Custom Buttons linked to Macros

This is fustrating...
I have made a custom menu based upon macros that I have in a worksheet.  This worksheet is a file which will be saved using a different names at any given time.  When I use the custom menu based upon the macros in the first saved file it works.  When I go back to the "template" file and do another save as, when I try using the custom menu, it trys looking for the macros in the previous saved file instead of looking at the macros in the just saved file.  Can this be fixed to where it will what ever the file name is not try and cross link to another set of macros but use the one in the file?
Any help would be great! Thanks in advance

Assign/unassign on open/close. Below is example for toolbar.

Sub Auto_open()
    Toolbars("LogForm").Visible = True
    Toolbars("LogForm").ToolbarButtons(1).OnAction = "PhoneLogger"
    Toolbars("LogForm").ToolbarButtons(2).OnAction = "LateLogger"
End Sub
Sub Auto_close()
    On Error Resume Next
    Toolbars("LogForm").ToolbarButtons(1).OnAction = ""
    Toolbars("LogForm").ToolbarButtons(2).OnAction = ""
    Toolbars("LogForm").Visible = False

    Toolbars("LogForm").Delete
    On Error GoTo 0
End Sub

HTH, Greg

"surveyorinva" <surveyorinva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is fustrating...
> I have made a custom menu based upon macros that I have in a worksheet.
This worksheet is a file which will be saved using a different names at any
given time.  When I use the custom menu based upon the macros in the first
saved file it works.  When I go back to the "template" file and do another
save as, when I try using the custom menu, it trys looking for the macros in
the previous saved file instead of looking at the macros in the just saved
file.  Can this be fixed to where it will what ever the file name is not try
and cross link to another set of macros but use the one in the file?
> Any help would be great! Thanks in advance

0
gregkoppel (32)

In Visio how can I link a shape to a word file
I am creating a flowchart and would like to know if I can use the Shapes as buttons and get them to link to a word file stored on a drive? On Tue, 31 May 2005 05:57:21 -0700, BB1066 <BB1066@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am creating a flowchart and would like to know if I can use the Shapes as >buttons and get them to link to a word file stored on a drive? Select the shape then from the 'Insert' menu select 'Hyperlinks'. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/ SanDriLa - SDL/MSC/TTCN/UML2 application for Visio http...

How to customize Microsoft Money
Is there a way to programmatically customize Microsoft Money? Thanks, Luca See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=10. "lalberti" <lalberti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:998312B8-2928-4C61-98F7-F20F38822EF7@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to programmatically customize Microsoft Money? ...

Macro to keep 15 specific records and delete everything else.
Hi Gang, I work inventory control for a company in Texas and have to check stock levels for around 15 parts daily. The download for these parts contain an additional 1000 other rows of part numbers I dont need. I have used Excel macros in the past that delete rows based on specific criteria but how do I do the reverse? Essentially use an Excel macro that says "keep these 15 specific part numbers" but delete everything else that isnt them. I posted this question mistakenly in an Access forum so my aplogies if this looks like a double post. Your help is greatly appreciated. Sam...

Using the SDK to update customized fields
The SDK provides references to the XSD schema that can be used for writing CREATE or UPDATE statements. How do you go about updating a custom field that you've added to an entity. Specifically, we add a field to the INCIDENT entity using the DEPLOYMENT manager etc. How can i create my XML - what's the tag that I need to use in order to update the custom field (call it testfield - CFStestfield) does the XSD get updated automatically? Is there anyway to do this?? Thanks. Nick Nick, All you need to do is add the appropriate element to the XML. In your example, it would be CFStestf...

Sheet linking to Another File, HLP! #2
Yea i have used the hyperlink method, but it simply opens up the othe file on a separate worksheet. I really need to bring it into the main file as a sheet -- FultonHoga ----------------------------------------------------------------------- FultonHogan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1569 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27226 hi, hyperlinks do not import data. it is just a reference to where the data is at. If you need to import, then hyperlink is not what you are after. If it is a one time thing, then c...

Linked Charts Lose Formatting
I'm creating a "dashboard" for my company, and as part of this, am linking various information (charts, tables, documents) into one Excel file, and I'm then saving the file as a web page for others to browse. Everything seems to be working, but some of the charts I've copied from another Excel file are losing their numeric formatting. For example, the horizontal axis is formatted as dates in the original file, but in the linked file, they show up as the date serial number (i.e., 39325, 39326, etc.). Also, the numbers in the data table for the chart are no long...

