Custom cell formatting

I need to create a custom format for a series of cells that will begin like
this.
I can't figure out what the code character is fora volitile potentially
alpha character.
Can anyone help me??
-Monica, Dallas

00000A
00000B

davison1 (8)

Monica

something like this might work for you but you'll need to put all the
leading digits in for the entry with the alpha character

Regards

Trevor

"MDavison" <davison@fr.com> wrote in message
> I need to create a custom format for a series of cells that will begin
like
> this.
> I can't figure out what the code character is fora volitile potentially
> alpha character.
> Can anyone help me??
> -Monica, Dallas
>
> 000000
> 000001
> 000002
> 000009
> 00000A
> 00000B
> 000010
> 000011

Trevor9259 (673)
6/10/2004 10:03:59 PM
Oops ;-(

Might help if I gave you the format !

000000;000000;000000;@

Regards

Trevor

"Trevor Shuttleworth" <Trevor@Shucks.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Monica
>
> something like this might work for you but you'll need to put all the
> leading digits in for the entry with the alpha character
>
> Regards
>
> Trevor
>

> "MDavison" <davison@fr.com> wrote in message
> > I need to create a custom format for a series of cells that will begin
> like
> > this.
> > I can't figure out what the code character is fora volitile potentially
> > alpha character.
> > Can anyone help me??
> > -Monica, Dallas
> >
> > 000000
> > 000001
> > 000002
> > 000009
> > 00000A
> > 00000B
> > 000010
> > 000011

Trevor9259 (673)
6/10/2004 10:09:26 PM
Well - that sort of helped. But the alpha characters are not autofilling as
needed -
A, B, A1, B1, A2, B2....when I fill the series , they all enter as simply A
& B, with the preceeding zeroes.
Maybe this one just doesn't want to work?
-M

> Oops ;-(
>
> Might help if I gave you the format !
>
> 000000;000000;000000;@
>
> Regards
>
> Trevor
>

> "Trevor Shuttleworth" <Trevor@Shucks.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Monica
> >
> > something like this might work for you but you'll need to put all the
> > leading digits in for the entry with the alpha character
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Trevor
> >

> > "MDavison" <davison@fr.com> wrote in message
> > > I need to create a custom format for a series of cells that will begin
> > like
> > > this.
> > > I can't figure out what the code character is fora volitile
potentially
> > > alpha character.
> > > Can anyone help me??
> > > -Monica, Dallas
> > >
> > > 000000
> > > 000001
> > > 000002
> > > 000009
> > > 00000A
> > > 00000B
> > > 000010
> > > 000011

davison1 (8)

protecting a group of cells not a whole worksheet
I would like to protect a group of cells and not a whole worksheet but I haven't been able to figure out how to do this. I think this would be the best way for what I am wanting to do. I have a spreadsheet that I send to 13 people. They make changes and send back to me and then I have to up-date the changes. If I could protect all the cells except for the one they enter in - then I could save the file on a shared drive and it would eliminate me up-dating. Is there a way to do this? Hi select the cells for which you want to allow entries. After this goto 'Format - cells - Protection&...

#ERROR in Custom Field
I wrote a simple equation Additional Costs = ([Cost]) * 0.08 It was accepted into the equation but in the column it show "#ERROR" Does anyone have any suggestions or know what I did wrong? Hit the F9 key to recalculate. What type of field is the Additional Costs field? -Jack Dahlgren "Erin" <Erin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE0A8BFF-7179-4168-80EC-DE1881F8E284@microsoft.com... > I wrote a simple equation > > Additional Costs = ([Cost]) * 0.08 > > It was accepted into the equation but in the column it show...

Sorting the "My Work" or "Customers"
Hi, The default setting for the My Work is: Activities Calendar Queues Articles Reports Announcements The default setting for Customers: Accounts Contacts Is there a way to change order of these? Thanks Hello katrinathompson, yes you can change it in the sitemap.xml regards Mario > Hi, > > The default setting for the My Work is: > Activities > Calendar > Queues > Articles > Reports > Announcements > The default setting for Customers: > Accounts > Contacts > Is there a way to change order of these? > > Thanks > ...

How to customize the Office / Excel 2007 Theme Colors
Hi NG, Any idea how to customize the Office / Excel 2007 Theme Colors - Color Graduations? When you define Theme Colors you can define the base color for color Graduations, BUT there is not way to find out (a) how the color graduations are calculated, and (b) how to customize the color graduations Thanks, Andreas ...

24 time format and calculations
I have a spreadsheet with start and end times for people's working day, in 24 hour format. So it will be 830, 900, 1030, 715 etc in the start column and 1700, 1715, 1550 etc in the end column. I would like to do a calculation on these times to work out for each person how many hours are in their working day (including lunch and breaks). At the moment Excel regards these as regular numbers, so I cannot do a calculation like 1700-830 because it won't come out right. I have tried fiddling with the cell format with no success. How do I do it? =TEXT(B1,"00\:00")-TEXT(A1,&qu...

