custom cells format

I want to format a cell so i can transform 1256453 in 125.56. How can i
format a cell so i can view first number as 125.56?
Thanks for your help.

You have a couple of replies to your other posts.

--

Dave Peterson
0

There you type

0.00,

You get the results as desire

Sanjeev Agarwal

"puiuluipui" wrote:

> I want to format a cell so i can transform 1256453 in 125.56. How can i
> format a cell so i can view first number as 125.56?
> Thanks for your help.
0
sanjeev (16)
8/31/2005 7:06:02 AM
it's not what i wont. The result is 1256.45. i want to view it as 125.56.
Do you have another solution? thanks.

"puiuluipui" wrote:

> I want to format a cell so i can transform 1256453 in 125.56. How can i
> format a cell so i can view first number as 125.56?
> Thanks for your help.
??? sorry, i don't understand.Where can i find the solution?? What's the
solution? Thanks

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> You have a couple of replies to your other posts.
>
> puiuluipui wrote:
> >
> > I want to format a cell so i can transform 1256453 in 125.56. How can i
> > format a cell so i can view first number as 125.56?
> > Thanks for your help.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

If you post multiple messages to several newsgroups, you'll have to go back to
each newsgroup to see if you have responses.

If you only post to one newsgroup (or post one message with several newsgroups
in the header), then your life would be easier.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"unable to display all the cells due to low memory"
I have a co-worker getting this error whenever I try to open my Tasks folder. He has a lot of tasks (1000+), but they are all very small with no attachments. Running Outlook 2000 on Exchange 2000. Thanks! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly ...

how do i automatically archive old cell contents to a separate .
I have a worksheet that contains lists of "action items", that is used to keep track of jobs that need to be done. I want to be able to automatically move the contents of a row of cells to another worksheet once the action item has been completed. In other words, once I have changed the value in a cell to "yes" (the action has been completed), the information is archived in a separate worksheet. Is this possible, and how? I'd keep them in place, but use Data|Filter|autofilter to show/hide what I want. I think it makes life much more simple--especially when you...

instantaneous cell value
This is probably incredibly simple but I've been going in circles with it for some time. I'm looking for a way to grab and hold the instantaneous value of a cell whose contents are constantly being updated. Any thoughts? You can "fix" the values of a cell by <copy>, then select another cell (maybe in another sheet) and Edit | Paste Special | Values | OK. This would leave the formula in the original cell to continue to update itself. Hope this helps. Pete thanks for the reply. this works as a "manual" solution but how can I assign only the contents o...

Issue with cell ranges and formulas
I've got an interesting issue that I'd like some help with. I'm doing a performance analysis where I'm trying to average some numbers. Here's what I did to create the worksheet: In cell A1 enter 'Time', in B1 enter 'CPU #0', in C1 enter 'CPU #1', in D1 enter 'CPU #2', in E1 enter 'CPU #3', and in F1 enter 'Average'. I then format the cells in column A to use the 'time' category and '1:30 PM' type. Now I enter in cell A2 '8:30 PM' and A3 with '8:35 PM'. Next enter '17.368' in ...

Today customize problem (...not the known "button" problem, please read)
Hello, no, don't worry, i will not ask again the "my customize today page is not functionning, what should i do ?". :-) I have a problem with outlook 2002, while it looks like ok with outlook 2000. To customize the Today page with outlook 2000, you are able to modify the content itself to show another calendar than yours, for example. The "how to" is here (extracted from OutToday.doc, found on microsoft site): " Showing different Calendar and Tasks folders By default, the Calendar and Tasks databinding tables show the information from your main Calendar and Tas...

Is it posssibe to import customers' purchase historys?
Hi, I imported customers list using the QSImport util. But it could not import the purchase history info; Purcase History tab on Customer Properties. Which one is easier between importing from QuickBook and import by SQL command? Or is there anyother way that I can try? Thank you, -- ThirdOrbit POS 1167 Chess Dr. Suite B Foster City, CA 94404 TEL: (650) 212 - 7880 FAX:(650) 212 - 7868 www.ThirdOrbitPOS.com Email: allen@thirdorbitpos.com Purchase History is not stored separately - it is actually transaction data that is linked to a particular customer. QSImport will not load transa...