Toolbar buttons (text and bitmaps) are disappearing, when using with MFC CToolBar class
Guys, help me to sovle the following problem I have a MFC SDI application (Vc++ 6.0) ( 2 Threads, UI and data acqusition thread). The UI is having a simple toolbar control with text and bitmap. The problem is once i run this application after doing some gui operation (like invoking some dialog box changing to diffrent view) the toolbar button is getting disappeared. sometimes the fonts of the toolbar button is getting changed or sometimes when i move the mouse over the toolbar, the buttons is slowly going away( only back ground color of rebar is comming. Is there any methods to debug this ki...

Hyperlink link in workflow emails (CRM 4.0)
Hi, Got so many articles but all are perfect. Using CRM 4.0. I would like to include hyperlink in Workflow email. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.crm&tid=bbf7c5cf-4a61-45b4-a8e7-8c37eebcffed&cat=en_US_f9cb8267-48ed-4f92-9f39-209bbcb29eb1&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=&p=1 Issue is: Email generated through workflow, but the http... shows as plain text, not as hyperlink. Any suggestion will be appreciated. -mac Hello John, Did you copy and paste in a hyperlink, or type in the url? You may want to copy and paste a hyper...

2007 Customization
Hi - Over the past couple years I've created custom macros and toolbars (in word and excel) for my company. Some are deployed to a few individuals, some to a lot of people. Some are very simple macros that make life easier and tasks faster. None of them make any sense when you attach an unrelated symbol to them on the QAT. (This is probably one of the most frustrating aspects of the ribbon.) I'd like suggestions on how to handle this in 2007. Is it best to customize the ribbon (can I share this customization?) or ??? I've looked at P. Schmid's RibbonCustomiz...

Customer modifier
will customer modifier version 9 (available from 2020software) work on version 8.0 great plains? The only 2020software I have heard of is just information about software, they do not actually sell anything of their own...? www.2020software.com - is this what you mean?? Customer Modifier is a tool you can buy from Microsoft and is part of the Professional Services Tools Library. If you have purchased the tool for version 9.0, they will typically give you the reg. keys for version 8.0 as well (should be for no additional cost, but you'd have to ask). You do have to use the tool...

How to display tooltip for disabled buttons in VC++
Hi all, Kindly clarify my doubt I am developing the dialog based application in VC++. I have created 10 buttons having captions like Bold, Italic, Underline, Right alignment, etc. Some buttons can be enabled and some disabled. My question is: The tooltip is active ONLY for the enabled buttons. I need to implement tooltip for the disabled buttons also It will be great if anyone could help me Thanks in Advance, Chinna -- Hard Work Never Fails ...

Macro help: Adding Specified Blank Formatted Rows Automatically?
How do I make a macro that will prompt with a dialog box to copy the rows a certain number of times. For example, if I have 2 rows of data and I want to be able to specified any number of copies of the 2 rows blank without the data but maintain the formats (colors, condition, formulas, code, etc.). I want to add the rows to the existing worksheet. Also, I would want to this macro to be flexible to maintain it�s function if I add or delete columns from the chart. See sample chart File Attached: http://www.exceltip.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=279064 (question5 sample1.xls) ----------------...

Customer/Vendor Consolidation Messed Up?
GP 10. SP3. Test Environment, pre production upgrade. When I go to Transactions > Customer/Vendor Transactions I get the message: The Customer/Vendor Consolidation Setup information is missing or damanged" We don't use this most likely and I get the same error message in v8 sp5 on production. Any clue? What does this do anyway? Allen, Open the Customer/Vendor Consolidation Setup window. (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> Company >> Customer/Vendor Setup) Then Enter or select a posting or allocation account as the default suspense accou...

customer DB email address query
I would like to run a query or chrystal report to pull off all my customers email addresses so I can send one single email to all of them. Does anyone know the best way to do this? Thanks! I have a report for HQ Mgr that will generate a listing of all of your customers within RMS that have an email address assigned. You would use this report (filter so email <> (blank)) then generate and export. Do you have an address where I can send it? -- Jocelyn "zoostation" wrote: > I would like to run a query or chrystal report to pull off all my customers > email addr...

