0
Tonso

How about
Mon, Sep 27, 2010

If that's ok, try:
ddd, mmm dd, yyyy
or
ddd, mmm d, yyyy

--

Dave Peterson
0
On Apr 12, 8:08=A0am, Dave Peterson <peter...@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:
> How about
> Mon, Sep 27, 2010
>
> If that's ok, try:
> ddd, mmm dd, yyyy
> or
> ddd, mmm d, yyyy
>
> Tonso wrote:
>
> > I can use the built-in formats in XL2003 to get a date like " Monday,
> > September 27, 2010". Is it possible to create a custom format to give
> > a date like "Mon, Sept 27, 2010"?
>
> > Thanks so much for all the help, past, present, and future!!
>
> > Tonso
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

Just what I needed Dave! Thank you so much.

Tonso
0
Tonso

Macro for Autofiltering certain dates
Code below: Summary per month is in column A, the month and year are in columns B and C respectively. in row 1 (columns H and I) I have the =DATE function to say what month it is. Using these variables I wish to autofilter the A:C column data for the latest month so I can present the latest column A number. I need the data criteria to check the latest A:C data has been imported for that month. Sub Macro3() ' Dim Retail Dim Retailtest Set Retail = Workbooks.Open("N:\mis\EXCEL\EoM\DW-Reports \Retailfigure.csv") Set Retailtest = Workbooks.Open("N:\mis\EX...

File Dialog in access 2007 01-11-10
Im having problems with the following code in access 2007. I'm trying to open a file dialog to place an image into a form. Any help would be appreciated Reghards Rob. Sub getFileName() ' Displays the Office File Open dialog to choose a file name ' for the current id record. If the user selects a file ' display it in the image control. Dim fileName As String Dim result As Integer With Application.FileDialog(MsoFileDialogOpen) .Title = "Select Picture" .AllowMultiSelect = False .Filters.Clear...

format based on data from another cell
I want the names in column B of my spread sheet to highlight either red or yellow based on the value of the cell in column L, but with conditional formatting you can only format based on the value of the cell you are formatting, as far as i can tell. Hi Sanna conditional formatting can be used to do this, select the column B cells that you want the formatting to be applied to, ensure that the first selected cell is the first line visible at the top of the worksheet choose format / conditional formatting choose formula is type =$L2=x where row 2 is the first row in the selected column an...

number formatted cell
If I am typing in 19 numbers in a cell (that has been formatted to number) to keep track of account numbers, it puts zeroes at the end and only 15 numbers are showing. If I go into another cell and choose text first before typing and then type my numbers you can see all the numbers, but when I try to go and change the number formatted cell to text the number still does not change unless I retype the number. Is this the way this works? yes excel only keeps track of the first 15 digits in a number, if you entered more digits as a number,they are now lost. "Pam Coleman" wrote...

Fill Series 02-10-10
Hi The sheet isn't protected. The Series command is available but Excel doesn't allow me to click on it. Why is that so? Thanks ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Invalid or "unavailable"? Is the sheet protected? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 23:59:01 -0800, PL <PL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi >Using Excel 2003 > >For a file, the fill series command is invalid, why is that so? > >thanks If the Series button is available as in not "grayed out...

Multiple User Access 04-21-10
I have a database with a Data Access Page. Currently, the DAP users can gain access at any time whether the database is open or not. However, I can only open the database during a time when no one is using the DAP. Once I'm in, then they can log in and I can be in the database simultaneously with no problem. The problem occurs if someone has the DAP already open before I open the database, then database will not open until they log off the DAP. Does anyone have a solution? ...

Can't Send Email 06-28-10
I am a new Windows7 user and Windows Live user for email. I can recieve email but my sent emails remain in the Outbox. I cannot see a Tools or Email Account menu option in the mail window. Any help is much appreciated. -- JAK WLM version ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "JimmyAK" <JimmyAK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E210642-A115-4F77-B60E-16181B3B45DB@microsoft.com... > I am a new Windows7 user and Windows Live user for email. > I can recieve email but my sent emails remain in the Outbox. > I cannot see a Tools or Email Account ...