Splitting cells into multiple records
Hello, Here is what I am trying to do. I have an access DB that Excels pulls info out of and puts in a nice little format. My issue is that some of the fields have multiple records in it. Here is an example of the DB: First Name | Last Name | Issue | Remediation You would only have one first and last name, but there might be multiple instances in the issue and remediation cells. First Name | Last Name | Issue | Remediation John |Smith | Issue Number 1 | Remediation Number 1 | Issue Number 2 | Remediation Nu...

Sending HTML format report is not working #2
I have been sending RTF report from Ms Access on the body of the email. I need to send it in HTML format instead, but it is not working. The body of the email displays the whole source instead of the HTML formatted body. I have realized that the email format shows "Plain Text" and "Rich Text" format only. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Below there is an example of what I am getting, please check: <HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html;charset=windows-1252"><TITLE>Renta...

Custom Forms Authentication
Hi, All, We’re rolling out Microsoft CRM 1.2 in the coming weeks. We’ve developed a lot of customization, including developing custom solutions to help extend Microsoft CRM 1.2 to meet our business requirements. We’ve created a virtual directory inside the Microsoft 1.2 Website and used the ISV file for integration. We would like our custom solutions to share the authentication of Microsoft CRM so the users only have to login once (Login to MSCRM)… Basically, because our users have already authenticated it doesn’t make much sense for them to authenticate again when accessing our c...

Custom number format
Hello. At work we have an application that creates .csv files that we open with Excel. This list icludes product nubers that are ten digits long, many of which start with one or more zeros. For legibility I would like all of the numbers to show leading zeros if they have them. So I create a custom format of ten zeros (i.e. 0000000000). This works great, but the format is only in that workbook. Is there a way to create this custom format and have it always be available even when a new notebook is opened insted of having to re-create it every time? If so, can it be assigned to a new toolbutton...

I can't format 01/19/2004 to read January 19, 2004, please help!!
Dragged and dropped a series of dates and now I can't convert them to sort them properly. What to do?? Hi Paul, "paulonline66" <paulonline66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BB832DA-34AE-44B4-9D73-6F178E9AEBF0@microsoft.com... > I can't format 01/19/2004 to read January 19, 2004, please help!! > Dragged and dropped a series of dates and now I can't convert them to sort > them properly. What to do?? With the date cells selected: Data | Text to Columns | Next | Next | Select the Date option and Select the DMY option in the dropdown...

Can I customize my drop-down font list?
There are too many fonts in my drop-down list and it takes me forever to go through them all to find what I'm looking for. I've tried deleting some of the fonts from the fonts file, but haven't had a lot of success. Sometimes they delete, sometimes they don't. There are dozens of fonts that are so similar to each other that it's hard to see the difference, and I'd like to cull the ones I never use. Get yourself a font manager. There are free managers around and there are better ones that you will have to buy. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=free+fon...

Filtered cells return after save???
Excel 2007... After removing columns from a document Im left with rows that have blanks in some of the fields. I click on the column that has blanks, go to data/ filter to uncheck blanks and then do a sort on the table to alphabetize the list thats left. I save the document thinking it all looks grteat. But when I reopen the document, the filter is not saved. the rows that have blank fields are back. Is it because there are other cells in the row that are not blank? Im confused. What good is filter? I need to filter the list to remove all rows with blanks in a particular column. None of...

Customize Reports 10-30-03
I am looking to find out how we can customize reports that are in CRM. What will I need to accomplish this task? Buy the full version of Crystal Reports for MS CRM from your MS CRM vendor.... Sjaak Rovers The Netherlands "Katie Heller" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:031701c39f30$ba3fb610$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am looking to find out how we can customize reports > that are in CRM. What will I need to accomplish this > task? You will need version 8.5 of Crystal and the CRM Enhancement CD for Crystal Reports. I forget which CD it...

Footer date format #3
How do I change the date format for my excel worksheet footers? Hi "imran", Change your Regional Date format in your system Control Settings. Or use a macro http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pathname.htm#modify --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Imran" <Imran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1187E71-49C7-4DA1-9456-912FFEB92B2C@microsoft.com... > How do I change the d...

How to combine text from 3 cells into 1 cell
How to combine from 3 text-cells into 1 cell with space between them? See your other post for answer. John "JOF" <JOF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35A395E5-81A3-428E-BED7-1DF41F5370FF@microsoft.com... > How to combine from 3 text-cells into 1 cell with space between them? =A1&" "&B1&" "&C1 or =CONCATENATE(A1," ",B1," ",C1) "JOF" wrote: > How to combine from 3 text-cells into 1 cell with space between them? try this if your text are in a column A in B2 =A2&" "&...