Go to a cell automatically
How can I make the active cell the cell after the statement: "End("B1").xlDown.offset(1,0)" to start a paste operation. Thanks in advance. try range("b1").end(xldown).offset(1).paste "Mercury" <pulgaron@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:QWlfb.8794$9a7.7822@bignews6.bellsouth.net... > How can I make the active cell the cell after the statement: > "End("B1").xlDown.offset(1,0)" to start a paste operation. > > > Thanks in advance. > > > Try this Range("d1").Copy Range("b1")....

Custom Animation
I have tried to use the custom animation in Powerpoint 2007 to create the effect of dissolving the top photo upon exiting, while a second photo (underneath) appears upon entrance. Unfortunately, the top photo reappears almost immediately. This defeats the whole purpose!! Can anybody tell me how to prevent this from happening? I would much appreciate your help! Thank you! First photo desappears with previous effect with, let say a delay of 6" Second photo above first one appears with previous effect Second photo desappears after previous effect with delay of 6"...

Customizing Views in OL2003 across a "Personal Folders" folder set
My company has migrated to Outlook 2003 and I would like to make some changes to the new Default Views. I have read the tips at outlook-tips.net and gone through this group in some detail but have not been able to accomplish my goals I have a bunch of folders saved on my local drive under "Personal Folders" which is on the same tree level as the main mailbox. I would like to 1) Disable Grouping 2) Disable the Reading Pane For 1) I tried View->Define Views->... per outlook-tips.net but it did not work across the subfolders in the Personal Folders directory. I also tried dis...

Display cells with data validation
Using 2003 - Is there a way of displaying cells that contains data validation restrictions? I've received a spreadsheet from someone with lots of restrictions on it and want to see which cells are affected. Thnks Anita "Anita" <Anita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19A5FB74-EF19-40C3-9632-EA0FB7F9D8B0@microsoft.com... > Using 2003 - Is there a way of displaying cells that contains data > validation > restrictions? I've received a spreadsheet from someone with lots of > restrictions on it and want to see which cells are affected. >...

Run a macro when cell value changes
I have a macro that I would like to run, onlly when a particular cel value reaches a pre-defined value. I really do not know how to do this - I have looked on help features but to no avail. any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com right click sheet tab>view code>copy/paste this>modify to suit>save Now when cell c1 calculates to >32 your macro will fire Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() If Range("c1") > 32 Then call yourmacro ' MsgBox "Hi" End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Emea training >&quo...

Help formating
I have cells which can accpet percentages and currency values my questions is when i enter a value <1 i want the cell to format as % if the value is >1 then i want it to be currency. can some one help me out i cant do this using condityional formating. any one have ideas ??? Regards, Alexandre Use a custom format instead: Format/Cell/Number/Custom [<1]0.00%;$#,##0.00 You don't say what should happen if the value is =1. I assumed currency format. In article <1122487381.944331.179000@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Alexandre Brisebois (www.pointnetsolutio...

Custom Format : Gb/Mb/kb/bytes : Need help debugging command
Hi Everyone, I'm trying to format a few series of bytes as something that is a little more legible, and truncating the number of decimal points. While the link 'Local Tips on Custom Formatting eg.' (http://www.exceltip.com/st/Formatting_numbers_according_to_criteria_in_Microsoft_Excel/71.html) has been a great aid in getting the general drift of how to write the custom format strings, it doesn't aid debugging something that errors. I have the following line: > [<1099511627776]((#,##0.000)/1099511627776)" > TB";[<1073741824]((#,##0.000)/1073741824)"...

Contact Email address format
Hi! I'm trying to programmatically access the my contacts from outlook, which I did using the following code: var outlookApplication = new ApplicationClass(); NameSpace mapiNamespace = outlookApplication.GetNamespace("MAPI"); MAPIFolder searchFolder = mapiNamespace.GetDefaultFolder(OlDefaultFolders.olFolderContacts); The problem is that any email address (Email1Address) retrieved which is connected to the same local Microsoft exchange server is retrieved in the following format: /o=First Organization/ou=Exchange A...

How to Unset Customer
Hi Does anyone know how can i revert back to walk-in customer if I mistakenly select a customer in the POS screen regards, Joie Have you tried using the clear customer button or function "Joie" wrote: > Hi Does anyone know how can i revert back to walk-in customer if I > mistakenly select a customer in the POS screen > > regards, > Joie > > > Should be Ctrl-Shift-7 Marc "Paul Houston / Eastern National" <PaulHoustonEasternNational@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9C52238-1110-48B6-8D61-2AF6FEB51FEE@microsoft....

Replace every non empty cell
Hi, I want to replace every cell with is not empty in a column with th word "DEMO". Can someone help me? Thanks, Serg -- serg ----------------------------------------------------------------------- serge's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=416 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27555 To fill the blank cells in the used range of a column: Select the column Choose Edit>Go to Click the Special button Select Blanks, click OK Type DEMO Press Ctrl+Enter serge wrote: > I want to replace every cell wit...

