers

Help With Margin Formula

Varying format
Is there any way to format a cell differently depending on the number of decimal places typed in? What I need is a minimum of 2dp but 3 if the typed entry matches. eg 1.2 appears as 1.20 and 1.234 appears as typed. TIA Ian Hi! Try formatting the cell with a custom number format such as 0.00## Al -- Alf ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AlfD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27494 "AlfD" <AlfD.1f5q6o@excelforum-nospam.c...

Custom reports #3

Time Format Question
Hello, I currently have time entered like this: 173517 90207 I need to look like this: 5:35 p.m. 9:02 a.m. I've done a ton of research but nothing has worked so far. Thank you. With your values in column AA, try: =TIME(LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-4),LEFT(RIGHT(A1,4),2),RIGHT(A1,2)) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "Toria" wrote: > Hello, > I currently have time entered like this: > 173517 > 90207 > > I need to look like this: > 5:35 p.m. > 9:02 a.m. > > I've done a ton of research but nothing has worked so fa...