Shape and custom layout shape
Hi, Is there way to find which shape in custom layout is a "parent" for shape on my slide ? Regards, Piotr Not sure what you mean Piotr. Is this a shape in a group? -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Beautiful Piotr" wrote: > Hi, > Is there way to find which shape in custom layout is a "parent" > for shape on my slide ? > > Regards, > Piotr Hi, What I was try to say :) is : I have custom layout and when...

Write scatterplot point ID to a cell
Hello all I'm trying to click a point in a scatterplot and have its ID (label, values, whatever) written to a cell. Any ideas? Thanks jcamoes Hi, Have a look at Jon Peltier's article "Chart Events in Microsoft Excel" http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221 Cheers Andy jcamoes wrote: > Hello all > > I'm trying to click a point in a scatterplot and have its ID (label, > values, whatever) written to a cell. Any ideas? > > Thanks > > jcamoes > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Thanks! That&#...

Using Off-Line Clients with new Customizations
Does anyone have any information availible about the Off-line Client for when a user is working off-line, and an on-line user changes the Customizations Schema. Hence knocking the off-line client Customizations and on-line server Customizations out of synch. I'm presuming that the only way forward is for the off-line user to re-install the off-line Outlook client to re-synch the Customizations, is this correct? Up until then, the Off-Line Client will crash (and hence prevent Outlook running) when connected to the network - is this the experience that anyone out there has seen? -...

Formula to copy multiple cells onto another sheet
I have a worksheet containing names and address that are repeated onto other sheets based on criteria in another column. What formula if any can I use to determine if that person meets that certain criteria to automatically copy the 3 columns that the name, phone, and address are located in to another sheet? A little more info: I have multiple worksheets and one master list containing 6 columns: First, Last, Birthday,Phone, and Address, and class. In the class column is a variety of class names. I would like to write a macro (I have never done this before!) ,if possible, that will ...

Sticking cells
BlankHiya, Im not sure how 2 explain this, but I would like 2 get Row 1 and 2 on my spreadsheet to 'stick', so when I scroll down my sheet the top 2 rows are always at the top. How can I do this? Thanks in advance. -- @---}-- Laura..... :) Liverpool, England "Do you know where you're going to?" "Laura ( '_' )" <laura@invalid.example.com> wrote in message news:u%235COkd8FHA.4012@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > BlankHiya, Im not sure how 2 explain this, but I would like 2 get Row 1 > and > 2 on my spreadsheet to 'stick', so when...

Insert Cell Text Into Chart
I have a cell of text(on sheet 1) that I want to paste into the top portion of a chart (on sheet 2) - I have done this before, but I cannot remember how - HELP! Hi insert a textbox, select this textbox and enter the equation sign '='. Now select your cell on sheet 1 and hit ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Karen wrote: > I have a cell of text(on sheet 1) that I want to paste > into the top portion of a chart (on sheet 2) - I have done > this before, but I cannot remember how - HELP! Thank you for your help - I'm sorry, maybe I didn't explain it ...

Office 2007 Styles create issue with "Too many different cell form
I'm not sure if anyone has come across this issue. I have a file that is used by both 2007 and 2003 users. Everything was working fine until one day the 2003 users were getting "Too many different cell formats." The issue was that there were now 3000+ styles on the spreadsheet. There were now custom styles created for each of the new cell styles in 2007 like the accents. It looks like everytime this was saved in compatibility mode, this was turned into a custom style. Eventually there were Accent1, Accent 1 1, Accent 1 2, etc. This looks like it will continue to...

select for last record for each customer
I have table with many recodrs as this table: customerID Date Stock1 Stock2 Stock3 Stock4 112105222 22/01/2006 5 6 2 1 112105222 23/05/2006 4 8 6 7 112105222 01/02/2007 6 9 4 6 112101024 12/12/2007 7 8 9 1 112101024 15/02/2007 7 9 2 1 . . . . . . by select qury I want show just the last record for each customerID as...

List opportunities order by estimatedclosedate and name of custome
I had done an aspx that returns all open opportunities ordered ascending by estimatedclosedate, or ordered ascending by name of customer. But when i try to order de two attributtes at the same time, nothing happens, because if i filter first by name of customer, and next by estimatedclosedate, the result comes ordered by estimatedclosedate. Anyone can help me? -- Regards, Pedro Airó ...