Customizing Menu (Right Click Menu)
Being on a worksheet on a right click I get a menu: -cut -copy -paste -paste special .... I would like to add some command or macro to this menu, but I don't know how to edit this menu in project view. Could some one give me a piece of advice of how to get there? Tomek Works lovely. There is no better way out than newsgroups. I feel it every day. Thanks Bernie Tomek "Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe@consumer.org> wrote in message news:%23vYfIutRDHA.2892@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Tomek, > > Use the first macro below to add a button that calls the second macro b...

Formatting Percentages Redux
Ages ago I asked a question about formatting percentages (specifically in TextBox controls on a UserForm) to display a plus or minus sign as appropriate - something that the 'FormatPercent' function doesn't support. I received a most helpful answer from either Jay or Doug - I've slept a few times since then and can't remember exactly who it was - describing a method for using the basic 'Format' function to meet my needs, and things have been working a treat ever since. Until now... Here's the situation. I need a method whereby percentage values...

remove rows that have any cells values strikethrough to a blank Sheet2
Hi, I am looking for help with a code that is able to cut or delete al rows that has any cell values strikethrough in any column in th currently open worksheet, and paste those rows in the blank Sheet2 fro row 2 downwards. Sheet2 must also have the Header names being copie over to Row 1. The open worksheet has cells strikethrough in all the characters, no just some characters. After the rows have been removed, the open worksheet should not contain blank rows in between. The Header names in row 1 must be i tact. Any suggestions is much appreciated. Thanks in advance ------------------...

List customer of a 1 company
Hi I have a multicompany setup in GP 9.0. I need to list all the customers that belong to a single company. Can please someone tell me how can this be achieved? Thanks Regards List them how? via a SQL query? via a SmartLists? a report? in Excel? When you say multicompany, do you have many company databases or do you have one database with customers for all the companies represented by your GL segments? Some hint to these questions will get us started. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Riz"...

Macro to auto save file using the format YYMM
Hi, I recorded a macro that automatically saves a file then change the formula in cell A1 to today's date, ie =today(), then save the file. I have a problem with the last part...is there any way I can set the macro such that the file will be saved as "c:\YYMM ABC" where 'YYMM' is the format of the date (probably can be taken from cell A1) and 'ABC' is my own file name? Thanks! You can get the date right in the code: dim myFileName as string myfilename = "C:\" & format(date,"yymm") & " ABC.xls" activeworkbook.saveas fi...

Highlighting cells if a value is obtained
I have an IF equation and when it fails/brings up a certain value i would like it to highlight the cell as a color, specifically red. Is this possible? If so how? For example. The equation is =IF(G11>130000, "No Bolt Specification For Carbon Steel", "0") In the true instance I need that cell to be highlighted to ensure the operator knows what happened. Thank you for your help Select Format | Conditional Formatting... Formula is =G11>130000 Choose a Format Ok -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "dippy" wrote: > I have an IF equation ...

Copy Shape text to Custom properties using VBA
I want to copy the shape text to custom properties using VBA. Any help will be appreciated. Hello VB, Have a look at this post, which deals with something similar and let me know if you have any questions: http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.visio.general/browse_thread/thread/3712a3eb1daebc0e?hl=en&ie=UTF-8 Best regards John John Goldsmith (Visio MVP) www.visualSignals.typepad.co.uk www.visualSignals.co.uk "VB" <VB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D95EA556-60D3-413C-8C18-03854C74DEFC@microsoft.com... >I want to copy the shape text...

Graph formatting
I would like to shade the area on a line graph between 10-80 different from below 10 and above 80. How can this be accomplished? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/HorizBands.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Mike Williams" <Mike Williams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22145446-3406-4186-BA7B-031BF3AA2EA3@microsoft.com... >I would like to shade the area on a line graph between 10-80 different from > below 10 and above 80. How ...

format differnet widths columns and rows for different pages
I would like to know how you can have different formatting for row and colunm widths on different pages; is this possible and if so how do you do it?? You could use VBA to change the column.width for a worksheet..... if you were talking about that? -- Dnereb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dnereb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26182 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486499 By "pages" do you mean printed pages on one worksheet? On each Excel worksheet th...

Dragging cell's formula changes BOTH referenced cells
Sorry for the long post! Please see the attached Word doc - it has a table that I copied from a spreadsheet I'm working on. I included each cell's formula to help explain what I'm trying to do. As you can tell, I'm creating a kind of fuel calculator/comparison chart. I want to be able to compare the amount spent over a year for a couple of vehicles with a certain mpg rating. There's more to the chart, but this information is sufficient for my question/problem. I'm including fuel prices from $1.50 to $4.00 (man, can you believe prices these days?! :eek: ). That's...