Cursor Keys does not change cell focus

I use passwords to protect worksheets (leaving cells unprotected in
which data is to be entered) and so I do not forget the password, I
write the password in the last row of the last column (IV65536) then I
protect the sheet.

When the sheet is protected I then cannot use the cusor keys or rather
the up/down/left/right arrow keys do not move the cell focus to the
next cell of the unprotected cells. I can mouse click on the cell but
that is a pain and I should be able to use the cursor keys.  If I then
delete the data in the last column/row I am still stuck with the
problem. Is this an undocumented feature of excel??????

On other spreadsheets I have protected without using the last
column/row the cursor keys work fine.

--
Skypilot
Skypilot's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19946

I think you have to move about with the tab key oncethe sheet is protected
it will go to the next cell to take data
peter

"Skypilot" wrote:

> I use passwords to protect worksheets (leaving cells unprotected in
> which data is to be entered) and so I do not forget the password, I
> write the password in the last row of the last column (IV65536) then I
> protect the sheet.
>
> When the sheet is protected I then cannot use the cusor keys or rather
> the up/down/left/right arrow keys do not move the cell focus to the
> next cell of the unprotected cells. I can mouse click on the cell but
> that is a pain and I should be able to use the cursor keys.  If I then
> delete the data in the last column/row I am still stuck with the
> problem. Is this an undocumented feature of excel??????
>
> On other spreadsheets I have protected without using the last
> column/row the cursor keys work fine.
>

> --
> Skypilot
> Skypilot's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19946
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=345710

0
peterm (65)
2/16/2005 12:01:03 PM
Peter,

Thanks but that is not the case  - in other protected sheets I can use
the cursor keys to move between cells - the TAB key does not move
between the cells either - the only way is is to use the mouse to
select the unlocked cells.  I think the significant factor is that I
have placed data at some stage in the last cell of the last row in the
last column. Try it - open a new spreadsheet select some cells then
format cells/protection and untick LOCKED - go to AV65536 and put in
some data then protect sheet - now try and move around the unlocked
cells with the cursor keys or the tab keys.  do the same on a new sheet
except do not put data in AV65536 - protect sheet and you can move
around with cursor and TAB keys.

--
Skypilot
Skypilot's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19946
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=345710

Sorry for the delay, I picked a group of cells unticked locked , put info in
my last cell
IV65536 protected the sheet and can move around with arrow keys. What excel
are you using 97 2000 or xp?

"Skypilot" wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Thanks but that is not the case  - in other protected sheets I can use
> the cursor keys to move between cells - the TAB key does not move
> between the cells either - the only way is is to use the mouse to
> select the unlocked cells.  I think the significant factor is that I
> have placed data at some stage in the last cell of the last row in the
> last column. Try it - open a new spreadsheet select some cells then
> format cells/protection and untick LOCKED - go to AV65536 and put in
> some data then protect sheet - now try and move around the unlocked
> cells with the cursor keys or the tab keys.  do the same on a new sheet
> except do not put data in AV65536 - protect sheet and you can move
> around with cursor and TAB keys.
>

> --
> Skypilot
> Skypilot's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19946
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=345710

0
peterm (65)

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Territory Change

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Changing font in Money 2004 register?

Single click selects multiple cells

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Changing language

Changing the words "Sales Receipt" to "Invoice"
I cannot find how to change the word at the top right of our Sales document to read "Invoice" rather than "Sales Receipt". We bill out as a receivable for most of our goods and there seems to be some confusion with our customers. Thanks in advance for your help. -- Ron Moore Changing Sales Order to Invoice There is a receipt variable called "Transaction.ReceiptTransactionName" (in <SUB name="PrintTransactionType"> of receipt.xml)which returns the "default" name for the transaction based on it's type. You can replace this w...

Change View
Hi I have in a default view: My Active Accounts and I would like to change it to: Active Accounts Thanks Carlos Hi Carlos, This can be setup in the Account entity. Customize the Account Entity - forms and Views - Select Active Accounts and Set as default. This should do it. Hope this helps! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www.inogic.com -------------------------- "Carlos De la Cruz" <carlos.delacruz@gmail.com> wrote in message news:F19899E7-A9EB-4F38-BE4C-BA01991CD2C0@micro...

Inbox Icons not changing when email forwarded or replied to
This may seem like an insignicant issue, but when you have hundreds of emails in your inbox, it is extremely important to know which ones you have forwarded and which ones you have replied to. Unfortunately, my inbox icons do not change when I reply to a message or forward a message. They also remain as the "Read Message" icon. I have searched the Knowledge Base, but I have been unable to find an answer to this seemingly simple issue. I am using Outlook 2000. Appreciate any assistance, James ...