Allowing PS Remoting into my custom desktop PowerShell hosting app
We want to host the PowerShell runtime in our desktop windows application to give our customers an option to write product extensions and customizations in PowerShell script. WPK seems to make practical the notion of writing even the GUI portions of a desktop product extension in script and that is fantastic. We could create some custom PS providers and cmdlets that exposed key application data and functionality to the script writer. Though the idea of writing extensions to a desktop application in the form of PowerShell script seems compelling, it will only succeed if the cus...

custom color palette for every new workbook
I have been changing the color palette for each new workbook. Is it possible to have Excel start out all new workbooks with my own color palette? Best, Vinod On 9 Jul 2004 16:46:34 -0700, one@vinod.org (Vinod) wrote: >I have been changing the color palette for each new workbook. Is it >possible to have Excel start out all new workbooks with my own color >palette? 1/ Create a workbook with the palette that you want. 2/ Save that as a file named Book.xlt (Save As type "Template (*.xlt)") in your xlStart folder, the location of which will vary depending on your version. (J...

Process multiple Vouchers from One customer
Is there a recommended way to process multiple gift vouchers from one customer? Now we process one voucher and put trans. balance on account then process next gift voucher toward reaming trans. balance. Repeat this until balance is cleared. Any suggestions? Dave Dave - in SO manager go to database - tender types - select your gift voucher tender then click properties - check mark "allow multiple entries" so that more than one gift voucher tender can be accepted in the same transaction. I think this is what you're looking for, but if I misunderstood your question, plea...

Excel 2004 security upgrade effect on macros

Pre-Format email with addresses for supversior (Actions Buttons)
Is there a way a user can create an email in Outlook XP (using exchange server) that can contain pre addressing. Msg be saved then included in another msg to a supervisor where by when open the supervisor can reveiw orginal msg and then using action buttons, send the email out under their email address. Create the message and save it. Drag it into your Drafts folder. Then create the message to the supervisor and drag the first message into it. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers h...

ActiveX Command Button
Hi, I am using Excel 2007. I have been placing several ActiveX Command Buttons on a worksheet. I was wondering if there is a setting that would force the boundaries of my Command Buttons to "snap" to cell boundaries on the underlying worksheet. Thanks in advance, Paul Kraemer -- Paul Kraemer Manually? If yes, hold down the alt-key when you're positioning the commandbutton (or any shape). It'll snap-to the edge of a cell. Get close to the corner and it'll snap-to both edges. Paul Kraemer wrote: > > Hi, > > I am using Excel ...

VBA Macro: Word 2003 (FormFields)
Hi, I have a question on how to capture a hyperlink that is inserted behind a checked FormField (type Checkbox). The idea is to create some sort of index page with checkboxes, which will summarize a number of hyperlinks (which point towards several files on the company network). A button will print out all of the CHECKED checkboxes. I'm not able to achieve this. This is my code so far: Private Sub PrintButton_Click() For x = 1 To ActiveDocument.FormFields.Count If ActiveDocument.FormFields(x).Type = wdFieldFormCheckBox Then If ActiveDocume...

Error opening Publisher files with links to Excel
When opening my Publisher file with tables linked to Excel, I get an error message which says 'Microsoft Excel has experienced an error and needs to shut down' I have successfully opened these linked files many times previously. I repaired both Excel and Publisher to no effect then reinstalled them also to no effect. I have plenty of RAM (512MB) and the combined Publisher and Excel files amount to just about 15MB. I allowed the error message to be sent to Microsoft, often this directs to a solution but there was no feedback. Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks, What ...

Linking Purchase Requisition with Sales Order
Dear Gurus! I have a small requirement from my client. He wants to create Purchase Requisition through Sales Order. i.e. copy all the content of sales order in a purchase requisition so that he doesnt put everything again. Can we do this in GP 10. If we cant do it, please give me an advice of how to develop an enhancement over it i.e. which table to use and where to get the procedures. Thanks and Best Regards Sajid ...

Macro to merge cells of the same colour/pattern index
Hi guys, I am hoping that some one here can help me, First off i have a very, very basic knowledge of excel and vba so please bear with me and i will try to describe what it is i am trying to do as best as possible. I have a worksheet that has a list of equipment down the left hand side and week numbers going across the top 1 to 52. The spreadsheet is essentially a plan of what equipment is being used by certain processes, represented by coloured or patterned formatted cells in the weeks they will be in use. Kind of like a gantt chart. Currently i have a spreadsheet were i...

How can force enable macros to be able to open my workbook?
I would like to be able to force employees to enable macros for a certain workbook or it will not let them open the workbook. And maybe put a password on it so if i would like to modify the workbook without the macros enabled. set up the workbook so that the only sheet showing is one with a message which says "You must enable macros for this workbook to work." in a large obvious font. Have the workbook password protected and all sheets veryhidden. In the workbook_Open event, hid that message-sheet & display the sheets which you'd need to have visible. So, if the user disab...