Outlook 2007 Not Responding in Vista 03-22-10
When I load Outlook on my laptop, it usiually takes 3 tries before it will work. It loads, then does a send receive, then normally stalls at about 60% in the status bar. Then It goes gray and I get not responding. I use Outlook connector and an msn.com email address. Does anyone know a fix for this? Outlook 2007 works fine on my PC with Windows 7. Thanks for any help. What version of the connector are you using? 12? If so, try upgrading to 14. It's still a beta but most people have found it fairly stable. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower h...

Simple Query 12-09-09
I am quering a database with 10000 records and the end result of the query should be about 1500 records. It worked once and now it hangs for a bit and returns 29 million records. What causes that? -- CowichanDave On Dec 8, 11:23=A0pm, cowichandave <cowichand...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am quering a database with 10000 records and the end result of the quer= y > should be about 1500 records. It worked once and now it hangs for a bit a= nd > returns 29 million records. What causes that? > -- > CowichanDave sounds like you have a join in there...

Problem with custom message class
Hi, I encountered the following problem: from the add-in I added a custom property and I changed the message class for all of the contacts. When I open a contact (any contact) it is opened with the old message class, but if I looked with Outlook Spy the contact has my custom message class. The contact is displayed with my custom form only after I close and reopen again Outlook. What could be the problem here ? Thanks, K.I For one thing, your code needs to make sure it dereferences the item after making changes. Also, Outlook does some caching of individual items, so if the item had been ...

ERROR message 05-17-10
i can't send emails! And like always, its the WORST time for this to be happening. i could send them fine before then all of a sudden, it just stopped working. please help soon... i get this message. "The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail servic...

>>>Live Chat
On October 4, 2007, the Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) team will host an Open Forum Live Chat. In this chat, our experts will take questions on any Microsoft Dynamics RMS topic. If we get a high volume of questions during the Open Forum chat, our experts might not be able to respond to all of them within the chat timeframe. In that event, our experts will respond after the chat ends, to the extent possible, and their answers will be included in the transcript for the chat. The transcript will be posted to the using page.http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/rms/using Si...

Outlook 2007 02-24-10
Is there a repair tool for a corrupt .pst file? I've uninstalled and reinstall many time and the file will not open. I get a cannot opent eh Outlook Window. Outllok works fine for another user on the machine (Admin) Help Scanpst.exe is in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12 folder. Bob wrote: > Is there a repair tool for a corrupt .pst file? I've uninstalled and > reinstall many time and the file will not open. I get a cannot opent eh > Outlook Window. Outllok works fine for another user on the machine (Admin) > > Help "Bob&quo...

Formula for calculating # of days between dates minus a particular date if present
I'm trying to create a formula that will calculate the number of days between two dates automatically subtracting a day(s) from the equation if a specified date(s) falls in between the two dates. For example, I don't want 1/15/04 to register as a counted day. If I enter the dates 1/1/04 in one cell and 1/12/04 in another cell then it's a straight foward DATEDIF equation. But if I enter 1/1/04 and 1/28/04, then I want the formula to figure out the number of days between 1/1 and 1/28 automatically subtracting 1/15 from the equation. This gets trickier as I need some calucations th...

rounddown with date calc?
I'm trying to determine the number of years someone has on the job. I'm using this formula - =DATEDIF(B7,TODAY(),"m")/12. This gives me a result of 13.92, how can I round down this calculatio to 13.0? If I remove the decimals...it rounds up to 14 - which is an error. Thanx -- Ltat42 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ltat42a's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2473 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49837 Ltat42a schreef: > I'm trying to determine the n...

Date.
I notice that when I put a date and drag the little square in the bottom right of the cell to adjacent cells, the other cells will have a date increment by one day. However, how do I do this when the cell is not adjacent and far apart? Another question, If I have two cell that are not adjacent and I want to add the date (9-23-04) for the beginning of the week which is Monday and the date for the end of the week which is sunday, How do I do this with 7 days range but within only two 2 cells? Thanks Hi use a formula such as =A1+7 and copy this formula >-----Original Message----- ...

Conditional Format Tracker by Date
I'm building a tracker to make sure paperwork is done on time. Headers: A:Name B:IDNum C:Phone D:StartDate E:Plan F:Paperwork G:30DAuth H:90DAuth I'd like to use conditional formatting to compare the dates and color the cells for easier tracking. The compare TO date is column D. In column E, we have 7 days to write the plan so if there is no date in that column, turn red. When a date is entered turn green if within 7 days but yellow if it's past 7 days. In column F, same as column E but only 3 days for that one. (I can figure that out if I get a w...

Custom layouts for Outlook Today
Has anyone created some custom layout for Outlook today. I was hoping to get something better than the Summer and Winter options that came with Office. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, David Muñoz David Muñoz <David Muñoz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Has anyone created some custom layout for Outlook today. I was hoping > to get something better than the Summer and Winter options that came > with Office. See if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=236081 -- Brian Tillman ...

Formatting drop-down menus
How do you change the size of font used to display options in a drop-down menu placed on a spreadsheet? I have tried formatting the default font size for the spreadsheet & the font size in the cell range used for the drop-down menu options but neither worked and I can't find anything in the help files. Windows XP home, Office 2000 Premium, All updates installed. You can't change the font size for a Data Validation dropdown list. However, you can use programming to adjust the zoom setting when the cell is selected. There's some sample code here: http://www.context...

Copying Formatting Styles
I am using Word 2003. When I copy text from one document to another all the underlying formating, including bullets, headers etc do not get copied. This does not happen always though. I tried copying formatting styles from source document to destination using Windows Organizer but that did not help. Please advise. Thanks. By default, the destination styles will be used when you copy text from one Word document to another. In your case, you may want to reverse the process: Instead of copying text from document A to B, copy the relevant pieces of text from document B to documen...

Conditional Formatting #3
Hi all I have this conditional format in cell BB35 =IF(BB35>$BB$37,TRUE) If I insert cells between BB35 & BB37, then the formula changes to =IF(BB35>$BB$38,TRUE) Is there a way of making BB37 absolute, or is there a formula using ROW that I could use? Many thanks -- George Gee -- Select cell B35 Choose Format>Conditional Formatting From the first dropdown, choose Formula Is In the formula box, type: =B35>INDIRECT("$B$37") Click the Format button and select your formatting Click OK, click OK George Gee wrote: > I have this conditional format in cell BB35...

Can I Apply Conditional Formatting to a Chart?
I don't agree with my boss's ideas regarding Excel Charts - I think that they are to cluttered and become less effective. So, I would like to apply conditional formatting via a checkbox to "turn off"(apply white/transparent properties)to one or more series in a chart, effectively eliminating the overlapping series from view temporarily. Can this be done? Is the answer VB?I think this could be very effective in clarifying data that is consistently overlapping each other. (Actually I would just make 3 separate charts on the same page, but nobody is asking me!) Tell me w...

How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1?
How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1? On 2/26/08 5:15 PM, in article ee8ee56.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "mollycat@officeformac.com" <mollycat@officeformac.com> wrote: > How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office > 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1? Delete these two files: ~:Library:Preferences:Microsoft:Office 2008:Microsoft Office 2008 Settings.plist where ~ is your home folder, and HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2008:Office:OfficePID.plist -- Diane, ...

using GETPIVOTDATA feature and need to keep formatting
I want to copy a value from a pivot table and am combining it with text using the =(C1&" "&(Getpivotdata....)) feature. The values in the pivot table are monitary and I'd like to keep the $ sign and '000 comma but the formatting disappears (ie no comma or $ sign) Thanks =(C1&" "&TEXT((Getpivotdata....),"$#,##0.00")) -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "CTTTTT" wrote: > I want to copy a value from a pivot table and am combin...

Auto format causes very large .xls files and slows my application.
I don't know how many rows of data will be entered at runtime. Presently I guess the maximum and apply auto format conditions to all rows that "could" be used. But this is creating very large .xls files (35MB) and is very inefficient since every cell format is reassessed every time the workbook is modified (can't switch off auto calc since users will forget to calc ! it's ok for me but not them.). Without using VBA, is there a way to apply auto format to rows containing data ? Select the range, then use Format - Autoformat. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthis...